Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,429 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? (10680 Views)

Share Your Favorite Bible Verse Photos / Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote / What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Eriokanmi: 11:19am On Feb 14, 2021
OlawaleBammie:

Ahh that is my bible verse, it makes me not to worry again, even if u say make we go vigil ir fast i wil just quote eccl 9:11 for u, weytin conzein me grin
You got it all wrong bro. The last sentence of the verse 11, which says...but times and chances happeneth to them all... is the reason you should not stop praying. Unfortunately, people quote this verse wrongly Lemme share my uncle's story here...

I've shared my uncle's story before on NL. He's been denied USA visa 2 times yet, he kept praying for breakthrough on his visa application. On the 3rd attempt, his prayer was answered and the visa was approved. Story cut short . One day, as he was returning from Walmart where he was working as a store officer in Atlanta, he stopped by a newspaper vendor stand, a mexican to read papers as he used to. There wasn't widespread of Internet as of that time..talking of 1991. Since he entered America he's been praying to God to open his eyes to see opportunities. He said he was always seeing himself climbing a pole when he wasn't an engineer. In short, he spotted one solar inverter company called Trace Engineering in one of the newspapers which later became Xantrex. He approached them to be their agent in Nigeria but they turned down his application for 2 reasons...because he's an African and so, to market it would be so difficult being totally new on the continent and secondly because they weren't ready to expand their territory to Africa as of that time.

He kept praying until he was reconsidered. They wrote to him to come for a training after which he must take some demo units to Africa to promote. His first client was the CBN after atm revolution erupted , he became a sought after and the CBN recommended him to all banks. This man was among the young billionaires in his time...time and then chances happeneth to them all...that time may never come, those chances may never come one's way, should you remain prayerless because we do not even know the time or when such chances would come...please read verse 12 of that chapter to enable you understand further.
People always quote that verse 11, just to suit their lazy habit. You have to be prayerful always to make it happen. . There are evils in the world and your adversaries do not rest. They see you more than you think you see or know yourself and are ready to ensure that those times and chances never come. There are people who had died ahead of their time, chances too.

I had another uncle with whom I stayed after my nysc in lagos immediately after I secured a job. This man was super intelligent. He's a friend to my elder brother. He won a national award during his nysc days and this qualified him for an automatic employment at the civil service. He was invited by obj in abuja alongside other awardees. In short, he applied for a job at a major brewery in Nigeria. He performed well, up to the last stage. I remember a day one guy came to deliver a letter to him but met me at home. He came with a Toyota condor which they gave to their reps as of that time. He asked...where is our new colleague? I collected the parcel on his behalf. They employed those who didn't even perform up to his standard during the tests and interviews but dropped him eventually. His time and chance came but he was never a beneficiary if it. They was just one of many of such times and chances which he had lost. The man struggles with life today...someone who ought to have become a director today. It was later discovered that his wife was behind his ordeal after they both divorced, the woman confessed. I hope gets out of that bondage today because that woman had hit him hard from the spirit realm.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by naija1stpikin: 11:25am On Feb 14, 2021
John 14:6 - "Jesus *said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through Me."

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by kluv99(m): 11:26am On Feb 14, 2021
I love psalm 91:1-16,121 Isaiah 55 :10-11,60 omoh them plenty o wey I love
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by jamesharryson(m): 11:28am On Feb 14, 2021
Songs of Solomon 1:2. Thou shouldst kiss me with the kisses of thine mouth for thy love is better than wine
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 14, 2021
Hebrews 13:5b

"He will never leave nor forsake thee."
This verse keeps me going in my spiritual journey and hope in Christ.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Gadaluck(m): 11:31am On Feb 14, 2021
Man shall not live by bread alone. If ur Satan go behind me grin
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:40am On Feb 14, 2021
The Best among them n affecting most people today....
Galatians 6:7

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Horpe64(f): 11:41am On Feb 14, 2021
Revelation 21:3-4 And he will wipe out every tears from their eyes and death will be no more neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore, the former things have passed away
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by ibolord(m): 11:41am On Feb 14, 2021
Galatians 6:17
Henceforth let no man trouble me, for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Tattooed on my body as well.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 14, 2021
Isaiah 66:1

This is what the LORD says: “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Could you build me a temple as good as that? Could you build me such a resting place?

I think if everyone knows that the mansions, Benz etc they take pride in is just inconsequential under God footstool they would humble themselves

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by donprinyo(m): 11:52am On Feb 14, 2021
psalm 23
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by naijanaso: 11:55am On Feb 14, 2021
II Timothy 1:12
For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day. Be Loyal to the Faith
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by MansoryMX(m): 11:58am On Feb 14, 2021
For me it’s John 11 verses 35. Just two words! “Jesus Wept”. Jesus don tire for our matter!
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by MansoryMX(m): 12:02pm On Feb 14, 2021
Divoc19:
Jesus wept

Divoc! Weird name lol

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by TruthHurts1(m): 12:03pm On Feb 14, 2021
You must have lost your way. Get out of here and go back to the Islamic section where you belong.

[s]
post=99049432:
John 9 : 9.

When God blesses you so much and people that use to know you start fighting themselves (confused) after you step into Town like a STAR.
They will be so confused that they will be saying,
Noooo, this can't be her/him lailai.

The Story of our Lives at [/b].

