Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,478 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel (28347 Views)

NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel / Subsidy: "FG Borrowing To Import Fuel" - Zainab Ahmed / PIB Would Permit Only Dangote Refinery, NNPC To Import Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by COMPAQ(m): 5:20pm On Feb 28, 2021
Fixey:

Dude, Dangote started from license just like the others. Your comment says alot about your awareness. Do your digging. Other refineries are in the pipelines. There's a Yoruba billionaire too in the mix with around 450,009 barrels a day capacity, BUA with 250,000 barrels a day and much more

. If you don't throw your nets wide, stop commenting like you know much

License does not equate action. Dangote so far is the only one to be brave enough to take action.

I'm amazed that with what you have experienced in Nigeria you are basing argument on license. And you claim to know so much.

Everyday newspaper headline is govtbto build this, govt to establish that. How many of them ever get done. Stop being naive.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by mmsen: 5:21pm On Feb 28, 2021
GOVERNMENT2:
grin

NA THIS MATTER WE JUST DEY SETTLE FOR HERE NOW

What is the story behind that picture?
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 28, 2021
FG is just hiding it's face under dangote.
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Fixey: 5:25pm On Feb 28, 2021
COMPAQ:

License does not equate action. Dangote so far is the only one to be brave enough to take action.

I'm amazed that with what you have experienced in Nigeria you are basing argument on license. And you claim to know so much.

Everyday newspaper headline is govtbto build this, govt to establish that. How many of them ever get done. Stop being naive.

Okay. Dangote build a refinery the day he got license. Nice one

. Since you're smart in your eyes fool. When we talk monopoly it looks like we don't know what we're talking about. How many other people the FG granted license did the FG give the money to build them like they did with Dangote. Shioor

You're a big full that think he knows anything.
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by COMPAQ(m): 5:31pm On Feb 28, 2021
Fixey:

. Since you're smart in your eyes fool. When we talk monopoly it looks like we don't know what we're talking about. How many other people the FG granted license did the FG give the money to build them like they did with Dangote. Shioor

And stop being childish by insulting.

FG did not give Dangote money to 100% build refinery. Dangote has his personal equity in the project. There is also structured financing from consortium of banks and support from CBN. I saw a headline from Emefiele recently saying CBN supported with N100bln. Thats just $250mln for a $14bln project.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by COMPAQ(m): 5:33pm On Feb 28, 2021
COMPAQ:

FG did not give Dangote money to 100% build refinery. Dangote has his personal equity in the project. There is also structured financing from consortium of banks and support from CBN. I saw a headline from Emefiele recently saying CBN supported with N100bln. Thats just $250mln for a $14bln project.

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by asksteve(m): 5:33pm On Feb 28, 2021
Rugaria:
Dangote wants only refinery licence holders to import fuel

https://punchng.com/dangote-wants-only-refinery-licence-holders-to-import-fuel/

[b][/b]

Is their license for fuel importation or refining?

Are they supposed to be struggling over who will import or making local production sufficient such that they can export.

Or is this just another way of creating a new power block in the downstream sector?
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by COMPAQ(m): 5:35pm On Feb 28, 2021
Fixey:

Stop being childish by insulting me. Calling me a fool adds little value to you or your argument.

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by mrnelsono(m): 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2021
this man wants to suffocate Nigerian business in all sectors
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Aconomist: 5:36pm On Feb 28, 2021
COMPAQ:

Not sure where you $3 cement comes from o! Also note that 80lb is about 36kg

You are a monkey. I live in the U.S. Normal cement is between $3-4. You are comparing masonry cement and different grades of cement and confusing yourself.

1 Share

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by richmond500: 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2021
Fixey:

It's so annoying. And that people don't see the potential danger one few hands managing the economy of multi millions is what's even more worrisome. They will call it hate

Why can't we have free commodities and products markets for goodness sakes
did FG close down the refinery u built just to promote Dangotes refinery? ur uzor kalu will steal ur money and run to UK, Atiku steals and run to Dubai, Amaechi steals and run to Texas but u are here fighting a man who invest heavily in his home town, a man who provides job.
As long as he will not run to America and build big companies, he should keep monopolising us.

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by AFONJACOW(m): 5:41pm On Feb 28, 2021
One would ask, why Dangote is not a global brand competing with Others in Global market, why is it only in Nigeria and few poorer Africa countries he operating... Here is the answer, Dangote has nothing to offer to world first countries and he can't compete with any of these billionaires there because those guys are making their riches genuinely with their brains while Dangote depends on government patronage and monopoly to make his own money.. if you strips him off , all these sphere of influence, dangote will go broke because he don't have sense of innovation.. aboki nah aboki
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by COMPAQ(m): 5:43pm On Feb 28, 2021
Aconomist:
You are a monkey. I live in the U.S. Normal cement is between $3-4. You are comparing masonry cement and different grades of cement and confusing yourself.

