Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Arab Men And Black Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Arab Men And Black Women (58170 Views)

Meet The Shuwa Arab Women Of Nigeria (photos) - Most Beautiful Women In Nigeria! / Nigerian Girls /black Girls And Arab Men? / Why Do Black Women Always Have Attitude Towards Guys Dating White Females? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arab Men And Black Women by jenny2007(f): 4:17pm On Apr 08, 2011
Hi everyone,
Just thought I should get your view on this topic. Am a marketing executive in an energy company and meet a lot of peole including foreigners due to the nature
Of my job. am in a relationship with an arab presently, a lebanese.
I truly luv him. This man is like the most kind-hearted man on the planet.he's an
Engineer and was born in nigeria. He speak yoruba fluently (though am igbo and teaching him the language
Too. Am learning arabic myself).
Now the issue is that it is popular knowledge that arabs don't
Marry black women. They can be very racist too and some of them see
Black women only as sex objects. My man's friends think this way but my man
Has never given me a reason to to believe that he's a racist. He respects me completely.
But still am worried becos my other arab friends who I have spoken too tell me that an arab marrying
A black woman is almost like a taboo. Is this true?
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by r231(m): 4:19pm On Apr 08, 2011
I don't knw
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by MrsChima(f): 4:20pm On Apr 08, 2011
What do you know?
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by jenny2007(f): 4:22pm On Apr 08, 2011
Guys I need ur opinion,like seriously pls.
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 08, 2011
Dating outside ur race u sometimes have to face certain stereotypes about ur partner whether or not u want too. You have to realise that not every member of one race will think alike or harbour the same feelings. If u have been with this guy and have found him to be loving and seem to genuinely care for you, then you have to cast aside these stereotypical notions for what is real and in front of you. Everyone can fall in love with anyone, love do't go by ethnicity. wink
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by 25omega(m): 4:36pm On Apr 08, 2011
dont worry about it
in America it was taboo for a black person to sit in the front of the bus back in the 19th and 20th ceturies. I took for one woman to sit where she wanted to and refuse to move for that whold thing to start changing.
If you are the first black woman to marry an arab man (i doubt) then you will break a barrier for a lot more people so hang in there

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arab Men And Black Women by r231(m): 4:37pm On Apr 08, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

What do you know?

thinking. . . . . . grin grin grin

well the question is hard now grin
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by MrsChima(f): 4:39pm On Apr 08, 2011
OP,

I do not know because I am not married to an Arab. However, I see a lot of Arab men married to black women that are muslims and christians in my region.
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by chic2pimp(m): 5:27pm On Apr 08, 2011
jenny2007:

Hi everyone,
Just thought I should get your view on this topic. Am a marketing executive in an energy company and meet a lot of peole including foreigners due to the nature
Of my job. am in a relationship with an arab presently, a lebanese.
I truly luv him. This man is like the most kind-hearted man on the planet.he's an
Engineer and was born in nigeria. He speak yoruba fluently (though am igbo and teaching him the language
Too. Am learning arabic myself).
Now the issue is that it is popular knowledge that arabs don't
Marry black women. They can be very racist too and some of them see
Black women only as sex objects. My man's friends think this way but my man
Has never given me a reason to to believe that he's a racist. He respects me completely.
But still am worried becos my other arab friends who I have spoken too tell me that an arab marrying
A black woman is almost like a taboo. Is this true?

VERY TRUE!!!. . . . . Although they are quite a few Lebanese Men, Nigerian Women relationship in Nigeria as I type.

You'll be better advised to stick with the Young Nice chap. Also, as you stated earlier he loves you and you love him, so why care about what other think?
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 08, 2011
Those people see black people as slaves,you will likely end up a single parent in future,most likely,goodluck
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by tunnytox(m): 6:09pm On Apr 08, 2011
@OP You're wasting your precious time dating this man, do you expect him to racist to you whilst he's dating you? the earlier you look for your own people to date the better for you but if you like believe in this free world, free mind mentality of the westerners, after you've got your finger burnt you'll only have yourself to blame. enuff said.
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by Arosa(m): 6:13pm On Apr 08, 2011
Op, the guy in question is a Naija man so I don't see the problem. plus Lebanese are very open minded peeps.
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by Tosinville(m): 6:29pm On Apr 08, 2011
Let him get tired of tasting you then you'll see the negative aspect of him. You that he can't take over to lebanon & be proud of in from of his mother cos they prefer to get you an apartment here, get u pregnant & run back to his country to meet his real wife & kids then you'll probably end up being a single mother living all alone with your miserable life.

