Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,692 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel (28353 Views)

NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel / Subsidy: "FG Borrowing To Import Fuel" - Zainab Ahmed / PIB Would Permit Only Dangote Refinery, NNPC To Import Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by walex2(m): 6:06pm On Feb 28, 2021
Fixey:

It's so annoying. And that people don't see the potential danger one few hands managing the economy of multi millions is what's even more worrisome. They will call it hate

Why can't we have free commodities and products markets for goodness sakes
I will not blame Dangote what stops other big players in the oil sector from having a refinery? Is just because of the economic rents they enjoyed from fuel importation. Nothing stop Mobil, Total, even oando from having 500,000 barrels per day refinery, but they would not because of the free money they enjoyed from importation

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 28, 2021
snitch37:

Oga shut-up...to comment no be by force.Don't display ur ignorance in public all in the name of 'I must comment'.

Thank you for being very rude and offensive in your comment

Good evening to you.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 28, 2021
Aconomist:
Dangote makes a 60% profit margin in Nigeria compared to 20% in other African country. Stop typing rubbish you dumb monkey.

Thanks for calling me a dumb monkey, especially as I don't recall insulting or abusing you....

Good evening. Have a nice day sir.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Fixey: 6:09pm On Feb 28, 2021
plaindealer:

Dangote alone revived the moribund and decayed ANNAMCO in Enugu when he invested N63 billion in the South East with the purchase of over 3,500 trucks.

He not only saved and revived ANNAMCO, but he also created jobs and expand Enugu's IGR base.

......but of course, Dangote is the man a lot of misguided bigots, sad and negative people and misguided trolls love to hate.

When was the last time any of your so-called massive SE billionaires invested N63 billion in the SE?

When was the last time they saved one of the dead and moribund industries and hundreds of jobs?

Or the hundreds of thousands of Nigerians set to gain employment and put food on the table via the world's largest single-train refinery shouldn't see employment because it's a monopoly?

Should the hundreds of thousands of Nigerians already collecting paychecks from his several companies also resigned since it's a monopoly?

How is it even a monopoly when we have several entities in Nigeria openly making and selling the same thing Dangote is making and selling?

We know your concern has nothing to do with anything but your usual hatred, bitterness, and anti-Nigerian sentiments and as usual, it's nauseating and shallow.

I'll end on this note as of course everything is bigotry. Thankfully I'm not igbo

The same market waivers and conditions should be given across board and entry into any industry Dangote operators should be easy. Then we shall know if it's bigotry from us or a cajole from the abuja complex

No dirty mud slinging here

Peace
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by QuotaSystem: 6:09pm On Feb 28, 2021
COMPAQ:

You've used monkey 3 or 4times. You really must be a child. I won't descend to your level.

That bag of cement you posted there is 80pounds, which is 36kg. What we sell in Nigeria is 50kg. At 50k equivalent by simple proration that would be $5 which is either N2k or N2.35k depending on which exchange rate.

Don't mind the amateur propagandist.

What he even posted was a concrete mix with just a proportion of cement, and not an equivalent to 50kg bag of pure cement which is why it was so cheap.

All their arguments are illogical, based on sentiment driven baseless assumptions and fueled by sheer dishonesty, bigotry and frustrated secessionist agenda.

Anybody that cannot stand Dangote's heat should get outta the kitchen.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 28, 2021
gstream:

Come chop this slap... it should deliver from making such irrelevant comment in the future.

Thaks for threatening to slap me. Shows that you really do love slapping people you've never met...plus I didn't threaten violence towards you or threaten to attack you...I wonder what it is that is making you so angry with my comment, that you cannot just make your point and go.

Well, have a good day, and God bless you (assuming you are religious, if not, I wish you what you wish yourself.)

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by COMPAQ(m): 6:10pm On Feb 28, 2021
This suggests using $25k as a basis of per barrel cost of setting up a refinery. Therefore 600,000 barrel refinery would cost circa $15bln.

