Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,982 members, 7,814,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta (34131 Views)

Pablo Classic Fasaki's Mother, Bola Fasaki. Is She The Youngest Mother-In-Law? / Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by jaoh: 6:11pm On Mar 01, 2021
sleekman:

You are the coward, fool and ignoramus.

Even the OP replied to him more sensibly than you. I still yet to understand what's with the placenta. Was it used for rituals or what? Because I don't know how it should cause a fight o

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by abimic(m): 6:21pm On Mar 01, 2021
chatinent:

There is love, bro.

It's just unfortunate the majority meet the wrong people.
There is no wrong or right people, the conclusion I recently came into, it's the attitude that determines the how far to go. What's wrong to you is right to someone else.... People change, the better we know this, the good for everyone, and above all, people should always work on been a person that if anyone quits on them, they don't quit on themselves, in that they are wanted by all because of their attitude and the better person they've become.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by bluefilm: 6:22pm On Mar 01, 2021
If you see where they are making fun of us wey don gree say we no go ever marry, you go think say marriage e too sweet.

But look at this young man now.

His mother in law is calling the shots in his own home.

Why?

Because he is married to her daughter.

God forbid.

Abeg make una dey marry dey go dey enjoy unaself alone.

I am not interested in that shit at all.

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by mariahAngel(f): 6:28pm On Mar 01, 2021
daddytime:
You been wan use the placenta cook egusi soup chop?

See what you're typing...

You ought to be wiser than this.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by chatinent: 6:31pm On Mar 01, 2021
luminouz:

It's always easy to give advice when you are not married.

He says I am not married. Ok o.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by mariahAngel(f): 6:38pm On Mar 01, 2021
TainyLite:
Last week Tuesday, my wife gave birth to a son which is my second born... She has been staying at her mom's place due to misunderstanding we had around September....

After I paid hospital bills and gave her money for baby items on that Tuesday morning, she told my parents she has buried the placenta... I could not go to see her immediately I was called and I had to send my parents there due to my work...

This is a lady I want to separate from due to her mum trying to take over the marriage and my wife is always carrying her along... Now the woman is demanding I come see the son and apologize to her and sincerely I am standing on my ground that since she buried the placenta I will never go there to go see the child except they come to my parent's place on the naming ceremony....

The truth is I can't afford to live a second with my wife and I really want ur advice before tomorrow....

If the placenta they buried is the cause of the problem, tell them to exhume it and hand it to you for peace to reign.
They disregarded you, yes, but try to overlook it ...for now at least.
Your wife just gave birth, she needs to be healthy both physically and psychologically, to be able to nurse your new baby.
Please, try to avoid whatever will stress her, or she might suffer postpartum depression.
Let peace reign.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by DestroyEvil: 7:13pm On Mar 01, 2021
TainyLite:
The truth is carrying her mother positively abt an husband is good but the other way round is something else nd na for Better for worse make Maryam sanda kill her husband... This life is too short to either die in a violent relationship or spend lifetime in kirikiri
Useless directionless egoistic poor idiot is supposed to come down from self-destructive high horse of pride. If you truly love your children, you would have research and read books on how to make your mother-in-law love you like her own Son. But a fool you are and a fool you eternally remain!

2 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by 99thEnemy(m): 7:17pm On Mar 01, 2021
Wahala be like PLACENTA grin grin grin
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by OlawaleBammie: 7:46pm On Mar 01, 2021
Moferere:

Keep your family problems to yourself. You have not shown any sign that you are wise enough to father a baby

Seems this one brain is rustgrin

U need to replace ur brain ASAP
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Uglygurl(f): 8:40pm On Mar 01, 2021
TainyLite:
Last week Tuesday, my wife gave birth to a son which is my second born... She has been staying at her mom's place due to misunderstanding we had around September....

After I paid hospital bills and gave her money for baby items on that Tuesday morning, she told my parents she has buried the placenta... I could not go to see her immediately I was called and I had to send my parents there due to my work...

