Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,938 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! (14969 Views)

PDP Forced Me To Sign Fake Results–abia North Returning Officer / Gov T.A Orji, Metuh Force Abia Returning Officer To Reverse Cancellation / I Didn’t Declare Abia North Senatorial Zone Result – Returning Officer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by adctrl: 11:07am On Apr 11, 2011
How can we be so sure this is true?
I think we should avoid jumping to conclusion on news that are not confirmed. What if the returning officer has been persuaded/bribed to dent the image of the people that have really won because the losers are not happy? I don't think this is an impossibility.
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by onyengbu: 11:09am On Apr 11, 2011
And why will a result sheet which is meant to be filled AFTER all results have been collated and written down on a rough paper be mutilated again.
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by Xfactoria: 11:10am On Apr 11, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

X-factoria,
how do u conclude that peter obi is so popular that he cannot be beaten in his own LG?

Simple: Mrs Uche Ekwunife of APGA won the ANAOCHA/NJIKOKA/DUNUKOFIA FED. CONSTITUENCY (the same area which result was disputed by Ngige) and both elections took place at the same time. It clearly indicates that APGA is more popular in that area than ACN.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201104112541871
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by nvo5(f): 11:10am On Apr 11, 2011
Alj Uche:

your link is broken

OK read this newspaper http://www.punchng.com
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by Xfactoria: 11:12am On Apr 11, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

And why will a result sheet which is meant to be filled AFTER all results have been collated and written down on a rough paper be mutilated again.

Sometimes, previously agreed invalid votes could later be resolved in favour of a particular candidate. It happens.
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by Orikinla(m): 11:16am On Apr 11, 2011
From field reports all over Nigeria the National Assembly Elections of last Saturday April 9, 2011, have not been really free and fair.

The Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Professor Attahiru Jega has shown that he has been overwhelmed by the herculean task of conducting free and fair elections in a nation that is ruled by corruption at all levels of public administration and the unscrupulous citizens prefer ignominious ways of life to honourable and noble values and virtues of a civilized society and they would rather practice kleptocracy instead of democracy.

In civilized nations, the omissions of the names or logos of any duly registered political party on the ballot are enough to cancel the entire election. Therefore, let us stop all these mischievous gerrymandering of electoral fraud and do the right thing or annul the whole April elections until further notice.

These uncivilized Nigerians are not ready to practice democracy.

This is my final verdict on the NASS polls.
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by onyengbu: 11:18am On Apr 11, 2011
X-factoria,

you just surprised me with that reply.

Did uche ekwunife contest against Ngige?
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by onyengbu: 11:20am On Apr 11, 2011
You cannot measure any other ACN candidate's performance with that of Ngige.
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by Anaegboka(m): 11:21am On Apr 11, 2011
Can someone pls tell me the difference between fake drugs and fake mandate and if both are capable of taking lives.
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 11, 2011
X-factoria:

Simple: Mrs Uche Ekwunife of APGA won the ANAOCHA/NJIKOKA/DUNUKOFIA FED. CONSTITUENCY (the same area which result was disputed by Ngige) and both elections took place at the same time. It clearly indicates that APGA is more popular in that area than ACN.

Don't say what you don't know!

People will vote for Dr. Chris Ngige, even if he was in PDP. APGA might be popular but NOT when it comes to Ngige.

An election that was counted in the middle of the night is NOT to be trusted. While their mates were submitting within INEC's deadline of 6.00pm, they submitted at about 1.00am. It it very clear that the results were tampered with.

Uche Ekwunife does not have an opponent as strong as Ngige and can actually claime her own victory . . . even though I still suspect a foul play!  undecided
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by dremoney(m): 11:31am On Apr 11, 2011
Ngige, Akunyili: My life is in danger, returning officer
From GEOFFREY ANYANWU, Anambra
Monday, April 11, 2011

Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
The returning officer in Anambra Central Senatorial District election, Mr. Alex Anene, yesterday, claimed his life was in danger for refusing an offer of N10 million naira to announce a mutilated result.
Anene had earlier in the day, jetted out of the Awka South INEC collation centre following pressure on him to announce the result of the senatorial election in Njikoka Local Government Area during the senatorial election which was mutilated.