So much from the guy who says I don't present facts.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Fixey: 6:10pm On Feb 28, 2021
walex2:
I will not blame Dangote what stops other big players in the oil sector from having a refinery? Is just because of the economic rents they enjoyed from fuel importation. Nothing stop Mobil, Total, even oando from having 500,000 barrels per day refinery, but they would not because of the free money they enjoyed from importation

Don't forget port Harcourt refinery was first owned by an oil. Company. After the take over and after how Russia took international company assets after Put in grabbed power, it company would sure want to play safe

Dangote can build, no problem, but he should stop controlling industries and changing rules to what suits him. This is the bane of the matter
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by zoedew: 6:11pm On Feb 28, 2021
Rugaria:
Dangote wants only refinery licence holders to import fuel

https://punchng.com/dangote-wants-only-refinery-licence-holders-to-import-fuel/

[b][/b]

Fair enough! Folks should put their money where their mouth is!! We should rapidly move away from a suitcase/trader's economy to a manufacturing economy.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Fixey: 6:12pm On Feb 28, 2021
QuotaSystem:

What he even posted was a concrete mix with just a proportion of cement, and not an equivalent to 50kg bag of pure cement which is why it was so cheap.

All their arguments are illogical, based on sentiment driven assumptions and fueled by sheer bigotry and secessionist agenda.

Of course your truth is right, while that of others is Propaganda

Make we disintegrate so you can practice your truth in your enclaves while others practice that as they see fit.

It's only a matter of time. Maximum of ten years. It will surely come

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Aconomist: 6:14pm On Feb 28, 2021
I expected Dangote to target international exports markets with this refinery because it adheres to the strict EURO V standard. Most of the petrol imported into Nigeria is very cheap high sulfur content garbage that wouldn't be accepted anywhere else. Dangote can't compete with that without massive government support.
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Cromagnon: 6:15pm On Feb 28, 2021
Rugaria:

It's very obvious, but when you complain about this man's uncanny brand of vicious monopoly/capitalism, folks make it look like you are just hating..
From flour, to grains and cement, he has managed to sponsor presidents who helped him push off his competitors. He will then monopolize the sector, fix prices as he feels and disappear into one of his mansions while ordinary people suffer.. Cement prices in Nigeria are higher than that of other countries where Dangote has cement plants! Yet he has licences for limestone here in Nigeria! The man is a daredevil capitalist who believes strongly in manipulatig the system to squeeze the last breadth out of the poor masses.. To think that he is even being used as the top example of successful entrepreneurs, that the young in this country should look up to is simply mind boggling..
nobody is stopping you from building your own refineries so you can benefit o
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Fixey: 6:16pm On Feb 28, 2021
Aconomist:
I expected Dangote to target international exports markets with this refinery because it adheres to the strict EURO V standard. Most of the petrol imported into Nigeria is very cheap high sulfur content garbage that wouldn't be accepted anywhere else. Dangote can't compete with that without massive government support.

Something they will never agree with. Why Nigeria is blind is what I don't understand. If FG and PENCOM could be heavily involved in this, who bedevilled the country not to have atleast ten functional refineries?
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Cromagnon: 6:16pm On Feb 28, 2021
Fixey:

I'm tired of talking about his matter lest it's interpreted as envy. Let's just disintegrate so I can push for open market economy in my region. No one must control more than 25% stake in any industry.
what if the other 75% are lazy, you prefer scarcity?

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Fixey: 6:17pm On Feb 28, 2021
Cromagnon:
nobody is stopping you from building your own refineries so you can benefit o

It's not about Dangote build or not building a refinery. It's about him wanting ownership of the whole industrial complex. He can have ten Trillion barrels a day, no problem. But the oil industry should be the Definitive when it comes to crude oil and not him creating and enacting laws
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Cromagnon: 6:18pm On Feb 28, 2021
tamdun:
Mr Dangote, don't push ur luck too far
why aren't you pushing yours at all. Why must be limit himself because you're lazy

1 Like

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Fixey: 6:18pm On Feb 28, 2021
Cromagnon:
what if the other 75% are lazy, you prefer scarcity?

