Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta (34116 Views)

Pablo Classic Fasaki's Mother, Bola Fasaki. Is She The Youngest Mother-In-Law? / Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) / 17-Year-Old Boy Buys A Car For His Mother In Lagos. See Reactions (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Pharaohny: 3:13pm On Mar 01, 2021
sleekman:

My friend shut the hell up. You don't play with a child placenta. All you new generation twitter children know nothing.

Aswear you nailed it
Social media has really brought sheeps and pigs together
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by adesegun121(m): 3:14pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kriss216:
Married people, una wahala don dey too much for this forum.

grin grin
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Neddyogu(m): 3:21pm On Mar 01, 2021
TainyLite:
Think before you comment... If none of my representative were der au did I pay hospital bills and other things..... My parents were on ground nd I was already at work when I was called nd sincerely this is a lady dat slapped me while asleep nd she was pregnant for me.... If I retaliate dat nayt nd she lost her pregnancy or even die what will someone like u say.... Or she stabbed me dat nayt.... Most people do reason as if this life has duplicate....

When pregnancy sets in, many hormonal changes occur in women. In some cases, they are handled well depending on experience and in others, it affects them so badly (depression, anger and pent up desire for revenge as they believe u to be the cause of their pain and misery) they do things that would make u think they have gone loco especially in the first trimester and if it were their first pregnancy. Now let's be a little pragmatic here shall we? The placenta is medical waste and although the father has the right per se to decide whether or not to let the hospital dispose of the placenta, u were not available and at the time and that stuff with all d cord blood cannot just sit and wait for u to finish with ur work before u come see ur baby. Honestly, what father chooses to be at work while his wife is in labor and bringing his child to the world? But that's issue for another day. So my dear, put on ur big boy pants and take the high road. Make peace with ur wife and be a part of ur children's lives. Any idiot can pay hospital bills.

3 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by BlaqT: 3:24pm On Mar 01, 2021
it's father's duty to bury the son's placenta
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by PETGEB(m): 3:26pm On Mar 01, 2021
Moferere:
If she gives you the placenta, you want chop am?
You don't have money and still, you are arrogant. All these irrelevant things should stop in 2021. undecided

All this small Boyz on NL if u dn have anything to say can't u just read nd wait for Elders comments
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Ketapu: 3:28pm On Mar 01, 2021
@ TainyLite

In the last one year, I've read a lot about females and their nature. This thread is a typical example many men now go their own way.

Imagine a wife being disrespectful to her husband and even updating her mum on what is going on in her family.

I would have asked you to swallow red pill or switch to MGTOW but I'm afraid you won't accept that.

So, all the best as you carry your cross. I hope it won't lead to your grave or loss of a quality lifestyle.

However, if you want to start your red pill journey, read the book called "No more mr. nice guy" by Robert Glover. Download it from b-ok.cc

For MGTOW, read more about it on Reddit.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by November24(f): 3:30pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kriss216:

Mad dog,if u don't have anything to say,kept your foolish talk to your stupid self
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by simplesearch: 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2021
I don't know why people marry and can't forgive or marry who they want and yet keep complaining. You saw a girl love her, went to her parent, courted her and eventually married her. It's your cross to carry, divorce is like pre-registering yourself in hell. Go to God for mercy and pardon, ask him to soften your heart, some things will become nothing once you begin to see from God's perspective. You knew how close the girl was to her parent but your erection then was leading you not to take heed or ask question, you probably thought it didn't matter but now it does.
This is the main reason why everyone should ask all the questions in their heart and wait to get a proper answer from their partner before tying the knot or signing the doted line, rather than occupy yourself with the desire to bed the girl before saying I do.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by chineloSA(f): 3:48pm On Mar 01, 2021
TainyLite:
Last week Tuesday, my wife gave birth to a son which is my second born... She has been staying at her mom's place due to misunderstanding we had around September....

After I paid hospital bills and gave her money for baby items on that Tuesday morning, she told my parents she has buried the placenta... I could not go to see her immediately I was called and I had to send my parents there due to my work...

