Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) - Business (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) (142783 Views)

Help Advice On My Keke Business & Tracker / BAR SOAP Makers Plz Come In And Answer These Questions, Help.. / Please Help, Advice Me On My Current Situation With Remita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dreamxhaser: 8:58am On Jan 30
In a few weeks, I'll be a Top rated seller on Upwork and I'm almost a level 2 seller on Fiverr. I can't wait.......

My JSS was once 15% (no jokes) how I took it back to a hundred needs to be studied. But it took me almost 2years of doing low-budget work.

When I was struggling at about 50% JSS, I got a negative review too.

But I am back at the top now.

Imagine a negative review and Low JSS. That was worse than being a newbie on upwork.

Now for every 10 proposals I send, I get up to 7 views and 2 interviews. Everywhere just dey stew....

So as a newbie don't follow those negative people you see on Twitter, Reddit and even here. Negative people are often the losers in the society.

Even when there is no light at the end, just reach the end.

If you give up what other option do you have?

I once made the mistake of following the "Amazon KDP as a saturated bandwagon". Now I regret it because people who didn't give up then are now chilling in millions.

So Just do your homework and get the job done.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by EEIA: 8:59am On Jan 30
dreamxhaser:
In a few weeks, I'll be a Top rated seller on Upwork. I can't wait.......

My JSS was once 15% (no jokes) how I took it back to a hundred needs to be studied. But it took me almost 2years of doing low-budget work.

Imagine a negative review and Low JSS. That was worse than being a newbie on upwork.

Now for every 10 proposals I send, I get up to 7 views and 2 interviews. Everywhere just dey stew....

So as a newbie don't follow those negative people you see on Twitter, Reddit and even here. Negative people are often the losers in the society.

Even when there is no light at the end, just reach the end.

If you give up what other option do you have?

I once made the mistake of following the "Amazon KDP as a saturated bandwagon". Now I regret it because people who didn't give up then are now chilling in millions.

So Just do your homework and get the job done.

Which services do you sell on Upwork?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by GeeeAdebiyi: 11:42am On Jan 30
wonyi:

Thank you Sir...

There’s a typo

It’s Gbenga Adebiyi

Yours truly 😎

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by GeeeAdebiyi: 11:44am On Jan 30
wonyi:

Does he have a nairaland ID? Which search engine?

Left Nairaland years ago

This thread made me check, so here I am 😂

“Gbenga Adebiyi” on twitter will do the trick

3 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by wonyi: 11:58am On Jan 30
GeeeAdebiyi:

Left Nairaland years ago

This thread made me check, so here I am 😂

“Gbenga Adebiyi” on twitter will do the trick

Thanks. I have sent a message on twitter. Although I saw plenty Gbenga Adebiyi
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 12:33pm On Jan 30
That's his profile because I am Tech and programming so my advice might not always work for you. Approaching programming gigs is different from others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Heyf: 10:55am On Jan 31
I haven’t landed a job since June, it’s beyond frustrating.
My niche is Data Analysis and Technical Writing .
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Samuell2019(m): 1:24pm On Jan 31
Hello everyone,

Can one withdraw directly to a DOM account? For example, a GTB DOM account.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by jackest1(m): 9:45pm On Jan 31
Samuell2019:
Hello everyone,

Can one withdraw directly to a DOM account? For example, a GTB DOM account.
From Payoneer or US Wire
Yes

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by oluwalatte1: 4:24pm On Feb 01
How long does the wire take from upwork to Nigerian dorm?

jackest1:

From Payoneer or US Wire
Yes
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by jackest1(m): 8:38pm On Feb 01
oluwalatte1:
How long does the wire take from upwork to Nigerian dorm?

Haven't used it before

Should be around 5days
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by N2B2: 3:42am On Feb 02
N2B2:

Time after time, freelancers have gotten their accounts permanently banned over preventable rule violations, especially old-timers and big earners. In many of these cases, the freelancers didn't read the rule book; they just applied "common sense."

Upwork's rules are there to prevent guesswork. There are grey areas in the rulebook, but circumvention is not one of them. Upwork (which is known to be lenient to its clients) doesn't care how old the client is, how much the client has spent, or whether the client is about to give you your big break.

I can't tell you how to interact with your clients, but I can point out what IMHO are rule violations — and that's what I'm doing.

It's not fun to be a stickler for rules. But, when these rules are from the platform where one earns their daily bread — or a substantial part of their income — then it's wise to be cautious and rule-abiding.

Here's an Upwork article that highlights actions that can get a freelancer banned. You can check what no.1 is: https://www.upwork.com/resources/leading-voices/getting-banned-on-upwork

Upwork is now clamping down on the sharing of contact information before signing a contract. Take note!

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by FunnyDude(m): 10:21am On Feb 02
qtguru:
Dollar is now 1400, so a 300 gig is almost your salary for the month.

Hey qtguru, can see you've relocated from Canada to Malta.

How is life in Malta?

I found you on X btw
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 10:28am On Feb 02
FunnyDude:

Hey qtguru, can see you've relocated from Canada to Malta.

How is life in Malta?

I found you on X btw

From Canada ke, never visited just have their visa

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by FunnyDude(m): 10:41am On Feb 02
qtguru:

From Canada ke, never visited just have their visa

Ok. Thought you mentioned Canada is expensive to live. I assumed you're living in Canada all these while.

