Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,773 members, 7,831,486 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) (44480 Views)

Burial Photos Of Lateef Jakande (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Buried) / Festus Marinho Is Dead: First NNPC MD Dies / Jide Sanwoolu Visits Lateef Jakande, The 1st Civilian Governor Of Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Judolisco(m): 1:11pm On Feb 11, 2021
Very good man see testimonies

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by LLSAINT(m): 1:11pm On Feb 11, 2021
What are you waiting for?
You allow the likes of Garba (Ewu), sorry Shehu to deceive us with deceptive writeups when we have a new breed of Prof Wole Soyinka on this platform.
Good eulogy. This is a literal Ode of immense repute

Furbish:
Adieu papa!

Jakande's legacy still endure! In his time he gave us classrooms, he served us real food.

I remember in the early 80s while I was in pry 2 and 3. We had good teachers.

The syllabus was strictly adhered to. Education was so good.

Growing into adulthood, I later knew the Ajah road LCC recently upgraded was constructed by him.

The day I met you at the airport was a day I won't forget. Gentle and angelic. Our gaze met. I felt and immortal grace, and it left a mark. Thanks for giving us Lagos.

You already wrote your epitaph with celestial ink, on stones so precious.

Thank you Baba Kekere!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by President99: 1:12pm On Feb 11, 2021
May his soul rest in perfect
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Chirowman(m): 1:12pm On Feb 11, 2021
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by askakim(m): 1:12pm On Feb 11, 2021
God gave him long life in this our beloved country .. I was telling my Biological Father when he clocked 70 last year that he will still be alive after two decade and half...The old man said I believe you my son since you told me when I became 60yrs, that death shouldn't be feared as long as you have Christ Jesus...

2 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Brunicekid(m): 1:12pm On Feb 11, 2021
Lateef Jakande... THE BEST GOVERNOR OF LAGOS EVER!!! REST IN PEACE!!!
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 11, 2021
sisisioge:

Oga be guided...stop mentioning me in the same breath with that name. Thank you.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by karashita: 1:13pm On Feb 11, 2021
Am emotional, reading the tribute in honour of this great man.His children must be proud of him.I am.Adieu, Baba Kekere.

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by bigfish3k: 1:14pm On Feb 11, 2021
These are the real Nigerians
A very detribalised man

RIP, a man with a good heart
How I wish that you were allowed to fully implement your plans for Lagos state..

We would have been singing a better song today
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by freaklyme(m): 1:14pm On Feb 11, 2021
See Animal wey Dey talk , Stupid bigot
Sepetonri:

Tell that to your father. You swine.

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by EmekaA125(m): 1:15pm On Feb 11, 2021
RIP Baba. The father of modern day Lagos

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 11, 2021
gasparpisciotta:

Despite being a governor of Lagos and a former minister of works there are no commercials ventures attached to your name.

Sleep well sir.

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by johnmartus(m): 1:15pm On Feb 11, 2021
Buhari is a certified criminal. A useless religious fanatic.
TimeManager:
The man died with the most effective Governance template on Education, Civil service, transportation, low housing estate.etc. Jakande birthed a railway project which Buhari foolishly cancelled based on his shallow mindedness. Many years after, Buhari is back to implement a railway project with accompanying debt burden payable by all Nigerians.

Adieu Baba Kekere

Kiss the truth!
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 11, 2021
RIP
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by etrouble: 1:16pm On Feb 11, 2021
So LASU changes name to LAJU (Lateef Jakande University)
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Onuoha1234(m): 1:16pm On Feb 11, 2021
He came with nothing. He knew he will go with nothing. So he did not amass stolen rotten goods.God receive him into paradise!

2 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Focusmind: 1:16pm On Feb 11, 2021
Lagoon0:

I wonder how come we voted the same buhari to power sad .

And now we're screaming the name of another criminal for 2023. What's happening to us.

Bro, I no follow vote in the current administration. This is the problem with Nigeria. They will gladly and proudly vote in inefficiencies in all levels of government and come online to rant and abuse the same people they voted in. The last time I voted was during Obasanjo first tenure.

No matter how they tried to cajole me into exercising my right to vote, if the candidates do not make sense, I no dey vote. It is not just about exercising my right to vote, it is about voting in the right person.

