Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,553 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? (54304 Views)

I Caught My Brother’s Wife Having Sex With Another Man In Their Sitting Room / My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night / Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by ume1000: 8:18am On Feb 17, 2021
cricifixo:
You are the world standard benchmark for stupidity.
so says the man who chase away his own flesh and blood for a blood sucking , arrogant and control freakish leach of a wife

Your username should be. I be simp

You are foolishness raised to the power of infinity

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Toks2008(m): 8:18am On Feb 17, 2021
MLTR:

She has no right to throw out her hubby lil sis .... lets stop been foolish because we want to have undenied access to pvssy @ night.
You return from work n see your lil sis luggages outside, does that show your wife respect you, does that depict you are in charge of your home.
Women will alway want to put a man in the middle, the best way to handle it is prove to both side you own yourself.

Not when my wife is disrespected.

Go back and read her post. ''She shouted back at her because she was ranting...''

Was that not suggestive that the sister in question is rude? So the caveat is disrespect. IF any of my sister disrespects my wife then she may have to look for another place to stay.

Me and my wife are one so a disrespect to my wife is an automatic disrespect to me. If my wife offends her, she ought to calm down and report to me then I handle the case.

2 Likes

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 17, 2021
lovethchioma:
Brother's house? how na? It is also her house not just his brother's house. Let this sink in properly. The house now belongs to the wife and the husband equally.

if you understand this very well... then it will be good for you.

If the house belongs to man and wife equally how come it women that get thrown out, upon divorce how come its a woman that will pack her luggage to leave.
Between tonto dickeh & her MIL who still have access to churchhill properties today ... thread with wisdom

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by kense88: 8:19am On Feb 17, 2021
annyberry:
If us story is true,u did nothing wrong jus dat she already had bitterness in her heart for u,who goes into d kitchen should nt b a problem for d fact u give her her maximum respect...i kip wondering y we ladies drag kitchen alot.
kitchen they will stop making use of, after few years of marriage
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by ThatFairGuy1: 8:20am On Feb 17, 2021
Teleprompter:
Are you make or female ?

If you are female, it is so wrong of you to serve a make friend without permission and if you are a male, it is still wrong but not as wrong as the previous.

A cultured woman who respects her husband would not react the way she did packing your belongings and locking the door. She has no regard for her husband even if she is paying the rent, she does not need to act that way.

For you as a person, learn to respect boundaries. Even if your brother owes all his wealth to you, you must not be flaunting that to third parties.

Let's hear how your brother reacted when he found out about this.
God bless you ma'am

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Lexusgs430: 8:20am On Feb 17, 2021
MLTR:

I am not surprised, you that met abuja gurl within two days we know as you they behave on NL .... i just hope your friends & family stay far away from you when you marry cos your mumu for women is on another level.

Which Abuja girl o...... tongue

Like Abacha would say...... ' you avoid me, you avoid dollars'........ So friend's and family wey avoid me, I go use their money chop peppersoup......... cheesy
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by osiscolion(m): 8:23am On Feb 17, 2021
I say nothing until i hear her own side of the story!

But she went far shall, throwing you and your belongings out of the house is a disrespect for your Brother, I must admit.

she for just wait make oga come back!

Na the only f...k up when i see for now, until i hear her own story!

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Mokason288(m): 8:24am On Feb 17, 2021
MLTR:

I still don't get who made all these rules you people go about quoting;
If the sister has no right to enter the kitchen then she has no business being in that house in the 1st place.
She had a visitor, would she had call on the wife to go and cook for them.
One fact i stumbled upon is that where there is no love, all kinds of rules & boundaries exist.
The only reasonable boundary should be the couple bedroom. If you don't love my blood then how do you begin to justify loving me, there are things i don't do for my babe buh when her lil sis visit us i go extra mile to make her stay comfortable and i expect babe to do same to my younger ones tew.
Very correct
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Mokason288(m): 8:25am On Feb 17, 2021
donsheddy1:
Nope. It's her home now. The husband will be an a$$ when he can't reason with his wife on this issue.
If you are married/ when you get married through your wife’s sisters things out side and see

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Lexusgs430: 8:27am On Feb 17, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

It is cutting off families. If you only see eat Christmas, you might as well be strangers. If they cannot live with you, they must be strangers.

He could be entitled because he says he owns what his brother owns, maybe he's the one who pushed his brother and helped him, so much that a woman got interested in marrying him.

You talk as if everyone is destined to become wealthy, if so, why are widows suffering and why are there poor people. Let's be realistic here. People aren't clueless because they couldn't get money in life.

