Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta (34125 Views)

Pablo Classic Fasaki's Mother, Bola Fasaki. Is She The Youngest Mother-In-Law? / Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by osazsky(m): 1:20pm On Mar 01, 2021
tonychristopher:

What is wrong with you guys and superstition... What is placenta? What if you aren't in the country and she delivers

Dude forget this placenta stuff and go see your child.... Are you from western side
imagine if he was in america during covid lockdown...and the wige gave birth.he will be shoutinh from America that nobody should touch the placenter until he comes to nigeria with his pastors to burry it.who did this to blacks.in europe u wont even see ur childs placenta and i dont know what they use it for over there maybe fertilizers

5 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by osazsky(m): 1:23pm On Mar 01, 2021
tonychristopher:

What is wrong with you guys and superstition... What is placenta? What if you aren't in the country and she delivers

Dude forget this placenta stuff and go see your child.... Are you from western side
imagine if he was in america during covid lockdown...and the wige gave birth.he will be shoutinh from America that nobody should touch the placenter until he comes to nigeria with his pastors to burry it.who did this to blacks.in europe u wont even see ur childs placenta and i dont know what they use it for over there maybe fertilizers .if this child doesn't make it in life the dad will always remind him of his witch grandma that took his placenta to d coven.then the child starts runing from chc to chc..some pastors will say son..can i come to your village..bring your hands close ur eyes.i see an old woman holding onto your placenta...ur mum made a mistake. This will happen 27 years from now you can take this info to any bank and u will get cash

2 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by sojfarm: 1:24pm On Mar 01, 2021
You have made a terribly mistake for your son.

Even if you have issues with your wife, that does not mean you should be careless with your responsibilities. It is your responsibility to take of the placenta.

why why why di you toy with the life of that child!!!!

Who dey advise you self. A lot of things could have gone even against you the father!!!! Women are desperately wicked. In yoruba, they say a woman has children for your does not mean she can not kill you.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by LadySarah: 1:25pm On Mar 01, 2021
TainyLite:
Thanks so much... Will work on somethings for the sake of the boy

pls dear,its cultural. where I'm from a seed is even planted in the same hole to germinate into a tree.by the time the child is up to 4 to 10yrs,there's an economic tree for him/her which you can make money from.There's no big deal to it and nothing diabolical abt it.Human remains in this case a placenta gives richer manure compared to synthetic ones.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Richy4(m): 1:26pm On Mar 01, 2021
sleekman:

My friend shut the hell up. You don't play with a child placenta. All you new generation twitter children know nothing.

Please I really want to know the importance of Placenta...considering the fact that it couldn't be classified as a souvenir...

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by LikeAking: 1:26pm On Mar 01, 2021
TainyLite:
Last week Tuesday, my wife gave birth to a son which is my second born... She has been staying at her mom's place due to misunderstanding we had around September....

After I paid hospital bills and gave her money for baby items on that Tuesday morning, she told my parents she has buried the placenta... I could not go to see her immediately I was called and I had to send my parents there due to my work...

This is a lady I want to separate from due to her mum trying to take over the marriage and my wife is always carrying her along... Now the woman is demanding I come see the son and apologize to her and sincerely I am standing on my ground that since she buried the placenta I will never go there to go see the child except they come to my parent's place on the naming ceremony....

The truth is I can't afford to live a second with my wife and I really want ur advice before tomorrow....

DUMP HER.

How many year ego take you to dump her na?

Man up.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Lomprico2: 1:28pm On Mar 01, 2021
TainyLite:
Last week Tuesday, my wife gave birth to a son which is my second born... She has been staying at her mom's place due to misunderstanding we had around September....

After I paid hospital bills and gave her money for baby items on that Tuesday morning, she told my parents she has buried the placenta... I could not go to see her immediately I was called and I had to send my parents there due to my work...

This is a lady I want to separate from due to her mum trying to take over the marriage and my wife is always carrying her along... Now the woman is demanding I come see the son and apologize to her and sincerely I am standing on my ground that since she buried the placenta I will never go there to go see the child except they come to my parent's place on the naming ceremony....

The truth is I can't afford to live a second with my wife and I really want ur advice before tomorrow....

sebi una don separate, wetin u want make we advice you now?
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by LikeAking: 1:30pm On Mar 01, 2021
This is fake story.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Juliearth(f): 1:30pm On Mar 01, 2021
chatinent:
You wanted to divorce her because of her mother. Her own mother!

