Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. (62252 Views)

Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? / Can One Rent An Apartment Of 250k Per Annum With 80k Job? / Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 01, 2021
Asadujames202:

50% /50%

Do we have a deal
. Na wa for you bros, if i say deal now con chop the money alone, you go say i be bad person

1 Like

Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by slyd90(m): 4:36pm On Mar 01, 2021
Fixey:
You are short sighted. Very short sighted. Is your jobless better than the 50% for four months for goodness sakes

You're part of the people who says you don't want to be taken advantaged of, but this isn't the case.

You are looking at the job, you don't know the relationship he has maintained to have the job and access. Please work on your values. However wrong we may say this is, it's just a short term burden and you'll have your freedom.

I saw your thread where you advertised for a live in job and was going to contact you as I know one in the area. But upon sighting this thread I change my mind.

Go and work on your mind and that attitude of people want to use you by all means as it's a two-stroke approach. One should behave better the employer in thus case, the other you.

Go and look for the novel she stoop to conquer and read up how you can use perspective shift to get what you want out of life.

Even Jesus said in the scripture " Whom shall entrust thee with they own if you've not first been entrusted with another's " Poverty and joblessness hasn't taught you very well. After it has, you'll behave better

He is Greedy, you are also Greedy

If you didn't respond to him early, just forget about it. The setup was a test of character he set as trap for you... You failed, because of your inherent greed. Continue searching since you don't know how tough life is. Smh

Common drop 120k make I change your status
Smh. I know persons who dropped 100% at once salary, 1 Million. Today through the connects are better. One is in Canada, the other oil. Company sends overs like beans. Stay there and be befriending your poverty. Smh

Please go back to you shell if you have nothing better to contribute. Abi na you be the mr Richard sef..please you need to change you mindset if you see nothing wrong with that Agreement

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Mac2016(m): 4:36pm On Mar 01, 2021
XshegzzyeeiX:
I seek job opportunities endlessly, and was glad when Mr. Richard told me he has a job for me via one of his connects. I was so glad.

He mentioned the job was in one of the top 5 star hospitality industry in Lagos. My joy knew no bound when he stated salary is N80,000 with regular tips from guests.

Concluding the phone call, he told me to report to his office by 2PM today if I'm cool with the agreement.

Folks, what should I do

MODIFIED: Mr. Richard said I should not plead or negotiate. It's either I agree to the condition or forget about the offer.
Depends on you
It may not be as bad as painted bro... not 50% forever. 4months will soon be over
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by richmond500: 4:37pm On Mar 01, 2021
Nylonbag:
4 months isnt even long,he is just a very lazy guy
no mind OP, 4months that will finish just now before u know it.
Job opportunity in Nigeria is choked and if u fit see 40k job for a start, better accept it.

This is his post, person weh poor like this deh insult person weh find am 40k job, 2moro he will come to NL and start commenting on every thread like us that are Jobless
XshegzzyeeiX:

shocked at the bolded, God will uplift me to that stage where 160K will be a token. At my level of brokeness, 160K is like 1.6M

I don too suffer cheesy
Chai, E go better.

@OP, u friend got u a job, at least u will be engaged instead of while away ur time insulting people upandan on NL and dragging front-page with righteousness and Damnniger, never underestimate the evil thought that goes into a idle persons mind daily. Even if the pay is small at the moment, its better than doing nothing

2 Likes

Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Fixey: 4:37pm On Mar 01, 2021
slyd90:

Please go back to you shell if you have nothing better to contribute. Abi na you be the mr Richard sef..please you need to change you mindset if you see nothing wrong with that Agreement

Continue proving uprightness. Words are cheap. I dare you to send him 2k now!
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by HoluGraze: 4:39pm On Mar 01, 2021
AbujaCitiBlog:
Go ahead with the job. God will uplift you from there. The conditions are tough but it is an opportunity. Don't throw it away.

Be diligent and God will bless you from there. Laban Jacobs Uncle gave him impossible conditions while working for him but it did not stop him from becoming richer than Laban at the end. Jacob excelled even with the tough conditions.

