Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,304 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) - Business (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) (145783 Views)

Help Advice On My Keke Business & Tracker / BAR SOAP Makers Plz Come In And Answer These Questions, Help.. / Please Help, Advice Me On My Current Situation With Remita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 25, 2022
oluwamalik:
Hello fam. Pls is it right for me to pay for ID card cos a client is asking me to pay $50 for premium ID card before they can assign projects to me but I told yhe client I cannot pay cos it is not right. Pls I really want to know because this is my first time working with UPWORK. Thanks.
Premium what? cheesycheesy haba na, report the account and move on

You gats shine your eye for Upwork, people get scammed a lot here especially desperate people
The first couple pages has a couple pointers to spot genuine clients, like "verified" "ratings" and "reviews" from previous jobs

5 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by erjo: 4:58pm On Jul 25, 2022
oluwamalik:
Hello fam. Pls is it right for me to pay for ID card cos a client is asking me to pay $50 for premium ID card before they can assign projects to me but I told yhe client I cannot pay cos it is not right. Pls I really want to know because this is my first time working with UPWORK. Thanks.

Run for ur life. Scam alert
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by erjo: 10:28pm On Jul 26, 2022
Hello, if you can type fast and accurately I have a job for you. Reach me on Whatsapp

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by DrEmmy01(m): 2:58pm On Jul 27, 2022
Please who else is experiencing problems on upwork's site?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Blinking44: 3:18pm On Jul 27, 2022
DrEmmy01:
Please who else is experiencing problems on upwork's site?

It's resolved now
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by DrEmmy01(m): 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2022
Blinking44:

Same here o,

Hope it get resolved as soon as possible.

Hope so too...I was in a meeting with a client when their server shut down cry
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by talk2dre(m): 9:08pm On Jul 27, 2022
Hi all.

I'm trying to link my Payoneer to Upwork, and I got the prompt to complete the W8BEN Foreign Status Certification.

But I remember the US Virtual Account on Payoneer has a US Address.

If I go ahead to fill my local address on the W8BEN Foreign Status Certification, I hope there won't be issues with withdrawal from Upwork to Payoneer?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 9:36pm On Jul 27, 2022
I just got the rising talent badge

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by DrEmmy01(m): 9:57pm On Jul 27, 2022
Dollywood:
I just got the rising talent badge
Same here. Congratulations bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 10:14pm On Jul 27, 2022
DrEmmy01:

Same here. Congratulations bro

Thanks bro. Congratulations.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 11:02pm On Jul 27, 2022
On my NIN, my first name was misspelt as Jjoshua instead of Joshua. Do you guys think it will affect my ID verification ?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Deicide: 11:14pm On Jul 27, 2022
Dollywood:
On my NIN, my first name was misspelt as Jjoshua instead of Joshua. Do you guys think it will affect my ID verification ?
Go and do name correction in NIN office. I think it's like ₦500
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 11:19pm On Jul 27, 2022
Deicide:

Oh, thanks.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by talk2dre(m): 11:31pm On Jul 27, 2022
Please, someone should kindly attend to my question above.

I know some people here withdraw their earnings from Upwork to Payoneer.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 11:41pm On Jul 27, 2022
Deicide:

I think I once did this, but it has not been verified yet. I once took the slip to the bank for verification but I was told they couldn't find my profile. So, I guess when I did the name change it was not verified.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Kaybeeeee(m): 8:06am On Jul 29, 2022
OfficialDJ:
I keep telling you all, F^^* all these profile optimization nonsense.

A GREAT PROPOSAL is your pathway to getting jobs on upwork.

Having a great profile with a sucky proposal changes NADA.

I've been upworking for over 7 years now, with an average income of $15,000 monthly, and the above advice will change your life if you utilize it.