You've used monkey 3 or 4times. You really must be a child. I won't descend to your level.

That bag of cement you posted there is 80pounds, which is 36kg. What we sell in Nigeria is 50kg. At 50k equivalent by simple proration that would be $5 which is either N2k or N2.35k depending on which exchange rate.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by COMPAQ(m): 5:44pm On Feb 28, 2021
richmond500:
did FG close down the refinery u built just to promote Dangotes refinery? ur uzor kalu will steal ur money and run to UK, Atiku steals and run to Dubai, Amaechi steals and run to Texas but u are here fighting a man who invest heavily in his home town, a man who provides job.
As long as he will not run to America and build big companies, he should keep monopolising us.

Abi o. Like federal government offers us anything better.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by COMPAQ(m): 5:48pm On Feb 28, 2021
AFONJACOW:
One would ask, why Dangote is not a global brand competing with Others in Global market, why is it only in Nigeria and few poorer Africa countries he operating... Here is the answer, Dangote has nothing to offer to world first countries and he can't compete with any of these billionaires there because those guys are making their riches genuinely with their brains while Dangote depends on government patronage and monopoly to make his own money.. if you strips him off , all these sphere of influence, dangote will go broke because he don't have sense of innovation.. aboki nah aboki

Dangote had gone where the margins are highest. Why compete in a saturated market. Are we thinking at all. Do we not do our own personal business? Do you invest more in your product thats not moving? Why do you expect one set of principles for yourself and a different set for Dangote.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Aconomist: 5:49pm On Feb 28, 2021
COMPAQ:

You've used monkey 3 or 4times. You really must be a child. I won't descend to your level.

That bag of cement you posted there is 80pounds, which is 36kg. What we sell in Nigeria is 50kg. At 50k equivalent by simple proration that would be $5 which is either N2k or N2.35k depending on which exchange rate.
I'm calling you a monkey for a reason, friend. Here is thread from January showing cement prices all over Nigeria:

https://www.nairaland.com/6340394/how-much-cement-area-why

Many people are reporting paying as much as 4200 naira of 50kg, which is around $10 -- AKA double the price in the U.S. GBAM!
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Fixey: 5:50pm On Feb 28, 2021
richmond500:

.. I'm not igbo

The FG should loan the other licensees money and grant them the exact same operational conditions
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Fixey: 5:50pm On Feb 28, 2021
COMPAQ:

Stop being childish by insulting me. Calling me a fool adds little value to you or your argument.

I expected emotional guilt tripping rather than facts. Nice one with the deflection
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Fixey: 5:52pm On Feb 28, 2021
COMPAQ:

You heard. Smh. Clown
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 28, 2021
What happens to having strategic reserves...is turn around maintenance forever there should be zero import
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by loswhite(m): 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2021
Fixey:

Stop saying things you don't know dude

There are so many reasons. One of which is their greed get quick dollars and then import, it's not so with all at the same time. Use your brain.
You are the one clearly not using your brain but at least you used it to mention what I wanted to hear GREED...Have a nice day

1 Like

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by COMPAQ(m): 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2021
Fixey:

You heard. Smh. Clown

Even assuming CBN gave N1trln, that's only $3bln - for $ 14bln project. And like FG can give N1trln. Keep believing conspiracy theories instead of facts.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Fixey: 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2021
loswhite:
You are the one clearly not using your brain but at least you used it to mention what I wanted to hear GREED...Have a nice day

Get lost. You have nothing to say
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Fixey: 5:58pm On Feb 28, 2021
COMPAQ:

Even assuming CBN gave N1trln, that's only $3bln - for $ 14bln project. And like FG can give N1trln. Keep believing conspiracy theories instead of facts.

For an overpriced project

CBN should give the same 3 billion dollars to all competitors and the FG should give them the exact same waivers across board

Slowpoke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by COMPAQ(m): 5:58pm On Feb 28, 2021
Fixey:

I expected emotional guilt tripping rather than facts. Nice one with the deflection

I have presented plenty of facts, but you have presented none. Look at all the screenshot I have used on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Fixey: 5:58pm On Feb 28, 2021
COMPAQ:

I have presented plenty of facts, but you have presented none.

Indeed. Like you addressed any of mine
Dude,, get the fvck out a my mentions
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by plaindealer: 5:59pm On Feb 28, 2021
Rugaria:

It's very obvious, but when you complain about this man's uncanny brand of vicious monopoly/capitalism, folks make it look like you are just hating..
From flour, to grains and cement, he has managed to sponsor presidents who helped him push off his competitors. He will then monopolize the sector, fix prices as he feels and disappear into one of his mansions while ordinary people suffer.. Cement prices in Nigeria are higher than that of other countries where Dangote has cement plants! Yet he has licences for limestone here in Nigeria! The man is a daredevil capitalist who believes strongly in manipulatig the system to squeeze the last breadth out of the poor masses.. To think that he is even being used as the top example of successful entrepreneurs, that the young in this country should look up to is simply mind boggling..