If you are diligent and trust God, you will also Excell. Have a beautiful day. Congratulations in advance!
Thanks for the eye opening

Many have been looking for this kind of opportunity but it ain't available. The part that make it easy is the payment mode.
Many have paid for jobs but the result is either no job or refund.
Boss mention me if there is any opportunity both for sale and free. Thanks
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Donedeal1(m): 4:40pm On Mar 01, 2021
Don't miss it, nothing goes for nothing, maybe he too will probably pay someone some favor,240k not bad.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by kpukpuyenke: 4:40pm On Mar 01, 2021
ipobarethieves:
there's no sense in dis.Thevsame Richard will collect his 50%b4 the oo see the money sef.Best bet,reject the trap/slavery job

U didn't get me.

All am saying is the OP should just zero is mind that his salary for the first 4months is 40k. After the 4months his salary will return to normal 80k.

The reason why most people are saying he should reject the offer is because "someone will be collecting his 50% salary".

Will you advice he remain jobless and be hopeful for another job without having anything doing at hand??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by olisaEze(m): 4:40pm On Mar 01, 2021
Forget about it, that’s an evil offer!

Entertainment industry with no job security, and lots of stories of how unscrupulous characters take advantage of young people.

You’ve not started the job and someone is already taking advantage of you, If u take him up on his offer it won’t end there. You’ll have to debase urself further to keep that job, they already know how desperate u are!

1 Like

Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Lucky551: 4:41pm On Mar 01, 2021
all the people calling mr richard a bad man na lie, mr richard did good to that young, what if he hadn't given him the job in the first place nko, people and entitlement mentality! it just four months and not a year, and probably he was just testing him. bros take up that job except you don't plan doing it on long run.

2 Likes

Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Germi9: 4:41pm On Mar 01, 2021
XshegzzyeeiX:
I seek job opportunities endlessly, and was glad when Mr. Richard told me he has a job for me via one of his connects. I was so glad.

He mentioned the job was in one of the top 5 star hospitality industry in Lagos. My joy knew no bound when he stated salary is N80,000 with regular tips from guests.

Concluding the phone call, he told me to report to his office by 2PM today if I'm cool with the agreement.

Folks, what should I do

MODIFIED: Mr. Richard said I should not plead or negotiate. It's either I agree to the condition or forget about the offer.
well he gave u a job where there was non forth coming,hence i will advise you go see him and bargain atleast 3month rather than the 5months and if he refuses my guy take it,afterall sitting home wont epp either
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by naturefellow(m): 4:42pm On Mar 01, 2021
Ghengiskhan:

I believe you are the wicked one here for trying to make him look bad.

Here is my reason:
If Mr Richard said pay me #160,000k one time payment and I give you a #80,000k job, will you call him wicked or look for the money ?
Instead he said pay me monthly installment and you are here calling him wicked.
In this Buhari regime that even government employment is for sale. Obviously Mr Richard is no Santa and that doesn't make him wicked.
hospitality job. Not government job. Make it make sense!
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by 080bjaked(m): 4:42pm On Mar 01, 2021
Fixey:
Over 70% of oil company jobs was a result of cutting deals, entering arrangements. It is not immoral for anyone to leverage on their advantages or resources. If anyone says Mr. Richard is bad, let such person provide him with an 80k job. It's easy to condemn people.

No insults please. I'm just being sincere with you. I've read some your comments on this thread and I feel you've gotten so used to toxic environments that your judgements are now skewed. I'd suggest you start working on your views Sir. This believe system may not get you where you want to be.

Like I said, just a sincere opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Germi9: 4:42pm On Mar 01, 2021
kpukpuyenke:

U didn't get me.

All am saying is the OP should just zero is mind that his salary for the first 4months is 40k. After the 4months his salary will return to normal 80k.

The reason why most people are saying he should reject the offer is because "someone will be collecting his 50% salary".

