Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? (17678 Views)

What's The Funniest Thing You've Heard From A Child? / The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady / What's The Best Gift You've Ever Received Either From Family Or Friends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by hamtabfawaz(m): 10:57am On Feb 18, 2021
Juliearth:

While your thought is valid, I will still have to maintain my stand point. This is an anonymous platform and as such, whatever you share here cannot be linked to you in any way. Need I also say that the left hand/right hand ideology is quite misunderstood. Both hands are linked to your body. In other words, the left hand signifies family, friends, associates and so on and not anonymous people on an anonymous platform.

Nairaland An Anonymous Platform?
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by 7victor(m): 10:58am On Feb 18, 2021
They are numerous.

The main ingredient in any selfless act is Love.

We must do good not because of any reason, but because we love the person we are helping.

The Bible says even if you give all your money to the poor, but you have no love, you have done nothing.

It means someone can do good to others with no love in his or her heart.

We must do good with love in our hearts for the person we are doing good to.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Sixfeetbelle: 10:59am On Feb 18, 2021
LordKO:
I had used the first eleven years of my prosperous independent economic life to proudly serve humanity in a selfless and voluntary slavery manner, and it taught me invaluable lessons that have made me know almost everything about the people of different leanings and shaped my philosophy about life, people, and everything. It is such a bitter-sweet experience.

I'm confused

What exactly did you do?
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Apination(m): 11:04am On Feb 18, 2021
December 24, 2020. An accident happened in front of me around 9 pm. I damned the consequences when everyone was waiting around doing nothing, stooped keke, rushed him to the hospital where I got rejected in about 5 of them before getting to the 6th one where he got treated. Stayed with him till morning the next day, before going to look for a means to contact his people from the wreckage. Long story short, he's alive. And that was how I spent my Christmas

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Incognito403: 11:06am On Feb 18, 2021
SegFault:
Rubbish question, there's no such thing as selflessness, you'll still gain something in the end.
If an anonymous person posts their account on NL and I transfer some money to them, how have I gained from it?

3 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by emerged01(m): 11:08am On Feb 18, 2021
I saw a malnourished baby,OverTwo years old. he couldn’t sit nor walk. I was moved to tears and I tried to know more about the baby. I was told his mother died at childbirth. I promised the guardian baby food monthly even at a time my wife just gave birth. I did it for a year. Just two months of the baby food supplies,the baby regained his strength. The guardian called me one day and said I need to see the baby. He started walking just after two months of supplies.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by skyfaze(m): 11:08am On Feb 18, 2021
I was transferring 10% of my salary every month to my company's cleaner account to assist her because she was earning a stipend as salary.

The 10% Was my own way of paying my tithe.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by tillaman(m): 11:15am On Feb 18, 2021
Pricelessruby:
Being selfless is between me and God, I don't like saying what I did for people, is like letting the whole world know, what the reward in that angry
you are indeed a pricelessruby
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Jakama90(m): 11:17am On Feb 18, 2021
Bought a paint of rice, tin tomatoes and groundnut oil: gave it to a woman. Later she came thanking that as if I know that they do not have food to eat tonight.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Sandrafy(f): 11:18am On Feb 18, 2021
It’s uncountable. But the one that makes me smile is this... a couple of months ago , I was broke, Really broke I had just 30k in my account and there was just so many expenses to be made and that money won’t even sort a quater of my bills. I decided to cash out the 30k using pos on my way back . Note , I dont live around that exact pos location . When I came in the pos operator was fast asleep I quickly tapped him and the transaction was made. I got home and realized that he debited 3k instead of 30k. Well , I went back the next day, he was not around when I got there. After about 10mins He came in, he didn’t really recognize me and he had bruises. He told me to go to the next pos unit that his is unavailable for the day. Well , I told him that I was there to return the money. This guy got on his knees and thanked me ! He kept shouting, thanking and blessing me people from same shopping unit joined him. It turned out that his oga beat him to a pulp

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by dMetalist(m): 11:22am On Feb 18, 2021
I pump water everyday....with my generator and my fuel for my tenant everyday

7 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by oobinna: 11:23am On Feb 18, 2021
I have gone out of my way to serve this country. NYSC

I have signed guarantor form for a stranger.

I have paid 400k for fibroid surgery for a sister. In fact i have lost counts

8 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by olisefom: 11:25am On Feb 18, 2021
I was working in this big organisation as a contract staff but despite my earnings, I discovered some people (cleaners) were been paid ridiculous amount (around 18k). I told the canteen woman to be giving the cleaners daily meal of not more than N200 per day for five of them...this lasted for more than one year till I could no longer carry it. 2017 precisely.

