Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience (36993 Views)

Why Nigeria Are Been Denied Visa / So Sad Now!!! I Was Denied Visa Today / UK Grandmother Laments After Her Younger Nigerian Husband Is Denied Visa. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by GreatMage: 11:29pm On Mar 25, 2021
morgang:
Got my U.S F1 (Masters) visa couple of months ago. That was my first time application and I was somewhat indifferent about the possible outcome. Regardless, it came handy and here I am paying some damn bills and not earning shit! Studying 17hrs a day just to catch up with deadlines- funding with stipends is almost nothing, cause you pay certain fees and house rent (sometimes out of your pocket) and at the end of the day, you have nothing.

Probably a rough start to career pathway but never come here without a solid financial background to keep you afloat. Many students are out of status and looking for who to marry! Regardless, here isn’t really EASY!

I sometimes question my presence here, not just because I hate the weather, but the bills you pay and the study workload gives you no breathing space but to deliver. I’m not whining. Come here only if you have a solid plan or live like a fugitive.

Not discouraging you, just a heads up that probably have been exhaustively addressed overtime.

Goodluck.

Many will call you wicked...

Some will say you are discouraging others...

But they don't know what's going cry

Only the strong minded can survive in diaspora...
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by ecomalchemist(m): 1:36am On Mar 26, 2021
internationalman:

I'm all ears

what documents did you generate ?

how long does it take for the IR-2 visa process ?

From the time petitioner filed for you till visa processing... Thanks
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by internationalman(m): 9:50am On Mar 26, 2021
ecomalchemist:

what documents did you generate ?

how long does it take for the IR-2 visa process ?

From the time petitioner filed for you till visa processing... Thanks

I was filed for as an overage which is 21 years and above. Hence it took almost 6 years for my case to be reviewed and transfered to NVC which will issued the IR-2 visa.

But it takes pretty much shorter period of time for people under 21 years of age for their case to be attended to.

I've paid the visa fee.. They ask to upload some civil documents like birth certificate issued by npc, police report and some others I can't remember now.. They also asked my petitioner which is my mum to submit affidavit of support.
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by ecomalchemist(m): 9:18pm On Mar 26, 2021
internationalman:

I was filed for as an overage which is 21 years and above. Hence it took almost 6 years for my case to be reviewed and transfered to NVC which will issued the IR-2 visa.

But it takes pretty much shorter period of time for people under 21 years of age for their case to be attended to.

I've paid the visa fee.. They ask to upload some civil documents like birth certificate issued by npc, police report and some others I can't remember now.. They also asked my petitioner which is my mum to submit affidavit of support.

Oh alright bro, thank you very much.

I really appreciate.
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by internationalman(m): 11:16pm On Mar 26, 2021
ecomalchemist:

Oh alright bro, thank you very much.

I really appreciate.

You are welcome
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by Alejoas(m): 7:26am On Apr 09, 2021
RJabal:
I got rejected by South korea embassy in 2019...and they did not give my any reason...I knew my documents where fine,so I put a call through to my university and they sort the issue out..after 2 days I got another call frm the embassy asking me to come to their office with my passport to receive my Visa..
Nah so me too...tell them say, I de busy and can only come when am free ..After Finishing my days activities nah em I stroll go the embassy collect the visa..

Hello Sir, I'm sell laptop powerbanks, reachable on 0806531.6307
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by abbeYhart(m): 11:56pm On Jul 10, 2021
I have been denied UK and lithuania visa before. I have never been a fan of living abroad especially UK even though circumstances do change and my reasons for travel have always been genuine. I remember the first time I wanted to go for my masters in UK..my dad was always like when are you going to apply for your masters. Anyways, I applied, got admission and did my masters in UK. The lithuania visa denial was for visit. My intentions are always genuine. I have never been desperate so the lithuania denial did not even move me one bit grin

The UK denial was what really pained me a little and I will explain why. I was going to visit and it would have been fully sponsored by my employer. Prior before then, I went to school in UK and got 2 years post study work permit after I graduated. I only used 3 months out of the post study work permit and went back to Nigeria. I still had like 21months to stay back in UK, work and make the pounds. Staying in UK was not really a do or die affair for me. This is why I was just kind of baffled that a country I spent several thousands of pounds to study, completed my program and went back to my country Nigeria despite having the option to stay back with post study work visa could deny my visit visa based on I don't have strong home ties is laughable. It now appears UK is all about the money unlike US. Life continues now wink

I understand a visa is a priviledge and not a right but at the same time consideration should be given to individual's travel history. You have given me the benefit of doubt once and I did not fail so why cant you trust me again this time around. I never even worked for one day while studying in UK till when I left and I lived very fine. The denial was very funny to me.

