Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,534 members, 7,958,644 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:32 PM

What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? (10858 Views)

Share Your Favorite Bible Verse Photos / Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote / What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by backT(m): 6:29pm On Feb 14, 2021
John3:16
This is where the love of God was shown to mankind.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by carlosperrera(m): 6:44pm On Feb 14, 2021
Ecclesiastic 9 vs 11.....time and chance happens to them all

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by romanus455(m): 6:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
Psalm 91.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the almighty God

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Geekop: 7:01pm On Feb 14, 2021
Isa 43:19 KJV
Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by FullBlastLight: 7:16pm On Feb 14, 2021
Unlimited22:
Titus 2:11

Quote it, he said, come on!

#LazyYouth! grin
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by BlackDuke(m): 7:55pm On Feb 14, 2021
Psalm 144 vs 1 : Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hand to battle, and my fingers to fight.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Rejoicesuccess(f): 8:51pm On Feb 14, 2021
2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given unto us the spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by OlawaleBammie: 11:14pm On Feb 14, 2021
Eriokanmi:
You got it all wrong bro. The last sentence of the verse 11, which says...but times and chances happeneth to them all... is the reason you should not stop praying. Unfortunately, people quote this verse wrongly Lemme share my uncle's story here...

I've shared my uncle's story before on NL. He's been denied USA visa 2 times yet, he kept praying for breakthrough on his visa application. On the 3rd attempt, his prayer was answered and the visa was approved. Story cut short . One day, as he was returning from Walmart where he was working as a store officer in Atlanta, he stopped by a newspaper vendor stand, a mexican to read papers as he used to. There wasn't widespread of Internet as of that time..talking of 1991. Since he entered America he's been praying to God to open his eyes to see opportunities. He said he was always seeing himself climbing a pole when he wasn't an engineer. In short, he spotted one solar inverter company called Trace Engineering in one of the newspapers which later became Xantrex. He approached them to be their agent in Nigeria but they turned down his application for 2 reasons...because he's an African and so, to market it would be so difficult being totally new on the continent and secondly because they weren't ready to expand their territory to Africa as of that time.

He kept praying until he was reconsidered. They wrote to him to come for a training after which he must take some demo units to Africa to promote. His first client was the CBN after atm revolution erupted , he became a sought after and the CBN recommended him to all banks. This man was among the young billionaires in his time...time and then chances happeneth to them all...that time may never come, those chances may never come one's way, should you remain prayerless because we do not even know the time or when such chances would come...please read verse 12 of that chapter to enable you understand further.
People always quote that verse 11, just to suit their lazy habit. You have to be prayerful always to make it happen. . There are evils in the world and your adversaries do not rest. They see you more than you think you see or know yourself and are ready to ensure that those times and chances never come. There are people who had died ahead of their time, chances too.

I had another uncle with whom I stayed after my nysc in lagos immediately after I secured a job. This man was super intelligent. He's a friend to my elder brother. He won a national award during his nysc days and this qualified him for an automatic employment at the civil service. He was invited by obj in abuja alongside other awardees. In short, he applied for a job at a major brewery in Nigeria. He performed well, up to the last stage. I remember a day one guy came to deliver a letter to him but met me at home. He came with a Toyota condor which they gave to their reps as of that time. He asked...where is our new colleague? I collected the parcel on his behalf. They employed those who didn't even perform up to his standard during the tests and interviews but dropped him eventually. His time and chance came but he was never a beneficiary if it. They was just one of many of such times and chances which he had lost. The man struggles with life today...someone who ought to have become a director today. It was later discovered that his wife was behind his ordeal after they both divorced, the woman confessed. I hope gets out of that bondage today because that woman had hit him hard from the spirit realm.

Ogaa, i stop where u said that tym may never come, see if ur tym will come it will come, if it doesnt come den consider it that its not enshrined in ur destiny.

