Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,147 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted (68185 Views)

My Wife Is Getting Me Angry / This Baby Face Something Is Not Working For Me / I Dislike My Small Stature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by Polyglot7pointO: 4:41am On Feb 22, 2021
Chiminemine:
Hello guys. I just received one of the biggest insults of my life today in church.

So I went to church today and along the line, I decided to scroll through NAIRALAND a little bit because the sermon was a little boring. So as I was pressing my phone in peace ohhh, one usher just came to where I sat and taped me. as I looked at her, she stretched her hand out signaling she wanted to sieze my phone. At first I was confused because where I was a lot of people where operating their phones but she didn't approach them. I didn't want to insult her or create a scene so I just lied that I was sending someone an important text. Then she said I should be quick and put out the phone, That if I were in a lecture hall would I use my phone in the presence of the lecturer? So I obliged. I experience similar scenarios a lot in my life and it makes me sad sometimes. Sometimes, teenage boys would be interacting with me as if I am in their age grade. My peers wouldn't want to be around me because they would feel I am just a kid. I can't get a girlfriend because girls look at me like their younger brothers. this has turned me into a full time introvert . I am really hurt. Even my own father uses my statur to insult me at times . It's only by my thick voice that people can tell that I am grown up and thats not enough.

Guys please help me, I need advice. I am 20 years old and 5 foot 8 inches tall.
lol u are allowing trivia things to kill and destroy ur self esteem and I already feel sorry for u.. u need a therapist ASAP.. 5.8 and u say u are small? Do u even realise Daz almost 2m tall? I don’t think u even know Daz more than average, I don’t think u even know u are taller than most of the parents of nairalanders u came to seek opinions from.. all u need is self esteem, good diet, exercise, health and love..

May God help u find self love and peace..

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by Polyglot7pointO: 4:46am On Feb 22, 2021
jaxxy:

I have diagnosed ur case and what u lack is not necessary stature but maturity, self esteem and the right confidence. Ur 5.8 and while that’s not tall for a guy u are definitely not the shortest guy around u are still as tall as 50% of guys and at 20 years ure still growing. Make sure u eat alot of beans and u might still get to 5.11 or 6.2 depending on certain factors.

Ure just outof ur teens still pretty young. At this age some guys look older and sharper or act wiser bt don’t seem to have any of that probably because u became a forced introvert, get out f ur shell abit and learn the tricks of trade bt only positive things pls. There ways to boost ur self confidence. Apply them and work on urself bt don’t be hard on urself also cos ur maturity gets higher as u grow and u do the right things.
u are blessed
Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 5:00am On Feb 22, 2021
Chiminemine:
guy, I have tried but to no avail. Imagine, I didn't even have armpit hair till I was 19. I didn't have pubic hairs until I was 16. Only God knows when I would grow beards. I tried using spirit to grow beards but It didn't work. I am just tired

Send me your WhatsApp number on Facebook.

www.facebook.com/emperormero

We have a lot to do together.
Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by pk2me: 5:08am On Feb 22, 2021
U are still a kid., When u have a gray hair like us u will understand the changes in human life
Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by Daum: 5:16am On Feb 22, 2021
Chiminemine:
guy, I have tried but to no avail. Imagine, I didn't even have armpit hair till I was 19. I didn't have pubic hairs until I was 16. Only God knows when I would grow beards. I tried using spirit to grow beards but It didn't work. I am just tired

Don't worry it will come
When you grow it, don't allow anyone talk you to removing it.
Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by IAMPEDRO: 5:28am On Feb 22, 2021
Chiminemine:
Hello guys. I just received one of the biggest insults of my life today in church.

