Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) - Business (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) (142458 Views)

Help Advice On My Keke Business & Tracker / BAR SOAP Makers Plz Come In And Answer These Questions, Help.. / Please Help, Advice Me On My Current Situation With Remita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by wasiubello: 10:35pm On Jul 17, 2022
SpeedyPuff:
Hello guys, please help me out.

I created an Upwork account recently with a US location. Now it's time to verify, how do I go about it?

Should I use a Nigerian ID or a fake US ID? If I should use fake, who can help me do the design?
Don't bother about the verification bro, keep doing your work and don't mind all that talk out of ignorance
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 17, 2022
wasiubello:

Quiet and stop talking what you can't prove. Why are you people full of conjectures?

Okay... Tell me you've never read the TOS without telling me you've never read the TOS

1.4 ACCOUNT TYPES
We offer three types of accounts (“Account Types”): Client, Freelancer, and Agency (which is a special kind of Freelancer account). Once you register for an Account, you can add Account Types without re-registering. You promise to register for only one Account that requires a unique log in. This Account will house all of your Account Types. Never share your Account password with anyone; you can give permissions to other Users to act under your Account Types as Team Members or Agency Members if needed.
We offer several different Account Types. Once you register for your Account (only one per User), you can add other Account Types under the same username and password. For example, if you already have a Freelancer Account Type (defined below), you can add a Client Account Type (defined below) to your Account without re-registering. You agree not to register for or maintain more than one Account and Profile without express written permission from us.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by N2B2: 11:43pm On Jul 17, 2022
DrLevi:

Okay... Tell me you've never read the TOS without telling me you've never read the TOS

Don't bother with these lot. The ban hammer will come at them like movie magic.

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Blaqq2: 10:29am On Jul 18, 2022
Blaqq2:
Hi everyone,
Could someone go through my profile and check for errors
Been unable to secure a job since January
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01cc1c25d320513311
Someone should help please
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by mctech(m): 7:50pm On Jul 18, 2022
I saw some top talent in my niche. How do I connect with them?

Like friend request or even to get their mail address.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Deicide: 8:37pm On Jul 18, 2022
Blaqq2:

Someone should help please
Your Employment History are mostly in Nigeria here. But you stay in Canada? Not saying that's the problem of but I guess some people might have catch on.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 8:47pm On Jul 18, 2022
DrLevi:

Guilty I kinda maintain people's account to apply for them, abi does this mean not operating different account with fake names ??
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2022
Also is anyone looking into Webflow gigs ? it's drag and drop to build a website, doesn't require code. I use it, but not looking for WebFlow gigs. I hate design tasks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Adv14(m): 9:28pm On Jul 18, 2022
qtguru:
Also is anyone looking into Webflow gigs ? it's drag and drop to build a website, doesn't require code. I use it, but not looking for WebFlow gigs. I hate design tasks.

Chai I love design but it's UI not webflow, haven't designed webflow website before.
It's high time I started using this no code platform.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Humorme2(f): 10:37pm On Jul 18, 2022
Please who has used NIN slip for verification here? Did it work?
Also when selecting the category of the identification I'm submitting, should i choose 'Others' or 'National ID'?
THANKS.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 18, 2022
qtguru:

Guilty I kinda maintain people's account to apply for them, abi does this mean not operating different account with fake names ??
I think that's a clear breach of the TOS, only the account owner should operate the account but how much can they police such rules?
It'll be hard for them to find out you're doing such anyway

Anyway, make we try stick to their rules, bad reputation hurts more than just oneself in international dealings.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 18, 2022
Humorme2:
Also when selecting the category of the identification I'm submitting, should i choose 'Others' or 'National ID'?
THANKS.
1. I used my NIN and it was accepted

2. Can't remember what I picked but it should be National ID

P.S: verified almost a year ago so I have no idea if it current still works. Maybe someone who verified more recently would be in a better position to answer this
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by 3exe3: 11:17pm On Jul 18, 2022
DrLevi:

Mine is not working

What part of the slips did you snap
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Humorme2(f): 11:27pm On Jul 18, 2022
DrLevi:

Ok. Thanks
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 18, 2022
3exe3:

Mine is not working

P.S: verified almost a year ago so I have no idea if it current still works. Maybe someone who verified more recently would be in a better position to answer this
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Humorme2(f): 11:51pm On Jul 18, 2022
3exe3:

Mine is not working

When did you submit yours? Was your account placed on hold? Were you still able to message your client?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by 3exe3: 12:26am On Jul 19, 2022
Humorme2:

When did you submit yours? Was your account placed on hold? Were you still able to message your client?

Yes was placed on hold

Submitted last month
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Greisoncarlens: 1:52pm On Jul 19, 2022
qtguru:
I use Figma for design and Webflow for development. I’m currently building out my portfolio with concept projects as I have no real client yet. Can I hit you up when I’m done? I plan to start freelancing on upwork and I need your expertise and guidance.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Greisoncarlens: 1:58pm On Jul 19, 2022
3exe3:

Mine is not working

I don’t have any experience on Upwork. But when I had issues with Luno and they rejected my NIN slip, I used the NIMC-MobileID app and it worked. I attached a picture of the app.