This is a lady I want to separate from due to her mum trying to take over the marriage and my wife is always carrying her along... Now the woman is demanding I come see the son and apologize to her and sincerely I am standing on my ground that since she buried the placenta I will never go there to go see the child except they come to my parent's place on the naming ceremony....

The truth is I can't afford to live a second with my wife and I really want ur advice before tomorrow....

You are being unnecessarily wicked and unreasonable.
What do you want to use placenta for?
Are you a ritualist?
Why weren't you in the hospital to receive the placenta and her mum buried it,you are they talking.
Placenta that smells more than dead body,what do expect her mother to do?
keep it for you till you come to your senses.
She doesn't even need someone like you!
Carry your wicked self out of her life legally so that a sweet man will take care of her and your son and that's my honest prayer for her,amen.

4 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by armyofone(m): 8:42pm On Mar 01, 2021
Their Wahala too much my brother grin It done be like competition - if madam no complain na oga dey complain. Husband that should be cool as cucumber dey nag about placenta. She no plant coconut tree on top, na guava, no na ube better etc Obi let us hear word grin

Kriss216:
Married people, una wahala don dey too much for this forum.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by doggedfighter(f): 8:45pm On Mar 01, 2021
Bekind123:
which igbo tradition are you talking about. Do Igbos abroad follow same tradition. You should say is your family belief and not our tradition biko

Nice response.

I don't know which Igbo he's talking about. Placenta is a waste in my part of Igbo.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Fashionista01(f): 9:16pm On Mar 01, 2021
Wedding is easy but marriage is difficult.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Moferere: 9:36pm On Mar 01, 2021
OlawaleBammie:

Seems this one brain is rust grin

U need to replace ur brain ASAP

Olawale, if not that we bear the same name, I would have dashed you a coro slap. But I pity you
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Moferere: 9:38pm On Mar 01, 2021
Ogunleti01:
You nailed it. All i see is pure arrogance nothing more. I know the OP is such a temperamental fellow
Thank you so much Ogunleti01

Èèyàn iyì ni yín

2 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Moferere: 9:39pm On Mar 01, 2021
hmhameed:

You have no idea what the consequences of someone helping you buried your child placenta especially someone you you don't trust. What if she is a devil woman and she decided not to do the burial rites properly. Your mother inlaw has no right to do that without you consent

The negligence is on the part of the op.

You don't want someone else to take your wife's placenta, then be around from her labour to delivery

4 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Moferere: 9:42pm On Mar 01, 2021
Cashio:
in Igbo tradition, a baby's placenta is not an irrelevant issue...I don't know how it is done, but I know you don't just throw it away.
so for the girls mum to claim she buried the placenta without the father's consent is really too bad.

The problem I have with you is that you don't read.
If you don't want the placenta to be handled by someone else, stay with your wife from labour to delivery.
It would have been a different thing if he's around at the point of delivery. But he was absent.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by sleekman(m): 10:15pm On Mar 01, 2021
[quote author=sleekman post=99509846]

You
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by cococandy(f): 10:57pm On Mar 01, 2021
Unfortunately you are right.
seborrhic:

The marriage is already threatened because the Op has stuck to a mentality I still don't understand where it arose from:this spiritual attachment to the placenta in Nigeria.
If anything bad happens to him or he has any kind of challenge he would attribute it to the mother-in-law and claim that was what she used the placenta for,'tying his destiny'.
Any fly that buzzes round his ear,any stone he mistakenly kicks and every financial/life challenge now has a ready made cause,his destiny buried with the placenta.
This is a union headed to the rocks,harsh as it may sound.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by saphiya(f): 11:08pm On Mar 01, 2021
After going through 9 nine months of pregnancy and labour your wife deserve some love and care at this time and you refuse to see your son because of placenta
Issorite keep it up, just know that even if you reconcile she won't forget this, never

2 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by deavicky(m): 12:04am On Mar 02, 2021
TainyLite:

watin you want do with the placenta? Just asking cos my baby's own that I buried in swallow grave fawl remove am and I no send to rebury am. I'm curious does it mean anything. Just asking for sake of people living in a rented apartment that may have leave there someday.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by armyofone(m): 12:14am On Mar 02, 2021
Nah - na placenta him dey pick on instead of enjoying fatherhood and bonding with baby and wifey.

