Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) - Business (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) (142463 Views)

Help Advice On My Keke Business & Tracker / BAR SOAP Makers Plz Come In And Answer These Questions, Help.. / Please Help, Advice Me On My Current Situation With Remita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by DrEmmy01(m): 1:23am On Jul 23, 2022
Humorme2:

Black and white.
Thank you once again, I appreciate. Please can you tell me what was the issue with your location
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Humorme2(f): 1:24am On Jul 23, 2022
DrEmmy01:

Thank you once again, I appreciate. Please can you tell me what was the issue with your location

I replied you. Check my last reply.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by DrEmmy01(m): 1:26am On Jul 23, 2022
Humorme2:

I replied you. Check my last reply.

Yeah just saw.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Cruisegallow(m): 11:17am On Jul 23, 2022
qtguru:

How many applications have you made ?
I had submitted twenty proposals
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Cruisegallow(m): 11:21am On Jul 23, 2022
Humorme2:

Hey.
My account was suspended yesterday but it just got approved and I realized the problem was from my end.
I didn't use the right location on my upwork profile but I later did, and my account was finally verified.
Make sure the contents of your NIN slip match the contents of your profile. If they don't match, your account will be suspended.
Also use 'Others' instead of 'National ID' when selecting the category.
Lastly, don't send them a soft copy of the slip. Make sure you snap it. Don't crop it too.
Just send it to them like that.
Make sure your first name, last name and middle name on your upwork profile correlates with the one on your NIN slip.
how did you get to the verification page on the account
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Humorme2(f): 11:43am On Jul 23, 2022
Cruisegallow:
how did you get to the verification page on the account

When I was making some research about Upwork, I came across a post where a moderator said identity cannot be verified until a freelancer starts earning.
I think that means until a freelancer lands his/her first job, they won't ask for ID verification.
I can't be sure about this though.
Probably ask someone more experienced with the platform.

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by qtguru(m): 11:45am On Jul 23, 2022
Cruisegallow:
I had submitted twenty proposals

Don't limit yourself to Upwork , try other platforms too, Upworks has too much freelancer and experienced ones too. so might not be you.

try AngelList or finding a niche skill.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by OfficialDJ: 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2022
Humorme2:

When I was making some research about Upwork, I came across a post where a moderator said identity cannot be verified until a freelancer starts earning.
I think that means until a freelancer lands his/her first job, they won't ask for ID verification.
correct.

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Cruisegallow(m): 4:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
Humorme2:

Thanks Man I really appreciate
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Cruisegallow(m): 5:01pm On Jul 23, 2022
qtguru:

Don't limit yourself to Upwork , try other platforms too, Upworks has too much freelancer and experienced ones too. so might not be you.

Thanks Man. I will definitely give it a try but do you have any review concerning my Upwork profile
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by LienwaltAbel(m): 12:02pm On Jul 24, 2022
Does anyone here do translation stuff. For example translating works from Turkish to English. If you do, or you have an idea about this, please I seriously need your advice. Thank you in advance.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Techmac00: 8:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
Humorme2:

Hey.
My account was suspended yesterday but it just got approved and I realized the problem was from my end.
I didn't use the right location on my upwork profile but I later did, and my account was finally verified.
Make sure the contents of your NIN slip match the contents of your profile. If they don't match, your account will be suspended.
Lastly, don't send them a soft copy of the slip. Make sure you snap it. Don't crop it too.
Make sure your first name, last name and middle name on your upwork profile correlates with the one on your NIN slip.

Lol. When I see comments like this I wonder if my case was different. I registered last month and simply "registered" I didn't submit any ID card till date, in fact, my profile was approved in less than 5 minutes.

I'm not insuating that you are lying, I'm just wondering why I didn't face all that stuff.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Techmac00: 9:01pm On Jul 24, 2022
DrEmmy01:

I'll do just that wink

Can you briefly describe to us how to write a proposal?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Techmac00: 9:04pm On Jul 24, 2022
OfficialDJ:
I keep telling you all, F^^* all these profile optimization nonsense.

A GREAT PROPOSAL is your pathway to getting jobs on upwork.

Having a great profile with a sucky proposal changes NADA.

I've been upworking for over 7 years now, with an average income of $15,000 monthly, and the above advice will change your life if you utilize it.

Enough said

Please teach us.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 24, 2022
Techmac00:

Lol. When I see comments like this I wonder if my case was different. I registered last month and simply "registered" I didn't submit any ID card till date, in fact, my profile was approved in less than 5 minutes.

I'm not insuating that you are lying, I'm just wondering why I didn't face all that stuff.
Typically you're verified when you land your first gig

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Deicide: 9:57pm On Jul 24, 2022
DrLevi:

Typically you're verified when you land your first gig
So being approved and being verified are two different things?

