Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? (17659 Views)

What's The Funniest Thing You've Heard From A Child? / The Selfless Service I Rendered To A Pregnant Lady / What's The Best Gift You've Ever Received Either From Family Or Friends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Corroro: 12:00pm On Feb 18, 2021
being selfless is really good, over the weekend some very selfless Nigerians were reached out to by FCMB through the #ATokenOfLove initiative, it was really wonderful.
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Olutola88(m): 12:07pm On Feb 18, 2021
Maxchu:
I suffered for 8 years looking for a Child ,I wasted and spent so much money with No result ,I was lucky to meet a Natural Therapist who gave me an Herbal Solution today I have two Children ,I met a Friend who had same Problem.od Child Bearing , Unfortunately his salary was nothing to write home about when I told him.about the Solution ,I used my Personal Money running into 80k to pay for the therapy and Logistics .Today this Couple tears of Infertility and Childlessness is over ,They have a boouncing baby Girl. Still Glad that I could be able to render such Selfless Help .
Hello, how are you are? Are you 100% sure that the therapy was very instrumental in your success and your friend's success?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Oiza131(f): 12:10pm On Feb 18, 2021
Back then in school, my friends had problem with understanding calculus... On our final exam, mat 403, we sat close to each other. The invigilation was strict but I still find my way to pass my answer booklet to one of them. The other passed to the other as I was collecting theirs to solve for them. I didn't even know who amongst them got to submit my booklet. I wanted all of us to graduate together, I don't know if it was worth the risk but thankfully, none of us got caught. One still spilled though, as I couldn't finish up before I submitted because I was getting too scared. The invigilator was already getting suspicious of me.

I also got sacked because I was fighting for the interest of my colleagues...
Many more though, that sometimes I wish people fight and care for me the way I do to them selflessly.

13 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by debbydams(f): 12:16pm On Feb 18, 2021
I v lost count, v done alot of things
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Hotguy27: 12:21pm On Feb 18, 2021
Marayesa1:
Hello Nairalander
Times without numbers we've gone out of our ways to render some act of kindness to people to people around us. It could be a member of our family, a total stranger or your colleagues at the office. Most time these acts are done without any interior motive or personal gain.

That's bring me to the question " What selfless act have you render for anyone without any hidden motives?. I will be looking out for your responses.

I was travelling on a lonely and dangerous road in the night, around 9pm and I saw 3 aged men travelling with a bike in opposite direction. Obviously, their fuel got finished and they became stranded and confused. About 10km from there, I got to a small village where I saw "a black market". I bought a gallon and fuel, then drove back and handed them over in that manner that we see people exchange hard drug on movies since I was afraid of them. They probably saw it as coming from God since they never expected it.

6 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by NiRfreak(m): 12:30pm On Feb 18, 2021
Too many to count... humanity is my way of life
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by JuIiusmalema: 12:30pm On Feb 18, 2021
Pricelessruby:
Thanks
can I drop a message via email?
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by ReneJay(f): 12:34pm On Feb 18, 2021
I gave out my good clothes to some church menbers i notice were not having nice clothes. hopefully i will replace then in a month or two.....doom i lost my job

1 Like

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by vincentjk(m): 12:36pm On Feb 18, 2021
As of last year, I bought meat for a widow to cook for her children and she was very thankful.

Gave out our shop to a woman for free, shop people are willing to pay any amount for but we did it for her because the other widow is very better than her financially upon she still has a husband. She will start paying from next year hopefully.

Sent money to a Facebook friend in ibadan when she told me she had heart failure last year, she keeps thanking me but it's okay. We've never met and I don't look forward to meeting her anytime soon even. (Yorubas are good people, but i started disliking their ways when I joined nairaland).

Did all these amidst financial backlash o, I mean I broke die like dis.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by vincentjk(m): 12:39pm On Feb 18, 2021
Oiza131:
Back then in school, my friends had problem with understanding calculus... On our final exam, mat 403, we sat close to each other. The invigilation was strict but I still find my way to pass my answer booklet to one of them. The other passed to the other as I was collecting theirs to solve for them. I didn't even know who amongst them got to submit my booklet. I wanted all of us to graduate together, I don't know if it was worth the risk but thankfully, none of us got caught. One still spilled though, as I couldn't finish up before I submitted because I was getting too scared. The invigilator was already getting suspicious of me.

