Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,234 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? (54196 Views)

I Caught My Brother’s Wife Having Sex With Another Man In Their Sitting Room / My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night / Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by pocohantas(f): 1:07am On Feb 17, 2021
NikAustine:
Your type na e Dem dey troway from house if anything happen to husband.
Do you know the good and respect you give your husband's family will contribute to how long you leave happily with your husband too? If the whole family get to hate you for that you lose lose o

One would think I am a jobless dumb orphan who can’t fight for what she contributed to. Too much Nigerian film is affecting you. You must be an EBSU student like the OP.

Do you also know that how you respect your brother’s wife would determine how you all live happily? Learn that first. You all keep yapping about respect when the OP has the effrontery to exchange words with his brother’s wife in her matrimonial home. Maybe that was how your uncles talked to your mothers while you were kids, hence the normalization.

NikAustine:
I'm pretty sure your type won't last in a family where the man's mother is still alive and he has siblings.
Them go to deal with you fa. lol

Like they are dealing with the OP faaa! grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by 9jaRealist: 1:10am On Feb 17, 2021
Mokason288:

You are very funny

Where are you from?

If your brothers wife could shoot you, I’m sorry to say this ....

Your brother is an A$$

There should be boundaries every where, I feel it’s wrong to go into her kitchen

But she doesn’t have any right to throw his things outside... that decision is for the brother

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

Sorry, dude, but there are NO “boundaries” there for wifey.
It is HER (and her husband’s) matrimonial home, and everyone else is a stranger under the law.
>
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by NikAustine: 1:10am On Feb 17, 2021
Charlie2020:
A male friend visited you (you're probably a female)

You entered her kitchen without her permission and cooked for your male

She sensibly did not interrogate you until your male friend left

She probably did not confront you then after but you probably was rude or discourteous to her and she threw you out.

If what I narrated above was as it happened, she'll defeat you in any court 100%.
Yes she might win in any court but she will not win in a court where his family are the judges. from the mother to the siblings. they will certainly make life hell for her after hearing how she threw out their child to the street.
If someone did that to my brother just because you got married to my other brother and you believe the house is yours.. I swear by God I will make sure I'll make your life a living hell and make sure I and my family will do everything to make my brother divorce you. from my mother to father down to my youngest siblings you have created enemies and we will burn you. no capping.
If she had respect for her husband she should've waited then report to her husband and he will know what to do. only her husband got the right to ask him to leave not she.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by 9jaRealist: 1:13am On Feb 17, 2021
pocohantas:
One would think I am a jobless dumb orphan who can’t fight for what she contributed to. Too much Nigerian film is affecting you. You must be an EBSU student like the OP.

Do you also know that how you respect your brother’s wife would determine how you all live happily? Learn that first. You all keep yapping about respect when the OP has the effrontery to exchange words with his brother’s wife in her matrimonial home. Maybe that was how your uncles talked to your mother’s while you were kids, hence the normalization.

Bless you sis!
Too many Nigerians have been raised under a sexist (and even misogynist) culture. SMH
>

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by okito: 1:13am On Feb 17, 2021
No, she has no right to throw you out of your brother's house but she has the right to kick you out of her house.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Investorlex(m): 1:20am On Feb 17, 2021
He cooked,not by her
Nwodosis:
Everything is your brother's own and both you worked for it? How?
My friend allow your brother's wife to enjoy her marriage, which right do you have to go and open a married woman's pot to serve not even yourself but a friend? You owe her an apology.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by NikAustine: 1:20am On Feb 17, 2021
pocohantas:

Do you also know that how you respect your brother’s wife would determine how you all live happily? Learn that first. You all keep yapping about respect when the OP has the effrontery to exchange words with his brother’s wife in her matrimonial home. Maybe that was how your uncles talked to your mother’s while you were kids, hence the normalization.

Like they are dealing with the OP faaa! grin grin
I don't think you're jobless. I think you're sentimental. and this isn't about Nigerian films. have seen this happen and have heard of it. so forget Nigeria films ok.

Yes, Respect they say is Reciprocal. if he should respect her, she should also respect him it goes both ways.
Not everyone can keep their cool when being insulted or shouted on ok? so you won't blame him for responding.
My uncle never talked that way to my mother infact, when he came to stay with us he was respectful and my mother also accorded him his respect.

