Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel (28383 Views)

NNPC Grants Dangote License To Import Fuel / Subsidy: "FG Borrowing To Import Fuel" - Zainab Ahmed / PIB Would Permit Only Dangote Refinery, NNPC To Import Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by BruncleZuma: 6:42pm On Feb 28, 2021
Our government has spoken

1 Like

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Neddyogu(m): 6:58pm On Feb 28, 2021
So upon all dis money wey dis man dey pursue, he no fit buy big towel to cover his black bumbum? Nonsense and Dangote!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by misterjosh(m): 7:12pm On Feb 28, 2021
What's your own with import license again, shebi you want to be refining locally already...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by folks4luv(f): 7:15pm On Feb 28, 2021
teemy:

His suggestion would actually drive more people to be refinery owners and thus create more competition for him.

The only downside would be if the licensing of refineries is then restricted.
Of course licensing will be restricted, that is the end game

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by sorepco(m): 7:18pm On Feb 28, 2021
He is making sense if u look at it critically. See how the cement sector us self sufficient? I might make di oil sector self sufficient as well.

ShobayoEmma:
Trying to put up his monopolistic agenda in motion in petrochemical sector too. But note this, before the North will use you to indirectly front their economy diversionary to the North; the South would have by far become a separate country where there will be equity, Justice and peace.
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by nograv: 7:19pm On Feb 28, 2021
seborrhic:
See the government using monopolistic they are praising as a model, hardworking businessman.
I bet Dangote operating in any European country would be a failed businessman.
Even an agbero given monopoly to be the only importer or contractor for agbero uniforms and tags in the whole of Nigeria would be a multimillionaire if not billionaire.

This is Nigeria's problem in a nutshell..

Thieves masquerading as captains of industry. I remember when a wealthy uncle of mine said few wealthy individuals in Nigeria could be classified as true businessmen or woman in the global understanding of the word.

Dangote is a two bit hustler who relies on government patrons to help him succeed. Very little of what he does can be classified as true business.

He isnt alone in this, there are other Billionaires who operate like this. Carlos Slim of Mexico is another, where Mexico has the highest internet/telco and power prices in the world due his activities.

As you said the average street tout or agbero would also be a billionaire, if they had Dangote's advantages.. Its not a lie..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by kristo123: 7:20pm On Feb 28, 2021
He wants to monopolize oil import
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by plaindealer: 7:20pm On Feb 28, 2021
folks4luv:

Of course licensing will be restricted, that is the end game

Your opinion, not facts or reality, in fact, there are more licenses out there than needed.

Too many people are sitting on licenses that they are not using.
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Fixey: 7:21pm On Feb 28, 2021
nograv:

This is Nigeria's problem in a nutshell..

Thieves masquerading as captains of industry. I remember when a wealthy uncle of mine said few wealthy individuals in Nigeria could be classified as true businessmen or woman in the global understanding of the word.

Dangote is a two bit hustler who relies on government patrons to help him succeed. Very little of what he does can be classified as true business.

He isnt alone in this, there are other Billionaires who operate like this. Carlos Slim of Mexico is another, where Mexico has the highest internet/telco and power prices in the world due his activities.

As you said the average street tout or agbero would also be a billionaire, if they had Dangote's advantages.. Its not a lie..

Kpakam

1 Like

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by portacabin: 7:52pm On Feb 28, 2021
GamalNasser:
I thought he was building a refinery to stop importation of fuel so why does he still have his eyes on importation.... These are not business men but criminal racketeers forcing the hand of the market to their advantage
All you guys complaining should build your own refineries

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by GamalNasser: 7:55pm On Feb 28, 2021
portacabin:
All you guys complaining should build your own refineries

Senseless as ever
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by pacespot(m): 8:09pm On Feb 28, 2021
Burruchaga71:
. I was
Suprise to see Dangote cement here in South Africa selling for R60 equivalent of about N1800. The man is an evil man. They better divide this country let everyone goes their separate ways.

It is because the South Africa government will not take any nonsensical monopolistic manouveurish tendency from him, but Nigerian government pampers dangote like a kid, he is a business man for crying out loud, why making it seem as if he is doing the country a favour by investing here?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by SMBH: 8:24pm On Feb 28, 2021
It will be totally resisted. He want to monopolized the oil sector? I will not work.
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by SMBH: 8:29pm On Feb 28, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Most of you complaining, nothing stops you from participating in the economy. If it was an igbo or yoruba man who gave the suggestion, all the thread will be filled with how igbos and yorubas are good entrepreneurs.

Anyway, Rather than shouting crony capitalism and monopoly, dust your trousers, sell your properties, then use the money to start a business then grow it, then maybe you will be like dangote one day.