Go to history of the world to a 1000 years back you'd understand. Once people own the nation they begin to sponsor and topple governments, wars etc. It's not right to let anyone upscale that much power to stop the world and nation from what it used to be. He can have his refinery, but the rules and principles of play should not be controlled by any individual regardless of their intent and goodwill
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Cromagnon: 6:19pm On Feb 28, 2021
GamalNasser:
I thought he was building a refinery to stop importation of fuel so why does he still have his eyes on importation.... These are not business men but criminal racketeers forcing the hand of the market to their advantage
if e easy why you no racket join?
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by persius555(m): 6:20pm On Feb 28, 2021
And they call him a capitalist. He's a monopolist
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by plaindealer: 6:20pm On Feb 28, 2021
Fixey:

.. I'm not igbo

The FG should loan the other licensees money and grant them the exact same operational conditions

Why not just list the license holding companies that the FG denied the same conditions. Go ahead, give us that list.

I'm 100% sure that you can not list anything because the license holders are not serious or not even interested in building any refineries and the ones that showed interest are receiving FG support and attention.

Waltersmith Refining and Petrochemical Company is a Joint venture (JV) between Waltersmith Petroman Oil Limited, a leading independent Nigerian Energy company with 70 per cent equity, and the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board, a Federal Government of Nigeria parastatal with 30 per cent equity,

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/waltersmith-to-commission-ibigwe-modular-refinery-in-october-2020/

Critical to the success of these projects is the Federal Government’s support, through NNPC, to conclude on advanced discussions to grant Waltersmith access to nearby Condensate feedstock in Assa North / Ohaji and to invest in developing some nearby fields, within 30-km of the Ibigwe Marginal Field, through some commercial arrangement to enable the growth of current production from less than 10,000 bopd to over 30,000 bopd.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/waltersmith-to-commission-ibigwe-modular-refinery-in-october-2020/

The new refinery in Imo state has more support from the FG stan Dangote, the FG not only controls 30% of the shares but also gave the company free access to oil fields. Was any oil field access granted to Dangote?

This is why it's always hard to take you people seriously worth your blind and hypocritical ways.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Cromagnon: 6:21pm On Feb 28, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Most of you complaining, nothing stops you from participating in the economy. If it was an igbo or yoruba man who gave the suggestion, all the thread will be filled with how igbos and yorubas are good entrepreneurs.

Anyway, Rather than shouting crony capitalism and monopoly, dust your trousers, sell your properties, then use the money to start a business then grow it, then maybe you will be like dangote one day.

Atleast his crony capitalism is helping to reduce unemployment in Nigeria
you de mind our ppl.
I blame awolowo free education.
It has camped out brains to expect everything from govt

1 Like

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Fixey: 6:21pm On Feb 28, 2021
plaindealer:

Why not just list the license holding companies that the FG denied the same conditions. Go ahead, give us that list.

I'm 100% sure that you can not list anything because the license holders are not serious or not even interested in building any refineries and the ones that showed interest are receiving FG support and attention.

The new refinery in Imo state has more support from the FG stan Dangote, the FG not only controls 30% of the shares but also gave the company free access to oil fields. Was any oil field access granted to Dangote?

This is why it's always hard to take you people seriously worth your blind and hypocritical ways.

You're a big full if this is the best you can come up with. Don't bother responding. I don't do mud slinging.
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by zoedew: 6:21pm On Feb 28, 2021
Godarz:

Thanks for calling me a dumb monkey, especially as I don't recall insulting or abusing you....

Good evening. Have a nice day sir.

Folks forget every businessman worth calling one is in business to maximise profit in a manner as legal as possible. Opportunities are for the taking and not to be abandoned. The name of the game is competition!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Cromagnon: 6:22pm On Feb 28, 2021
Godarz:

If you actually read the article, the importation would happen when the refinery is undergoing TAM or when demand exceeds supply.

