Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family (48798 Views)

9-Year-Old Boy That Saved His 3-Year-Old Brother From Drowning In A Well (Video) / 9-Year-Old Boy Rescues His Brother From Well (Photos) / Lessons From Marrying From A Rich Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by bluefilm: 10:47pm On Feb 25, 2021
100trillion:
My senior bro wedding was schedule for the 30th day of October 2021, his wife and her fams were on his heads, telling him to make sure the wedding is the talk of the town, that, he should rent a big hall and make sure food; drinks; meats; kola etc. are available.

So last night he told me, I asked if his wife contributed anything, he said "Monetary" No....that she said she'll bring ppl to cook food and handle things women are meant to handle.

I told my him: Snr bro, make marriage simple. Don't take loans for wedding, don't use all your savings on wedding just to please people. People come to eat, drink and leave you in povery. Manage what you have. If your wife can't help you to think straight, then she ain't wife worthy.
This afternoon, in my presence he called his in-laws and called off the wedding....thank God he has not complete the dowry.

Hope I was right?

Whether you did right or wrong, only time will tell.

3 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 25, 2021
100trillion:
My senior bro wedding was schedule for the 30th day of October 2021, his wife and her fams were on his heads, telling him to make sure the wedding is the talk of the town, that, he should rent a big hall and make sure food; drinks; meats; kola etc. are available.

So last night he told me, I asked if his wife contributed anything, he said "Monetary" No....that she said she'll bring ppl to cook food and handle things women are meant to handle.

I told my him: Snr bro, make marriage simple. Don't take loans for wedding, don't use all your savings on wedding just to please people. People come to eat, drink and leave you in povery. Manage what you have. If your wife can't help you to think straight, then she ain't wife worthy.
This afternoon, in my presence he called his in-laws and called off the wedding....thank God he has not complete the dowry.

Hope I was right?

Make I hear say I no like this Vital decision. Useless Zombies with shitty entitlement mentality. My prayer Is not to marry any leech from a Poverty Background. I reject them In Jesus Name......

6 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by roldet804(m): 10:52pm On Feb 25, 2021
BRATISLAVA:
Another woman bashing thread.

How much are you people paid to create these stories? Do you really think women don't have terrible stories to tell about men on a daily basis? The technique is old.

you ain't making a single sense

7 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Nobody: 10:52pm On Feb 25, 2021
100trillion:
Mbaise, Imo State.

That 300k covered for palm wine, beer nd kola o..
nawa o, how mush con b d complete dowry E sure me say that gal no b virgin sef
Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Toks2008(m): 10:54pm On Feb 25, 2021
100trillion:

Hope I was right?

Super story.

He called off the wedding just like that.

NEXT!

3 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Niceiroko: 10:55pm On Feb 25, 2021
Very right
Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 25, 2021
100trillion:

Hope I was right?

Ur brother is not a serious individual.

3 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Femeto: 10:58pm On Feb 25, 2021
ogub:
Calling off the wedding shouldn't have been the first thing to do he could have met with his prospective in-laws and tell them what he can afford to spend for the wedding and hear what they have to say
True.
Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 25, 2021
Michelle55:
You did the right thing bro.. Anyone expecting a plate of rice on my wedding day will wait till eternity because I ain't doing that shit.

If you want to celebrate with me, wait until after I've fought and conquered the stress, phases and struggles of my marriage with my husband by my side, then I will throw a big party for y'all( just come, eat and celebrate with us) I don't need anything from you undecided

Celebrate your post marriage and not your pre-wedding!!

If he ends up using his life savings to please the wife and her family, what will he use to feed her after the wedding? No be only talk of the town, na talk of the nation e go be undecided

Some people with unrealistic expectations sef yet they won't add a dime to make that dream a reality.. Mtcheew!

Keep this ur confused state indoors
Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by emonis88: 11:02pm On Feb 25, 2021
Dat il reset their brains! they il start asking him y na? then let him tell them how they want cus high blood pressure for him even bf he has officially taken their daughter to d alter. some people can senseless fa!