Atleast his crony capitalism is helping to reduce unemployment in Nigeria

Thats a big lie. America China and Europe will not get to the position they are today if they allow only few people to control a sector.

You tribalistic mofos on NL are annoying as hell...

I will show my lack of support even if it was my brother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Fixey: 8:34pm On Feb 28, 2021
SMBH:

Thats a big lie. America China and Europe will not get to the position they are today if they allow only few people to control a sector.

You tribalistic mofos on NL are annoying as hell...

I will show my lack of support even if it was my brother.

Once we criticise this nauseating monopoly they will tag us and call us all sort of names. I won't even allow my own kin have such leverage and grip over destinies. Never
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by March1117(m): 8:39pm On Feb 28, 2021
ShobayoEmma:
Trying to put up his monopolistic agenda in motion in petrochemical sector too. But note this, before the North will use you to indirectly front their economy diversionary to the North; the South would have by far become a separate country where there will be equity, Justice and peace.

Very true; monopoly is what he is after
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Rugaria: 8:43pm On Feb 28, 2021
plaindealer:

Dangote alone revived the moribund and decayed ANNAMCO in Enugu when he invested N63 billion in the South East with the purchase of over 3,500 trucks.

He not only saved and revived ANNAMCO, but he also created jobs and expand Enugu's IGR base.

......but of course, Dangote is the man a lot of misguided bigots, sad and negative people and misguided trolls love to hate.

When was the last time any of your so-called massive SE billionaires invested N63 billion in the SE?

When was the last time they saved one of the dead and moribund industries and hundreds of jobs?

Or the hundreds of thousands of Nigerians set to gain employment and put food on the table via the world's largest single-train refinery shouldn't see employment because it's a monopoly?

Should the hundreds of thousands of Nigerians already collecting paychecks from his several companies also resigned since it's a monopoly?

How is it even a monopoly when we have several entities in Nigeria openly making and selling the same thing Dangote is making and selling?

We know your concern has nothing to do with anything but your usual hatred, bitterness, and anti-Nigerian sentiments and as usual, it's nauseating and shallow.

Just quoted you to let you know I read everything you wrote..
May the good God bless you and your beutiful family..
Have a glorious Sunday evening my brother..
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by jaxxy(m): 8:47pm On Feb 28, 2021
Fixey:

It's so annoying. And that people don't see the potential danger one few hands managing the economy of multi millions is what's even more worrisome. They will call it hate

Why can't we have free commodities and products markets for goodness sakes

It’s all depends on what is best for the economy and country speaking particularly about oil imports. If local refinery will reduce pressure on the need for dollars and there by reduce the exchange rate drastically it shud be welcomed.

On other markets he probably shudnt be given such monopoly bt he worked hard to keep those favors and relationship through different governments.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Fixey: 8:51pm On Feb 28, 2021
jaxxy:

It’s all depends on what is best for the economy and country speaking particularly about oil imports. If local refinery will reduce pressure on the need for dollars and there by reduce the exchange rate drastically it shud be welcomed.

On other markets he probably shudnt be given such monopoly bt he worked hard to keep those favors and relationship through different governments.

I'm not against him. Nor against the north.

You yourself know the truth. Leave working hard alone. They are doing the same to milk and tomatoes and for goodness sakes. If Europeans and Asians have been selling us commodities like tomatoes at 40 to 60 Naira retail price for decades and hints of dangotenomics comes in and price skyrockets to 150 to 200 Naira. Same will happen to milk when fully enacted then what is the benefit to Nigerians?

What is the ultimate benefit? Why the gains are low aren't we seeing ultimately cumulatively Nigerians are all under heavy economic burden. Let's leave the individual alone and focus on the situationship
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by SMBH: 9:00pm On Feb 28, 2021
Fixey:

Once we criticise this nauseating monopoly they will tag us and call us all sort of names. I won't even allow my own kin have such leverage and grip over destinies. Never

As in its getting too much... How can you be telling the government what to do because you know it will favour only you alone. No wonder the him and Rabiu (ceo of bua) are not in good terms.
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Fixey: 9:01pm On Feb 28, 2021
jaxxy:

Also there are over 1000 commodities, Nigeria produces to self sufficiency level... Just one produce or two, cement and natural gas. We have a consumption dependant society, it's a good start but unless we employ holistic measures thus alone won't reduce the need for foreign exchange especially now we banned cryptocurrencies
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Fixey: 9:03pm On Feb 28, 2021
SMBH:

As in its getting too much... How can you be telling the government what to do because you know it will favour only you alone. No wonder the him and Rabiu (ceo of bua) are not in good terms.