Will you advice he remain jobless and be hopeful for another job without having anything doing at hand??
i tire o
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Kizito2nv(m): 4:43pm On Mar 01, 2021
Wish I had your number I would have called you, accept that offer, since it's hospitality and you are bound to get tips which will definitely cover up the loss for 4 months,

About 4 years ago I got a hotel job the salary was 20k I pleaded for 30k they refused, I wanted to reject the offer but reluctantly accepted, and guess on a good day my tips and runs gets me like 15k daily,

The salary was nothing compared to what I was cashing out,

So bro you can take it and save up as you work hotel job no dey last

1 Like

Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by slyd90(m): 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2021
Fixey:

Continue proving uprightness. Words are cheap. I dare you to send him 2k now!
He never asked me of 2k he asked for Advice ... Besides what makes you think they are not going to sack him after paying 50% for 4months.....
This is Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by bewildered: 4:45pm On Mar 01, 2021
Why do you not think about God's agenda for you at the job? Rather than complain,go ahead take the job and in it within a certain period you'd get the connection that would take to a job beyond your dreams.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Organs(m): 4:45pm On Mar 01, 2021
Fixey:
You are short sighted. Very short sighted. Is your jobless better than the 50% for four months for goodness sakes

You're part of the people who says you don't want to be taken advantaged of, but this isn't the case.

You are looking at the job, you don't know the relationship he has maintained to have the job and access. Please work on your values. However wrong we may say this is, it's just a short term burden and you'll have your freedom.

I saw your thread where you advertised for a live in job and was going to contact you as I know one in the area. But upon sighting this thread I change my mind.

Go and work on your mind and that attitude of people want to use you by all means as it's a two-stroke approach. One should behave better the employer in thus case, the other you.

Go and look for the novel she stoop to conquer and read up how you can use perspective shift to get what you want out of life.

Even Jesus said in the scripture " Whom shall entrust thee with they own if you've not first been entrusted with another's " Poverty and joblessness hasn't taught you very well. After it has, you'll behave better

He is Greedy, you are also Greedy

If you didn't respond to him early, just forget about it. The setup was a test of character he set as trap for you... You failed, because of your inherent greed. Continue searching since you don't know how tough life is. Smh

Common drop 120k make I change your status
Smh. I know persons who dropped 100% at once salary, 1 Million. Today through the connects are better. One is in Canada, the other oil. Company sends overs like beans. Stay there and be befriending your poverty. Smh

Suffer nor dey tire una. Some people dey drop one of their blood ones in some coded tins to get ahead in life. Just 40k. Chai. Humans can be wicked to themselves

Life is not all about getting ahead, getting money by "all" means. You are a bad influence.

3 Likes

Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Fixey: 4:46pm On Mar 01, 2021
slyd90:

He never asked me of 2k he asked for Advice ... Besides what makes you think they are not going to sack him after paying 50% for 4months.....
This is Nigeria!!!

. As usual. Loud emptiness. Nor be Nigerians. Biko shift
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Thunday1005(m): 4:46pm On Mar 01, 2021
Every mallam with his kettle
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by 080bjaked(m): 4:47pm On Mar 01, 2021
Incognito403:

I don't think there's anything messed up about your lifestyle. 100k is just enough to live a reasonable life in present Nigeria.

Lol. Actually with a salary of 200k in Nigeria (especially if you are married), you're still living below poverty line. It's almost impossible to live a decent life in 2021 in same climes of Lagos, Nigeria with that salary.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by EBEk101(m): 4:48pm On Mar 01, 2021
XshegzzyeeiX:

Senior man, I decided to let go. I can't accept to that condition. Never!!!

when ai arrived Lagos to stay with ah frnd of mine which he was d one dat accepted ai can come stay with him
reaching Lagos, ai realise the house wasn't even his, so had to find my way course they wouldn't let me stay
ai was directed to one agent like dat and diz man got me ah job bt the man collected 75 percent of my monthly pay
work for one month nd made some good frnds due to d caliber of persons dat had office there ai got another job and left
today ai can say ai have ah place to keep my head
so think about it bfr declining the offer
u might as well look for something else while working there
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Ezidimma(m): 4:48pm On Mar 01, 2021
Sign the agreement, take the job & don't think of not giving him the agreed sum for the agreed duration.....go ahead & I oblige him.
Leave him to be judged by God & believe u me, if that job is your God approved launchpad to greater heights, you won't feel those shortages that goes to Mr Richard or whatever he's called.
My candid opinion
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Missionaire: 4:48pm On Mar 01, 2021
It is quite unfortunate that this is where we are now as humans. However, we must also consider the fact that many HR companies that recruit people for other companies also do similar things.

