Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,310 members, 7,836,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) - Business (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) (145788 Views)

Help Advice On My Keke Business & Tracker / BAR SOAP Makers Plz Come In And Answer These Questions, Help.. / Please Help, Advice Me On My Current Situation With Remita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Deicide: 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2022
Techmac00:

Wow! Have never seen you as a creative, the way you get into E-Fights here.

What niche are you into?
She has repented. Poco is now a good girl grin
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2022
Deicide:
She has repented. Poco is now a good girl grin

I repented from nothing. If you find me, you go collect. You have to find me first… Thank you.

7 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dauntless15(m): 7:28pm On Jul 30, 2022
pocohantas:

Who gets into efights? Have I fought you before? I am into my niche, Sir.

It is the same in many groups, maybe worse. I joined one where all they do is post earnings and badges. I still think Nairaland is the best for FREE information.
You are not new to Upwork that's why you're coping as for me I don't know anyone who is into it, that's why I need an interactive community so bad, because I'm going in blind, I bought a laptop for it and so far I've made no progress and it's very frustrating.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Techmac00: 7:30pm On Jul 30, 2022
pocohantas:

Who gets into efights? Have I fought you before? I am into my niche, Sir.

We haven't got into any scuffle but I have seen your Monika on different threads, from Movies to Romance arguing back and forth with people and vice versa.

Anyways, just surprised to see a different side of you.

3 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Techmac00: 7:30pm On Jul 30, 2022
pocohantas:

I repented from nothing. If you find me, you go collect. You have to find me first… Thank you.

Lol. Now this is the Poco I know grin
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 7:35pm On Jul 30, 2022
dauntless15:
You are not new to Upwork that's why you're coping as for me I don't know anyone who is into it, that's why I need an interactive community so bad, because I'm going in blind, I bought a laptop for it and so far I've made no progress and it's very frustrating.

I joined Upwork in November 2021 after seeing a Nairalander’s post on it. Prior to that, I have never heard of UPWORK. Though I know FREELANCING. I picked up in February and got Top Rated in June I think. I have only one friend that has a general knowledge on it. When my leg come strong small, I started teaching people around me. But there was something I couldn’t teach 99% of them - determination. Majority lost the zeal. As such I stopped guiding because it hurts to invest that much time without results.

It is always very hard at first. Very hard…

You can try this group Upwork (For Only Upworkers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2022
Techmac00:

Lol. Now this is the Poco I know grin

You are welcome, Sir.

Techmac00:

We haven't got into any scuffle but I have seen your Monika on different threads, from Movies to Romance arguing back and forth with people and vice versa.

Anyways, just surprised to see a different side of you.

There is a time and place for everything. Good you mentioned the sections with very foolish people. They had it coming…

5 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dauntless15(m): 8:17pm On Jul 30, 2022
pocohantas:

I joined Upwork in November 2021 after seeing a Nairalander’s post on it. Prior to that, I have never heard of UPWORK. Though I know FREELANCING. I picked up in February and got Top Rated in June I think. I have only one friend that has a general knowledge on it. When my leg come strong small, I started teaching people around me. But there was something I couldn’t teach 99% of them - determination. Majority lost the zeal. As such I stopped guiding because it hurts to invest that much time without results.

Thanks, I have the determination, wish I had someone to guide me, but this link will go a long way, thanks again.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by seemples(f): 10:58pm On Jul 30, 2022
pocohantas:

But there was something I couldn’t teach 99% of them - determination /url].

Poco come do trading - FOREx.

This much Determination or much more of it is NEEDED but is extremely financially rewarding when you finally succeed...I know you will tho
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 11:17pm On Jul 30, 2022
seemples:

Poco come do trading - FOREx.

This much Determination or much more of it is NEEDED but is extremely financially rewarding when you finally succeed...I know you will tho

I am not intrigued by it. Not sure it is something I would ever do. smiley
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dreamxhaser: 7:08am On Jul 31, 2022
pocohantas:

Hello!