Lemme tell u this, what God say s u will be is wat u will be, either u pray or not

See my brother, if its ur tym eehn!! The wall clock in ur house will start working even without batry.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by HacheNoire: 12:59am On Feb 15, 2021
Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins, which feed among the lilies.

Song of Solomon 4:5

your breasts like clusters of fruit

Song of Solomon (7:7)
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by mattmogan88: 3:20am On Feb 15, 2021
ESTHER 4.vs.16

If I perish, I perish
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by khiaa(f): 7:29am On Feb 15, 2021
bejeria101:
Acts 2:47

Happy Valentine's Day dear friend. wink

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by orlahboi(m): 9:49am On Feb 15, 2021
John 15:5
" I am the vine and you are the branches, he who abides in Me and I in him bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by bejeria101(m): 10:34am On Feb 15, 2021
khiaa:

Happy Valentine's Day dear friend. wink

Happy valentine dear Khiaa. Would reply your mail soonest
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by EaglesEyes1(m): 7:58am On Feb 16, 2021
amanzejude:
Romans 8:11
What is the name of this bible app?
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by CharLilo(m): 10:31am On May 11, 2021
Psalm 23 vs 1: The Lord is my Shepherd...
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by tsmall(m): 10:12pm On Jun 03, 2021
Eriokanmi:
You got it all wrong bro. The last sentence of the verse 11, which says...but times and chances happeneth to them all... is the reason you should not stop praying. Unfortunately, people quote this verse wrongly Lemme share my uncle's story here...

I've shared my uncle's story before on NL. He's been denied USA visa 2 times yet, he kept praying for breakthrough on his visa application. On the 3rd attempt, his prayer was answered and the visa was approved. Story cut short . One day, as he was returning from Walmart where he was working as a store officer in Atlanta, he stopped by a newspaper vendor stand, a mexican to read papers as he used to. There wasn't widespread of Internet as of that time..talking of 1991. Since he entered America he's been praying to God to open his eyes to see opportunities. He said he was always seeing himself climbing a pole when he wasn't an engineer. In short, he spotted one solar inverter company called Trace Engineering in one of the newspapers which later became Xantrex. He approached them to be their agent in Nigeria but they turned down his application for 2 reasons...because he's an African and so, to market it would be so difficult being totally new on the continent and secondly because they weren't ready to expand their territory to Africa as of that time.

He kept praying until he was reconsidered. They wrote to him to come for a training after which he must take some demo units to Africa to promote. His first client was the CBN after atm revolution erupted , he became a sought after and the CBN recommended him to all banks. This man was among the young billionaires in his time...time and then chances happeneth to them all...that time may never come, those chances may never come one's way, should you remain prayerless because we do not even know the time or when such chances would come...please read verse 12 of that chapter to enable you understand further.
People always quote that verse 11, just to suit their lazy habit. You have to be prayerful always to make it happen. . There are evils in the world and your adversaries do not rest. They see you more than you think you see or know yourself and are ready to ensure that those times and chances never come. There are people who had died ahead of their time, chances too.

I had another uncle with whom I stayed after my nysc in lagos immediately after I secured a job. This man was super intelligent. He's a friend to my elder brother. He won a national award during his nysc days and this qualified him for an automatic employment at the civil service. He was invited by obj in abuja alongside other awardees. In short, he applied for a job at a major brewery in Nigeria. He performed well, up to the last stage. I remember a day one guy came to deliver a letter to him but met me at home. He came with a Toyota condor which they gave to their reps as of that time. He asked...where is our new colleague? I collected the parcel on his behalf. They employed those who didn't even perform up to his standard during the tests and interviews but dropped him eventually. His time and chance came but he was never a beneficiary if it. They was just one of many of such times and chances which he had lost. The man struggles with life today...someone who ought to have become a director today. It was later discovered that his wife was behind his ordeal after they both divorced, the woman confessed. I hope gets out of that bondage today because that woman had hit him hard from the spirit realm.

Pls is your uncle name Mr Dola?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Non-muslims Only: Jesus Or Mohammed / Atheists Debate Religionists * / Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.