This is a lady I want to separate from due to her mum trying to take over the marriage and my wife is always carrying her along... Now the woman is demanding I come see the son and apologize to her and sincerely I am standing on my ground that since she buried the placenta I will never go there to go see the child except they come to my parent's place on the naming ceremony....

The truth is I can't afford to live a second with my wife and I really want ur advice before tomorrow....

Most relationships suffer during pregnancy and child birth because of unbalanced hormones in a woman.
Sometimes some women can be diagnosed with PPD ( Post Partum Depression) which includes symptoms like sadness, feeling of being overwhelmed, mood swings, crying spells, rages, withdrawal, low libido etc.

After a few months after childbirth things go back to normal unless its PPD.

If its PPD your wife needs help and it would be disastrous for you and your children to leave her while she still suffers from remnants of childbirth ( PPD )

Wait it out, observe her, support her and ask for help before finalizing on divorce.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Cashio(m): 3:59pm On Mar 01, 2021
Moferere:
You don't have money and still, you are arrogant. All these irrelevant things should stop in 2021. undecided

in Igbo tradition, a baby's placenta is not an irrelevant issue...I don't know how it is done, but I know you don't just throw it away.
so for the girls mum to claim she buried the placenta without the father's consent is really too bad.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Fuckyoumod: 4:08pm On Mar 01, 2021
Moferere:

boy! What you don't know is bigger than you.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 01, 2021
TainyLite:
Last week Tuesday, my wife gave birth to a son which is my second born... She has been staying at her mom's place due to misunderstanding we had around September....

After I paid hospital bills and gave her money for baby items on that Tuesday morning, she told my parents she has buried the placenta... I could not go to see her immediately I was called and I had to send my parents there due to my work...

This is a lady I want to separate from due to her mum trying to take over the marriage and my wife is always carrying her along... Now the woman is demanding I come see the son and apologize to her and sincerely I am standing on my ground that since she buried the placenta I will never go there to go see the child except they come to my parent's place on the naming ceremony....

The truth is I can't afford to live a second with my wife and I really want ur advice before tomorrow....

You be Yoruba person?
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kriss216:

I dey tell you, we go leave this forum for them very soon
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Joseph1994(m): 4:17pm On Mar 01, 2021
TainyLite:
Think before you comment... If none of my representative were der au did I pay hospital bills and other things..... My parents were on ground nd I was already at work when I was called nd sincerely this is a lady dat slapped me while asleep nd she was pregnant for me.... If I retaliate dat nayt nd she lost her pregnancy or even die what will someone like u say.... Or she stabbed me dat nayt.... Most people do reason as if this life has duplicate....
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by membranus: 4:23pm On Mar 01, 2021
chatinent:
You wanted to divorce her because of her mother. Her own mother!

You have been looking for a credible reason to cling unto for the break up.

Now, you see this as a stronghold, hence you deploy traditional rites.

Whatever happened to “for better for worse.”

It is a detestable thing to me reading comments from men who feel are always right in relationships. Have you taken a break and reasoned things from her angle?

You weren't present on the day of delivery due to some personal reasons of yours, fine. Why the rules over the placenta?

Ok, I understand the rites. They should keep the placenta for you till the month you decide to reconcile with your wife?

Which family in disunity will allow the husband's people to come and boss around in the time of delivery when the husband himself didn't show up?

How do you expect a woman to hate her mother because of you!

Even if there are things you don't like, set things straight amicably; you are only a husband not a god!

You are a mere man feeling principled. Release the twist.

Sorry, I don't mince words.

Since you like heaping blames without reading the fine prints of the man's points in his quarrel with his wife, I will not mince my word with you too.

To begin with, are you married yourself? Because it requires those who have experienced it to give marital advice.

What's the man's errors in all that he wrote (except for asking marital counsel from the uninitiated on NL)?

He has a wife with a reportedly attitudinal problem, who has packed away from his house since SEPTEMBER last year and could not submit herself enough to go back to her husband to seek for reconciliation, just because she has a bad mother supporting her. Who knows maybe the mother is also a divorcee, wishing the same thing for her daughter?

The wife left while she was pregnant, not minding the emotional impact this will have on the husband, worrying about his children ( both born and unborn).