You have been looking for a credible reason to cling unto for the break up.

Now, you see this as a stronghold, hence you deploy traditional rites.

Whatever happened to “for better for worse.”

It is a detestable thing to me reading comments from men who feel are always right in relationships. Have you taken a break and reasoned things from her angle?

You weren't present on the day of delivery due to some personal reasons of yours, fine. Why the rules over the placenta?

Ok, I understand the rites. They should keep the placenta for you till the month you decide to reconcile with your wife?

Which family in disunity will allow the husband's people to come and boss around in the time of delivery when the husband himself didn't show up?

How do you expect a woman to hate her mother because of you!

Even if there are things you don't like, set things straight amicably; you are only a husband not a god!

You are a mere man feeling principled. Release the twist.

Sorry, I don't mince words.

You deserve something cold this hot afternoon... Perhaps a bag of cold sachet water. You have spoken well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by pocohantas(f): 1:31pm On Mar 01, 2021
Except there is a threat to life, when a woman finds it very easy to just pack up and return to her family house over marital misunderstandings- it is always the beginning of the end.

That should be your concern, not placenta.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by etrouble: 1:31pm On Mar 01, 2021
Moferere:
If she gives you the placenta, you want chop am?
You don't have money and still, you are arrogant. All these irrelevant things should stop in 2021. undecided

If a mother-in-law tries this in my town, it will get to the King's Palace. It's an abomination. You said he does not have money, why don't you advise him to be bearing his wife's surname then?
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by chatinent: 1:32pm On Mar 01, 2021
Juliearth:

You deserve something cold this hot afternoon... Perhaps a bag of cold sachet water. You have spoken well.

Thanks darl.
Convert the bag to your heart.

I want sth that beats.

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Sterope(f): 1:33pm On Mar 01, 2021
Because she buried placenta... cheesy.

MIL, you and your wife need a good spanking.

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Benbobola(m): 1:35pm On Mar 01, 2021
When you marry someone, you inherit all the person's shenanigans and wahala with it. Know this, Know Peace!

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by chatinent: 1:35pm On Mar 01, 2021
Germi9:

you sure say dem marry ?abi na belle him give the girl two times

I wouldn't want to delve into that.

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by pongwa(m): 1:36pm On Mar 01, 2021
chatinent:

It is a detestable thing to me reading comments from men who feel are always right in relationships. Have you taken a break and reasoned things from her angle?

You weren't present on the day of delivery due to some personal reasons of yours, fine. Why the rules over the placenta?

Ok, I understand the rites. They should keep the placenta for you till the month you decide to reconcile with your wife?

Which family in disunity will allow the husband's people to come and boss around in the time of delivery when the husband himself didn't show up?

Even if there are things you don't like, set things straight amicably; you are only a husband not a god!

you are inexperienced.......
Until you walk a mile in OP's shoes you wont understand the pains of having to deal with a domineering mother in law. You have to experience such to know better.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Cornerstone2018: 1:37pm On Mar 01, 2021
Guy you need to grow up and handle your home like a man, God has made you the head, burying the placenta by your mum in law is something you cannot undo, besides love is missing in that home, if not your mum in law is also your mother, so man up dear, correct her with love and let peace reign.

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by pongwa(m): 1:37pm On Mar 01, 2021
pocohantas:
Except there is a threat to life, when a woman finds it very easy to just pack up and return to her family house over marital misunderstandings- it is always the beginning of the end.

That should be your concern, not placenta.
wise words. God bless you.....who ever is married should stay married and not run off to parents house whenever issues arise

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Juliearth(f): 1:37pm On Mar 01, 2021
chatinent:

Thanks darl.
Convert the bag to your heart.

I want sth that beats.