Anyway, Malta is a cool Shengen country, I'm looking towards that direction
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 11:51am On Feb 02
FunnyDude:

Ok. Thought you mentioned Canada is expensive to live. I assumed you're living in Canada all these while.

Anyway, Malta is a cool Shengen country, I'm looking towards that direction

I've been following, i have friends and relatives there, but I still no mind go there, thanks nice to meet you also
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by CreekOne: 11:09pm On Feb 02
Good evening, guys. I keep encountering a problem when trying to set up my seller’s profile on Fiverr. It says ‘seller profile not approved’. Can someone help me, please ?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dreamxhaser: 4:42pm On Feb 03
EEIA:

Which services do you sell on Upwork?

Writing sir

Ebook, scripts, articles and blog post.

But will totally switch to tech my mid this year
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Mannyautos: 5:05pm On Feb 03
Mannyautos:
I have a contract from my client on Upwork which has raised the need for people to post reviews of a business on Australia Trust Pilot.

If you can post the review and it sticks without removal for atleast 3 days , I'll pay you 2k(NGN). Review comment will be given to you.

Please quote me on this post or send me a WhatsApp chat on 08155909839 for further details on this task.

This is an ongoing task and I need as many people as possible. However it's limited to 1 review person. This is the easiest 2k you'll get.

I still need people for this task.... Do reach out if interested.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by THANKSGIVING17: 11:41am On Feb 04
Heyf:
I haven’t landed a job since June, it’s beyond frustrating.
My niche is Data Analysis and Technical Writing .

Eeeyaahh, it's somao. Get aware now and join register LR, where works are listed for u to pick the one of ur choice, a more professional American website than Upwork and the likes.

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by THANKSGIVING17: 12:03pm On Feb 04
THANKSGIVING17:

Eeeyaahh, it's somao. Get aware now and join register LR, where works are listed for u to pick the one of ur choice, a more professional American website than Upwork and the likes.

No sleep on top am. The course guide comes at a fee, pls hold ur money tight before coming to my dm for getting it. Just like the way u got to know about Upwork, the videos in the guide will let u know all in all about the freelancing website.

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by KingEarnest(m): 4:28pm On Feb 04
dreamxhaser:
In a few weeks, I'll be a Top rated seller on Upwork and I'm almost a level 2 seller on Fiverr. I can't wait.......

Now for every 10 proposals I send, I get up to 7 views and 2 interviews. Everywhere just dey stew...
Good day boss.
I have been trying to change my Fiverr from buyer to seller and it isn' working. I have tried to change it on the app and website.
I would appreciate any tip or suggestion from you or anyone here. Thanks.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by chieni(f): 5:13pm On Feb 04
qtguru:

I've been following, i have friends and relatives there, but I still no mind go there, thanks nice to meet you also
You can contact them.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Vicky2k(m): 5:14pm On Feb 04
THANKSGIVING17:

Did you sign up as a Nigerian or Do you need to change your IP to USA and How do you withdraw your earnings from LR
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by chieni(f): 5:15pm On Feb 04
KingEarnest:
Good day boss.
I have been trying to change my Fiverr from buyer to seller and it isn' working. I have tried to change it on the app and website.
Simply just create the service you are interested in selling. I am aware you can buy and sell on the platform.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 6:02pm On Feb 04
chieni:
You can contact them.

I don't get, I tried the OINP but my Federal score is low, if not but I can try doing something to increase my score or something.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by THANKSGIVING17: 11:17pm On Feb 04
Vicky2k:

Did you sign up as a Nigerian or Do you need to change your IP to USA and How do you withdraw your earnings from LR

Ur real profile of course. U must verify ur identity before u start working. A valid ID, not NIN!

They don't allow VPN pls, and withdrawals through Skrill or Payoneer.

Dm with ur course guide fee and start asap. This is just like getting employed by an American company. Imagining working daily with a least target of $20 for the start, in a month, that's more than #800k per month na, not bad anyway for the start. Ur knowledge and capacity depends on how much u can earn. Remember this is not Upwork, where u start applying up and down with limited connects, gone are those days meehnn
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by THANKSGIVING17: 11:21pm On Feb 04
THANKSGIVING17:

Ur real profile of course. U must verify ur identity before u start working. A valid ID, not NIN!

They don't allow VPN pls, and withdrawals through Skrill or Payoneer.

Dm with ur course guide fee and start asap. This is just like getting employed by an American company. Imagining working daily with a least target of $20 for the start, in a month, that's more than #800k per month na, not bad anyway for the start. Ur knowledge and capacity depends on how much u can earn. Remember this is not Upwork, where u start applying up and down with limited connects, gone are those days meehnn

Before I forget, niggas dey wey dey cash out $1k within 6 to 7 days! They don't just work hard, but also smart. If u know, u know.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dreamxhaser: 7:50am On Feb 05
KingEarnest:
Good day boss.

Do you already have a seller account or you are trying to create one?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by KingEarnest(m): 8:24am On Feb 05
dreamxhaser:

Do you already have a seller account or you are trying to create one?
I am trying to create one.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by KingEarnest(m): 8:26am On Feb 05
chieni:

Simply just create the service you are interested in selling. I am aware you can buy and sell on the platform.
I can't create a gig when my account is still in buyer mode. I have been trying to change it to seller but it is not reflecting both on the app and website.

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (Reply)

Binary Option Free Alerts/strategies Season 3 / Who Is Who In Nigeria: The Full List Of The Top 50 Richest Nigerian Billionaires / Learn How To Make Ankara Bags,purses N Accessories Online Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.