The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) agent had protested the alleged mutilation of the said result by the returning officer of the local government, Prof. Nonso Nnabuife.

Addressing newsmen yesterday, Anene said that when Nnabuife brought the result, he noticed that Nimo Ward 1, 2 and 3 were mutilated while that of Enugu Ukwu was cancelled.

He inquired why the results were tampered with but the returning officer said he cancelled them himself, and asked him to contact the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC). When he did, he alleged the REC directed him to accept the mutilated result. He, however, said his conscience and training could not allow him to accept it. Hence, he dropped the materials and left the place.

He further said: “In the process, there were advances on me to announce the mutilated result with an offer of N10 million naira, a duplex and training of some of my children by people suspected to be agents of one of the interested parties. But my conscience was against such things. My life is in danger now. I don’t know where to go, that is why I ran to you the press.”
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by Xfactoria: 11:31am On Apr 11, 2011
Ujujoan:

Don't say what you don't know!

People will vote for Dr. Chris Ngige, even if he was in PDP. APGA might be popular but NOT when it comes to Ngige.

An election that was counted in the middle of the night is NOT to be trusted. While their mates were submitting within INEC's deadline of 6.00pm, they submitted at about 1.00am. It it very clear that the results were tampered with.

Uche Ekwunife does not have an opponent as strong as Ngige and can actually claime her own victory . . . even though I still suspect a foul play!  undecided

So are you saying Ngige is more popular than Peter Obi in the latter's Federal constituency Doesn't the fact that Peter Obi's APGA won the Fed. Constituency points to something??

If Ngige is that popular there, how come he lost the guber of March 2010 to Peter Obi? Are you sure you guys are not overrating the guy??
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by Dotman01(m): 11:33am On Apr 11, 2011
Ujujoan:

. . . . Perfect

Ujujoan:

Uche Ekwunife does not have an opponent as strong as Ngige
. . . . God bless u
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by Anaegboka(m): 11:35am On Apr 11, 2011
X-factoria:

Anambrarians voted for candidates not political parties and who told the result was not tampered with. Ngige is the most popular politician in Anambra state right now.
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by sley4life(m): 11:38am On Apr 11, 2011
Dora has maimed her integrity. She should just forget about any political appointment. Chris Ngige should take it up if the victory is not in his favor. To rule is not by force
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by ifyalways(f): 11:41am On Apr 11, 2011
Anaegboka:

Anambrarians voted for candidates not political parties and who told the result was not tampered with. Ngige is the most popular politician in Anambra state right now.
GBAM . . .Double Gbam.

Nwabufo  undecided
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 11, 2011
X-factoria:

So are you saying Ngige is more popular than Peter Obi in the latter's Federal constituency Doesn't the fact that Peter Obi's APGA won the Fed. Constituency points to something??

If Ngige is that popular there, [b]how come he lost the guber of March 2010 to Peter Obi? [/b]Are you sure you guys are not overrating the guy??

Did you know that elections materials were not supplied at Ngige's stronghold during the election?

Did your know that before the elections results were declared, Obi was already crying?

What happened during the Guber elections is a different matter entirely.

However what you should know is that Obi can NEVER win Nigige in a free and fair election in Anambra State, anytime any day. Not in 2010 and certainly  NOT now!

Obi's constituency which is his ONLY stronghold is not half the population of Ngige's LGA.

I live in Awka and work with the Anambra State Government . . .  So trust me, I know what I'm saying!

Obi will use his last breath to make sure Ngige loses this election and rigging is honestly his only alternative.

Out of every 10 neutral Anambrarians, only 2 will choose Obi over Nigige.

