Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? (17681 Views)

What's The Funniest Thing You've Heard From A Child? / The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady / What's The Best Gift You've Ever Received Either From Family Or Friends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by tchidi066(f): 2:22pm On Feb 18, 2021
I've done quite a lot, gave my bestie some money to sort out issues at school, even when it was the only savings I had then, don't want to go on mentioning others, i only ask Gods favour around me, so i can help my loved ones in need

2 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Sandrafy(f): 2:32pm On Feb 18, 2021
PotatoSalad:
Helped a friend robbed by one chance.
Helped her call her bank to block her cards. Gave her 5k, a phone and let her crash the night cos she was pretty shook up and couldn't talk.

Well...
Spent about a month in the hospital and told her. Same town, she only called once, never visited nor reached out...

Instead of returning my phone, she sold it. angry Not all humans.

It is what it is lol

If this happened now, God knows I won't even try am. Human beings don't really deserve love though.
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by SirWhiteFish: 2:35pm On Feb 18, 2021
When I was very young. Just through with my Olevel. There was this woman that gave birth to triplets and the husband vanished into thin air. The husband was a bike man

I used to give the woman raw food and some times milk. When I look back, I don't even know how I always had money to buy her milk but the raw food came from my mother's food stuffs

Another one was when I saw a woman backing her crying baby and holding another girl in her hand. She told me that they haven't eaten anything since morning. She was very shy to tell me
I had to part with 350 out of the 500 I had that day. It was in my presence she went and bought bread and akara. Sometimes I still see the Woman and feel pity. The country isn't in good shape

3 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Supetheboys: 2:37pm On Feb 18, 2021
back then in school(boarding)a boy in primary 2 I think missed his meal cos he came late and I gave him mine.
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by ReneJay(f): 3:10pm On Feb 18, 2021
MansoryMX:

Sorry I had a laugh
LOL
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by MansoryMX(m): 3:11pm On Feb 18, 2021
ReneJay:
LOL

The Lord is your strength
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Bwilliam(m): 3:14pm On Feb 18, 2021
Is this post trying to replace heavenly reward with earthly praises?

Do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Gerrard59(m): 3:17pm On Feb 18, 2021
mariahAngel:

Did you have problem with maths before?

Yes, I didn't have a good maths teacher in secondary school and this affected me during job search in terms of aptitude tests. I had to re-learn secondary school maths to break through.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Juliearth(f): 3:40pm On Feb 18, 2021
SmartyPants:

No. The import of the right hand-left hand analogy is that the two hands are obviously so close, so in keeping what you have done for others to yourself, it must be so closely guarded that not even those who are close to you should know. This is as opposed to the idea that only those close to you should not know. Further, the reason is simply so that you do not bask in earthly applause, which you would do should you receive the praises of anonymous strangers.

Okay
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by davidafe(m): 4:00pm On Feb 18, 2021
A guy wanted stabbing my frnd, I intervened and ended up been stabbed instead.
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Polynek(m): 4:07pm On Feb 18, 2021
I sponsored one of my cousins to learn a tailoring skill. But she Leta broke my heart by getting pregnant 4 a non-entity. And She left the work.

1 Like

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by MediMedi(m): 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2021
Just today, I was on my way to Nsukka when I meet this disabled man patching some potholes on the road and @same time asking for money.

I don't have much but pity him......I said in my mind if I should be returning and meet him there I will drop something for him......it

Behold, he was there waving.
I dropped what my hand catch people in car start thanking me......

I felt I was just blessed

3 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 18, 2021
paying for my sister’s rent
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by qtguru(m): 4:38pm On Feb 18, 2021
The5DME:
cc: qtguru

I have done a lot of deeds on NL, like because i believe in people, but it feels odd to mention them, maybe na my yoruba humble upbringing. Those that know, know. Did you reach out to Aproko doctor ? how is she faring now ?
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by The5DME(m): 5:27pm On Feb 18, 2021
qtguru:

I have done a lot of deeds on NL, like because i believe in people, but it feels odd to mention them, maybe na my yoruba humble upbringing. Those that know, know. Did you reach out to Aproko doctor ? how is she faring now ?
did, but no reply. I really don't know how's she's doing now because we don't live in the same area. I only saw her pictures on someone's whatsapp.
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by hstar: 5:29pm On Feb 18, 2021
SegFault:

Your gain could be anything, it could be happiness, relief from pity, boost of pride and self confidence, like when you see a beggar on street, pity immediately holds you, if not for pity you can't give him anything, so when you give him some money you stop feeling pity and in a case where it is a life changing amount you feel joy that that person is happy because of you.
Correct
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by thelish(f): 5:50pm On Feb 18, 2021
Juliearth:

Emptying my account to run a charity course in December. I hope God blesses me so I can do the same in May.