I also got sacked because I was fighting for the interest of my colleagues...
Many more though, that sometimes I wish people fight and care for me the way I do to them selflessly.

Doing bad things in a good way lol.

Reminds me of lacasa de papel.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Loris576(m): 12:47pm On Feb 18, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
If I say it, it will no longer be selfless.
lol.. how ?
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 18, 2021
Loris576:

lol.. how ?

Because then I'll be using it to gain praise or popularity. That is the exact opposite of selfless.
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by FRANKOSKI(m): 12:52pm On Feb 18, 2021
paid School fee for a boy I saw crying on the road
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Tillatalk: 12:58pm On Feb 18, 2021
redcliff:
ijf you come here to type the selfless thing you have ever done for someone, that good bas been cancelled. keep it to yourself and your God
just for the fun eyin religious preacher
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by MansoryMX(m): 1:00pm On Feb 18, 2021
madridguy:
I have done few which I will consider as huge risk on my side but the most dangerous one was the girl God used me and my friend to rescue from rapists.
Though I have gave brief narration of the scenario here before but the scene always reoccur in my head anytime anyone ask question like this.

The incident is just like soldiers trying to rescue kidnapped victim from kidnappers or terrorists.

People are talking this one wan still talk. Abi na you and your friends be the rapist. BMC miscreant!

1 Like

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by MansoryMX(m): 1:01pm On Feb 18, 2021
ReneJay:
I gave out my good clothes to some church menbers i notice were not having nice clothes. hopefully i will replace then in a month or two.....doom i lost my job

Sorry I had a laugh

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by mariahAngel(f): 1:02pm On Feb 18, 2021
Gerrard59:
Paying the school fees of my class mate.

Dude came to me on a Thursday pleading for money to complete what he has to avoid paying extra fees in the name of late payment the following Monday. I put a call to my mom and got the money (complete fees) that day, transferred to him on Friday and he paid his school fees. Later in the session, he brought the money and I declined "stating he deserves it".

Las las, he graduated as the best graduating student in the faculty. I just don't like seeing intelligent and assiduous students being financially stranded.

Did you have problem with maths before?
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by SmartyPants(m): 1:05pm On Feb 18, 2021
madridguy:
I have done few which I will consider as huge risk on my side but the most dangerous one was the girl God used me and my friend to rescue from rapists.
Though I have gave brief narration of the scenario here before but the scene always reoccur in my head anytime anyone ask question like this.

The incident is just like soldiers trying to rescue kidnapped victim from kidnappers or terrorists.

Tell us again sir
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by MansoryMX(m): 1:05pm On Feb 18, 2021
Maxchu:
I suffered for 8 years looking for a Child ,I wasted and spent so much money with No result ,I was lucky to meet a Natural Therapist who gave me an Herbal Solution today I have two Children ,I met a Friend who had same Problem.od Child Bearing , Unfortunately his salary was nothing to write home about when I told him.about the Solution ,I used my Personal Money running into 80k to pay for the therapy and Logistics .Today this Couple tears of Infertility and Childlessness is over ,They have a boouncing baby Girl. Still Glad that I could be able to render such Selfless Help .

I am more interested in this. Care to share your solution with me?
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by SmartyPants(m): 1:08pm On Feb 18, 2021
Juliearth:

While your thought is valid, I will still have to maintain my stand point. This is an anonymous platform and as such, whatever you share here cannot be linked to you in any way. Need I also say that the left hand/right hand ideology is quite misunderstood. Both hands are linked to your body. In other words, the left hand signifies family, friends, associates and so on and not anonymous people on an anonymous platform.

No. The import of the right hand-left hand analogy is that the two hands are obviously so close, so in keeping what you have done for others to yourself, it must be so closely guarded that not even those who are close to you should know. This is as opposed to the idea that only those close to you should not know. Further, the reason is simply so that you do not bask in earthly applause, which you would do should you receive the praises of anonymous strangers.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by MansoryMX(m): 1:10pm On Feb 18, 2021
Tenshades:
I remember going to the drug store for my friend to get him postinor.

The said idiot later carry my babe go hotel.