If you call this dealing with the Op, I wonder what you will say when the op family start to deal with her especially her husband's mother. I'm pretty sure you be one of the first ones to say "a man has to put his wife first before his mother, he has to side his wife first since they're one"
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by pocohantas(f): 1:24am On Feb 17, 2021
9jaRealist:

Bless you sis!
Too many Nigerians have been raised under a sexist (and even misogynist) culture. SMH
>

Seems they fell on their heads as kids. Imagine reading OP post with no single admonition for him, yet they want the wife to be showering one spoilt brat with respect. Nigerian wives are trying sha. They keep giving- no one stops to ask if they are not deserving of same honour. Lol!
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Smooth278(m): 1:26am On Feb 17, 2021
So wetin come happen for this tori? Abi brother never come house?
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by kunle75(m): 1:29am On Feb 17, 2021
iamGholdaniel:
I am angry right now,
My brother’s wife is so full of pain, whenever she sight me.
I don’t know where this hatred is coming from, today she did worst than before.
a male friend visited, and I went to the kitchen to cook and serve him.

After my friend left she started ranting, and I shouted back at her.

She packed out my belongings , and she started throwing my bags and other stuffs outside.
She locked the house entrance and left with the keys

I decided to stay calm and wait for my brother to come back.

Because everything my brother own, we both struggled for it.

How old are you?

If you are an adult then you don't belong there

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by elijahozzy(m): 1:35am On Feb 17, 2021
Serious sense
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by zedegit: 1:35am On Feb 17, 2021
iamGholdaniel:
I am angry right now,

She packed out my belongings , and she started throwing my bags and other stuffs outside.

Op I have to tell you the truth. You are in the wrong. You trespassed her territory which is the kitchen. Don't forget Biblically she and your brother are 1 in marriage and wwhat God has joined together; let no one put asunder.

Even from your post,,, it's clear you look down on her. I don't want to believe that this is the first time thos issue is happening.

You have 2 choices: pack your things and go make your own money or beg, stay and be humble.

She's angry not because you invited your friend but because of your arrogance shown in your behavior and looking at your write-up I can deduct the kind of friend you invited which may even put the entire family at risk. So it's not just about you.

You struggled with your brother. Fine and good. Plead with your brother to flash your aza so you can move on.

NB: Before some people quote me to start insulting themselves. Note that this is my own opinion and in no means exhonerates the wife for throwing his things out. Normally she's supposed to take it up with her husband. It's also wrong.

But like I said earlier, she may have been frustrated to take that decision.

simply put, op met his match. Besides op are you Edo boy?

2 Likes

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by DCmonster: 1:39am On Feb 17, 2021
Get your settlement and move the fvck on. If your brother fvcks up forgive him coz he is a SIMP but don't forgive that bitch.
A wise woman will never make an enemy out of her brother in-law.

When a man runs into financial difficulty or any other problem in life and his rich siblings refuses to help me out, it's often as a result of having a wife that is as bad as OP sister in-law.

Whatever they sow from this little issue, she will reap it later on certainly.

2 Likes

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by elijahozzy(m): 1:42am On Feb 17, 2021
Bro don’t be angry, you are family, she is family even if she doesn’t know how you both suffered and made it.

A woman that can throw your bags out because of a material things like soup is a very bad wife.

That’s a sign she doesn’t want you around your brother which is impossible.

4 Likes

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by elijahozzy(m): 1:50am On Feb 17, 2021
400billionman:
Allow them to enjoy their marriage.

Many people don't know what marriage means.

You are currently an extended relative to your brother.

Your brother's immediate family is his WIFE and CHILDREN. It's called NUCLEAR family

But this Nuclear ☢️ family will be looking for people to come and greet them when your wife has throw all the brothers and uncles and your friends away because of material things, bad wife, I can change my wife but I can’t change my brother we blood forever. Don’t marry a wrong wife brothers

5 Likes

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by zedegit: 1:55am On Feb 17, 2021
silibaba:
Just give her smackdown and take ur bags inside b4 rain beat them. Men should learn 2 marry character not fig8

You are a clown. Go and give your own brother's wife smackdown and update us.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by zedegit: 1:57am On Feb 17, 2021
Liposure:
Your brother's wife is wrong in throwing you out. Even tho you trespassed, it still doesn't warrant such treatment. Her hatred for you is on another level.

I have taken some decisions looking at only one side.

Now looking back. I regret those decisions. If only the wife could update you. I doubt you will say the above.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by zedegit: 1:59am On Feb 17, 2021
400billionman:
Allow them to enjoy their marriage.

Many people don't know what marriage means.

You are currently an extended relative to your brother.