Same here
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 18, 2021
SirWhiteFish:
When I was very young. Just through with my Olevel. There was this woman that gave birth to triplets and the husband vanished into thin air. The husband was a bike man

I used to give the woman raw food and some times milk. When I look back, I don't even know how I always had money to buy her milk but the raw food came from my mother's food stuffs

Another one was when I saw a woman backing her crying baby and holding another girl in her hand. She told me that they haven't eaten anything since morning. She was very shy to tell me
I had to part with 350 out of the 500 I had that day. It was in my presence she went and bought bread and akara. Sometimes I still see the Woman and feel pity. The country isn't in good shape
It's not about the country it's about foolish poor people who birth children when they are as poor as church rats.
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 18, 2021
Juliearth:

Emptying my account to run a charity course in December. I hope God blesses me so I can do the same in May.
How is this "selfless" when you expect a reward?
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by CzarChris(m): 5:58pm On Feb 18, 2021
I've done so many selfless things in my lifetime, most times out of naivety. Never got even a thank you in return 99% of the time, but doing good is a part of me that can never die. Either good or bad, I'll keep giving help if I can. God who sees in secret will reward me one day in the open Matthew 6:4.
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by JONSYN7154: 5:59pm On Feb 18, 2021
Apination:
December 24, 2020. An accident happened in front of me around 9 pm. I damned the consequences when everyone was waiting around doing nothing, stooped keke, rushed him to the hospital where I got rejected in about 5 of them before getting to the 6th one where he got treated. Stayed with him till morning the next day, before going to look for a means to contact his people from the wreckage. Long story short, he's alive. And that was how I spent my Christmas
God bless and reward you
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by JONSYN7154: 6:02pm On Feb 18, 2021
emerged01:
I saw a malnourished baby,OverTwo years old. he couldn’t sit nor walk. I was moved to tears and I tried to know more about the baby. I was told his mother died at childbirth. I promised the guardian baby food monthly even at a time my wife just gave birth. I did it for a year. Just two months of the baby food supplies,the baby regained his strength. The guardian called me one day and I said I need to see the baby. He started walking just after two months of supplies.
bountiful blessing await you. God bless u

1 Like

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by JONSYN7154: 6:07pm On Feb 18, 2021
onulakak:
Was having only 4k in my account. A friend of mine called that he needed the 5k to pay foe admision fee for his mum in hospital. i sent him the entire 4k, then treked home from work. the next day someone owing me 150k for 2 years sent me the money .
when you give your hand empty to receive. That's God blessing.
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by zakkyzakes: 6:14pm On Feb 18, 2021
qtguru:

i a'int asslicking,you're actually good no cap.
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by qtguru(m): 6:42pm On Feb 18, 2021
zakkyzakes:
No vex saw your calls, but strings of meetings, I will call tomorrow
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Shugafree(m): 7:29pm On Feb 18, 2021
banmee:
Don't know if it's the most selfless thing i've ever done but about 2 weeks ago, i went to buy some things from our local store and this woman walked up to me and straight up said she was hungry. I don't know why but I just felt so sorry for her. I reached into my wallet to give her some cash but she stopped me and said to just buy her anything I wanted. I took her to the store and and told her to just grab whatever she wanted. Funny thing is she only grabbed a salad box and a couple of fruits. Weird.

she wanted u and not yr money.
u didnt get the message
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by banmee(m): 7:46pm On Feb 18, 2021
Shugafree:

she wanted u and not yr money.
u didnt get the message

Definitely not. Everything doesn't have to be sexual or ulterior.
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by The5DME(m): 7:49pm On Feb 18, 2021
zakkyzakes:
how's the laptop bro?
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by zakkyzakes: 8:09pm On Feb 18, 2021
The5DME:
how's the laptop bro?
he's kinda busy have'nt recieved it yet buh hopefully this week.
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by zakkyzakes: 8:10pm On Feb 18, 2021
qtguru:
No vex saw your calls, but strings of meetings, I will call tomorrow
no problem sir.
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Frankcallys(m): 8:56pm On Feb 18, 2021
Last year, I gave all the food stock I bought for December to someone who couldn't afford. And I felt so happy about that when I saw him looking well fed 2 weeks afterwards
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by redcliff: 9:22pm On Feb 18, 2021
Tillatalk:
just for the fun eyin religious preacher

Lol. wetin u sabi cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons About Women. / A Toddler Smoking On Easter Sunday (Pictures) / Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.