Rabiu knows what Dangote is doing and doesn't agree with him one single bit. Search and look for an interview he granted less than 2 weeks on Dangote and cement you'll see where he spelt out the economy verbatim.

Of there's anyone I respect it's BUA, that's why he's going to be a good leveraged against Dangote sole monopoly. He's coming on stream 2022 and he does business, business and doesn't go about sleeping in beds with politicians to control and weaken industries to have them so weakened that he displaces an entire industry
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by jaxxy(m): 9:07pm On Feb 28, 2021
Fixey:

You yourself know the truth. Leave working hard alone. They are doing the same to milk and tomatoes and for goodness sakes. If Europeans and Asians have been selling us commodities like tomatoes at 40 to 60 Naira retail price for decades and hints of dangotenomics comes in and price skyrockets to 150 to 200 Naira. Same will happen to milk when fully enacted then what is the benefit to Nigerians?

What is the ultimate benefit? Why the gains are low aren't we seeing ultimately cumulatively Nigerians are all under heavy economic burden. Let's leave the individual alone and focus on the situationship

I agree with the point u have made here. Monopoly if at all done should not be abused.
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by alexola20(m): 9:08pm On Feb 28, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by IMASTEX: 9:09pm On Feb 28, 2021
Rugaria:

It's very obvious, but when you complain about this man's uncanny brand of vicious monopoly/capitalism, folks make it look like you are just hating..
From flour, to grains and cement, he has managed to sponsor presidents who helped him push off his competitors. He will then monopolize the sector, fix prices as he feels and disappear into one of his mansions while ordinary people suffer.. Cement prices in Nigeria are higher than that of other countries where Dangote has cement plants! Yet he has licences for limestone here in Nigeria! The man is a daredevil capitalist who believes strongly in manipulatig the system to squeeze the last breadth out of the poor masses.. To think that he is even being used as the top example of successful entrepreneurs, that the young in this country should look up to is simply mind boggling..
You have stated the fact, no one wouldn't become a billionaire if given the same opportunity to monopolize the market or product.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by plaindealer: 9:12pm On Feb 28, 2021
Fixey:

There are countless consumer products in the market that Dangote is not involved in with similar skyrocket prices across the board.

Dangote doesn't control the price of everything that goes into every product in Nigeria, he doesn't control the cost of manpower/labor, machinery, electricity, diesel, power generators, packaging, transportation, tax, duties, marketing and advertisement, payroll, and accounting, legal fees and so on.

Prices go up for a variety of reasons, reasons that have nothing to do with Dangote and his companies so where is the sense and wisdom in blaming one man for so many market decisions beyond his control?

When companies raise their prices because of diesel, is Dangote also the culprit and your scapegoat?

You are not making sense, your assertions are too flawed, too narrow, and simplistic, and don't jive with real-life and day-to-day market realities.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by higgs: 9:17pm On Feb 28, 2021
Supported, let those who want to keep importing petroleum products build their own refineries.That way,Dangote will not have refining monopoly and more jobs will be created.Foreign currency currently being used for pet. products importation can be used elsewhere and the naira will be stronger, standard of living will improve and exchange rate fuelled inflation will abate.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by ikdaddy01(m): 9:19pm On Feb 28, 2021
Monopoly........Tufiakwa!!!!!!
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Fixey: 9:23pm On Feb 28, 2021
plaindealer:

There are countless consumer products in the market that Dangote is not involved in with similar skyrocket prices across the board.

Dangote doesn't control the price of everything that goes into every product in Nigeria, he doesn't control the cost of manpower/labor, machinery, electricity, diesel, power generators, packaging, transportation, tax, duties, marketing and advertisement, payroll, and accounting, legal fees and so on.

Prices go up for a variety of reasons, reasons that have nothing to do with Dangote and his companies so where is the sense and wisdom in blaming one man for so many market decisions beyond his control?

When companies raise their prices because of diesel, is Dangote also the culprit and your scapegoat?

You are not making sense, your assertions are too flawed, too narrow, and simplistic, and don't jive with real-life and day-to-day market realities.

Leave me na

I say I nor follow you relate again. Na by force?
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Bimpe29: 9:25pm On Feb 28, 2021
That's typical of a capitalist.
Re: Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel by Fantacy4(m): 9:32pm On Feb 28, 2021
ShobayoEmma:

Where is the refinery located uncle is not in the south or you think the north dnt have land for refinery make una get sense small nw

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Accepts NCS Boss’ Resignation / Is This How Popular Sule Lamido Is In Jigawa? (Photos) / Aisha Buhari Prepares For Get-Involved Initiative (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.