I got a bad review and low jss of recent. Please how do you think I should go about it. It is affecting me badly and I need to raise money for school fees and others.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dreamxhaser: 7:40am On Jul 31, 2022
Pocohantas

DrLevi

DrEmmy01

Dollywood

gturu

I need serious help from any one of you. I had very bad feedback from a terrible client I encountered few weeks back. I used Grammarly and other tools to edit and execute his work but still claimed it was not enough.

Please I beg someone in the writing nich to help me with a job referral, even if it's a $5 contract, I just need a contract or two to push the bad feedback to the bottom and regain my JSS.

Please help me
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by N2B2: 9:23am On Jul 31, 2022
dreamxhaser:
Pocohantas

DrLevi

DrEmmy01

Dollywood

gturu

I need serious help from any one of you. I had very bad feedback from a terrible client I encountered few weeks back. I used Grammarly and other tools to edit and execute his work but still claimed it was not enough.

Please I beg someone in the writing nich to help me with a job referral, even if it's a $5 contract, I just need a contract or two to push the bad feedback to the bottom and regain my JSS.

Please help me

The negative review will fall out of your JSS calculation window in 6 months.

You should be worried about your dependence on AI writing software; that's why you received negative feedback, after all. It's fine to use AI writing software as spellcheckers and to highlight the occasion punctuation blunder, but you shouldn't be reliant on them.

Grammarly can be outrageously wrong a lot of times. The English language is vast, but Grammarly's rules are limited. It also has a serious problem with context and tenses, as most AI writing software do. [Example: Grammarly suggested I change "Do" at the end of my sentence to "Does".]

You can still get a JSS-tanking review on a $5 contract. Therefore, before looking for referrals, work on improving your grasp of the English language.

6 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 9:52am On Jul 31, 2022
dreamxhaser:

Hello!

I got a bad review and low jss of recent. Please how do you think I should go about it. It is affecting me badly and I need to raise money for school fees and others.

N2 has already answered you and I learned from his response to you because I don’t even know how bad reviews work. Yet to have one…

A junior writer around me once had this same issue. I think he said his accuracy was 89% and the client used Grammarly Premium to get 99%. If you desperately need a $5 contract to boost your JSS, you have to get someone in your circle to do that for you.

Pele. You would raise the school fees.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by OfficialDJ: 11:19am On Jul 31, 2022
dreamxhaser:
Pocohantas

DrLevi

DrEmmy01

Dollywood

gturu

Please help me
Bottom line- a five dollar review does nothing to boost your JSS.

Read this article https://community.upwork.com/t5/Product-Updates/Job-size-will-now-be-factored-into-your-JSS/ba-p/697918

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 2:38pm On Jul 31, 2022
DrLevi:

1. I used my NIN and it was accepted

2. Can't remember what I picked but it should be National ID

P.S: verified almost a year ago so I have no idea if it current still works. Maybe someone who verified more recently would be in a better position to answer this

i was verified two months ago and it works for me too.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 2:44pm On Jul 31, 2022
Humorme2:

When I was making some research about Upwork, I came across a post where a moderator said identity cannot be verified until a freelancer starts earning.
I think that means until a freelancer lands his/her first job, they won't ask for ID verification.
I can't be sure about this though.
Probably ask someone more experienced with the platform.

that's is not true.
upwork ask me to verify my identity and i haven't started earning yet.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Kaybeeeee(m): 8:58am On Aug 01, 2022
Dollywood:

How many did proposals did it take for you to land your first Job?
I don't remember,but it was the third day after completing my profile and verification, my location is not Nigeria sha, i wasted alot of my free connects in the beginning, so i will advise to take ur time in applying for jobs and ur proposals
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 9:53am On Aug 01, 2022
Kaybeeeee:

I don't remember,but it was the third day after completing my profile and verification, my location is not Nigeria sha, i wasted alot of my free connects in the beginning, so i will advise to take ur time in applying for jobs and ur proposals