1 Like

Re: Arab Men And Black Women by 25omega(m): 6:31pm On Apr 08, 2011
Tosinville:

Let him get tired of tasting you then you'll see the negative aspect of him. You that he can't take over to lebanon & be proud of in from of his mother cos they prefer to get you an apartment here, get u pregnant & run back to his country to meet his real wife & kids then you'll probably end up being a single mother living all alone with your miserable life.

tunnytox:

@OP You're wasting your precious time dating this man, do you expect him to racist to you whilst he's dating you? the earlier you look for your own people to date the better for you but if you like believe in this free world, free mind mentality of the westerners, after you've got your finger burnt you'll only have yourself to blame. enuff said.
shocked shocked most of the scary comments are from men. How many of you have married a Lebanese man grin
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by ragdollz: 6:36pm On Apr 08, 2011
Errrm jenny, the arab guy will happily date u for the next ten yrs, but as for marriage - I doubt it, cos even in their places of origin pple who have darker skin are seen as lesser than them. Anyway you might be light-skinned; however u r still non-muslim, non-arab. He mite be the westernised type shaa, since he was born here he might not care so much about his home culture n walk u down the aisle. Best of luck!
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by Woke4all(m): 6:58pm On Apr 08, 2011
ﺎﺤﻴﺤﺻ ﺲﻴﻟ ﺍﺬﻫ. ﻲﻫ ﺔﻘﻴﻘﺤﻟﺍﻭ
ﺔﻨﺧﺎﺴﻟﺍ ﺕﺍﻭﺍﺩﻮﺴﻟﺍ ﺀﺎﺴﻨﻟﺍ ﻥﺃ
ﻡﺰﻠﻳ ﺎﻣ ﻰﻠﻋ ﺖﻠﺼﺣ ﺎﻬﻧﺃﻭ ﺎﻣﻮﻤﻋ
ﺪﻴﻌﺳ ﻞﺟﺭ ﻞﻌﺠﻟ!
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by Thirst4Lif: 7:02pm On Apr 08, 2011
Have you met his parents? Any of his family? That will tell you how serious he is

about your relationship.
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by no1madman(m): 9:07pm On Apr 08, 2011
Ar u pretty sure he loves u or is your fuckin mind playin tricks on u. . . .
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by iv4real(f): 9:24pm On Apr 08, 2011
For taboo i don.t know. I have seen several Lebanese men married to black women in my church. Ur case can also be different also. Just enjoy ur relationship and don't let people feed you with different ideas that will make you want to spoil what you have.
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 08, 2011
It is because of historical reasons why they do not want black women
on a larger scale. They don;t even have high regards for white women either.
There have been Arab aristocrats and kings from the bible days and beyond who
had black concubines and girlfriends but they were NEVER wife. The interesting thing
is that they would however claim their half black children esp. sons.

the only Arabs who married African women were those who eventually came to
live with blacks in Northern Africa, Egypt esp.

There is an ancient poem in which they described the womb of a woman to be an oven.
[i]"Black woman burns her bread, white woman under cooks hers and an Arab woman
browns hers to perfection."
[/i]I am going to see if I can find it.

brb.
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 08, 2011
no luck but i will keep looking and post it when I do. smiley
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by jjgirljay(f): 11:44pm On Apr 08, 2011
hi,

i do not mean to discourage you,but its true. i dated one for 4years,his mum adores me,she spoils me silly and even taught me how to cook der food,i traveled with them(his dad is late) the very day he proposed,everything changed. when i cried to his mother to ask why very gentle she said BECAUSE YOU ARE BLACK.