Allow him to wait for his life to happen. He can't force things that don't come to him or do you think wheel barrow pushers don't fight for financial freedom, though it may never come? If they die and their widows suffer, they aren't clueless.

If his brother doesn't want him, he can leave for him. Everyone is a tenant in the life of another person while they wait for their lives to happen, not always physically. Not everyone is fortunate, no matter how much they struggle. Let's be realistic again.

He helped his brother, but refused to help himself........... cheesy

A man shall cleave unto his wife............. wink Not to his brother........

3 Likes

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by pocohantas(f): 8:27am On Feb 17, 2021
folake4u:

Poco! I've missed your comments for a while.

Where have you been, sis? cheesy. Another holidaying again? wink.

One extremely useless alfa male crossed my path as usual, as I reply am- small reply o, ban. Though the ban expired days ago, na just the OP matter annoy me to comment. As for the alfa male, trap wey I set for am be like the one wey OP SIL set for kitchen grin. I missed you too nne, I always with you. kiss kiss

Toks2008:

Go back and read her post. ''She shouted back at her because she was ranting...''

Was that not suggestive that the sister in question is rude? So the caveat is disrespect. IF any of my sister disrespects my wife then she may have to look for another place to stay.

Me and my wife are one so a disrespect to my wife is an automatic disrespect to me. If my wife offends her, she ought to calm down and report to me then I handle the case.

I wonder why they are conveniently ignoring that part. Would we be having this argument if Op was a female and had same issue with the sister’s husband, let alone talking back at him?

By the way, na him o. We ladies no dey mumu like this abeg. grin grin

kense88:
wink getting worked up over food, while her mates are working hard to be the next okonjo iweala

OP’s mates are also working hard to be the next Zuckerberg, if they are not already Zuckerbergs. He is there exchanging words with his brother’s wife. Nonsense EBSU boy.

3 Likes

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 17, 2021
Toks2008:

Are you saying in the course of growing up your younger ones never shouted back @ you, however i do get your point buh also know that your wife not waiting for you to return to fix the situation is a gross disrespect to your personality within your neighborhood, imagine passerby or neighbors seeing your younger one luggages outside ... its tarnishes your image as much as that of your wife, somehow your wife as extend her battle to your family, they may pretend & act cool,but they won't forgive her which is not favourable on the long run.
You & your wife are one, same as you & your family are blood, your wife can run away or get tired of you buh your family will always be there, lets apply wisdom

2 Likes

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by ume1000: 8:44am On Feb 17, 2021
Toks2008:

when two individuals quarrel. Always learn to put attachment aside

If you shout at your husband's brother he has every right to reciprocate

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Best1708(f): 8:44am On Feb 17, 2021
@Op,what's your relationship with the so called wife like before this cooking issues came up?
You can't hate her and expect her to tolerate you in her home.Once a woman is rightfully married,the home becomes hers.
When she threw out your things,you ought not to shout back at her,you're suppose to call your brother immediately, tell him the situation of things and excuse yourself till your brother returns.
I would love you to erase the entitlement mentality of we both struggled to achieve what he has,no wife will be happy having you rub that on her face occasionally.
I hate in-laws issues coz most of them don't know how to respect people's privacy, too much of entitlement mentality, it's why i don't allow overfamiliarity with any in-law both from my side or Hubby's side,I can't start what i can't finish. Try and get your own place and let the couple enjoy their privacy. I can't allow my siblings live with me,the same thing is applicable to my husband, in-laws war doesn't finish quickly it's better it's avoided.

4 Likes

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Cheeryfeet: 8:47am On Feb 17, 2021
Teleprompter:
Are you make or female ?

If you are female, it is so wrong of you to serve a make friend without permission and if you are a male, it is still wrong but not as wrong as the previous.

A cultured woman who respects her husband would not react the way she did packing your belongings and locking the door. She has no regard for her husband even if she is paying the rent, she does not need to act that way.

For you as a person, learn to respect boundaries. Even if your brother owes all his wealth to you, you must not be flaunting that to third parties.

Let's hear how your brother reacted when he found out about this.

It's true o what you said, but this is just the tip, she has been angry with him/her for a while now, probably has been telling her husband behind the scenes this person has to leave but he is dragging, who knows. Entering the kitchen to cook for your friend doesn't sound right, that is a married woman's kingdom, she deserves some respect even though it's your brothers house. Shouting back at her was off limit no matter what she did, at Lea wait for your brother to come back then you report to him, staying in that house is simply trying to break a home in the name of it's my brother's house. Ok come to think of it, who do we expect the poor man to stand with, his beloved wife or his tried and tested sibling?
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by annyberry: 8:47am On Feb 17, 2021
kense88:
kitchen they will stop making use of, after few years of marriage
I AM TELLING U.

