Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? (54195 Views)

I Caught My Brother’s Wife Having Sex With Another Man In Their Sitting Room / My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night / Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Lexusgs430: 11:48am On Feb 17, 2021
MLTR:

Do us a favour and save the confession till poco finish are sentence, exclusively coverage to ashewo thread.

Even Apostle Suleman, could not avoid extra chunkies....... grin
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by mariahAngel(f): 11:54am On Feb 17, 2021
anonymous1759:

If the op were meant to be the wife's brother would she have thrown him out? The lady in question lacks respect for her husband period .

If you're a man And your wife takes this kind of decision In your presence you need to switch private parts your authority is questionable.
I can't throw out my wife's family without her consent because of the respect I've for her.

God please bless everyone to save someone from the public embarrassment.

I'm not saying what the brother's wife did was right, what I'm saying is that the guy did not respect himself.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by pocohantas(f): 12:01pm On Feb 17, 2021
bukhety:

I followed you on nairaland for a reason. May your wisdom never fade!

Amin o. kiss

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Jsaviour(f): 12:02pm On Feb 17, 2021
iamGholdaniel:
I am angry right now,
My brother’s wife is so full of pain, whenever she sight me.
I don’t know where this hatred is coming from, today she did worst than before.
a male friend visited, and I went to the kitchen to cook and serve him.

After my friend left she started ranting, and I shouted back at her.

She packed out my belongings , and she started throwing my bags and other stuffs outside.
She locked the house entrance and left with the keys

I decided to stay calm and wait for my brother to come back.

Because everything my brother own, we both struggled for it.

You shouted back at her?

In her house?

I hope you know you are just a visitor to that house?

Anyway, most Nigerians don't know what privacy is.

If you like be forming entitlement mentality on top another man's house.

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by NikAustine: 12:08pm On Feb 17, 2021
NoToPile:

grin grin grin

If you understand the dynamics of marriage ehn, you will also understand that you can eventually become the bad guy instead of her should such scenario happen.

All these can be avoided if guests respect themselves and respect their brothers wives but no they won't and some women no send you at all.

That aside

My mum always told me that if I want to receive favor from the man that has only a wife, I should never fight with his wife.

My cousins don't respect my cousins wife they even transferred the hate to their children. Imagine a 17 year old child talking badly about a woman that should be in her late 40s. They will go to her house and start commanding even went as far as saying its their late mother ( my mums sister ) that is supposed to be enjoying what she is enjoying cheesy .Na she kill their mama?

When she had her last born about 12yrs back,they went for naming and expected her to be at their beck and call, serving them up and down. One of my other cousins( not from their own mother) was even telling them to help may, they said lailai ooo he should come and carry their hands.

Me I kuku dey go their house respect myself, despite they have house help I will show up for kitchen and ask what are we eating etc. she likes me ehn, when I was still in school after my cousin settle me with cash she sef will give me cash, cheesy. Always asking when I will come visit. When I got married she played a very active role, when I had my baby nko she made sure she got to my place despite the distance.

Till date she and her husband siblings are just enduring themselves, my mum had always asked them what did she do to you people? No answer.They just hate her I think.
I think her offence was she married their brother and these my cousins are married women ooo not that they even live together with my cousin and his wife.

The day she broke down and told me she didn't know what she did to her husband siblings that when they were still in a rented apartment they were all fine, she said her problem started when they moved to their own home that was when they started frustrating her. I couldn't say anything because I know its true.

My cousins even accused my mum of going to this our wife's house that what is she going to do there blablabla. Mumsie said its you people that will never respect yourself, You hate your brothers wife you want me to hate her too kolewerk.

When in-laws want to be troublesome they will defy all forms of reason, these ones are my blood cousins oppressing their brothers wife for no reason we have talked and talked they should change their ways lailai they no gree.

Sometimes I wish she was someone like the OP who will show them small pepper just small like this.