Which country did you picked?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Kaybeeeee(m): 5:29pm On Aug 01, 2022
Dollywood:

Which country did you picked?
I live in China, my location is China
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by GloriousGbola: 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2022
is anyone experiencing challenges with the website?

i suddenly am unable to submit proposals.

thanks
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 2:52pm On Aug 02, 2022
GloriousGbola:
is anyone experiencing challenges with the website?

i suddenly am unable to submit proposals.

thanks

It happens sometimes. Give it some minutes.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by GloriousGbola: 2:53pm On Aug 02, 2022
pocohantas:

It happens sometimes. Give it some minutes.

thanks. not sure if it is my browser or my internet connection is suddenly flaking out
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 2:56pm On Aug 02, 2022
GloriousGbola:

thanks. not sure if it is my browser or my internet connection is suddenly flaking out

Sometimes you won’t be able to click on “submit proposal”. Though you can change browsers to be sure. There is also an Upwork status page. It tells you what is operational and what is down…
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by GloriousGbola: 4:01pm On Aug 02, 2022
pocohantas:

Sometimes you won’t be able to click on “submit proposal”. Though you can change browsers to be sure. There is also an Upwork status page. It tells you what is operational and what is down…

so the problem was my internet

mtn dey hang, glo dey hang, then i switched to swift and it went straight angry angry
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by mctech(m): 1:20pm On Aug 04, 2022
My Connects keep reducing without using them.

Please help me.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2022
mctech:
My Connects keep reducing without using them.

Please help me.
Probably your availability is turned on

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by KINGJAJA888(m): 6:08pm On Aug 04, 2022
Japhet04:
pls does this mean I'll lose all my 130 connects? If yes how can I avoid it pls?
N2B2 Kindly desist from this Wanted Criminal for your own good. He's Currently Wanted by the Police.

Scammer alert 0812 039 2045

He's a wanted Criminal and a Fraudster. This young man attacked My Uncle with a knife and robbed him.

Nairaland Username- Japhet04

His account details - UBA 2078748097

Real name- Worukumo japhet Godwin

He's a Criminal currently wanted in Port Harcourt. He's a Student of Rivers State University and resides in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State. Pls kindly report his Uba account for Fraud and get him arrested anywhere you see him please.

50,000Naira will be given to whoever finds this Fraudster.

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by islamics(m): 12:20pm On Aug 06, 2022
Hello,
Please has anyone taken Upwork assessment invitation test? If yes, what does it entail?
I got a mail asking me tagged Talent Assessment, asking me to take the Upwork skill certification.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Anointedclass: 10:28pm On Aug 06, 2022
islamics:
Hello,
Please has anyone taken Upwork assessment invitation test? If yes, what does it entail?
I got a mail asking me tagged Talent Assessment, asking me to take the Upwork skill certification.
E no hard.just try it out
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 06, 2022
islamics:
Hello,
Depends on your skill set.

I was given one as a Mobile developer. Failed it though

In my case, the first round was a technical test(with one test platform). A leetcode easy and one medium(maybe hard)

The second round should be an oral technical interview with a senior developer but I didn't get to that stage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by islamics(m): 2:29pm On Aug 07, 2022
DrLevi:

Depends on your skill set.

I was given one as a Mobile developer. Failed it though

In my case, the first round was a technical test(with one test platform). A leetcode easy and one medium(maybe hard)

The second round should be an oral technical interview with a senior developer but I didn't get to that stage
Thanks. Skillset is Java/Android Developer. I would give it a try.

Anointedclass:

E no hard.just try it out
grin grin.
I don receive too much love letter na why I dey fear assessment this days. Today wey be Sunday sef, I don receive.
Would surely try it out. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (107) (Reply)

Learn How To Make Ankara Bags,purses N Accessories Online Free / How To Make Steady Sure Wins In Online Betting / How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.