Your brother's immediate family is his WIFE and CHILDREN. It's called NUCLEAR family

Unfortunately extended means extra baggage in Buhari's era.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by binary01: 2:00am On Feb 17, 2021
na this same Op complain about his brother wife not washing his bedsheet some days back abi?.... either way, go and get your own house or move back to your father's house. you and your brother did not struggle to share wife or his matrimonial home...
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by greenskittles: 2:01am On Feb 17, 2021
Yes. Yes she does.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by haybhi1(m): 2:04am On Feb 17, 2021
One4me:

It is a POWER and CONTROL issue!
To dominate or kill a prey, you first isolate such prey.

When a Lion wants to kill a Buffalo, it understands that they move in a herd and the herd will kill a Lion, anyday.
What it does is to create a diversion by running rough around the Buffalo herd, without attacking but scattering them.
It then selects the most isolated one, further isolates it by not attacking it directly but planting itself in-between the main herd and the one it is targeting.
The Mumu Buffalo (like our Brothers here grin ) glances at the Lion and concludes it is not going to attack it but because it is standing in-between it and the herd, this target Bufallo moves further away from the herd, to avoid the Lion.
Once there is enough distance between the herd and the target Buffalo, the Lion then launches his attack and grabs the Buffalo by the throat, cutting off oxygen supply to vital organs and more importantly, prevent it from calling for help.

That is how MOST Women of nowadays, operate. Isolate, attack and Conquer..
Brothers got to be aware. undecided

What a scenario. Interesting.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by zedegit: 2:09am On Feb 17, 2021
Richy4:
<<< OP, The reason why you felt insulted could be that you have been living in that house with your brother before he married your sister inlaw and three of you were now sharing that same space that was your territory back then... You feel that she has no right to encroach on your already made heaven.. and she too feel that she's the rightful owner of the place... so she decided to show you that she is MRS.

<<<< Here's what I think.. I think she has no right to throw your thing outside the house irrespective of what you have done... She has no respect for your brother..i might be wrong but she's the one calling the shots in that marriage if she couldn't wait for your brother to return so she can register her displeasure to him(that's none of my business anyways).. Assuming reverse was the case, and she was living with her own sister, can your brother throw her sister inlaw's belongings outside when the wife was not around..

<<<< OP, you should stop cooking for your friends... You are no longer living with your brother alone... serve them light refreshments when they come visiting.. when you get your own place, then you can cook for them and do as you like...You need not to drag territory with your sister-in-law.. All you have to do is hit the ignore button at all times.. maintain emotional and social distancing from her until you get your own place..

<<<< Finally please.. Please... and Please, whatever decision your brother takes concerning this issue, do not hate him... You might not know the emotional tussle going on behind close doors... The decision might be for him to just have peace of mind.. Help your brother to achieve that peace please..

This is objective I must say.

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:11am On Feb 17, 2021
iamGholdaniel:
I am angry right now,

Who pay the rent, who build the house, who bought the foods to the house, who pay the bills?
You, your brother or your brother and his wife.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by tit(f): 2:14am On Feb 17, 2021
Are you still at the gate?
Abi you done japa?
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by InvertedHammer: 2:17am On Feb 17, 2021
iamGholdaniel:
I am angry right now,

/
The moment your brother wanted to get married was when you should have taken your share of the struggle and moved.

When your brother or sister gets married, learn how to give them space to start their own family. Leeches always lose at the end
/
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by haybhi1(m): 2:22am On Feb 17, 2021
NikAustine:
I don't think you're jobless. I think you're sentimental. and this isn't about Nigerian films. have seen this happen and have heard of it. so forget Nigeria films ok.

Yes, Respect they say is Reciprocal. if he should respect her, she should also respect him it goes both ways.
Not everyone can keep their cool when being insulted or shouted on ok? so you won't blame him for responding.
My uncle never talked that way to my mother infact, when he came to stay with us he was respectful and my mother also accorded him his respect.

If you call this dealing with the Op, I wonder what you will say when the op family start to deal with her especially her husband's mother. I'm pretty sure you be one of the first ones to say "a man has to put his wife first before his mother, he has to side his wife first since they're one"

I can imagine how much better other things you have up your sleeves to do with your time than attributing your attention to an obviously static femicentric ideologist.

Make attempts to avoid a second statement to such people, henceforth. They'd assume you align with them, but it's safe for your mental space.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by NovusHomo(m): 2:26am On Feb 17, 2021
NikAustine:
Do you know if he reports this to the family especially the mother, it will make the wife become an enemy to the family? The mother and possibly his siblings will make it their point to end that marriage. And you know the way a Son takes his mother, she comes first before his wife.

I reacted to the post. Their family dynamics is not my problem.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by NovusHomo(m): 2:28am On Feb 17, 2021
NikAustine:
Do you know if he reports this to the family especially the mother, it will make the wife become an enemy to the family? The mother and possibly his siblings will make it their point to end that marriage. And you know the way a Son takes his mother, she comes first before his wife.