I personally would not pick Ngige as my first choice, but it's not every time you see someone with this sort of mass support from the electorate. Forget propaganda, forget incumbency . . .  Anambra people know who they really want.
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by Dotman01(m): 11:43am On Apr 11, 2011
dremoney:

Ngige, Akunyili: My life is in danger, returning officer
From GEOFFREY ANYANWU, Anambra
Monday, April 11, 2011

Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
The returning officer in Anambra Central Senatorial District election, Mr. Alex Anene, yesterday, claimed his life was in danger for refusing an offer of N10 million naira to announce a mutilated result.
Anene had earlier in the day, jetted out of the Awka South INEC collation centre following pressure on him to announce the result of the senatorial election in Njikoka Local Government Area during the senatorial election which was mutilated.

The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) agent had protested the alleged mutilation of the said result by the returning officer of the local government, Prof. Nonso Nnabuife.

Addressing newsmen yesterday, Anene said that when Nnabuife brought the result, he noticed that Nimo Ward 1, 2 and 3 were mutilated while that of Enugu Ukwu was cancelled.

He inquired why the results were tampered with but the returning officer said he cancelled them himself, and asked him to contact the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC). When he did, he alleged the REC directed him to accept the mutilated result. He, however, said his conscience and training could not allow him to accept it. Hence, he dropped the materials and left the place.

He further said: “In the process, there were advances on me to announce the mutilated result with an offer of N10 million naira, a duplex and training of some of my children by people suspected to be agents of one of the interested parties. But my conscience was against such things. My life is in danger now. I don’t know where to go, that is why I ran to you the press.”

. . . . This man is worthy of bn honoured, u will neva find this kind name on the list of MON/OFR. But the likes of etteh will be the 1st on d list . . . .msheuwwww
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 11, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

X-factoria,

you just surprised me with that reply.

Did uche ekwunife contest against Ngige?

I think the guy is just saying what he doesn't know!

Even Ferdinand Dozie Nwankwo who was Uche Ekwunife's opponent can very well beat Uche hands down if the elections were free and fair. APGA will NEVER give up their seats to ACN so let's not celebrate over Uche Ekwunife's victory because I know even that was tampered with!
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by sley4life(m): 11:55am On Apr 11, 2011
Dora should go & eat Cassava. So Dora can act so ghoulish.Maybe Peter Obi would make her SSG or a commissioner cos I know PDP might not reinstate her for any political office. Party prostitute!
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by ebuka247: 11:56am On Apr 11, 2011
Yes Inec Officer should follow the trend or resign. After all Ngige rigged election to be in that seat as a Governor, so if the same was done to him, let him go and have seat. I did not expect him to come out in this election. He suppose to be our future Governor, Is it politics business he is into. When you order for Governor you do not get then move to senate. Na waoh. Let him join Apga and he will be the next Governor.
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by dustydee: 11:59am On Apr 11, 2011
X-factoria:

It doesn't follow. People can vote for different parties at the same polling booth.
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by Anaegboka(m): 12:00pm On Apr 11, 2011
Ujujoan:

Did you know that elections materials were not supplied at Ngige's stronghold during the election?

Did your know that before the elections results were declared, Obi was already crying?

However what you should know is that Obi can NEVER win Nigige in a free and fair election in Anambra State, anytime any day. Not in 2010 and certainly  NOT now!

Obi's constituency which is his ONLY stronghold is not half the population of Ngige's LGA.

I live in Awka and work with the Anambra State Government . . .  So trust me, I know what I'm saying!

Obi will use his last breath to make sure Ngige loses this election and rigging is honestly his only alternative.

I personally would not pick Ngige as my first choice, but it's not every time you see someone with this sort of mass support from the electorate. Forget propaganda, forget incumbency . . .  Anambra people know who they really want.

Anybody who has ever moved round Anambra state will agree with your statement even a blind man and thank God that Peter Obi and his townswoman has just made him more popular.
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by enomakos(m): 12:00pm On Apr 11, 2011
my people i no fit laugh o, interesting thread
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by jason123: 12:07pm On Apr 11, 2011
ebuka247:

Yes Inec Officer should follow the trend or resign. After all Ngige rigged election to be in that seat as a Governor, so if the same was done to him, let him go and have seat. I did not expect him to come out in this election. He suppose to be our future Governor, Is it politics business he is into. When you order for Governor you do not get then move to senate. Na waoh. Let him join Apga and he will be the next Governor.