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Codedboy95(m): 6:04pm On Jul 19, 2022
wasiubello:

Don't bother about the verification bro, keep doing your work and don't mind all that talk out of ignorance
You are going to get his account banned, It might not happen now but it will definitely happen and it will be painful.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by sergi99(m): 6:12pm On Jul 19, 2022
Hmmmmmm.

This matter get as e be oooo.

All in all...I'll advise you to be careful and also know they change their TOS often without alerting freelancers.

So, make sure all your loose ends are tied up so your account doesn't get suspended.

SpeedyPuff:
Hello guys, please help me out.

I created an Upwork account recently with a US location. Now it's time to verify, how do I go about it?

Should I use a Nigerian ID or a fake US ID? If I should use fake, who can help me do the design?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Cruisegallow(m): 9:49am On Jul 22, 2022
Good day Upworkers, how is the family ( in Sabinus voice) and Happy weekend. Please Gurus in the house should help me review my Profile. I have been on Upwork for two months but I haven't receive any offer, so I am thinking that my profile might be the problem.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~016eaac757754bc6a9
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 4:42pm On Jul 22, 2022
Cruisegallow:
Good day Upworkers, how is the family ( in Sabinus voice) and Happy weekend. Please Gurus in the house should help me review my Profile. I have been on Upwork for two months but I haven't receive any offer, so I am thinking that my profile might be the problem.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~016eaac757754bc6a9

How many applications have you made ?

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by OfficialDJ: 9:13pm On Jul 22, 2022
I keep telling you all, F^^* all these profile optimization nonsense.

A GREAT PROPOSAL is your pathway to getting jobs on upwork.

Having a great profile with a sucky proposal changes NADA.

I've been upworking for over 7 years now, with an average income of $15,000 monthly, and the above advice will change your life if you utilize it.

Enough said

3 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Deicide: 10:51pm On Jul 22, 2022
OfficialDJ:
I keep telling you all, F^^* all these profile optimization nonsense.

A GREAT PROPOSAL is your pathway to getting jobs on upwork.

Having a great profile with a sucky proposal changes NADA.

I've been upworking for over 7 years now, with an average income of $15,000 monthly, and the above advice will change your life if you utilize it.

Enough said
Make I drop account number? grin
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Humorme2(f): 11:03pm On Jul 22, 2022
3exe3:

Yes was placed on hold

Submitted last month

Hey.
My account was suspended yesterday but it just got approved and I realized the problem was from my end.
I didn't use the right location on my upwork profile but I later did, and my account was finally verified.
Make sure the contents of your NIN slip match the contents of your profile. If they don't match, your account will be suspended.
Also use 'Others' instead of 'National ID' when selecting the category.
Lastly, don't send them a soft copy of the slip. Make sure you snap it. Don't crop it too.
Just send it to them like that.
Make sure your first name, last name and middle name on your upwork profile correlates with the one on your NIN slip.

4 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by 3exe3: 11:10pm On Jul 22, 2022
Humorme2:

Hey.
My account was suspended yesterday but it just got approved and I realized the problem was from my end. I didn't use the right location on my upwork profile but I later did so and my account is finally verified.
Make sure the contents of your NIN slip match the contents on your profile. If they don't match, your account will be suspended.
Lastly, don't send them a soft copy of the slip. Make sure you snap it. Don't crop it too.

Duly noted thanks

Let me give a try
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by DrEmmy01(m): 12:31am On Jul 23, 2022
Humorme2:
THANKS.
Good day, please have you been verified on upwork and did you use your NIN slip? My account was suspended yesterday and I don't have any other form of id except my regular nin slip.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Zidoh(m): 12:44am On Jul 23, 2022
Still buying all Upwork funds , Payoneer and PayPal and withdrawing through Payoneer and PayPal. We are a dm away....check sglign below for What'sapp
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Humorme2(f): 1:15am On Jul 23, 2022
DrEmmy01:

Good day, please have you been verified on upwork and did you use your NIN slip? My account was suspended yesterday and I don't have any other form of id except my regular nin slip.

Look at the attached.
Hey.
My account was suspended yesterday but it just got approved and I realized the problem was from my end. I didn't use the right location on my upwork profile but I later did so and my account is finally verified.
Make sure the contents of your NIN slip match the contents on your profile. If they don't match, your account will be suspended.
Make sure your first name, last name and middle name on your upwork profile correlates with the one on your NIN slip.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by DrEmmy01(m): 1:18am On Jul 23, 2022
Humorme2:

Look at the attached.
Thank you very much. Was your NIN slip coloured or black and white?
Also, if I may ask, what was the issue with your location?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Humorme2(f): 1:20am On Jul 23, 2022
DrEmmy01:

Thank you very much. Was your NIN slip coloured or black and white?
Also, if I may ask, what was the issue with your location?

Black and white.
I didn't fill in the right LGA on my profile. I selected Isolo instead of Shomolu. Shey you get?

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (106) (Reply)

How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone / Binary Option Free Alerts/strategies Season 3 / Who Is Who In Nigeria: The Full List Of The Top 50 Richest Nigerian Billionaires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.