Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family (48832 Views)

9-Year-Old Boy That Saved His 3-Year-Old Brother From Drowning In A Well (Video) / 9-Year-Old Boy Rescues His Brother From Well (Photos) / Lessons From Marrying From A Rich Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by osamz007: 10:11pm On Feb 25, 2021
briggson07:

Davido don line hair sotay e hair line don enter e Ogor

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by BRATISLAVA: 10:11pm On Feb 25, 2021
Blakpot:

Don't waste ur strength.
They won't change, its a culture here.
Even the girls here are cool with it.

Having been on NL for some time, I'm now desensitized to bias against women.

It's getting to become disgusting the longer it stays.

It will eventually lead to abuse and cruelty towards women, because they are subtly using it to influence how people see women.

When people mention women on this forum, the first thing they read is hoe, cheat, bitch, pussy, money, entitled, hypergamy and other untrue things. The way they revel in it is something else.

It will take years to end the bias created. And while it is on, everyday there are crimes committed against women that forum men turn a blind eye to. Eventually it will reach them one day.

Seun Osewa is running toxic site for money.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by YorubaPrince: 10:13pm On Feb 25, 2021
100trillion:
My senior bro wedding was schedule for the 30th day of October 2021, his wife and her fams were on his heads, telling him to make sure the wedding is the talk of the town, that, he should rent a big hall and make sure food; drinks; meats; kola etc. are available.

So last night he told me, I asked if his wife contributed anything, he said "Monetary" No....that she said she'll bring ppl to cook food and handle things women are meant to handle.

I told my him: Snr bro, make marriage simple. Don't take loans for wedding, don't use all your savings on wedding just to please people. People come to eat, drink and leave you in povery. Manage what you have. If your wife can't help you to think straight, then she ain't wife worthy.
This afternoon, in my presence he called his in-laws and called off the wedding....thank God he has not complete the dowry.

Hope I was right?

You're too RIGHT! You can't be any righter, I swear! You're indeed Rightest for such advice! You too much... my kind of guy! God bless you, OP! cool

3 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by BRATISLAVA: 10:13pm On Feb 25, 2021
Princeps:
Shut the fu*k up. Silly femi-nazi!!!

The truth is always painful to brainwashed women-hating men like you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by aryzgreat: 10:14pm On Feb 25, 2021
I wonder how a wedding of October 2021 was already an issue by February. Too long a time to plan just a wedding.

2 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 25, 2021
100trillion:
Yes o. 300k to be precise
ahh, 300k for part dowry shocked Wich village she come from?

3 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Timoleon(m): 10:17pm On Feb 25, 2021
Because this part na lie
mariahAngel:

Why you no add this part to the op?

3 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 25, 2021
patoski39:
ahh, 300k for part dowry shocked Wich village she come from?
Mbaise, Imo State.

That 300k covered for palm wine, beer nd kola o..

5 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Neowanskywalker: 10:20pm On Feb 25, 2021
From my experience. . NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, THAT DOESNT GUARANTEE WOMAN GO STAY WITH YOU. MARRY WHO LOVE U DIE. SUCH W0MAN WORTHS EVERYTHING COZ SHE NO GO LEAVE OR KILL YOU OR HURT YOU

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Liposure: 10:20pm On Feb 25, 2021
BRATISLAVA:
Another woman bashing thread.

How much are you people paid to create these stories? Do you really think women don't have terrible stories to tell about men on a daily basis? The technique is old.
You are missing the point

3 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Mizwalterz(f): 10:23pm On Feb 25, 2021
100trillion:
Mbaise, Imo State.

if 300k is for beer, palm wine and kola only then a talk-of-the-day wedding should be more than 20m.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by defcon4: 10:24pm On Feb 25, 2021
100trillion:
My senior bro wedding was schedule for the 30th day of October 2021, his wife and her fams were on his heads, telling him to make sure the wedding is the talk of the town, that, he should rent a big hall and make sure food; drinks; meats; kola etc. are available.

So last night he told me, I asked if his wife contributed anything, he said "Monetary" No....that she said she'll bring ppl to cook food and handle things women are meant to handle.

I told my him: Snr bro, make marriage simple. Don't take loans for wedding, don't use all your savings on wedding just to please people. People come to eat, drink and leave you in povery. Manage what you have. If your wife can't help you to think straight, then she ain't wife worthy.
This afternoon, in my presence he called his in-laws and called off the wedding....thank God he has not complete the dowry.

Hope I was right?

God will bless you 100trillion times.
Marriage is finding a partner that protects your interest.

2 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 25, 2021
Mizwalterz:

if 300k is for beer, palm wine and kola only then a talk-of-the-day wedding should be more than 20m.
that was their plan. Big wedding ceremony. But they ain't thinking about who will foot the bills after wasting money on 1day celebration.

They are insensitive.

5 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Blakpot: 10:29pm On Feb 25, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

It will eventually lead to abuse and cruelty towards women, because they are subtly using it to influence how people see women.

