Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,997 members, 7,952,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:42 AM

Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? (3674 Views)

Why The Sudden Change In Nairaland ? I Hope You All Noticed This? / Father Ezeamaka Regains Consciousness After IPOB Attack, Reveals What Happened / Secondus Says PDP Rejects Shift In Election Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by OdumegwuOjukwu: 3:26pm On Mar 06, 2021
OGWILLS123:
so this biafra of a country thing will be only abia state. I pray so bcause i can imagine akwa ibom being a biafra state, my worst nightmare cry

But you're okay with Cross-River being in Nigeria?
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by OdumegwuOjukwu: 3:34pm On Mar 06, 2021
AlexBells:

I think you had left so many more people behind, you should also thank [s]Nnamdi Azikiwe, AguIyi Ironsi, Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu etc. Ojukwu[/s] too, Nnamdi Kanu, Okonjo Iweala is great, Chinua Achebe, in fact many Igbos had made sacrifices for the reality we are seeing today and now no one dare to stop us, we will dominate now with reckless abandon becuase when we had no intention dominate They labelled us, Forget Biafra or another country, Nnamdi Kanu and everyone else understands that it is a pay back time

Remove those ones. We are talking about life after them. Those three in anycase have three different world view - Nnamdi was a one Nigerinist, Nzeogwu allowed yoruba (Major Ademoyega, and Awoists) to mislead him, while Ojukwu eventually became a politician.

It is in the later generation that Igbo regained their voice. People like Achebe, Chiamanda, NOI, were more instrumental.

1 Like

Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by AlexBells(m): 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2021
OdumegwuOjukwu:

Remove those ones. We are talking about life after them. Those three in anycase have three different world view - Nnamdi was a one Nigerinist, Nzeogwu allowed yoruba (Major Ademoyega, and Awoists) to mislead him, while Ojukwu eventually became a politician.

It is in the later generation that Igbo regained their voice. People like Achebe, Chiamanda, NOI, were more instrumental.
You are not in tune with time, that Zik couldn't have been anything less than one Nigerianist and politians, becuase you forget Zik was fighting colonialists and ge couldn't have done it with Being Igbocentric, how many Igbos were educated then, because if you were not educated you cant speak to the British talk more of fighting them, for Nzeogwu, I will leave the part he played for some other time but he is instrumental to the safety we enjoy today as Igbo people, the war could have happened anyway
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by AdakaBoro8(m): 3:48pm On Mar 06, 2021
OdumegwuOjukwu:
If you're looking for someone to thank, you can thank me, or thank MNK, or thank NOI, or Abaribe.

Bros, any problem of the mind can be solved by simple resolution.

No biggie.
look at your username it smell bad.
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by AdakaBoro8(m): 3:51pm On Mar 06, 2021
AlexBells:

At this point I want Nigeria intact, we got some pay back to do and Breaking away won't do justice to millions of Igbos dead, Nigeria must pay. From the way Nnamdi kanu is going, I'm beginning to think he is up to some revenge mission and he is better off with his Robin hood style in Nigeria
hmm. the real internet people of biafra indeed (ipob). they dont just called u internet people for nothing.
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by AlexBells(m): 3:56pm On Mar 06, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
hmm. the real internet people of biafra indeed (ipob). they dont just called u internet people for nothing.
Biafra the nightmare of you and your people

1 Like

Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by AdakaBoro8(m): 4:04pm On Mar 06, 2021
AlexBells:

Biafra the nightmare of you and your people
biafla never for once be our nightmare, but at the mention of the name niger delta igbos including the drug leader have a sleepless night..
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by AlexBells(m): 4:07pm On Mar 06, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
biafla never for once be our nightmare, but at the mention of the name niger delta igbos including the drug leader have a sleepless night..

Niger Delta lol, Well now you can have it just live Igbo territories that will be in AlaIgbo Republic out

1 Like

Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by AdakaBoro8(m): 4:07pm On Mar 06, 2021
BKayy:

Ogogoro drinker nobody wants Ijaw people. Stop attaching your self to Igbo
taaar! shut ur mouth. ur drug king is having sleepless night over ijaw lands. palm wine drinkers
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by AdakaBoro8(m): 4:09pm On Mar 06, 2021
AlexBells:

Niger Delta lol, Well now you can have it just live Igbo territories that will be in AlaIgbo Republic out
igbo territories where?
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by AlexBells(m): 4:10pm On Mar 06, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
igbo territories where?
Asaba, PH is where we could have a slight clash of interest
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by AdakaBoro8(m): 4:14pm On Mar 06, 2021
BKayy:

Stop moving from pillar to post to attach your self to Ikwerre and other Igbo people in Rivers and Delta.
Have some dignity.
I remember those years you used to claim Ikwerre before breeze blew and we saw fowls otule. The otule come dey smell Ijaw ijaw
we do not claim any tribe, but they have to decide fr themselves..
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by AdakaBoro8(m): 4:19pm On Mar 06, 2021
Penguin2:

The Fulani have taken our place as the most hated tribe.