Ebuka, what a very daft, stupi.d and nonsensical statement!!!
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by Xfactoria: 12:12pm On Apr 11, 2011
Ujujoan:

[b]However what you should know is that Obi can NEVER win Nigige in a free and fair election in Anambra State, anytime any day. Not in 2010 and certainly NOT now![/b]Obi's constituency which is his ONLY stronghold is not half the population of Ngige's LGA.

I live in Awka and work with the Anambra State Government . . . So trust me, I know what I'm saying!

I personally would not pick Ngige as my first choice, but it's not every time you see someone with this sort of mass support from the electorate. Forget propaganda, forget incumbency . . . Anambra people know who they really want.

I am not aware Ngige complained about the 2010 guber being rigged by APGA. That election was just last year!

How come there were no protests when Obi won last year. Please be logical for once!
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by Anaegboka(m): 12:13pm On Apr 11, 2011
Dotman01:

. . . . This man is worthy of bn honoured, u will neva find this kind name on the list of MON/OFR. But the likes of etteh will be the 1st on d list . . . .msheuwwww
Once in a while a bad system throws up a good man. Thank God this kind of good man still exists in a bad system like Nigeria.
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by Beaf: 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2011
The INEC official did the right thing and most likely saved himself jail time, cos there are too many checks for any rigging to succeed this time. When a whole Obj looked in the crystal ball, saw futility and decided to take it like a man, lil Dora attempted to rig instead! shocked

She MUST go to jail. This is a new Nigeria.
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by jason123: 12:17pm On Apr 11, 2011
Beaf:

The INEC official did the right thing and most likely saved himself jail time, cos there are too many checks for any rigging to succeed this time. When a whole Obj looked in the crystal ball, saw futility and decided to take it like a man, lil Dora attempted to rig instead! shocked

She MUST go to jail. This is a new Nigeria.

Thanks Beaf!!! People do not want to leave this rigging mentality.
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 11, 2011
X-factoria:

I am not aware Ngige complained about the 2010 guber being rigged by APGA. That election was just last year!

How come there were no protests when Obi won last year. Please be logical for once!

Shows how little you know . . .  even as we speak, an election tribunal is still deliberating on these issues. Ngige is seriously contesting the results in court. How can you NOT know that    undecided
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by SUV(f): 12:21pm On Apr 11, 2011
S/NO LGA                          ACN                                 APGA
1 ANAOCHA                      4,561                              22,481* (Dora Akunyili’s LGA)

2 AWKA NORTH                1,787                              4,245

3 AWKA SOUTH                11,973                           12,510

4 DUNUKOFIA                   6,297                             4,513

5 IDEMILI NORTH              22,559*                         10,093 (Chris Ngige’s LGA)

6 IDEMILI SOUTH              10,585                         4,141

7 NJIKOKA                         7,814                      8,284

TOTAL                            ACN  65,576              PDP  66,267

The result shows that both Ngige and Dora won in thir respective LGA's. so why is Ngige crying fowl that there was rigging in Dora' LGA? how come he has similar no of votes from his own LGA?
let Ngige go to court with all his evidence and stop tarnishing the image of others because of desperation for power.
I think we should all stop criticizing Dora, look at things closely before u pass ur judgement.
Re: Ngige Won, Says Inec Returning Officer. Peter Obi Rigged It! by babyoy(f): 12:22pm On Apr 11, 2011
Nigeria is really progressing.Jonathan actually left INEC to do their job.Thank God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Two Condemned Robbers Escape From Courtroom / Maryam Uwais - "Senator Yerima And Constitutional Review" / Chinese President's Envoy To Attend Nigerian President's Inauguration Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.