Enough said

Please sir, I'm a content writer too, What you are saying is true, most of the jobs i got my proposal was very short and personalized for the clients project, can you share more insights on good proposals and tips for getting more job for content writers, I have gotten 3 jobs so far, over $100, i want to scale, please your insights will be appreciated sir

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Kaybeeeee(m): 8:06am On Jul 29, 2022
Guys stop copy and pasting templates for every job proposal be spontaneous

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2022
I see many freelancers complain of power issues. I wouldn’t know how much you have made from the hustle, but there is a laptop powerbank. Except you have video calls to make, I believe it would serve in ensuring your devices are up and running. It is a smart powerbank with a voltage regulator.

I have one and I haven’t used it in a long time. It serves when I am on the go or out of the house for hours. If it seems like something that can help your ministry, you can get it.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by OnlineBusinessC(m): 2:47pm On Jul 29, 2022
Let Us Partner Together To Make Cool $$$ On 1 Of The Biggest Affiliate Marketing Platforms In The World : WarriorPlus

Request :

1. Do you make at least $1000/month on Upwork?

2. Do you have a step by step video training where you teach how you make money on Upwork?

3. If you don't have a step by step video training yet, can you record a step by step video training?

If your answer is YES to the request above, then we are good to go.

This partnership won't cost you any Kobo.

We will sell this course on one of the biggest affiliate marketing platform in the world : WarriorPlus

Reach out via my signature if you qualify.
Reach out via my signature if you are ready to make some cool $$$.

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by sundayid(m): 2:55pm On Jul 29, 2022
pocohantas:
I see many freelancers complain of power issues. I wouldn’t know how much you have made from the hustle, but there is a laptop powerbank. Except you have video calls to make, I believe it would serve in ensuring your devices are up and running. It is a smart powerbank with a voltage regulator.

I have one and I haven’t used it in a long time. It serves when I am on the go or out of the house for hours. If it seems like something that can help your ministry, you can get it.

I want pleaseeeee
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 3:41pm On Jul 29, 2022
sundayid:

I want pleaseeeee

I don’t sell it o. I got it from a vendor in computer village. It was 75k when I bought mine months ago. Now wey dollar done reach N700, wahala. It serves very well!

I can give you her contact.

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Dollywood(m): 5:03pm On Jul 29, 2022
Kaybeeeee:

Please sir, I'm a content writer too, What you are saying is true, most of the jobs i got my proposal was very short and personalized for the clients project, can you share more insights on good proposals and tips for getting more job for content writers, I have gotten 3 jobs so far, over $100, i want to scale, please your insights will be appreciated sir

How many did proposals did it take for you to land your first Job?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 30, 2022
Love the new look on Upwork
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Krak(m): 11:02am On Jul 30, 2022
I buy Paypal funds.

Legit, Reliable and fast.

Very Good Rates

Whatsapp or call 07048307276
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dauntless15(m): 4:08pm On Jul 30, 2022
Is there an Upwork group pls I want to be added
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Krak(m): 4:54pm On Jul 30, 2022
Krak:
I buy Paypal funds.

Legit, Reliable and fast.

Very Good Rates

Whatsapp or call 07048307276
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 4:55pm On Jul 30, 2022
dauntless15:
Is there an Upwork group pls I want to be added

This thread no be group? grin

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Techmac00: 6:19pm On Jul 30, 2022
pocohantas:

Are you on Upwork?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 6:20pm On Jul 30, 2022
Techmac00:

Are you on Upwork?

Yes

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dauntless15(m): 6:46pm On Jul 30, 2022
pocohantas:

You know what I mean, how many people go answer your question fast on nl?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Techmac00: 6:53pm On Jul 30, 2022
pocohantas:

Yes

Wow! Have never seen you as a creative, the way you get into E-Fights here.

What niche are you into?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by pocohantas(f): 6:58pm On Jul 30, 2022
Techmac00:

Wow! Have never seen you as a creative, the way you get into E-Fights here.

What niche are you into?

Who gets into efights? Have I fought you before? I am into my niche, Sir.

dauntless15:
You know what I mean, how many people go answer your question fast on nl?

It is the same in many groups, maybe worse. I joined one where all they do is post earnings and badges. I still think Nairaland is the best for FREE information.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (107) (Reply)

Learn How To Make Ankara Bags,purses N Accessories Online Free / How To Make Steady Sure Wins In Online Betting / How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.