When people mention women on this forum, the first thing they read is hoe, cheat, bitch, pussy, money, entitled, hypergamy and other untrue things. The way they revel in it is something else.

It will take years to end the bias created. And while it is on, everyday there are crimes committed against women that forum men turn a blind eye to. Eventually it will reach them one day.

True!

Its frightening to think this a true reflection on how women are perceived in our society.

I agree, admin should be proactive in regulation; take measures to discourage such behaviors.
That's how it should be.

6 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by georgeakins: 10:29pm On Feb 25, 2021
Naitaland and fabricated stories!

3 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by defcon4: 10:29pm On Feb 25, 2021
ogub:
Calling off the wedding shouldn't have been the first thing to do he could have met with his prospective in-laws and tell them what he can afford to spend for the wedding and hear what they have to say

When the root is rotten, the fruits will go bad. If he talked to the in-laws and they adjusted. She go behave, 5 years, 10 years but that character will definitely resurface, not just from her but her people will ruin him. I learnt the hard way, never make excuses for bad behavior.
If it smells like shit, looks like shit. Nwanne it is SHIT

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 25, 2021
mariahAngel:

Why you no add this part to the op?

Clearly made up.

4 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by TheMostComplex1: 10:32pm On Feb 25, 2021
I don't understand know how I'll borrow money to impress people. God forbid

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by naijadrivablog: 10:32pm On Feb 25, 2021
100trillion:

Hope I was right?

You are immature, so is your brother.

Why not talk things out with the in-laws Your brother can tell them what he can afford and if they want a society wedding, they should contribute to foot the bills.

Your brother is not ready yet.

1 Like

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by naijadrivablog: 10:34pm On Feb 25, 2021
100trillion:
He told them. But they said if he ain't get no money, that he should not bother taking their daughter home....

If that is the case, then your brother did well.
Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by TheMostComplex1: 10:34pm On Feb 25, 2021
Blakpot:

True!

Its frightening to think this a true reflection on how women are perceived in our society.

I agree, admin should be proactive in regulation; take measures to discourage such behaviors.
That's how it should be.

I can't I agree less

2 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by TheMostComplex1: 10:36pm On Feb 25, 2021
100trillion:
Mbaise, Imo State.

I have family friends there stop spewing lies. Lie Mohammed

4 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Rubbiish(m): 10:37pm On Feb 25, 2021
BRATISLAVA:
Another woman bashing thread.

How much are you people paid to create these stories? Do you really think women don't have terrible stories to tell about men on a daily basis? The technique is old.
So what is your point now?

4 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Emyogalanya: 10:38pm On Feb 25, 2021
ubola:
You are toxic. For inflicting pains on someone else's daughter may your generation receive a double portion. You had the chance of advising your indecisive brother to reduce the cost but you went ahead to poison his effeminate mind. Karma is surely waiting for you.
in the post u quoted did u not see where he asked if the wife will contribute anything? ok read from there . did u also not noticed where he told his brother to make the wedding simple? where did u see him use sniper to poison his brother?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Emyogalanya: 10:38pm On Feb 25, 2021
ubola:
You are toxic. For inflicting pains on someone else's daughter may your generation receive a double portion. You had the chance of advising your indecisive brother to reduce the cost but you went ahead to poison his effeminate mind. Karma is surely waiting for you.
Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by TheMostComplex1: 10:38pm On Feb 25, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

The guy is lieing don't mind him it never happened

4 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Cmanforall: 10:39pm On Feb 25, 2021
100trillion:

Hope I was right?

Confusion in Nigeria is too much alreasy to add this

1 Like

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Nobody: 10:40pm On Feb 25, 2021
100trillion:

because I was typing in a haste and I use a feature phone!
YOU DON'T OWN THAT LEECH ANY EXPLANATION, SHE IS ONE OF THE USELESS NIGERIA GIRLS AM TALKING ABOUT.

5 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Nobody: 10:40pm On Feb 25, 2021
TheMostComplex1:

I have family friends there stop spewing lies. Lie Mohammed
I'm from Orlu L.G.A. I've friends from Mbaise, stop trying to sound smart. Ba5tard!

5 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by daddio(m): 10:41pm On Feb 25, 2021
Righteousness2:
Thats a very Bold move from your Brother !
You did a Great Job by Pouring out the raw bitter truth. That was a Good one.

Your GOD Designed Partner will not be a burden to you
Your GOD Designed Partner will not run you into Debts for an event of Few hrs, when you have Forever ahead.

A Virtous Woman Knows that a Wedding is Just a day thing and would not throw her husband into unnecessary debts in the Name of impressing People.

As the righteous man, you should have at least look for ways to settle this matter amicably.
embarassed embarassed embarassed

All the same, you deserve a cow.

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by daddio(m): 10:44pm On Feb 25, 2021
ubola:

Karma abi Kamoru!?

5 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by mechanics(m): 10:45pm On Feb 25, 2021
You did well, they want to reap where did they not sow, they should marry their daughter.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? / Drama As Trader Allegedly Finds Male’s Private Part Inside Food / My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.