Life is wonderful grin

Serves you right cheesy

[img]https://media./images/d4ed531ccc5fa7c9a1f62c0414dddae5/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by ThatFairGuy1: 1:12pm On Feb 18, 2021
Ennyholar:
Mine was paying for the transportation of a total stranger from Lagos to Uyo in 2019. grin
While SHE gave you her number in return. make we open further ? grin
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 18, 2021
Incognito403:

If an anonymous person posts their account on NL and I transfer some money to them, how have I gained from it?
Your gain could be anything, it could be happiness, relief from pity, boost of pride and self confidence, like when you see a beggar on street, pity immediately holds you, if not for pity you can't give him anything, so when you give him some money you stop feeling pity and in a case where it is a life changing amount you feel joy that that person is happy because of you.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by OJURONGBE1(m): 1:23pm On Feb 18, 2021
skyfaze:
I was transferring 10% of my salary every month to my company's cleaner account to assist her because she was earning a stipend as salary.

The 10% Was my own way of paying my tithe.

That is true religion taught in James 1:27.
Bless your heart.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by omaclarry(m): 1:26pm On Feb 18, 2021
Marayesa1:
Hello Nairalander
Times without numbers we've gone out of our ways to render some act of kindness to people to people around us. It could be a member of our family, a total stranger or your colleagues at the office. Most time these acts are done without any interior motive or personal gain.

That's bring me to the question " What selfless act have you render for anyone without any hidden motives?. I will be looking out for your responses.

Me still being in Nigeria with u lots is a selfless deed.
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by teejay167(m): 1:27pm On Feb 18, 2021
glosplendid:
Always helping people yet I hardly receive help...

Thought it's just me only oo
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Felabarmudia: 1:36pm On Feb 18, 2021
During my service(NYSC) year we went to Hamdala hotel in Kaduna to swim.before we got there we have been hailing my room mate from Epe a great swimmer.
I was chilling by the pool side(deep side)when my room mate suddenly jumped in the pool.
Still I was hailing him because we all thought he was a greater swimmer from Epe but to my surprise I saw my friend gasping for air and it looks like he wanted to say/shout help me but before he could say it he started drowning, I tried to call for help but nobody paid attention so out fear that my guy is drowning I jump in the pool to save him but immediately I became very weak I couldn't do anything and I started drowning too. everything flashes before my eyes from my childhood to that very day,I remembered my mom and I was like na Kaduna everything go end?at that point I thought all was lost a miraculous hand pushed me up( some NDA students came for swimming exercise and one of them dived in to save my friend but couldn't because he was struggling and could drag him down with him so he opt to save me because I was not just there-i don gbam kamu and I was just waiting for that last moment).
The upthrust helped me and somehow I was out of the water. my Fulani friends that took us there rescued my friend.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by PAWG(m): 1:38pm On Feb 18, 2021
There's a little boy about 15 yrs old that sweeps a certain pedestrian bridge along the airport road. I first noticed him on a weekend that I went to visit a friend who lives around that axis. I was impressed by the selfless way he went about keeping the pedestrian bridge clean, I then decided that I was going to buy him a meal if our paths ever crossed him again. A week later I was sent on an official assignment to one of those government agencies around that area, so I decided to made good on my promise. Guys, I trekked for 30 minutes to locate that boy (in the scorching sun) and gave him some money for a couple of meals. I'm pretty sure I made his day/week.

6 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by daniel7328(m): 1:41pm On Feb 18, 2021
vincentjk:

Doing bad things in a good way lol.
Reminds me of lacasa de papel.

Money Heist
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by WantsandMore: 1:58pm On Feb 18, 2021
Just a gentle reminder; But when you give to someone in need, don’t let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.
It’s the season of lent; do not forget the triad of lent, alms giving, praying and fasting ...#Bless You.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by karkel(m): 2:08pm On Feb 18, 2021
Ennyholar:
Mine was paying for the transportation of a total stranger from Lagos to Uyo in 2019. grin
A BEAUTIFUL WELCOMING LADY I GUESS
Re: What's The Selfless Thing You've Ever Done For Anyone? by Drizzy5001(m): 2:10pm On Feb 18, 2021
They are too many for me to mention, but I can remember the ones people did for me, and I hope and pray to return the favour someday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Can I Help My Son Overcome Fear? / CONTACT US FOR YOUR FURNITURE / Notable Similarities Between Nigerian Homes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.