For anyone reading this and believing it,
may this also be the story of your life........soon!

Those making fun of you and trolling you will remain at the same spot while you keep progressing each and everyday.

[b]John 9 : 9
[/s]
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by TruthHurts1(m): 12:05pm On Feb 14, 2021
Morning Bro. Mine is:

Isaiah 40:31 - But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Mikecold:
Isaiah 66:1

This is what the LORD says: “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Could you build me a temple as good as that? Could you build me such a resting place?

I think if everyone knows that the mansions, Benz etc they take pride in is just inconsequential under God footstool they would humble themselves

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by TruthHurts1(m): 12:10pm On Feb 14, 2021
It's one of the most misunderstood verses. But it teaches a valuable lesson.

tstx:
here's mine
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Sleekfingers: 12:14pm On Feb 14, 2021
elpochas:
The Bible is filled up with several chapters and verse,Each Christian has one or more favorite verse in the Bible he or she likes the most.

So what is your favorite Bible verses?

Mine is Ecclesiastes 12vs13 it says "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

an eye for an eye

thou shall not judge

kill by the sword, die by the sword....

The king of the jew
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Gvnl(f): 12:14pm On Feb 14, 2021
Luke 1:45
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Sleekfingers: 12:16pm On Feb 14, 2021
BigYash:
John 3 vs 16. For God so loved the world...

Pastor: For God so loved what?

Congregation: Love the world.

Happy Sunday Everyone..
grin

me self see say God so love the world indeed
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by francisisking: 12:17pm On Feb 14, 2021
this is the verse the Lord gave when I fasted to break free from demonic oppression psalm 126.... he that is wise should arm themselves with this verse.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Sleekfingers: 12:18pm On Feb 14, 2021
JudgeKronos:
Judges 16:1
“then Samson went to Gaza, and saw there an harlot, and went in unto her

Genesis 19:33-36
And it came to pass, when Israel dwelt in that land, that Reuben went and lay with Bilhah his father’s concubine: and Israel heard it. Now the sons of Jacob were twelve

Genesis 35:22
And Judah saw there a daughter of a certain Canaanite, whose name was Shuah; and he took her, and went in unto her

2 Samuel 11:2-4
“One evening David got up from his bed and walked around on the roof of the palace. From the roof he saw a woman bathing. The woman was very beautiful, and David sent someone to find out about her. The man said, “She is Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliamand the wife of Uriah the Hittite.” Then David sent messengers to get her. She came to him, and he slept with her”

toto no go kill u o......
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by goldmatrix(m): 12:20pm On Feb 14, 2021
My favorite:

Matt.7.7 - "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Matt.7.9 - Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?

Matt.7.10 - Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent?

Matt.7.11 - If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Sleekfingers: 12:22pm On Feb 14, 2021
Proftowin:
The BIBLE as a whole, from paali to paali

the bible is filled with fairy tales......i mean jews fairy tales......thats why i love the chinese and japanese......
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 12:24pm On Feb 14, 2021
Here's mine

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by migeoart(f): 12:33pm On Feb 14, 2021
Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by samuelevans(m): 12:45pm On Feb 14, 2021
Psalm 136
1 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever. 2 Give thanks to the God of gods. His love endures forever. 3 Give thanks to the Lord of lords: His love endures forever. 4 to him who alone does great wonders, His love endures forever. 5 who by his understanding made the heavens, His love endures forever. 6 who spread out the earth upon the waters, His love endures forever. 7 who made the great lights-- His love endures forever. 8 the sun to govern the day, His love endures forever. 9 the moon and stars to govern the night; His love endures forever. 10 to him who struck down the firstborn of Egypt His love endures forever. 11 and brought Israel out from among them His love endures forever. 12 with a mighty hand and outstretched arm; His love endures forever. 13 to him who divided the Red Sea [ 1] asunder His love endures forever. 14 and brought Israel through the midst of it, His love endures forever. 15 but swept Pharaoh and his army into the Red Sea; His love endures forever. 16 to him who led his people through the desert, His love endures forever. 17 who struck down great kings, His love endures forever. 18 and killed mighty kings-- His love endures forever. 19 Sihon king of the Amorites His love endures forever. 20 and Og king of Bashan-- His love endures forever. 21 and gave their land as an inheritance, His love endures forever. 22 an inheritance to his servant Israel; His love endures forever. 23 to the One who remembered us in our low estate His love endures forever. 24 and freed us from our enemies, His love endures forever. 25 and who gives food to every creature. His love endures forever. 26 Give thanks to the God of heaven. His love endures forever.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by oluwabunmi61010: 12:46pm On Feb 14, 2021
2 Timothy 4:14. Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Xammie001(m): 12:46pm On Feb 14, 2021
elpochas:
The Bible is filled up with several chapters and verse,Each Christian has one or more favorite verse in the Bible he or she likes the most.

So what is your favorite Bible verses?

Mine is Ecclesiastes 12vs13 it says "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Ecclesiastes 3 vs 1
There's time for everything
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Quotation? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 14, 2021
TruthHurts1:
Morning Bro. Mine is:

Isaiah 40:31 - But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

God be praised

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rilwayne 001 I Say You Better BELIEVE The Ways Of Annunaki And His Followers. / I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? / The Rapture : The Glorious Return Of Our Lord - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.