How Dangote restored ANAMMCO, created jobs in South-East

The Anambra Motor Manufacturing Company Limited has returned to full operation, thanks to the Dangote Group. That was the takeaway from a recent tour of the massive auto assembly plant at Emene Industrial Layout near Enugu by some motoring journalists including our correspondent.

About 90 per cent of trucks produced here are for Dangote. Right now at the dump, we have about 300 units. Since last year, we have done 800 units. Dangote Group since inception has bought about 3,500 units from us. It also patronises the Shackman trucks for its refinery currently being built in Lagos,” Nneji said.

https://punchng.com/how-dangote-restored-anammco-created-jobs-in-south-east/

Dangote alone revived the moribund and decayed ANNAMCO in Enugu when he invested N63 billion in the South East with the purchase of over 3,500 trucks.

He not only saved and revived ANNAMCO, but he also created jobs and expand Enugu's IGR base.

......but of course, Dangote is the man a lot of misguided bigots, sad and negative people and misguided trolls love to hate.

When was the last time any of your so-called massive SE billionaires invested N63 billion in the SE?

When was the last time they saved one of the dead and moribund industries and hundreds of jobs?

Or the hundreds of thousands of Nigerians set to gain employment and put food on the table via the world's largest single-train refinery shouldn't see employment because it's a monopoly?

Should the hundreds of thousands of Nigerians already collecting paychecks from his several companies also resigned since it's a monopoly?

How is it even a monopoly when we have several entities in Nigeria openly making and selling the same thing Dangote is making and selling?

We know your concern has nothing to do with anything but your usual hatred, bitterness, and anti-Nigerian sentiments and as usual, it's nauseating and shallow.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by richmond500: 6:03pm On Feb 28, 2021
Fixey:

.. I'm not igbo

The FG should loan the other licensees money and grant them the exact same operational conditions
I didn't say u are Igbo, if I was the president of this country, I'll give Dangote a upper hand among his competitors.
Reason is that Dangote will invest in the country, whether dollar rise or not.

Dangote saw places like Qatar where he will make cool cash but choose to build refinery in Nigeria when it looks like the country is about to sink, he told the FG many times to start looking at other sectors too but they turned deaf ears and depend on oil, Now oil is not giving us much money and he tries to do that which FG should have done years ago to help the country, Dangote is a blessing to Nigeria.

furthermore, Dangote didn't monopolise every sector of the economy, as long as I am concern, Dangote didn't enter the oil industry when it was booming with cool cash, he decided to join when people are trying to run away from it.

For decades, Nigeria has depend on imported refined oil, then Dangote comes and save us the stress and all u could say is that he is monopolising us, Why didn't others build it years ago?
2moro, Dangote will invest in artificial intelligence and u will shout monopoly, but now u/anyone are not doing anything about it o

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by COMPAQ(m): 6:03pm On Feb 28, 2021
Fixey:

CBN should give the same 3 billion dollars to all competitors and the FG should give them the exact same waivers across board

Slowpoke

Overpriced you say. According to you. Project costs can vary widely depending on where you are constructing it. Meanwhile Dangotes refinery is the biggest in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by plaindealer: 6:04pm On Feb 28, 2021
Fixey:

Slowpoke

You know it's overpriced because you a refinery expert and you've built the world's largest single-train refineries, the world's largest fertilizer plant, petrochemical, and gas plants?

Do you have comparative cost analysis and comparisons regarding similar facilities around the world?

You people and your shallow, childish and ignorant rubbish sha..

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Fixey: 6:05pm On Feb 28, 2021
plaindealer:

You know it's overpriced because you a refinery expert and you've built the world's largest single-train refineries, the world's largest fertilizer plant, petrochemical, and gas plants?

Do you have comparative cost analysis and comparisons regarding similar facilities around the world?

You people and your shallow, childish and ignorant rubbish sha..

The same conditions should be given to all operators across board. Anything short of this is tilted towards a monopolistic economy

And as for your curses there's nothing special about a fertiliser and a pharmaceutical industrial complex coming with a refinery... Perhaps to you it's overly complex to digest but to others nope.

You've been observed

Enjoy the rest of your day
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Fixey: 6:05pm On Feb 28, 2021
COMPAQ:

Overpriced you say. According to you. Project costs can vary widely depending on where you are constructing it. Meanwhile Dangotes refinery is the biggest in the world.

. I ignored you ago. Get the fvck outta my mentions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Atiku Arrives Enugu for South East PDP Zonal Meeting / BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting / Door Of Holy Kaabah Opened For Bagudu, Kebbi Governor, His Entourage In Mecca

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.