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 17, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Which Abuja girl o...... tongue

Like Abacha would say...... ' you avoid me, you avoid dollars'........ So friend's and family wey avoid me, I go use their money chop peppersoup......... cheesy

Ahh you don forget grin NL don try 4 your life o! we almost sent poco over to ensure yu don't do high jumping then grin
however you no dey disappoint the usual money talk, mr lexus be calmin down no be only yourside rain dey fall,hmm ! as long as your family & friends get God dem go chop grin
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by freetheking: 8:55am On Feb 17, 2021
kense88:
They don't tolerate anything from the husbands family period. As for the op, just look for a new house. You can't stay with them
I agree with you if he has a means of getting his own apartment better. We have good wife's that See's her husband family as hers but the bad ones..... you know the rest.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Okwyjesus(m): 8:58am On Feb 17, 2021
iamGholdaniel:
I am angry right now,
My brother’s wife is so full of pain, whenever she sight me.
I don’t know where this hatred is coming from, today she did worst than before.
a male friend visited, and I went to the kitchen to cook and serve him.

After my friend left she started ranting, and I shouted back at her.

She packed out my belongings , and she started throwing my bags and other stuffs outside.
She locked the house entrance and left with the keys

I decided to stay calm and wait for my brother to come back.

Because everything my brother own, we both struggled for it.
Your change will begin the moment your reasoning changes.

Leave your brother's house and leave the wife alone.

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by pocohantas(f): 8:59am On Feb 17, 2021
ume1000:
when two individuals quarrel. Always learn to put attachment aside

If you shout at your husband's brother he has every right to reciprocate

And reciprocating continued till she threw him out. Now what are you going to do about it? That is apart from ranting all over Nairaland. cheesy

Lexusgs430:

He helped his brother, but refused to help himself........... cheesy

A man shall cleave unto his wife............. wink Not to his brother........

Help indeed. What exactly did an undergraduate EBSU boy “help” with? He helped his brother yet he can’t help himself. Toor! My helper o, my helper... grin

3 Likes

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Joydan95: 9:10am On Feb 17, 2021
iamGholdaniel:
I am angry right now,

She packed out my belongings , and she started throwing my bags and other stuffs outside.

It is very wrong for you to have gone to her pot to serve her food to entertain your visitor without prior notice. She is married to your brother and that means you have boundaries in that house, don’t allow some people here deceive you that you did right.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by cricifixo: 9:10am On Feb 17, 2021
And the pv55y a55 nigga speaks again to announce his stupidity to the world.
A fool who will eventually give his brother authority over everything in his house including his wife.
Believe me bros, you are a complicated idi0t to deal with
ume1000:
so says the man who chase away his own flesh and blood for a blood sucking , arrogant and control freakish leach of a wife

Your username should be. I be simp

You are foolishness raised to the power of infinity
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by emmanuelbrown26: 9:11am On Feb 17, 2021
heniford2:
so true i had this friend of mine who got married to this witch of a lady it happened that this bitch cut off the family of this my friend and even us, she brain washed this dude on separate life without friends and family the dude was hopeless and you see she never did cut off her own family the gang up against my friend no one to help it was him and the lady family the funny part was the butch of a lady family is not that rich nor stable she just want to take away one peaceful family apart this dude was going into different stuff financial break down emotional torn apart no one to confine in nobody he slimed down was totally sick one day i saw him while driving jess i sheared tears i was like is this ugo i called him, to cut the story short dude was dying we talked,gist and drink beer i saw life in him again he told me that for the past 9years he has black listed his family blah blah, i asked him why? did your family members did something wrong to you he said no so why i asked him even in our social club of friends you stop coming we checked on him and he told us his not interested again his married we talked i asked him to call his mom there which he did and his brother check on them too he went home told his wife he meet a friend of his see problem his wife took his phone and called me warning me never to call his husband again nor go out with him that was when fire burst out, i a no nonsense beast made up my mind to be going out with husband my friend
Don't worry baba, your reward is in Heaven, u see I only blame his brother, see na hand wey man give woman na en the woman dey use. So unfortunate that we don't HV men this day, what we HV now is simps all over. I HV met many married simps, what u discussed is what most are suffering today. I hate SIMPs they are the ones giving bitches upper hand. God go punish any bitch that will separate my family from me

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Joydan95: 9:11am On Feb 17, 2021
iamGholdaniel:
I am angry right now,

It is very wrong for you to have gone to her pot to serve her food to entertain your visitor without prior notice. She is married to your brother and that means you have boundaries in that house, don’t allow some people here deceive you that you did right.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by anonymous1759(m): 9:11am On Feb 17, 2021
Nwodosis:
Everything is your brother's own and both you worked for it? How?
My friend allow your brother's wife to enjoy her marriage, which right do you have to go and open a married woman's pot to serve not even yourself but a friend? You owe her an apology.