When you carry that our brothers house mentality to act to his wife you are brewing trouble and the end result depends on the temperament of the wife. The OPs bros wife no send anybody.
Bro your brother's wife was good and didn't try to throw her husband sibling(s) out of the house so they had no right or reasons for hating her.
but this one, I'm sure if the mother hear of it, she will have a reason. what if after threw him out and he left and something bad happen to him what will she say?
You're actually supporting the evil she did with isn't right and yes you see as those siblings made life hard for your brother's wife, imagine if their mother had Join in hating her. how e for dey?
So this lady should be careful fa. because na small thing dey cause those stuffs
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by folake4u(f): 12:10pm On Feb 17, 2021
pocohantas:

One extremely useless alfa male crossed my path as usual, as I reply am- small reply o, ban. Though the ban expired days ago, na just the OP matter annoy me to comment. As for the alfa male, trap wey I set for am be like the one wey OP SIL set for kitchen grin. I missed you too nne, I always with you. kiss kiss

NL boys like to dey hawk your matter like gala seller sef grin grin.
OP sef nor get sense too sad.

Yessssssss oh, I missed you more cheesy cheesy.
Welcome back Mamacita!

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by NikAustine: 12:12pm On Feb 17, 2021
NovusHomo:

I reacted to the post. Their family dynamics is not my problem.
Years but the truth is that every Nigeria family has same Dynamics especially when the a sibling(blood) is involved.. Some might be logical but women aren't always logical when it comes to their kids. so imagine what the woman(mother) will do when she hears that her son's wife threw out her other son? I'm pretty sure e no go to good for her for that house
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by pocohantas(f): 12:12pm On Feb 17, 2021
folake4u:

NL boys like to dey hawk your matter like gala seller sef grin grin.
OP sef nor get sense too sad.

Yessssssss oh, I missed you more cheesy cheesy.
Welcome back Mamacita!

E dey im lane for now, because another 10yrs go end am. I think say e no dey fear. grin

OP is a very silly boy. I just dey imagine as all im gragra end for outside with bis bag. Hahahahaha What did you cook, I am hungry biko. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by NikAustine: 12:13pm On Feb 17, 2021
NovusHomo:

I reacted to the post. Their family dynamics is not my problem.
Years but the truth is that every Nigeria family has same Dynamics especially when the a sibling(blood) is involved.. Some might be logical but women aren't always logical when it comes to their kids. so imagine what the woman(mother) will do when she hears that her son's wife threw out her other son? I'm pretty sure e no go to good for her for that house that's just the truth you guys are refusing to understand.
It not entirely her house. tomorrow she might need the same brother she just threw out for something but now she has burnt the bridge
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by folake4u(f): 12:15pm On Feb 17, 2021
pocohantas:

E dey im lane for now, e know say another 10yrs go end am. I think say e no dey fear. grin

OP is a very silly boy. I just dey imagine as all im gragra end for outside with bis bag. Hahahahaha What did you cook, I am hungry biko. embarassed

Make them give am 600 years jor, so that he go open new account dey derail and rant your threads, e nor dey pass that one. Typical lots! cheesy.

OP has been a very silly boy.

Lol, I didn't cook anything oh. I've gone back to school. Currently in class sef tongue.

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by descarado: 12:26pm On Feb 17, 2021
When will Nigerians start seeing their 'brothers wife' as part of their brother and not an acquired posession?

Thanks to our major religions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Toks2008(m): 12:36pm On Feb 17, 2021
ume1000:
when two individuals quarrel. Always learn to put attachment aside

If you shout at your husband's brother he has every right to reciprocate

Not in Yoruba culture.

The wife respects my siblings and viseversa but in the case where a wife misbehaves, such is reported not confronted.

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by seanwilliam(m): 12:44pm On Feb 17, 2021
userlucky:
Small boy thinking,u will still grow.
baba I no be small boy .. you’re not me..
I will love my woman but doesn’t mean I will tolerate foolishness .. why would my wife disrespect my brother or mom or sister ( even if they are evil )?

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by TruthinAction: 12:57pm On Feb 17, 2021
franchasng:
Unless they are poor, struggling and living in a very compacted apartment, there is nothing wrong in it.

He respected her by not giving his friend the food she cooked by herself.