So I went to church today and along the line, I decided to scroll through NAIRALAND a little bit because the sermon was a little boring. So as I was pressing my phone in peace ohhh, one usher just came to where I sat and taped me. as I looked at her, she stretched her hand out signaling she wanted to sieze my phone. At first I was confused because where I was a lot of people where operating their phones but she didn't approach them. I didn't want to insult her or create a scene so I just lied that I was sending someone an important text. Then she said I should be quick and put out the phone, That if I were in a lecture hall would I use my phone in the presence of the lecturer? So I obliged. I experience similar scenarios a lot in my life and it makes me sad sometimes. Sometimes, teenage boys would be interacting with me as if I am in their age grade. My peers wouldn't want to be around me because they would feel I am just a kid. I can't get a girlfriend because girls look at me like their younger brothers. this has turned me into a full time introvert . I am really hurt. Even my own father uses my statur to insult me at times . It's only by my thick voice that people can tell that I am grown up and thats not enough.

You're not short my brother, you're creatively made by God almighty. Pls don't ever look down on your self and don't allow people to look down on you. All those features you make mention of are nothing, haven't you see people with beards who are foolish, haven't you see people who are so tall without sense, you may be wiser than the usher but you see, you just can't stay without operating your phone even inside the church. Is there no inscription that says pls put off your phone? even if there is nothing like that you ought to think it yourself and there is also an airplane mode on your phone, in no time you're back home then you can operate your phone to the fullest.
Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by IAMPEDRO: 5:36am On Feb 22, 2021
Chiminemine:

Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by simplesearch: 6:04am On Feb 22, 2021
@19, I was already in the adult fellowship almost too old to be in the youth department because of the grace and Spirit of God in me, men old enough to be my father seems to forget their age and would readily respect me without much ado. I came in contact with the gospel and embrace Christ at the early stage of my life, thereby growing up to learn to focus on the essentials of life. No wasting of time looking for girlfriend, drinking alcohol, picnicking here and there, or getting involve in all those times wasting ventures. I devoted my time to reading many great and life transforming books, I go the extra mile to get them anywhere I could, and that was before the advent of Gsm and internet proper that made things a little easier. Unfortunately the internet age has destroyed many people's capacity to grow in the perfect image of Christ, we concentrate all our effort in building the head with so many info, some of which are actually irrelevant to our overall well-being, while neglecting the culture of self discipline and daily renewing of the heart.
Frankly speaking, pressing of phone amidst sermon especially on irrelevant or unrelated issues and platform like facebooking or going on nairaland which can be done later, is a real manifestation of childish behavior that tells much about your level of maturity and growth at 20 which is lack of self discipline. There is still room for improvement because maturity is not a function of age but of your thought, focus, comportment and achievement. Walk on those rough edges of your life, itemize the things you do secretly or publicly that right within you, you know someone of your age shouldn't be involved with anymore and try to do away with them.
Finally, ensure you truly surrender your heart to Christ and grow in his stature, this is one the fastest way to becoming the dignified man God want you to be.

1 Timothy 4:12
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by Ofadaman(m): 6:07am On Feb 22, 2021
Power isn't about stature , it's about guts, will, planning , strategy and confidence, even a small nan can cast a very largest shadow.

Your stature is not your problem , neither is your babyface, your problem is your demeanor, your carriage, the way you dress and your compusure those things give people cues without a word being said and when people encounter each other the first time, is what determines who get the respect

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by Hammergirl: 6:09am On Feb 22, 2021
I'm in my thirties and I have a very small stature. One of the ways I conquer it by wearing expensive and mature clothing. That alone commands the respect I need.
Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by KenModi(m): 6:14am On Feb 22, 2021
Chiminemine:

Usher make attempt to seize my phone? Just the look wey I go give am ennn...!
Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by Nobody: 6:22am On Feb 22, 2021
20 years old? I thought you are in your 30s, oga you dont have reason to cry more than the bereaved, you are still small. I am petite in nature but people rarely insult me, I carry myself with carriage, some might say its pride e no concern me, dont let anyone belittle you or disrespect you.

2 Likes

Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by lexy2014: 6:34am On Feb 22, 2021
Chiminemine:

U say u are "5 foot 8inches tall" and u call that a small stature. E be like say u no no wetin de worry u

3 Likes

Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by BRATISLAVA: 6:36am On Feb 22, 2021
Chiminemine:

You are 20. Naturally you will still look young.