14 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Jesuisbelle(f): 11:27am On Feb 18, 2021
Taking care of a friend in the most desperate need. Helping her to recover from an injury and nurture her back a healthy state. I am happy to see that she is well again and can do all normal task in her daily life. Of course I do not expect any thing in return for what I had done. I only wish her all the best in her future life to be healthy.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Newdawn123: 11:30am On Feb 18, 2021
I gave out my Neco exams money to a friend who couldn't pay for his Waec fee after I had paid for mine.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by omojesu202(m): 11:31am On Feb 18, 2021
Fahdiga:
Shining a woman's kondo for free
which day u want get sense now
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by omenka(m): 11:34am On Feb 18, 2021
Paid the fees of a little girl I saw hawking in the streets. Felt she had no business doing that but rather should be in school.

Helped random accident victims to the hospital even when commuters and the convoy of a politician were passing by without stopping.

Brought yams from the village and distributed to some women selling groundnuts and banana by the roadside.

Helped to secure agro business Grant's for 10 youths who were interested in farming.

Gave job slots that were given me by a governorship aspirant to four persons I've never met in my life. Not a very good job though. Just 50k salary.

Think these ones were most significant to me.

11 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by HacheNoire: 11:34am On Feb 18, 2021
Friend had no appetite for a week so I had to help him all the dishes his mum sent to him. But bought him beverages to keep in shape.

His mum is a caring and good cook.

Can't wait for him to lose his appetite again

3 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by onulakak(m): 11:35am On Feb 18, 2021
Was having only 4k in my account. A friend of mine called that he needed the 5k to pay foe admision fee for his mum in hospital. i sent him the entire 4k, then treked home from work. the next day someone owing me 150k for 2 years sent me the money .

22 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 18, 2021
And what do most selfless get in return,,,, especially when they're in need of assistance? None

I'm beginning to change my belief, orientation, nature or thinking. Looks like only our parents deserve it. Many don't really care about your existence.

Ore o kuku ni su wa lati maa se

1 Like

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Pricelessruby(f): 11:43am On Feb 18, 2021
smiley Thanks
tillaman:
you are indeed a pricelessruby

1 Like

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by tillaman(m): 11:47am On Feb 18, 2021
Pricelessruby:
smiley Thanks
i love women who put on glasses

2 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by highness25(m): 11:48am On Feb 18, 2021
Marayesa1:
Hello Nairalander
Times without numbers we've gone out of our ways to render some act of kindness to people to people around us. It could be a member of our family, a total stranger or your colleagues at the office. Most time these acts are done without any interior motive or personal gain.

That's bring me to the question " What selfless act have you render for anyone without any hidden motives?. I will be looking out for your responses.
Serving this country in a typical village during my NYSC last year. Only those who served in most villages knows what I mean.
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by AlmaIganishire: 11:49am On Feb 18, 2021
FCMB has to be the most selfless bank I have ever seen.
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by tafat: 11:49am On Feb 18, 2021
helping is really cool, comes attached with its blessings
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Pricelessruby(f): 11:50am On Feb 18, 2021
Thanks
tillaman:
i love women who put on glasses
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by ElValiente(m): 11:56am On Feb 18, 2021
Coming from Abuja going to Lagos. Saw this lady with twins about 2 years old. Two baby girls. I took one she cried I took the other one she smiled. Lo and behold. She sat on my lap from Jabi to Oshodi. Why a cuties. I was happy and just smiling home. It feels great.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by banmee(m): 11:56am On Feb 18, 2021
Don't know if it's the most selfless thing i've ever done but about 2 weeks ago, i went to buy some things from our local store and this woman walked up to me and straight up said she was hungry. I don't know why but I just felt so sorry for her. I reached into my wallet to give her some cash but she stopped me and said to just buy her anything I wanted. I took her to the store and told her to just grab whatever she wanted. Funny thing is she only grabbed a salad box and a couple of fruits. Weird.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 18, 2021
egoldman:
Spent about 200k on people I don't know till today online during the lockdown, about 75% of it on Nairaland.

Some of them are still asking for more, I lock up,things don hard, me sef need who go give me undecided

May God continue to bless and replenish you in every area you place expectations on
Amen
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by adanny01(m): 11:57am On Feb 18, 2021
GindoX:

Bro, delete this. Enough of those that has read it... Delete am bro...

I see nothing wrong in this action, this is a faceless forum.

Reading this thread makes me feel like I've not done anything. I am sure a lot of people are encouraged By the selfless actions of testimonies here.
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by ikorodureporta: 12:00pm On Feb 18, 2021
I'm doing mine with an NGO

Its really fun helping the needy

1 Like

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by enoch273: 12:00pm On Feb 18, 2021
My selfless service have been to kids, most especially those children hawking, and I pray God bless us to be able to do more just the way FCMB ve rendered selfless services since the pandemic and recently anonymously gifting influencers with #ATokenOfLove for the val.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons About Women. / A Toddler Smoking On Easter Sunday (Pictures) / Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.