Of course, we can have far more refineries if Government allows marketers set the price of petrol.
what if the tam lasts as long as 50yrs like the present refineries.
Never sign a blank cheque

1 Like

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 28, 2021
AZeD1:

This is not really true. You can predict the future from looking at the past.
Nigeria has one of the most expensive cement prices in the world. Infact, you can import cement from China and it will be way cheaper than Dangote cement. The question now becomes of what benefit is it to Nigeria as a country when we have a massive housing shortage and expensive cement prices?

Open the market to everybody, it should be a raise to the bottom. If Dangote can refine fuel cheaper than those importing, they would go out of business.

The reason why Dangote wants importation to be limited is market manipulation.

Well, Dangote isn't the only player, BUA and Lafarge are there, and they can get more competitive by you know charging lower prices than the rich old Hausa importer guy.

We don't live in a country where the Law on Buying of cement says in Section 1...Thou must buy cement from the Hausa Importer or else thou shalt be struck with a ton of laterite.....

1 Like

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 28, 2021
Cromagnon:
what if the tam lasts as long as 50yrs like the present refineries.
Never sign a blank cheque

TAM's don't take 50 years. Few months is how it goes....
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 28, 2021
zoedew:

Folks forget every businessman worth calling is in business to maximise profit in a manner as legal as possible. Opportunities are for the taking and not to be abandoned. The name of the game is competition!

Indeed..
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by EBEk101(m): 6:25pm On Feb 28, 2021
Rugaria:
Loading: The Federal Republic of Dangote

the north are stealing everything in nigeria in the name of this man

they should allow competitions Abeg
most everything b dangote ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Aconomist: 6:26pm On Feb 28, 2021
QuotaSystem:

All their arguments are illogical, based on sentiment driven baseless assumptions and fueled by sheer dishonesty, bigotry and frustrated secessionist agenda.

Chief of monkeys is talking. Let's take a look at cement prices in India. 295 Rupees is equal to $4.00 or 1,500 naira for a 50 kg bag. Meanwhile Nigerians are paying 4200 naira. What is your excuse now?

1 Share

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 28, 2021
tiredoflife:

So just for a few days he will be doing his TAM the reserves won't be able to cover the gap
He must import
The man is just a thief

Hopefully the reserves would meet up

Plus in an ideal situation where the marketers and refiners, and not government , are allowed to set prices for fuel..ie deregulation...there would be enough refineries private and public available to take up the slack should the Rich Hausa Importer decide to close shop for routine maintenance

At least there are 25 active licenses for private refinereis. 4-5 of them are already at various stages of completion.The rest await deregulation of the downstream.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by plaindealer: 6:33pm On Feb 28, 2021
Fixey:

You're a big full if this is the best you can come up with. Don't bother responding. I don't do mud slinging.

Critical to the success of these projects is the Federal Government’s support, through NNPC, to conclude on advanced discussions to grant Waltersmith access to nearby Condensate feedstock in Assa North / Ohaji and to invest in developing some nearby fields, within 30-km of the Ibigwe Marginal Field, through some commercial arrangement to enable the growth of current production from less than 10,000 bopd to over 30,000 bopd.

The new refinery in Imo state has more support from the FG than Dangote, the FG not only controls 30% of the shares but also gave the company free access to oil fields. Was any oil field access granted to Dangote?

You are a lair, other refineries get even better support from the FG.

This is why it's always hard to take you, people, seriously with your blind and hypocritical ways.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by TechSkill: 6:36pm On Feb 28, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Most of you complaining, nothing stops you from participating in the economy. If it was an igbo or yoruba man who gave the suggestion, all the thread will be filled with how igbos and yorubas are good entrepreneurs.

Anyway, Rather than shouting crony capitalism and monopoly, dust your trousers, sell your properties, then use the money to start a business then grow it, then maybe you will be like dangote one day.

Atleast his crony capitalism is helping to reduce unemployment in Nigeria
Says a man who does not have a company of his own... grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Abidemi Rufai: US Government Documents Exposes His Fraudulent Activities / Oluremi Tinubu: APC ‘Trashed’ My Husband After Winning 2015 Election / Muslim Faithfuls Worship With Christians At ECWA Church In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.