At your age, small children were treating me like I was their pal, some even got to the extent of calling me a small child when they were younger than I was. It was insulting. I still get the occasional disrespect from little children in their 20s nowadays, but as you grow older you'll realize it means nothing. Nowadays little children eat so much and grow so fast and their mouths have no control. Don't smile with them. And school any adult who is treating you like a kid.

You're still young. When you're older you will appreciate it. Nobody wants to look old.
Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by Nobody: 6:41am On Feb 22, 2021
lukuboi:

Nah better advice you give ooo.
But your English no good @ all
No vex oh na button phone i dey manage the thing dey frustrate person especially this one.On a serious note though my spellings are all correct,the only thing i see there for you to complain about is punctuation and my lack of paragraphs.(u try pressing space button until a paragraph forms and see how long that takes you)

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by Geepy10(m): 6:51am On Feb 22, 2021
Start going to the gym man
Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by IdrisE(m): 7:03am On Feb 22, 2021
Make see your pictures nah.

Or even your social handle, where we can find some of your pictures.

I can't jump to conclusions without seeing your pictures please
Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by tobstarizhia(m): 7:14am On Feb 22, 2021
You're a late bloomer. I know several of those in the university. My advice is focus on your studies, become really intelligent and girls will flock to you. eventually puberty would reach completion in your case and you would be looking really rad while your counterparts are already having wrinkles and gray hair. It's the Benjamin button scenario. Take it in stride
Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by Holuwaxheun(m): 7:38am On Feb 22, 2021
Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by luuvv: 7:45am On Feb 22, 2021
Icyexpressions:
You are still a baby bro
He's still a small boi. I even thought he's in his 30s
Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by ThatFairGuy: 7:58am On Feb 22, 2021
Fahdiga:
Don't be discouraged dear. Be more bullish in your approach. Do you know that Sunday Igboho is a midget and he is the Supreme lord and saviour of the Yorubas
Mumu man grin

Sunday Igboho is greater than all Igbos dead or alive then tongue
Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by extol1(m): 7:59am On Feb 22, 2021
JenniferAkpamu:
What do you think?
just asking because I think I need to know the person
Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by ThatFairGuy: 8:04am On Feb 22, 2021
You're just a year ahead of teenage age. They've never look than on you
Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by naijadrivablog: 8:05am On Feb 22, 2021
osamz007:
leave height alone

usher stretch hand to collect my phone in my father's house.. violence must occur

cheesy VAWULENCE for church? This your meme enter sha
Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by Kingzjayzee: 8:19am On Feb 22, 2021
show me face or adonbiliv!
Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by QDubz(m): 8:21am On Feb 22, 2021
1stMan this youtube channel would help you.
Check it out
Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by Awoleesu(m): 8:32am On Feb 22, 2021
Chiminemine:

20, and you're already feeling way older than "teenagers"!
It's okay son. But you shouldn't be bothered about how you're perceived by others than you should be bothered how you present yourself out there...

From your own narrative, notwithstanding the " many others using their smartphones in church" , I think it's rather immature to scroll through some impertinencies relative to what's the onslaught in any particular context or circumstance...

If a preacher bores me, I open my Bible and read some inspiring passages, or I just take a walk outside of the Church hall... I guess no Usher would frown at that.

2 Likes

Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by nurusystem(m): 8:47am On Feb 22, 2021
Appreciate God first

1 Like

Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 22, 2021
It is better not to go to church than to go and be scrolling on Nairaland while the service is on.
That action alone portrays you less than your age. Adults know when to be serious and when not to.

This is another reason why using Bible on phone is bad in church. The mind could be drifted off the Bible and you start doing something else.
Re: Help!! My Baby Face And Small Stature Are Getting Me Insulted by awoo47: 8:59am On Feb 22, 2021
ghettochild:
How can u be 5ft8 n say u r small.. Shey u thin like broom in? E be like say craze dey ur head.. Am 5ft8 which is about 180cm Shey u want become giant ba??
5ft8 isn't 180cm 183cm is 6ft how can 5ft8 is probably arnd 165

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Many Of Us Fell For This Trap? / Lady Features Her Dead Husband In Her Nude Maternity Photoshoot / A Giant Snake In My Roof. I Need A Snake Charmer To Remove It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.