Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,692 members, 7,820,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? (10683 Views)

Share Your Favorite Bible Verse Photos / Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote / What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by superior1: 9:06am On Feb 14, 2021
Jeremiah 29:11

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Nobody: 9:08am On Feb 14, 2021
Psalm 71 Vs 20-21
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by AfonjaConehead: 9:11am On Feb 14, 2021
1John 3.1

"Behold,what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us that we should be called the sons of God.."

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 14, 2021
John 3:16
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by ictplotter(m): 9:16am On Feb 14, 2021
Isaiah 4 vs 1
In that day seven women will take hold of one man and say, "We will eat our own food and provide our own clothes; only let us be called by your name. Take away our disgrace!"

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by specimenG: 9:16am On Feb 14, 2021
Heb 2:18
For in the he himself hath suffered being tempted, he's able to succour those that are tempted!
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by stickle(m): 9:20am On Feb 14, 2021
And it came to pass
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by orisunmibare01(m): 9:21am On Feb 14, 2021
Psalms 27:10

Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by richieray: 9:22am On Feb 14, 2021
Romans 8:37.Nay in all these things we are more than conqueror through him who love us.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by blazepascal(m): 9:24am On Feb 14, 2021
someone should check eccesiates chapter 9verse 7-11 you go no say we suppose dey enjoy for this life

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by TeachGospel: 9:25am On Feb 14, 2021
Jeremiah 23:29
Is not my word like fire,” declares the Lord, “and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces?

Then I saw it in action here...

1 Kings 19:11-13

New King James Version, my personal interpretation are enclosed in brackets....

11 Then He said, “Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord.” (That was The Word declared by God) And behold, the Lord passed by (to implement/perform what was in Jeremiah 23:29 as it was written), and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord (Like Hammer as initially stated in Jeremiah), but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake;

12. And after the earthquake a fire,(Also as God revealed through Prophet Jeremiah but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire ), a still small voice.

I came to realize that as Sons of God when We declare the Word of God to advance the cause of His Kingdom, God himself go behind these words to perform them, Though he may not be seen with natural/naked eyes doing it, but HE IS THERE and THE ONE controlling everything.

Am still praying, meditating and researching to get the deep meaning and application of these power packed scriptures.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by toye440: 9:27am On Feb 14, 2021
Genesis 49:27
Benjamin shall raven as a wolf, in the morning he shall devour the prey and in the evening he shall divide the spoils.
Micah 7:8 rejoice not over me for if I fall I will rise again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by anslemarinze52(m): 9:27am On Feb 14, 2021
I will not die but leave to proclaim the goodness of the Lord over my life.......... Isaiah 54 vs 17
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 14, 2021
Even the kingdom of God suffers violence grin

So we meet killer Fulani eye to eye....I don't care about THOU SHALL NOT KILL OR TURN THE OTHER CHICK Quotation
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by anslemarinze52(m): 9:28am On Feb 14, 2021
anslemarinze52:
I will not die but leave to proclaim the goodness of the Lord over my life.......... Isaiah 54 vs 17

*live
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Exmilitant(m): 9:28am On Feb 14, 2021
Matthew 7:7

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by zealousayo(m): 9:30am On Feb 14, 2021
Isaiah 40:31
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Deborah98(f): 9:32am On Feb 14, 2021
proverbs 3:5-6.. Psalms 1-end Psalms 34:1..
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Is04970: 9:33am On Feb 14, 2021
Zechariah 4:6 - 9
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Petersamuel8(m): 9:33am On Feb 14, 2021
James 1:5 KJV
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by ukaface(f): 9:34am On Feb 14, 2021
Do all things without murmurings >: >: grin grin grin
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Teaser4(m): 9:35am On Feb 14, 2021
"Jesus wept".. I don't remember the location.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by obonujoker(m): 9:35am On Feb 14, 2021
Romans 8:35-39

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword?
As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Seniorwriter(m): 9:37am On Feb 14, 2021
The Lord detests those whose hearts are perverse, but he delights in those whose ways are blameless.

Proverbs 11 vs 20

Perverseness however is becoming a norm in this present day lifestyle!!!
SMH for perverse humans like that weightlifter hoping to Marry chickens.
Some countries already giving rights for humans to engage and have intercourse with animals.
The next generation has lots to contend with....

Imagine been introduced to an animal.
Mercy: Hi Frank been a while how are you and how is Tracy?
Frank: I'm fine well I and Tracy are no more dating meet my pet chicken SHY she is my new girlfriend....

Very anyhow perverseness.

Anyways in another news get a 20% ROI biweekly[i][/i] when you are an Investor in our Consumables Investment Coop.
All procedure and documentation includes legal Ts & Cs with flexible withdrawal modes for Both Capital Funds & Profits per operations.
I'm a text away on facebook...

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!
@SeniorWriter

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 14, 2021
Proverbs 22:29
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Primase: 9:41am On Feb 14, 2021
Romans 9:16, KJV: "So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy."
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by tachusta(m): 9:48am On Feb 14, 2021
The Book of Ecclesiastes
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by emmabest2000(m): 9:50am On Feb 14, 2021
JudgeKronos:
Judges 16:1
“then Samson went to Gaza, and saw there an harlot, and went in unto her

Genesis 19:33-36
And it came to pass, when Israel dwelt in that land, that Reuben went and lay with Bilhah his father’s concubine: and Israel heard it. Now the sons of Jacob were twelve

Genesis 35:22
And Judah saw there a daughter of a certain Canaanite, whose name was Shuah; and he took her, and went in unto her

2 Samuel 11:2-4
“One evening David got up from his bed and walked around on the roof of the palace. From the roof he saw a woman bathing. The woman was very beautiful, and David sent someone to find out about her. The man said, “She is Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliamand the wife of Uriah the Hittite.” Then David sent messengers to get her. She came to him, and he slept with her”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Ashinze: 9:50am On Feb 14, 2021
John 3-16
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Galatians: 9:50am On Feb 14, 2021
Matthew 18:18 and Isaiah 54:17

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by ShootThemAll(m): 9:52am On Feb 14, 2021
Mark 12:31 "Love your neighbour as yourself." There is no commandment greater than these.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:52am On Feb 14, 2021
Isaiah 4:1

Thank you, Jesus.

❤❤❤

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? / Rilwayne 001 I Say You Better BELIEVE The Ways Of Annunaki And His Followers. / Is It Biblical To Say "Develop A Personal Relationship With God"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.