I am married. In my house, we encourage visiting family members and friends to go to the kitchen and serve themselves than waiting for a house help or anybody to serve you, go and serve yourself and also wash the dish when you are done.

I see no crime here that woman is a bitter woman, he doesn't like the presence of her brother-in-law, simple. The guy should leave the house and not fight her. If his hands is clean, God will fight for him and shock that woman

I understand you. But most women don't like it. When you are in Rome, behave like a Roman. You must study your environment and adapt to it. If your own house is free for all to enter the kitchen, it's not the same for others.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Foxie: 1:08pm On Feb 17, 2021
pocohantas:

And reciprocating continued till she threw him out. Now what are you going to do about it? That is apart from ranting all over Nairaland. cheesy

Help indeed. What exactly did an undergraduate EBSU boy “help” with? He helped his brother yet he can’t help himself. Toor! My helper o, my helper... grin
I was wondering why most of everyone here could believe that an undergraduate yet to stand on his feet could claim he helped his elder brother to acquire almost everything he has, I find it really ridiculous.
I didn't want to say anything regarding this issue, because I'm experiencing same with an in-law who has no regard for me, not minding the fact that she's leaving under my roof. But I'm just keeping my cool, coz I know someday she'd get married... all I see here is OP's sense of entitlement which some in-law's from the husband side have.

2 Likes

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by EUEA: 1:38pm On Feb 17, 2021
she's not right.jst b c0k
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by kennethfranc(m): 2:45pm On Feb 17, 2021
Lord bless me with a wife that will Love my family despite being the Firstborn
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by junique629(f): 2:55pm On Feb 17, 2021
You get brain, you just spoke my mind,op has been overstepping his bounds with this his entitlement mentality,
aroundtheearth:
For her to throw his things out, OP must have been causing wahala for the woman in the house. It's easy for him to paint her bad but no one knows what she has been enduring. It's obvious from his words "because everything my brother own, we both struggled for it" he has entitlement mentality in the house, isn't allowing her to enjoy her home or marriage in peace because he thinks he should be living there, and who knows what he has been saying to her. In this part of the word, if the law gets involved in such situation OP would be in the wrong.

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Jeffy1206(m): 2:58pm On Feb 17, 2021
Nellsworld:

Bros it has happened in my family, my mum's dad and his brother were staying together, my grandfather 's sister in law was giving that sign of warning, cos issues up on issues, this is a house that my grandfather and his brother built together, she saw my grandfather and his family as a threat and poisoned my grandfather and grandmother, living my mum and her siblings orphans, they were forced to leave for lagos to their cousins home, he should better leave, a lady that has dat mind to chase the op out can do and undo
at least we agreed on the thing that the woman is wicked... However, you made it sound at first like he has no right or whatsoever to the house.
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by lilianaghanti: 3:09pm On Feb 17, 2021
Oga why would u be living with ur brother? Go and hustle and rent a room. She even tolerated u and u crossed boundaries. U had no right to enter her kitchen and cook. Home breaker

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 17, 2021
Foxie:
I was wondering why most of everyone here could believe that an undergraduate yet to stand on his feet could claim he helped his elder brother to acquire almost everything he has, I find it really ridiculous.
I didn't want to say anything regarding this issue, because I'm experiencing same with an in-law who has no regard for me, not minding the fact that she's leaving under my roof. But I'm just keeping my cool, coz I know someday she'd get married... all I see here is OP's sense of entitlement which some in-law's from the husband side have.

Family have right to there son just as much as a wife, got nothing to do with entitlement.
Yoruba adage says you can't hate a mother and claim you love her child, if you love your hubby you will try as much as possible to tolerate his blood because @ the end of the day if anything goes wrong those are the people that wil come around. girls should start thinking

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by ImaIma1(f): 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2021
freetheking:
I'm so sorry that she throw your belongings out of the house of which I know it's not good. Secondly,you did not behave well by going to her pot without her concent. Let me tell you this and every other person reading thread, there are two things that women don't tolerate.

(1) Going to her pot without her concent.

(2) Interfering in the matter that concerns her and her husband.
You will be a good brother in-law or sister in-law.