4 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by faithfull18(f): 1:17pm On Feb 11, 2021
Eeyah.
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Juanmike(m): 1:19pm On Feb 11, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Baba kekere. Rest in peace sir.

I see him being rewarded for his good works in Paradise. This I have seen.
What else did you see Prophet of doom.
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Vanderandrew(m): 1:19pm On Feb 11, 2021
The best Governor of Lagos ever. His legacies lives on. May his soul rest in peace. Greatly missed by Lagosians and Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Bansempire: 1:19pm On Feb 11, 2021
Furbish:
Adieu papa!

Jakande's legacy still endure! In his time he gave us classrooms, he served us real food. His enemies termed the classrooms "poultry" but hey, we were forged in those humble huts, our destinies were molded. Today, we are men and women of intellect and rare substances because of your discretion and milk of kindness.

Growing into adulthood, I later knew the Ajah road LCC recently upgraded was constructed by him.

The day I met you at the airport was a day I won't forget. Gentle and angelic. Our gaze met. I felt an immortal grace, and it left a mark. Thanks for giving us Lagos.

Thank you Baba Kekere!
the real Jagaban...Lived a humble and kind life..Rest on Sir

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by elyte89: 1:20pm On Feb 11, 2021
D best governor in Lagos till date..RIP cool

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Lightorder: 1:21pm On Feb 11, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Baba kekere. Rest in peace sir.

I see him being rewarded for his good works in Paradise. This I have seen.
very great and noble figure. I hope he got Jesus before his journey
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by johnmartus(m): 1:22pm On Feb 11, 2021
Sir you will surely be miss. Despite being a former governor and minister. He bring himself down and mingle with people especially the low class.

Rest in peace sir.

3 Likes

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Olawalelead(m): 1:22pm On Feb 11, 2021
Adieu papa. Rest on...
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by kpokpo1(m): 1:22pm On Feb 11, 2021
RIP Sir!

lalasticlala:
The first Civilian Governor of Lagos State, Alhaji Lateef Jakande, is dead.

Announcing Lateef Jakande's death on Twitter, the Lagos State governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu wrote:

https://twitter.com/jidesanwoolu/status/1359827704762220545

https://punchng.com/breaking-ex-lagos-governor-lateef-jakande-dies-at-91/?amp=1
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by gaventa: 1:23pm On Feb 11, 2021
A life well spent... na the kind people wey suppose Dey grow old be this.

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by ogbonti: 1:24pm On Feb 11, 2021
Furbish:
Adieu papa!

Jakande's legacy still endure! In his time he gave us classrooms, he served us real food. His enemies termed the classrooms "poultry" but hey, we were forged in those humble huts, our destinies were molded. Today, we are men and women of intellect and rare substances because of your discretion and milk of kindness.

The day I met you at the airport was a day I won't forget. Gentle and angelic. Our gaze met. I felt an immortal grace, and it left a mark. Thanks for giving us Lagos.

Thank you Baba Kekere!

Road constructed with Government money, not his personal money - Was he not supposed to construct the road?
He didn't create Lagos - hence he did not give us Lagos. Lagos State was created by General Gowon with on May 27, 1967
He wrote his name on the marble of betrayal by allowing himself to be used as a pawn to destroy the June 12 movement in the Abacha junta

Lest I forget, Jakande was a key member of the Awolowo AG tactical command trained in Ghana to cause political violence in western Nigeria

Hence he was convicted by the Balewa Government and sent to prison with Chief Awolowo in 1964

May his soul rest in peace and May Allah forgive his sins. Yes - he did some good projects but please do not beatify him here, He was no saint.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Johnnyessence(m): 1:24pm On Feb 11, 2021
Rip to the first civilian Governor of Lagos State.
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by kayusely70(m): 1:24pm On Feb 11, 2021
An Erudite Journalist, A Sound Administrator, God Rest His Soul.
Re: Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) by Kobicove(m): 1:25pm On Feb 11, 2021
Lagos State will never forget him!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ganduje: I Could Have Slapped Kwankwaso If I Had Met Him In Aso Rock (Video) / PDP Members Shield Dogara During Fracas-video / Bomb Blast In Yola This Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.