3 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 25, 2021
grin nice move guy. For helping your bro. You have just save his soul from a parasite. She for suck him blood and bone marrow join. grin

4 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by tegafej(m): 11:09pm On Feb 25, 2021
ImaIma1:
Your brother has probably been reasoning the matter before you spoke. You just echoed what he knew. Obviously, there are some other signs he has seen.

Very true
Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Polynek(m): 11:10pm On Feb 25, 2021
What you did is not the best thing, take it or U leave it.

2 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by BRATISLAVA: 11:15pm On Feb 25, 2021
Liposure:
You are missing the point

You don't even know the point.
Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by greggng: 11:25pm On Feb 25, 2021
100trillion:

Hope I was right?

Congratulations for bringing asunder to what God has brought together . The annoying part is that some naive people will give you like as if u achieved something good. . Your advice was not properly explained to your brother ....that was why he took it to the extreme. ....he should 've man up and do according to his financial capability instead of calling it off totally ...there is a difference btw making use of what you 've and not doing at all. Better pray nobody blames you for the failure of that marriage if they end up not marrying

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by AwesomeStormy00(m): 11:33pm On Feb 25, 2021
100trillion:

Hope I was right?

Now am beginning to understand why we have more widows than widowers in naija. Wedding see the kind bills on the guy head, tbe would be wife is contributing nothing i wonder if that's the culture sha.

In western world, the mother of the bride organise the wedding i mean pay for 90% of the wedding because it is her daughter big day.

Good for your brother sha i hope your brother's girlfriend family are going to understand and not start war of words.

2 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by uvie66: 11:44pm On Feb 25, 2021
ogub:
Calling off the wedding shouldn't have been the first thing to do he could have met with his prospective in-laws and tell them what he can afford to spend for the wedding and hear what they have to say
for the woman to say she won't contribute shi shi is enough to call off the wedding.

2 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by uvie66: 11:46pm On Feb 25, 2021
greggng:

Congratulations for bringing asunder to what God has brought together . The annoying part is that some naive people will give you like as if u achieved something good. . Your advice was not properly explained to your brother ....that was why he took it to the extreme. ....he should 've man up and do according to his financial capability instead of calling it off totally ...there is a difference btw making use of what you 've and not doing at all. Better pray nobody blames you for the failure of that marriage if they end up not marrying
na by force to marry

2 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by kalu61(m): 11:48pm On Feb 25, 2021
Michelle55:
You did the right thing bro.. Anyone expecting a plate of rice on my wedding day will wait till eternity because I ain't doing that shit.

If you want to celebrate with me, wait until after I've fought and conquered the stress, phases and struggles of my marriage with my husband by my side, then I will throw a big party for y'all( just come, eat and celebrate with us) I don't need anything from you undecided

Celebrate your post marriage and not your pre-wedding!!

If he ends up using his life savings to please the wife and her family, what will he use to feed her after the wedding? No be only talk of the town, na talk of the nation e go be undecided

Some people with unrealistic expectations sef yet they won't add a dime to make that dream a reality.. Mtcheew!
I don buy your engage ring, e de for fridge.

Nice comment, chai. Lady with sense

1 Like

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by SexytorresE(f): 11:48pm On Feb 25, 2021
Give me ur bro now that he just called off . cheesy kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Ilekokonit: 11:49pm On Feb 25, 2021
Righteousness2:
A Virtous Woman Knows that a Wedding is Just a day thing and would not throw her husband into unnecessary debts in the Name of impressing People.

Word on marble.

Most people especially easily influenced women fail to realize that the wedding day is a hundred meter dash whilst the marriage proper is a marathon .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by uvie66: 11:49pm On Feb 25, 2021
Blakpot:

Don't waste ur strength.
They won't change, its a culture here.
Even the girls here are cool with it.