All these home breakers quoting me, that he cooked the food by himself. In whose kitchen and with whose authority? Most problems in marriage is from husband's parents and relations mostly if the man is the family ATM. Marrying a family breadwinner makes one an automatic Bad Wife in the hearts of the husband's family.

This is rubbish if it was her brother that cooked and serve his friend she might quarrel with him without her husband noticing and will never send him out. That's an 100% fact women can tolerate their families but won't do the same to the husbands, while we man try to tolerate our wives family because of the respect we've for her.

The wife in question don't have respect for the husband if she does she wouldn't have thrown his belongings out.
No body wishes to stay with with a married couple if not for condition.
We humans just take life too seriously what's even inside the kitchen something she'll die leave one day. Let's be nice to each other.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by NotFarFrom: 9:15am On Feb 17, 2021
ume1000:
her house because she open leg abi contribute financially to its errections

My Bros marriage entails more than just "opening leg" better work on this mentality before you marry so that you don't look at your wife like a slave.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Lexusgs430: 9:18am On Feb 17, 2021
pocohantas:

And reciprocating continued till she threw him out. Now what are you going to do about it? That is apart from ranting all over Nairaland. cheesy

Help indeed. What exactly did an undergraduate EBSU boy “help” with? He helped his brother yet he can’t help himself. Toor! My helper o, my helper... grin

Our helper ó..... Our helper..... Abi nah destiny helper......... grin
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 17, 2021
pocohantas:
Any Nigerian in-law that makes these two statements;

1: Calling a family house “MY BROTHER’S HOUSE”

2: Telling you how they suffered with their brother before you came in...

Is most likely a very troublesome, disrespectful, entitled, egoistic, irrational, unmanageable and petty in-law.

OP used those two statements with so much effrontery. Tells a lot about him. Anyone supporting you should take you in and you try that nonsense with their wives, let’s see how many days you last there.

Make no mistakes, the problem is not the pot or the kitchen, that was just a trap and you fell into it. After all, she knew you wouldn’t come into her room or try to touch her butt. So, she waited for you in the kitchen.

After taking tramadol with your U-27 friends, you come home and start rubbing shoulders with her. You must be sick in the head.

Submit to your brother’s wife and control that your sharp mouth.
I wish I had an aunty like this, na laugh I go de laugh everyday. Seriously, who would dare to leave in their brothers house.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by ume1000: 9:22am On Feb 17, 2021
cricifixo:
And the Womanliness a55 nigga speaks again to announce his stupidity to the world.
A fool who will eventually give his brother authority over everything in his house including his wife.
Believe me bros, you are a complicated idi0t to deal with
I don't worship women like u do

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Lexusgs430: 9:22am On Feb 17, 2021
MLTR:

Ahh you don forget grin NL don try 4 your life o! we almost sent poco over to ensure yu don't do high jumping then grin
however you no dey disappoint the usual money talk, mr lexus be calmin down no be only yourside rain dey fall,hmm ! as long as your family & friends get God dem go chop grin

Rain go fall for everyone head....... Just step out from under roof.........

Poco or others got nothing on me....... tongue
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by anonymous1759(m): 9:24am On Feb 17, 2021
mariahAngel:

Don't ruin your brother's marriage! Period!

If the op were meant to be the wife's brother would she have thrown him out? The lady in question lacks respect for her husband period .

If you're a man And your wife takes this kind of decision In your presence you need to switch private parts your authority is questionable.
I can't throw out my wife's family without her consent because of the respect I've for her.

God please bless everyone to save someone from the public embarrassment.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by ume1000: 9:26am On Feb 17, 2021
NotFarFrom:

My Bros marriage entails more than just "opening leg" better work on this mentality before you marry so that you don't look at your wife like a slave.
she would be regard according to her maturity and financial contribution to the home

And throwing my brother out of the house is got totally out of line

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

She Discovered Her Husband Is A Gay, Now This Is Happening / Ladies: How True Is This? (photo) / Woman Took Her Drunk Husband To A Mortuary To Teach Him A Lesson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.