Imagine if it was[b] Richard HR Ltd[/b] that recruited you for this job, would you have complained? The man is doing what many HR companies do. In fact, there are some [people who specialize in getting job slots using their connections and then reselling them to qualified candidates. It is quite unfortunate that things are the way there are.

You also have to consider what you could gain. Working in a 5 star hotel exposes you to high level people which can bring about tips, powerful relationships and connections.

50% of something (for 4 months) is better than 100% of nothing. The reason the man asked you to sign an agreement is because he knows that you will be the one to receive the salary and not him and so he is trying to take precautionary steps to ensure you don't renege on your agreement.

It would surprise you to find out that many people pay upfront to be recruited into the (para)military and other civil government agencies and still some do not even get the job. Here you are not paying to get a job, you are paying for getting a job.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Emmex45(m): 4:49pm On Mar 01, 2021
My brother you have such opportunity and you are still thinking, turn down the job nah and see how your life go be.

1 Like

Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by phorget(m): 4:49pm On Mar 01, 2021
Half bread they say is better than none. A 4months sacrifice won't kill you but would rather make you stronger. Remember the connections you are going to make right there in your working environment.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Dyonne: 4:50pm On Mar 01, 2021
XshegzzyeeiX:

Senior man, I decided to let go. I can't accept to that condition. Never!!!

Brave of you.
It is well.
I admire your stance to retain your dignity.

I hope you get something good soon.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Viking007(m): 4:51pm On Mar 01, 2021
XshegzzyeeiX:

shocked at the bolded, God will uplift me to that stage where 160K will be a token. At my level of brokeness, 160K is like 1.6M

I don too suffer cheesy
Chai, E go better.
And you rejected the offer? I have no comment.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Fixey: 4:52pm On Mar 01, 2021
Organs:

Life is not all about getting ahead, getting money by "all" means. You are a bad influence.

. How is his situation getting money by all hypocrite. How many times have you quickly closed pages where people asked for money. So if one is to pay commissions f to get to where they intend to get, it's by all means necessary money abi?

I dare you to send him 10k.....
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by pharmade: 4:52pm On Mar 01, 2021
XshegzzyeeiX:

Folks, what should I do

Baba I vied for a government job.... And I was ready to give 50% of my first six Months... I didn't get it. Only four months... Him no give him relation or babes.... Na him u dey complain.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by Juoflife1(f): 4:52pm On Mar 01, 2021
Take the job. You might make up to that 40k in a month from tips.
Re: Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. by 080bjaked(m): 4:52pm On Mar 01, 2021
Missionaire:
It is quite unfortunate that this is where we are now as humans. However, we must also consider the fact that many HR companies that recruit people for other companies also do similar things.

Imagine if it was[b] Richard HR Ltd[/b] that recruited you for this job, would you have complained? The man is doing what many HR companies do. In fact, there are some [people who specialize in getting job slots using their connections and then reselling them to qualified candidates. It is quite unfortunate that things are the way there are.

You also have to consider what you could gain. Working in a 5 star hotel exposes you to high level people which can bring about tips, powerful relationships and connections.

50% of something (for 4 months) is better than 100% of nothing. The reason the man asked you to sign an agreement is because he knows that you will be the one to receive the salary and not him and so he is trying to take precautionary steps to ensure you don't renege on your agreement.

It would surprise you to find out that many people pay upfront to be recruited into the (para)military and other civil government agencies and still some do not even get the job. Here you are not paying to get a job, you are paying for getting a job.

Standard HR and recruiting companies won't charge you for the service Sir, they will charge the employer. Their contract is to bring resourceful people (yourself) for the company at a fee that would be paid by the employer.
Your contract will not say your HR company will debit you for this service.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How To Write A Letter Of Application For A Job / Nigerian Stock Exchange Graduate Trainee / federal Task Force: Is This Real Or Political Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.