Having been on NL for some time, I'm now desensitized to bias against women.

Yes whether you want to hear it or not NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE TOO MATERIALISTIC..No finance no romance.

5 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Princeps: 11:50pm On Feb 25, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

The truth is always painful to brainwashed women-hating men like you.
Brainwashed my a$$. See mumu wen dey find simp.

2 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by BRATISLAVA: 11:56pm On Feb 25, 2021
Princeps:
Brainwashed my a$$. See mumu wen dey find simp.

You're so SIMPle-minded that's all you can come up with. Enjoy your brain washed thoughts on women.

You're stupid, and nobody wants to tell you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by BarrElChapo(m): 12:09am On Feb 26, 2021
ubola:
You are toxic. For inflicting pains on someone else's daughter may your generation receive a double portion. You had the chance of advising your indecisive brother to reduce the cost but you went ahead to poison his effeminate mind. Karma is surely waiting for you.

As boring as your 1 like that you used a secondary account to do
Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by haaryobhami: 12:22am On Feb 26, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

It's getting to become disgusting the longer it stays.

It will eventually lead to abuse and cruelty towards women, because they are subtly using it to influence how people see women.

When people mention women on this forum, the first thing they read is hoe, cheat, bitch, pussy, money, entitled, hypergamy and other untrue things. The way they revel in it is something else.

It will take years to end the bias created. And while it is on, everyday there are crimes committed against women that forum men turn a blind eye to. Eventually it will reach them one day.

Seun Osewa is running toxic site for money.

cause that's what u vagina people are

1 Like

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Blakpot: 12:26am On Feb 26, 2021
uvie66:
Yes whether you want to hear it or not NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE TOO MATERIALISTIC..No finance no romance.

And so?
Does that make it ok to abuse them?

Anyway tnx for ur honesty.
At least one can narrow down to the source of ur hatred; frustration aggression.
No money/little money= No woman= Unhappiness= Hatred for women.

Also fail to factor in the period we live in and cultural influences.

1)We live in 21st century an era of hyper consumption.

2)Materialism is common in western cultures, of which we are heavily influenced by.

Moreover u can't paint every woman with the same brush u paint Instagram slay queen with, its unfair.

4 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by Nobody: 12:29am On Feb 26, 2021
mrgbenga1:
When has a marriage become a poverty alleviation programme

It has always been.

That's why it's not advisable to marry from a poor family. The black tax will destroy the marriage before you say jack.

4 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by greyvirgo(m): 12:30am On Feb 26, 2021
There's no right or wrong. Simply take a look at Instagram to see how far people push to get noticed.

Why didn't he see this till now? Why did it take you to help him see sense? That's the wrong bit...as, am sure the signals were there.

In terms of being right; glad he listened to you. Hopefully, you'd be able to steer him with wisdom in the direction of the right woman to get married to

Regards

2 Likes

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by openmine(m): 12:30am On Feb 26, 2021
Righteousness2:
Thats a very Bold move from your Brother !
You did a Great Job by Pouring out the raw bitter truth to him. That was a Good one.

Your GOD Designed Partner will not be a burden to you
Your GOD Designed Partner will not run you into Debts for an event of Few hrs, when you have Forever ahead.

A Virtous Woman Knows that a Wedding is Just a day thing and would not throw her husband into unnecessary debts in the Name of impressing People.
Nice one bro...seconded! cool cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by openmine(m): 12:33am On Feb 26, 2021
100trillion:
He told them. But they said if he ain't get no money, that he should not bother taking their daughter home....
Imagine? angry angry
Re: How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family by madridsta007(m): 12:41am On Feb 26, 2021
100trillion:

Hope I was right?

100%

You saved him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Drama As Trader Allegedly Finds Male’s Private Part Inside Food / Nwanyi Ocha, Swiss Blogger Celebrates Her Nigerian Husband's Birthday In Igbo / Bread On A Ceiling Fan Because Of Rat (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.