if you both love each other and are willing to go all the way then it will work.
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by LordReed(m): 12:29am On Apr 09, 2011
Just one question: has he proposed to you?
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by Phate07(m): 12:41am On Apr 09, 2011

OP,
I don't know. Sorry! undecided
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by melidee: 1:13am On Apr 09, 2011
Some of these comments are disgusting sad

Arab men do like black women they like well kempt women full stop they like woman with a nice structure not fat not skinny and who look like they take good care of themselves.
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by nanidee(f): 2:24am On Apr 09, 2011
jjgirljay:

hi,

i do not mean to discourage you,but its true. i dated one for 4years,his mum adores me,she spoils me silly and even taught me how to cook der food,i traveled with them(his dad is late) the very day he proposed,everything changed. when i cried to his mother to ask why very gentle she said[b] BECAUSE YOU ARE BLACK. [/b]

if you both love each other and are willing to go all the way then it will work.

awwww,  this is so touching. I hope it was not soo difficult getting over that?

@ OP, you have to learn from people's experiences, so that you do not end up wasting your time with a relationship that may not work, even after so much effort has been put in.

Take your time to observe him, its not always about love. There are other factors that come to play in a situation like this.

- can his love stand the test of time?

- to what extent can he go for you?
- is he really worth any pain that may come in the future?
- can you really adapt to his own culture?
- do you think you would be happy in the next 10 years, if you people had to relocate to his country or something like that?

Please take your time to ascertain what his "love" is worth, so you do not end up being a broken-hearted looser.
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by jasman1: 2:40am On Apr 09, 2011
I don't think you seriously need our advice here, you just want to hear the same thing you know already. At least, you get the Naira and Kobo from him and he gets the pus*sy, hopefully with some kind of protection,its a win win relationship. When he's tired, then you can find one LUCKY Igbo man and marry. Good luck, you sounded like a very smart Igbo woman.

2 Likes

Re: Arab Men And Black Women by Araboy(m): 5:21am On Apr 09, 2011
Actually Arabs like any other race can't be generalized Please don't listen to those who never set foot outside their country of origin and maybe have never used a passport to tell you Arab men don't date or marry black women
Prophet Mohamed himself his grandmother is Hajer a black Egyptian slave One of His wives Maria the mother of his son Ibrahim was also black and Christian
Mixed marriage between Arabs and blacks is dominant in places like Zanzibar Comoros Mauritania come to Saudi Arabia Qatar Kuwait where big part of the poupulation are either black or mixed
Prince bandar IBn Abdul Aziz ex Saudi Arabia ambassador to the USA his mother was black
Hassan King of Morocco his mother was black
Sadatt Egypt President his mother was black
Sultan Kabus King of The gulf state of Oman his mother was black from Tanzania 
My grand Mother from my mom side is black lady from Senegal married to my Grandpa  who is an Arab guy
Many Arabs guys find black women attractive are some of them racists ? Yes like everywhere there are bigots but the ones from the Gulf Yemen Jordan Palestine Syria are the most prejudice
is it Taboo ? Any one who marry outside his religion race age cast is generally shunned by the rest of the family but you can't help who you fall in love with or who you are attracted to

1 Like

Re: Arab Men And Black Women by eghost247(m): 7:22am On Apr 09, 2011
Dating outside your race has so many false stories
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by llemisy(f): 10:47am On Apr 09, 2011
am nt trying to discourage yu but to be realistic nothing lik luv in arab man getting married to a black woman, arab nd chinesses are d most racist in d world yu dnt even think of his culture,religion,family and ibo girl for dat matter plz think twice b4 yu du dis so dat yu would,nt regret it,,,,.
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by ragdollz: 10:56am On Apr 09, 2011
Araboy what is ur point? All those pple u mentioned, did they marry Christian black Nigerians??
Re: Arab Men And Black Women by jerrydate: 11:07am On Apr 09, 2011
Has he proposed to u?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady In Raunchy Poses With A Statue (Photos) / List Of Things A Guy First Sees In A Lady Before He Walks Up To Woo Her / Nigerian Lady Shares Sexy Photo On Instagram,..Her Father Responds To Her!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.