Penultimate to the birth, he provided the necessary materials and money needed for the wife's comfort, Not minding the wife and her family negative behaviour to him.

She gave birth, the man could not be there because he was at work, nevertheless he sent his family to check on her and the baby.

At birth, the husband is expected to be given the placenta for safe burying (I handled the ones for my two kids). But not for this man, rather the hateful mother in law collected it and buried it, who knows where. If it is you, will you be happy with this?

And you are busy passing judgment on him after all he has suffered. Is that right?

So my friend, stop being judgmental, because it is he who feels it knows it.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by hmhameed(m): 4:27pm On Mar 01, 2021
Moferere:

You have no idea what the consequences of someone helping you buried your child placenta especially someone you you don't trust. What if she is a devil woman and she decided not to do the burial rites properly. Your mother inlaw has no right to do that without you consent

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by TheGift: 4:34pm On Mar 01, 2021
What's really bothering you about the placenta, Sir? As in Ki ni big deal?? I don't think the issue is the placenta but your belief that She is trying to take over your marriage and your wife is carrying Her along. Or something close to something to similar to something that is equally proportonal to that.

Now you are dragging your child into a problem that started between you , your wife and mother-in-law . Right now, i think you should keep your feelings and ego aside, and focus on that child, like a responsible Father, Sir !!!

TainyLite:

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Neddyogu(m): 4:37pm On Mar 01, 2021
BlaqT:

So as the father chose to be absent, they should waybill the placenta to him or to they send it via DHL?

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Typewriter(m): 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2021
you guys are not made to be.
if a woman still clinch to her mom after marriage then all hope is lost
the issue of placenta is a lost battle forget it and pray hard for your kid.

if you see no reason to continue to relate with her family so be it.
but don't keep malice and hate within your mind and action.
get a new woman and ask for access now and share custody in future from the court of law.
lawyers will advice you better and believe me it is the best approach.

you will be free and sound in mind.
go make money as much as you can now and in 7-10 years time you can ask then for share custody in future from the court of law.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Typewriter(m): 4:46pm On Mar 01, 2021
you guys are not made to be.
if a woman still clinch to her mom after marriage then all hope is lost
the issue of placenta is a lost battle forget it and pray hard for your kid.

if you see no reason to continue to relate with her family so be it.
but don't keep malice and hate within your mind and action.
get a new woman and ask for access now and share custody in future from the court of law.
lawyers will advice you better and believe me it is the best approach.

you will be free and sound in mind.
go make money as much as you can now and in 7-10 years time you can ask then for share custody in future from the court of law.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by egojeny1(f): 4:49pm On Mar 01, 2021
[quote author=DeBiafran post=99510889]How can burying a placenta give a 21st century man a headache? Haba! I have 4 kids and don't even know what a placenta looks like and I don't care. After pacing back and forth when wifey was in labor, all I looked forward to was carrying my baby and not burying one placenta.
Wtf[/quote
O dikwa egwu
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by coldFLARES1(m): 4:53pm On Mar 01, 2021
TainyLite:
Thanks so much... Will work on somethings for the sake of the boy
Thumbs up with the humility of committing to patch things up. It can be hard work I know.

But the placenta, .......what's the fuss about it. Is there a cultural or doctrinal impediment consequent on not burying it yourself or with your approval?

I ask because my daughter was given birth to in a city close to a hundred kilometers from my home (my in-laws city of residence), I'm sure I was asked what to do with it and I asked that they bury it wherever they see fit. Thankful for that moment, revelling in the joy of being a tot's daddy and asking for mercy and favour to not fail in my duty as a father took all my energy.

My brother, pls be happy for the new member added to your FAM and try not to allow the resentment of your wife stop you from loving your little big man.
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by BigMamaNaija: 5:01pm On Mar 01, 2021
No matter the existing feud in a place, the arrival of a baby brings peace and reconciliation. That's the orientation we were brought up with and there was much more happiness.