I reacted to the post. I am not interested in their family dynamics.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by NoToPile: 2:42am On Feb 17, 2021
NikAustine:
I hate all this nonsense.
if I was the Op I will make sure she regret ever doing that. first I will report to my parents and my other siblings and then if my brother doesn't do anything, I will disown my brother simple. and you all know when two bloods are quarreling cause of a lady, the Whole family will end up hating that lady. and besides since she says her husband's house belong to her, anytime she comes visiting with her husband to my father's house or anything and I'm there I will treat her like dirt. infact, if possible I will shout that I don't want to see her step her witchy food in my father's house. so let her and her husband go back to where they're coming from
I will be the reason for their marriage to breakup and I will have no atom of pity. me I wicked o!

I don't see any wrong the op did there. she has no right ever.
if she wanted him to leave she should talk to her husband to also talk to him apart leaving and giving them space not behaving like an uncivilized maniac.

grin grin grin

If you understand the dynamics of marriage ehn, you will also understand that you can eventually become the bad guy instead of her should such scenario happen.

All these can be avoided if guests respect themselves and respect their brothers wives but no they won't and some women no send you at all.

That aside

My mum always told me that if I want to receive favor from the man that has only a wife, I should never fight with his wife.

My cousins don't respect my cousins wife they even transferred the hate to their children. Imagine a 17 year old child talking badly about a woman that should be in her late 40s. They will go to her house and start commanding even went as far as saying its their late mother ( my mums sister ) that is supposed to be enjoying what she is enjoying cheesy .Na she kill their mama?

When she had her last born about 12yrs back,they went for naming and expected her to be at their beck and call, serving them up and down. One of my other cousins( not from their own mother) was even telling them to help may, they said lailai ooo he should come and carry their hands.

Me I kuku dey go their house respect myself, despite they have house help I will show up for kitchen and ask what are we eating etc. she likes me ehn, when I was still in school after my cousin settle me with cash she sef will give me cash, cheesy. Always asking when I will come visit. When I got married she played a very active role, when I had my baby nko she made sure she got to my place despite the distance.

Till date she and her husband siblings are just enduring themselves, my mum had always asked them what did she do to you people? No answer.They just hate her I think.
I think her offence was she married their brother and these my cousins are married women ooo not that they even live together with my cousin and his wife.

The day she broke down and told me she didn't know what she did to her husband siblings that when they were still in a rented apartment they were all fine, she said her problem started when they moved to their own home that was when they started frustrating her. I couldn't say anything because I know its true.

My cousins even accused my mum of going to this our wife's house that what is she going to do there blablabla. Mumsie said its you people that will never respect yourself, You hate your brothers wife you want me to hate her too kolewerk.

When in-laws want to be troublesome they will defy all forms of reason, these ones are my blood cousins oppressing their brothers wife for no reason we have talked and talked they should change their ways lailai they no gree.

Sometimes I wish she was someone like the OP who will show them small pepper just small like this.

When you carry that our brothers house mentality to act to his wife you are brewing trouble and the end result depends on the temperament of the wife. The OPs bros wife no send anybody.

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Hotbutt(f): 2:44am On Feb 17, 2021
When I get married to my husband, I will never drive my husband family out of the house becos the house is not my house. It is my husbands house.

The Woman should Be Humble And Prayerful and watch God lift her up

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by missyblissy: 2:46am On Feb 17, 2021
crackhaus:
Only people who are possessed with the spirit of witchcraft and afflicted with poverty mentality, will see anything wrong when a woman's BIL goes into the kitchen to cook something for his guest/friend. I said what I said...

In this decade when women are taking charge of industries and big businesses, some are still forming alpha & omega of kitchen matters.

I wonder. She behaved badly. What she should. Have done was to report the incident to your brother and he will handle it.

Some. Women no. Get home training I tell you. When you marry a man, you marry the family too. I think she's not happy that you are living with them.

She's lucky that you are sane, if it's men that don't accept rubbish.....

@Op you cooked and served your guest not that you gave your visitor her food as you know she's a troublemaker.

I don't see anything wrong with it as long uncle will clean the place when he's done, no problem. I prefer guys staying with as they are easy going than women. My two cents

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by 001spice: 2:50am On Feb 17, 2021
iamGholdaniel:
I am angry right now,

. How old are you

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Married Only: How Often Do You Ask Your Partner For Sex? / Man Loses Custody Of His Children Who Were Caught Watching Porn In Lagos. Photos / TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.