Some inlaws don't understand this. They feel it's their brother's house and they were there before the wife. So they have more rights in the house.

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by pocohantas(f): 3:57pm On Feb 17, 2021
Foxie:

He contributed brotherhood na. Ever wondered why they never take this nonsense to their sisters houses? They know themselves, men do not take insults lightly. Men that will beat their wives and say because she ran her mouth. Did they not also suffer with their sisters? They should go to her house and talk back at her husband na, let’s see of both them and the sister won’t get thrown put the next second. Entitled incorrigible lots. cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by fabolouz1(m): 4:24pm On Feb 17, 2021
You cooked for your male friend in your brother's house?
You talked back at your brother's wife ...
You were wrong in both instances and she has the Right to throw you out.
She's your brother's wife, whatever he owns is also hers.

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by sazdon: 4:30pm On Feb 17, 2021
[quote authorYou never see anything �
Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by winner37(m): 4:50pm On Feb 17, 2021
Brother, go and start your own life ,how is your brother and how old are you ?
She has the right to do what ever she wants, how long will you keep living with your brother ?

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by ehirosplusbiz(m): 5:30pm On Feb 17, 2021
You are not your brother..

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by kwasoly(m): 5:33pm On Feb 17, 2021
iamGholdaniel:
I am angry right now,
My brother’s wife is so full of pain, whenever she sight me.
I don’t know where this hatred is coming from, today she did worst than before.
a male friend visited, and I went to the kitchen to cook and serve him.

After my friend left she started ranting, and I shouted back at her.

She packed out my belongings , and she started throwing my bags and other stuffs outside.
She locked the house entrance and left with the keys

I decided to stay calm and wait for my brother to come back.

Because everything my brother own, we both struggled for it.

Children dn plenty for here I will quit nairaland for them. A man shall leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife, that's the right she has. You na visitor now incase you forgot.

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by lovethchioma(f): 6:35pm On Feb 17, 2021
MLTR:

If the house belongs to man and wife equally how come it women that get thrown out, upon divorce how come its a woman that will pack her luggage to leave.
Between tonto dickeh & her MIL who still have access to churchhill properties today ... thread with wisdom
It is because those women do not know the place of the Law in this matter.

They are the ones that want to leave na. You can't throw a woman legally married to you just like that. In the case of Tonto Dike, she left because she wanted to. House wasn't her problem, peace of mind was.

Tiwa Savage threw her husband out of the house. Women throw men out of the house too. Depending on who bought the land.

Let's not talk about who throws who out. That's not my point.

The point is, once you're legally married, you co-own every property with your partner. Especially the ones you had while married to them. And in the case of divorce, it must be shared equally.

Women allow themselves to be cheated in this country... that's why you people make statements like "husband house." Which husband house? Is the woman a visitor in her own home?

1 Like

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by mistashevy: 6:48pm On Feb 17, 2021
firstly i believe every story have two sides, so we only know your side of the story and we cant have correct view of the this story. but my understanding is mutual understanding is missing and she could behave in such manner with you it shows that you have been having unresolved issues before then. in as mush as we have evil wives who do not enjoy her husband family around her we also have silly families who fails to understand their limit in other people marital house. i have similar instance between my wife and my younger brother. i called my wife and let her know the house belongs to her and she should not allow anyone to destroy her happiness and one thing for sure is my brother is very important to me as well she should just try and tolerate him sooner or later he will leave our house and start his own family. at the other hand i called my brother and gave him beating of his life and let him understand he must accord the same respect he have for me to my wife and once in a while we do family bonding like playing games together and going outing together.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? by bukatyne(f): 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2021
descarado:
When will Nigerians start seeing their 'brothers wife' as part of their brother and not an acquired posession?

Thanks to our major religions.

Christianity clearly teaches leaving and cleaving.

Problem is that most of the women shouting leaving and cleaving here are just like men who shout submission:

They pick the side of the Bible that suits them for their selfish agendas.

Neither of them have the characteristics expected of a Christian. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Married Only: How Often Do You Ask Your Partner For Sex? / Man Loses Custody Of His Children Who Were Caught Watching Porn In Lagos. Photos / TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.