The hospital should have been the one to recycle or disposed the waste.

Hope he is not using style to suspect the old woman of voodoo kinda undecided cuz dem believe baby destiny tie to placenta grin

saphiya:
After going through 9 nine months of pregnancy and labour your wife deserve some love and care at this time and you refuse to see your son because of placenta
Issorite keep it up, just know that even if you reconcile she won't forget this, never

2 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by BENEAMATA: 12:42am On Mar 02, 2021
It's all well and good to lay into the guy for his ' immature " stance but society which we are all a part of probably harangued the guy into marriage .
I mean all this 'go born ' , ' go marry ' from the parents to close circles as well as aproko in the area has nearly landed this guy in the morgue or ICU battling for life . Slap on the face from a so-called wife while one is asleep ! Which among us here can say with certainty the next assault on him won't be a stab to the chest / neck ?

And what's wrong wirh us men really ? Can't you date/sex all the total package damsels before you are thirty and then take time to look out for good qualities in a female you will call your wife ? Real qualities not vain things because these days home breaks down faster than a ship crosses the mediterrainean from libya to spain .

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by BENEAMATA: 12:47am On Mar 02, 2021
Fashionista01:
Wedding is easy but marriage is difficult.
enough said
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by sihamey: 7:40am On Mar 02, 2021
With all these marriage drama up and down I have made up my mind to choose Linda ikeja pattern. I will just kukuma go to sperm bank buy sperm and fertilize my womb and have my baby jejely and cool no issue and no drama from any man .If I need sexual satisfaction I can get it anytime and from whom I wish to. Life is too short for all these unnecessary stress. I move
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by maclawrence02(m): 9:04am On Mar 02, 2021
Moferere:

The problem I have with you is that you don't read.
If you don't want the placenta to be handled by someone else, stay with your wife from labour to delivery.
It would have been a different thing if he's around at the point of delivery. But he was absent.
See how narrow minded you sound. Stay with her from labour till delivery. So if he's at work and labour comes he should abandon work? The mother in law should have communicated with him and seek his permission, since its obvious its the man's responsibility to dispose the placenta. if he gives her the go ahead she can then dispose it.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by maclawrence02(m): 9:08am On Mar 02, 2021
saphiya:
The same way he has not forgotten the slap she gave him while he was asleep when she was pregnant. He will never forget NEVER!

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by maclawrence02(m): 9:35am On Mar 02, 2021
sihamey:
With all these marriage drama up and down I have made up my mind to choose Linda ikeja pattern. I will just kukuma go to sperm bank buy sperm and fertilize my womb and have my baby jejely and cool no issue and no drama from any man .If I need sexual satisfaction I can get it anytime and from whom I wish to. Life is too short for all these unnecessary stress. I move
Unfortunately it's not as easy as you make it sound. With time you'll realize it.

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Tundex911: 7:56am On Mar 03, 2021
TainyLite:
The truth is carrying her mother positively abt an husband is good but the other way round is something else nd na for Better for worse make Maryam sanda kill her husband... This life is too short to either die in a violent relationship or spend lifetime in kirikiri

Oga who come force you in the first place, na your cross so stay focus abeg
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Teleprompter(f): 1:28am On Mar 04, 2021
Take your matter to the family court.

Much truth shall be revealed

If placenta was so important, you would have made sure that your wife was in your custody at the point of deljvery and then seperate afterwards if she is truly the guilty party.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by sihamey: 8:59am On Mar 05, 2021
maclawrence02:

Unfortunately it's not as easy as you make it sound. With time you'll realize it.
What should I realize later. Are you talking about the father role? Some husband are sperm donor's they are just there to answer daddy while the woman play both roles in the family.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Timbuktuo: 9:21am On Mar 05, 2021
Moferere:
If she gives you the placenta, you want chop am?
You don't have money and still, you are arrogant. All these irrelevant things should stop in 2021. undecided

Poverty na bastard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Make My Baby Hair Soft / Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana / Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.