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 24, 2022
Deicide:
So being approved and being verified are two different things?
I don't understand the concept of "approved" I think he just meant being about to use the account and apply for gigs. verified accounts have a checkmark close to the name and in the verifications side panel

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 24, 2022
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Deicide: 10:37pm On Jul 24, 2022
DrLevi:

I don't understand the concept of "approved" I think he just meant being about to use the account and apply for gigs. verified accounts have a checkmark close to the name and in the verifications side panel
If that's the case I didn't yet land any job when I was verified. That was mid last year sha.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 25, 2022
Deicide:
If that's the case I didn't yet land any job when I was verified. That was mid last year sha.
weird, I verified around the same time and I had just landed my first gig

Maybe other people can contribute when they got verified
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by wasiubello: 12:39am On Jul 25, 2022
N2B2:

Don't bother with these lot. The ban hammer will come at them like movie magic.
Keep wailing and continue listening to ignorant advise. The real guys making it big from upwork will just laugh. Well I can not say more.

Like my oga at the top has said $1k per month sitting at the comfort of your home as an undergraduate like me is still manageable in Nigeria dwindling economy.

So stop listening to all the silly Ayitophel advice and work smarter.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by wasiubello: 12:45am On Jul 25, 2022
Humorme2:

Yes, you're correct, verification will only triggered when you land your first job. I see many here that are newbies to upwork , that will rather read and learn but instead advising blindly

1 Like

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by wasiubello: 12:47am On Jul 25, 2022
qtguru:

So also they have too much job too for both experience and inexperience
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by wasiubello: 1:00am On Jul 25, 2022
Like @officialDj has said earlier, what lands you jobs in upwork is mainly your proposal or cover letter.

As a matter of fact, my profile is only 80% completion, but I got invite to all most every application I put forward.

Last week I rejected an offer from a German hospital because I have my hands full already.

So, If you want to land jobs in Upwork try and work on your cover letter. An enticing cover letter does 90% of the job for you, and really your profile

5 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by DrEmmy01(m): 1:18am On Jul 25, 2022
Humorme2:

Hey.

I just want to thank you once again, you've been of so much help. I just got my verification badge, all thanks to you.

2 Likes

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by DrEmmy01(m): 1:32am On Jul 25, 2022
Techmac00:

Can you briefly describe to us how to write a proposal?
To be honest, there's nothing like a proposal template. Just write as if you are talking physically with the client. Your proposals should be unique to each job post, don't try to copy and paste. Also be honest with them, some clients really appreciate honesty.
In addition, don't be too formal. It's not a job interview. you are trying to tell someone you are the best man for the job so loosen up a bit and try to write from the client's perspective.
Also, always prove you can do the job well in your cover letter. Don't use your cover letter to start listing all your irrelevant soft skills or all the companies you've worked for. Use this avenue to explain to the client how you are going to execute THEIR PROJECT. You can also ask questions if the job description wasn't clear enough, it might compel some clients to invite you for an interview so they can answer those questions and you further elaborate.
Finally, make it short and avoid errors. Spelling errors irritate so try to avoid them. Also try to make your cover letter as brief as possible, reading long, repetitive texts tend to bore most clients. Always remember, you aren't the only one that'll submit a proposal for that particular job, so put that in mind and take note of the competition.

I almost forgot, try to have a good portfolio. Especially for those who don't have any work history on upwork. It's not for show or display.it actually helps convince clients that you are experienced when there are no reviews on your profile. My first client actually referenced one of my work samples on my portfolio during my interview with him.

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 25, 2022
wasiubello:
Like @officialDj has said earlier, what lands you jobs in upwork is mainly your proposal or cover letter.

As a matter of fact, my profile is only 80% completion, but I got invite to all most every application I put forward.

Last week I rejected an offer from a German hospital because I have my hands full already.

So, If you want to land jobs in Upwork try and work on your cover letter. An enticing cover letter does 90% of the job for you, and really your profile
Hi, please guide me. Can I chat you?
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by dauntless15(m): 12:33pm On Jul 25, 2022
Pls is there an Upwork group I could join
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by oluwamalik(m): 1:51pm On Jul 25, 2022
Hello fam. Pls is it right for me to pay for ID card cos a client is asking me to pay $50 for premium ID card before they can assign projects to me but I told yhe client I cannot pay cos it is not right. Pls I really want to know because this is my first time working with UPWORK. Thanks.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Humorme2(f): 2:53pm On Jul 25, 2022
Techmac00:

You probably haven't landed your first gig. When you do so, you'll see a pop up notification telling you to verify your identity.
If you don't do so before seven days, your account will be temporarily suspended.
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by Humorme2(f): 2:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
DrEmmy01:

I just want to thank you once again, you've been of so much help. I just got my verification badge, all thanks to you.

You're welcome. smiley
Re: Upwork Thread (Questions/Help/Advice) by QuickFunding: 2:57pm On Jul 25, 2022
Hello House!

I'm on upwork.

My specialty is increasing twitter followers, retweets and likes instagram followers, youtube views and subscribers , facebook fans, friends and group members, linkedin conections, tik tok followers and comments, telegram subscribers. etc. at very affordable price.

contact me via +2348118990552 on whatsapp if you need any of these services.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (106) (Reply)

How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone / Binary Option Free Alerts/strategies Season 3 / Who Is Who In Nigeria: The Full List Of The Top 50 Richest Nigerian Billionaires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.