Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? (3571 Views)

Why The Sudden Change In Nairaland ? I Hope You All Noticed This? / Father Ezeamaka Regains Consciousness After IPOB Attack, Reveals What Happened / Secondus Says PDP Rejects Shift In Election Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by revolt(m): 9:04pm On Mar 07, 2021
AlexBells:

I think I don't have to keep prolonging this conversation, you can demonize Zik and Ironsi the way you want but both men are honourable men, as if the civil war was not going to happen, it could have happened anyway, so what are you saying, Nigeria was going to have a war someday, because the arrangements of the regional government was not right even back then, midwest as a region was smaller than AlaIgbo, why wasn't ndigbo made a distinct region.

You expect Zik and Ironsi to do the magic to pull Biafra out, where was your grand father then, you forget that there was a coup lead by Igbos and you tell Ironsi to eliminate notherners from his ranks, are you saying then he was a mastermind to the coup,. It is easy for us to say what others could have done or what they didn't do but if it were us, I don't think we could have taken different steps.
oga stop talking nonsense...u never mentioned Biafra neither am I a believer in this new Biafra struggle....zik should have done exactly what my grand dad ( stay out of politics )instead of aligning with the north. My grand was quite wealthy and even built the Anglican Church in my village.. HOLY TRINITY mbieri umuchoke. .we lost 98% of that wealth during the civil war and abandoned property in ph. Anyways good day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shettima, Mark Zuckerberg Drinking Atiku’s Faro Water (Pictures) / If Lagos Catches Fire Tonight, It’s Not Our Fault- LP Candidate, Rhodes-vivour / Say your 'Independence Day' prayer for NIGERIA @ 48

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.