Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,037 members, 7,956,853 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:42 PM

What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? (10855 Views)

Share Your Favorite Bible Verse Photos / Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote / What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by TheMostComplex1: 12:56pm On Feb 14, 2021
Anything that God cannot do does not exist

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by UYEMDO35(m): 1:00pm On Feb 14, 2021
Psalms 121
KJV:I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
KJV:My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
KJV:He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
KJV:Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
KJV:The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.
KJV:The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
KJV:The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
KJV:The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Germi9: 1:01pm On Feb 14, 2021
I am crucified with Christ nevertheless i live;yet not i but Christ who lives in me and the life that i live is by Faith in him.
still in my memory but cant remember the book chapter and verse anymore

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Zabee0076: 1:02pm On Feb 14, 2021
Romans 8:35,37-39

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword?
37. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Iwantpeace: 1:04pm On Feb 14, 2021
mine is 2 Corinthians 10:12 .it says "for when they compare themselves by themselves or measure themselves with one another they are without understanding.." some translation will say they are fools. the day I listened to a message by Apostle Joshua selman and he referenced this verse , hmm my life changed for ever I stopped comparing my life with others ..
Another one is Isaiah 54:10 "though the mountains and valleys might be shaken but my love for you will NEVER be shaken..it assures me of the love of God always
the last of d top 3 is Job 14 vrs 7... it gives me so much hope...
many jaree.. The Word of God is indeed Alive and Active

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 14, 2021
Colossians 2:14-15.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by elpochas: 1:13pm On Feb 14, 2021
Sleekfingers:

an eye for an eye
thou shall not judge
kill by the sword, die by the sword....
The king of the jew
guy u go wicked well well o.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by LordPsalm(m): 1:20pm On Feb 14, 2021
Phil 2v6
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 14, 2021
Badabada:
"So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy."

KJV. Rom 9:16.

This has kept me going all my life.

I love this verse.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by jUeLiZ: 1:29pm On Feb 14, 2021
kalu61:
Ecclesiastes 9:11

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

Whole Ecclesiastes infact
my best verse, and this is the reality of life.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Sleekfingers: 1:30pm On Feb 14, 2021
elpochas:
guy u go wicked well well o.

me self know say i wicked......i dey follow that AN EYE FOR AN EYE....it is my number 1 rule
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 14, 2021
Habakkuk 2:3:

For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

This verse keeps me going honestly.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by MrImole: 2:09pm On Feb 14, 2021
Ezekiel 18:20

The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by ileriashe29(m): 2:17pm On Feb 14, 2021
Galatian 2:20
Germi9:
I am crucified with Christ nevertheless i live;yet not i but Christ who lives in me and the life that i live is by Faith in him.
still in my memory but cant remember the book chapter and verse anymore

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by babaify(m): 2:19pm On Feb 14, 2021
elpochas:
The Bible is filled up with several chapters and verse,Each Christian has one or more favorite verse in the Bible he or she likes the most.

So what is your favorite Bible verses?

Mine is Ecclesiastes 12vs13 it says "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Psalms 121
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by uchejustine: 2:21pm On Feb 14, 2021
John 10:9. I am the gate, who so ever enters through me will find pasture.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by EaglesEyes1(m): 2:39pm On Feb 14, 2021
Matthew Chapter 7 verse 7
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Pickieox(m): 2:40pm On Feb 14, 2021
elpochas:
The Bible is filled up with several chapters and verse,Each Christian has one or more favorite verse in the Bible he or she likes the most.

So what is your favorite Bible verses?

Mine is Ecclesiastes 12vs13 it says "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by bizhop01: 2:43pm On Feb 14, 2021
THE LORD IS MY LIGHT AND MY SALVATION, WHOM SHALL I FEAR? Psalm 27

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by daporclooney(m): 2:54pm On Feb 14, 2021
1corinthians 15v50

..., that flesh blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by officialfestus(m): 2:59pm On Feb 14, 2021
Feeling motivated
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by daxon001(m): 3:15pm On Feb 14, 2021
Kiss me with the kisses of your lips...for your love is better than wine cool
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by XaintJoel20: 4:12pm On Feb 14, 2021
The Bible remains the greatest book of all. Jesus Christ is Lord. Amen.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Mj2Mj: 4:42pm On Feb 14, 2021
Let him that thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by bejeria101(m): 4:56pm On Feb 14, 2021
Acts 2:47
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Johnkay225: 5:05pm On Feb 14, 2021
Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Johnkay225: 5:06pm On Feb 14, 2021
Romans 5:5-8 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Exodora: 5:13pm On Feb 14, 2021
Matt 15:27
But Jesus replied ," it is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to the dogs," 27. " Yes Lord ," she said ," even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters table.
Luke 8: 43 -48
And a woman having an issue of blood for twelve years , which had spent all her living upon physicians , neither could be healed of any , came behind him , and touched the border of his garment : and immediately her issue of blood stanched .
I so much like much much like this two quotes. Wonder if we still have people with this strong faith anymore .
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by amanzejude(m): 5:18pm On Feb 14, 2021
Romans 8:11

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by jojothaiv(m): 5:43pm On Feb 14, 2021
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead...

Philippians 3:10,11

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

1st Corinthians 13:11

I don't joke with those two verses and kudos to the OP take too, it summarize everything man is made for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Nemesis08(m): 6:21pm On Feb 14, 2021
Ecclesiastes 12:1 and 12:13
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by FRANKOSKI(m): 6:22pm On Feb 14, 2021
ROMANS 12VS 2 be not confirmed to this world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Three Kinds Of Destiny / Don't Let The Catholic Faith Deter You From The Christian Faith / Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.