4 years after, at US interview for student visa for my second masters, the VO was surprised too and brought up the question that why was I denied a UK visa afterall I school there. I told her the reason which she had no problem with issuing me my US student visa. Well it is what it is.

All that is history now.. I have completed a second masters in United States and now a permanent resident in US. Circumstances do change when God needs you somewhere either you fancy it or not. Soon, I may decide to still visit UK with no need to apply for visa if I wish when I get my US citizenship in few months time cool

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by feelgoodstuffs(m): 11:04am On Jul 11, 2021
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by seunny4lif(m): 12:17pm On Jul 11, 2021
feelgoodstuffs:
who has a connection for a schengen visa, I need to go on a holiday for a week.
You want to be scammed
Why don’t you do it by yourself

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 13, 2021
morgang:
Got my U.S F1 (Masters) visa couple of months ago. That was my first time application and I was somewhat indifferent about the possible outcome. Regardless, it came handy and here I am paying some damn bills and not earning shit! Studying 17hrs a day just to catch up with deadlines- funding with stipends is almost nothing, cause you pay certain fees and house rent (sometimes out of your pocket) and at the end of the day, you have nothing.

Probably a rough start to career pathway but never come here without a solid financial background to keep you afloat. Many students are out of status and looking for who to marry! Regardless, here isn’t really EASY!

I sometimes question my presence here, not just because I hate the weather, but the bills you pay and the study workload gives you no breathing space but to deliver. I’m not whining. Come here only if you have a solid plan or live like a fugitive.

uNot discouraging you, just a heads up that probably have been exhaustively addressed overtime.

Goodluck.

How are you holding up now?
Re: Have You Ever Been Denied Visa To A Country Before? Share Your Experience by Freshint: 2:18am On Apr 23, 2023
If I have been banned in the uk 10yrs for deception.. My agent used a fake bank statement... Can I apply to canada as a student because I got admission there.

And what documents will I add to convince them to give me the visa.. I am thinking to add police clearance cert, letter from catholic church and also letter from imo state house of assembly...

What's my chances like am just confused...

Below is the refusal letter.

[b]THE DECISION

I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am satisfied that Part 9 of the
Immigration rules applies because

🇬🇧 Part 9.7.2. states that an application for entry clearance, permission to enter or permission to stay must be refused where the decision maker can prove that it is more likely than not the applicant used deception in the application.

🇬🇧 The declaration at the end of your application form states that by sending your application, you confirm that to the best of your knowledge and belief that the information relating to your application and your supporting evidence is correct. It also states that by doing so, you understand that if false information is given, your application can be refused and you may be banned from the UK and prosecuted.

🇬🇧In support of your application, you have submitted a bank statement purportedly from
Access Bank in order to demonstrate your financial circumstances. However, checks made by this office and held in a Document Verification Report (DVR) have shown that this document is not genuine. I am therefore satisfied that you have submitted a non- genuine document in support of your current application. This document directly relates to your personal circumstances and I am therefore satisfied that you have used deception. Your application is therefore refused under Part 9.7.2 of the Immigration
Rules.

🇬🇧As your application falls for mandatory refusal under Part 9 of the Immigration Rules, the general grounds of refusal, your application is refused under Appendix V3.1. and as such, it has not been assessed further under Appendix V4: Immigration Rules for
Visitors.

🇬🇧Future Applications🇬🇧
In relation to this decision, there is no right of appeal or right to administrative review. l am also satisfied that you have used deception in this application. This means that any future entry clearance applications may also be refused under the Immigration Rules for a period of up to 10 years depending on the type of application you make. The period of 10 years starts from the date that the deception was used in this application fora visa[/b].

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Sorry State of The Lagos-Badagry Expressway This Morning - Photos / The Current Status Of Kano 3 In 1 Underpass And Flyover (Pics) / Yankari Wikki Warm Springs Underwater Video & Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.