You messed up my son, when you could not lay aside an offence of since September, to go see your new baby. Forget about paying the bills. It tells a lot about how you're likely to be a person that holds too strongly and too long to offences. Probably your wife too. A good marriage is a union between two good forgivers. The moment there's no forgiveness, the offences pile up and multiple resultant effects occur.

You both need to work on yourselves; see a marriage counselor asap. If either of you chooses the route of divorce/separation and remarriage, you may soon find that you keep breaking up after some time if you've not sorted out fundamental attitudes.

About the placenta, just let go and make peace first. You may even discover they have not buried it but kept it to see if you'll realise your mistake and come see your baby.

Best wishes in your home.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Bekind123: 5:04pm On Mar 01, 2021
Cashio:
in Igbo tradition, a baby's placenta is not an irrelevant issue...I don't know how it is done, but I know you don't just throw it away.
so for the girls mum to claim she buried the placenta without the father's consent is really too bad.
which igbo tradition are you talking about. Do Igbos abroad follow same tradition. You should say is your family belief and not our tradition biko

2 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by destyno(m): 5:12pm On Mar 01, 2021
It's rubbish and lack of understanding, linking a child to a dead organic substance. How a child ends up totally has nothing to do with dead organic substances or how the dead substance was gotten rid of. There are many out there, whose placentas where properly disposed of, according to their beliefs, yet they are still struggling to come to terms with life. Let's stop these lies about black magic and the instrument of fear with which it controls. If you want the best for your children, calm down, swallow your pride and fix your marriage. Your destiny and that of your kids in thy hands. Choose right.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by osazsky(m): 5:15pm On Mar 01, 2021
BlaqT:
just ad its the fathers duty to be with his wife at the hos during child birth how much does he earn..since he prioritize his work more than d pa8ns he put his wife he shouldnt be given d placenta..d placenta will be handed over to any family member if he refuses to go to the hos to see his son..dont expect the wifes mum to handovee d placenter to any of the hus family member .just the way the hus is suspicipus of the mother inlaw so is the mother inlaw suspicious of the boys father..u cant be working in d same state where ur wife gave birth and u pripritize ur work more than u wife see irresponsible man already prioritizing placenter over a baby..he nerver mentioned the state of the child nor his wife but he wants to know d state of a placenter

5 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by HRprof: 5:17pm On Mar 01, 2021
Noting wee remain for Nigeria husband to use sack his wife..... OP said his own is Placenta.... Inukwa shocked shocked shocked
nothing Ebuka no go see for inside private part cheesy cheesy i come in peace

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Ablecia(f): 5:31pm On Mar 01, 2021
TainyLite:
Abi.... I no sey some reasonable people will understand nd give good advice
What reasonable reply are you looking for? This is 2021 and you are still talking about placenta, for what exactly? You should look for a way to settle with your wife and not looking for a reason to divorce. You have two children already

3 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Ogunleti01: 5:36pm On Mar 01, 2021
Moferere:

You nailed it. All i see is pure arrogance nothing more. I know the OP is such a temperamental fellow

3 Likes

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Morrison47: 5:41pm On Mar 01, 2021
My mother inlaw is a replica to yours my own dey went to feeder but ran away wen I took d matter to a magistrate court ,just stand your ground your kids will come looking for u some day ,my advice is make money , don't talk make money
Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Keemsleek005(m): 5:46pm On Mar 01, 2021
ediko5:

My God did you read the post well at all?
He said he paid the hospital bills and money for baby items. What's wrong with you.

I was shocked myself. Maybe he because he said he cant afford to b second to his wife. Am just surprised about the comment am reading up there. Some people dont know how bloody some mother in laws can be, when they try controlling there daughter's home.
The worst problem and man or woman can have is a terrible in law.

1 Like

Re: My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta by Goldiness: 6:05pm On Mar 01, 2021
Take things easy, no one is worth making you destroy your marriage simply because you are angry, sometimes we follow the path of peace not because we are stupid but because we don't want any further drama, do the need full, take your wife home, set your standards, make your rules as the man, and let your wife follow up. Take charge!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely / Nigerian Man Compares Himself To Alexis Ohanian, Serena Williams' Husband / How To Make My Baby Hair Soft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.