How nice and quite poetic! Unfortunately, you cannot dance to the rhythm of my heart beat.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by tonychristopher: 1:38pm On Mar 01, 2021
osazsky:
imagine if he was in america during covid lockdown...and the wige gave birth.he will be shoutinh from America that nobody should touch the placenter until he comes to nigeria with his pastors to burry it.who did this to blacks.in europe u wont even see ur childs placenta and i dont know what they use it for over there maybe fertilizers .if this child doesn't make it in life the dad will always remind him of his witch grandma that took his placenta to d coven.then the child starts runing from chc to chc..some pastors will say son..can i come to your village..bring your hands close ur eyes.i see an old woman holding onto your placenta...ur mum made a mistake. This will happen 27 years from now you can take this info to any bank and u will get cash

That is the problem I have with many western nigerian folks. As he is sounding ... He will not visit till theey do naming and shouting placenta up and down .. that guy is basically stupid

He isn't fit to be a father... Shouting placenta up and down ...

In USA, UK etc who cares about placenta, it's medical waste

What is wrong with these guys and he has the temerity to even post this here

Clowns everywhere

6 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Kaycee9242(m): 1:39pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kriss216:
Married people, una wahala don dey too much for this forum.

I dy tell u as if na we push dem enter d marriage
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by chatinent: 1:40pm On Mar 01, 2021
pongwa:
Until you walk a mile in OP's shoes you wont understand the pains of having to deal with a domineering mother in law. You have to experience such to know better.

It may surprise you to know that this is actually my field.

It takes self-control to win over this. It will all turn out that everyone was proving their rights.

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by luminouz(m): 1:41pm On Mar 01, 2021
chatinent:

It's always easy to give advice when you are not married.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by dalongjnr: 1:41pm On Mar 01, 2021
Hmmm..... this your story no be big problem nah!
1. you are aware she was at term and in labour.
2.Your work holds u up,from coming to the hospital.
3.After the delivery, you didn't show up, hence, they buried the placentae.
4. You already have a problem with you wife and you sent her back to her parents to give her time to sort ur things out.
5. Her mother is a controlling freak and you hate her for it.
Bro, you no try at all. Men do take shit at times to calm nerves.
Hello! the sin of a mother should not affects her child, just as the sin of your parents can't affect you.
1 No matter what,you could have show up in solidarity.
2.After God, family first before work.
3.What do you want to use the placentae for? for get some of these rituals. Placentae is perishable and can start to decomposed in less than 24hr. or do you want them to refrigerates it for you to eat?
4. What concern you with her mum? it's like you have the feeling that because you married their daughter, then she should severe all ties with her family? your mindset is of controlling freaks. We all come from families, we need and love them no matter their flaws.
5.Marriage is not easy but can't be threatened by flimsy things as presented by u. go sort urselves out.

4 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by alexola20(m): 1:42pm On Mar 01, 2021
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by chatinent: 1:42pm On Mar 01, 2021
Juliearth:

How nice and quite poetic! Unfortunately, you cannot dance to the rhythm of my heart beat.

Qneeu,

I succumb. You win.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by JOSH54: 1:42pm On Mar 01, 2021
FOR A MOTHER IN-LAW TO BE MANIPULATIVE IN HER DAUGHTER'S MARRIAGE IS BAD BUT U NEED TO KNOW DAT SHE CAN NOT SEPARATE FROM HER MOTHER. ALL U NEED IS DIALOGUE. THOUGH, ITS BETTER TO RUN AWAY FROM ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP THAN DIE IN IT
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Juliearth(f): 1:42pm On Mar 01, 2021
chatinent:

Qneeu,

I succumb. You win.

Graçias!
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by luminouz(m): 1:42pm On Mar 01, 2021
pongwa:
Eggzactly what I told him.

See as everyone dey dish out solutions...

I laughed. Some of them can't even manage their gf/bf and they seem to know it all on marital issues.

Let the married folks advice OP
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Sheila147: 1:45pm On Mar 01, 2021
U wan make they keep placenta in a bottle so it will smell abi you wan use am do money ritual ..please married people need to overlook some certain things Biko
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by DeBiafran: 1:46pm On Mar 01, 2021
How can burying a placenta give a 21st century man a headache? Haba! I have 4 kids and don't even know what a placenta looks like and I don't care. After pacing back and forth when wifey was in labor, all I looked forward to was carrying my baby and not burying one placenta.

Wtf

4 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by oracle009(m): 1:46pm On Mar 01, 2021
TainyLite:
Thanks so much... Will work on somethings for the sake of the boy

God will help you. I sincerely hope you do. Every child deserves a loving home to grow in. May you find strength to do it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Compares Himself To Alexis Ohanian, Serena Williams' Husband / How To Make My Baby Hair Soft / Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.