And the rest of Nigeria have come to agree that we were justified to have fought the war with recent Fulani rascality against other ethnicity.
fulani take wetin? see una hatred just begin. if u know where cownu has promote ur hatred to enhh, u wont talk rubbish like this..
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by AdakaBoro8(m): 4:26pm On Mar 06, 2021
OdumegwuOjukwu:

I meant to say you just have to believe it's in your mind and resolve not to allow it worry you.

For example, in public speaking, new speakers draws so much attention to themselves that that choke. If only the realize that no one care about many of the mistakes they made, they just want to pick a few point.

So free your mind, and resolve to be yourself.
will you keep quiet... i hate to see your devil man name.. pls dont post further
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by AdakaBoro8(m): 4:28pm On Mar 06, 2021
AlexBells:

Asaba, PH is where we could have a slight clash of interest
have u seen ur greediness...u jump to claim PH. what kind of people are u?
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by Zooposki(f): 4:45pm On Mar 06, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
have u seen ur greediness...u jump to claim PH. what kind of people are u?

Ikwerre peeps will deal with them.
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by colossus91(m): 4:55pm On Mar 06, 2021
Well the country might just split.....This Buhari govt is a separatist govt!!

2 Likes

Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by revolt(m): 6:08pm On Mar 06, 2021
AlexBells:

I think you had left so many more people behind, you should also thank Nnamdi Azikiwe, AguIyi Ironsi, Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu etc. Ojukwu too, Nnamdi Kanu, Okonjo Iweala is great, Chinua Achebe, in fact many Igbos had made sacrifices for the reality we are seeing today and now no one dare to stop us, we will dominate now with reckless abandon becuase when we had no intention dominate They labelled us, Forget Biafra or another country, Nnamdi Kanu and everyone else understands that it is a pay back time
pleaaeeee remove zik and ironsi from that list plzzzzzzzz
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by AlexBells(m): 6:11pm On Mar 06, 2021
revolt:
pleaaeeee remove zik and ironsi from that list plzzzzzzzz
What's with the hate on Zik, please if you must not respect him, it your personal view. As for Ironsi he did a lot
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by Bigflamie(m): 8:03pm On Mar 06, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
we do not claim any tribe, but they have to decide fr themselves..

Are Ijaws not ashamed of themselves? Why not agitate for your country. You guys will just sit lazily and boom you start mentioning Biafra just to gain unnecessary attention.

Champion your own course for crying out loud and stop riding on top of another one's agitation to gain clout. Tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by melodyogonna(m): 8:05pm On Mar 06, 2021
OGWILLS123:
so this biafra of a country thing will be only abia state. I pray so bcause i can imagine akwa ibom being a biafra state, my worst nightmare cry
K
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by melodyogonna(m): 8:13pm On Mar 06, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
fulani take wetin? see una hatred just begin. if u know where cownu has promote ur hatred to enhh, u wont talk rubbish like this..
Try dey rest chief
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by Obdk: 9:40pm On Mar 06, 2021
AdakaBoro8:

Your land has been over run by fulani. Your kit and kin are now resident in Idp camp across benin Republic.. As we speak ismaila wakili is thinking of new fulani name for ibarapa in oyo state and yewa in ogun state...

U won't wail about ur sufferings. Though u rr in Idp camp now.
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by Thomist(m): 10:09pm On Mar 06, 2021
Yoruba1stson:
but don't forget how useless 3m nyamiris people were roasted like chicken and served to yoruba god of iron and also the coward you called warrior, that bastard agbari ojukwu that disguised as a woman and ran away. The descendants of ape with their foolishness, i think it is in their dna
Yoruba can never withstand the Fulani, talk more of World power as we did during the war.
Just see the way a very few strangers killed u guys up in ur own claimed land. Compare Yoruba Northern minority, not Igbo. your father can relate to you, if u have any, cuz u look like motherless Child picked up in the street by a good Samaritan Igbo.
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by Yoruba1stson: 10:19pm On Mar 06, 2021
Thomist:

Yoruba can never withstand the Fulani, talk more of World power as we did during the war.
Just see the way a very few strangers killed u guys up in ur own claimed land. Compare Yoruba Northern minority, not Igbo. your father can relate to you, if u have any, cuz u look like motherless Child picked up in the street by a good Samaritan Igbo.
e pain this nyamiri from a cursed land, your bastard coward agbari ojukwu is rotting in hell for wasting the useless lifes of 3m nyamiris used for suya
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by redsun(m): 10:26pm On Mar 06, 2021
Consciousness is knowledge. When you know, you believe in yourself and you want something better because you know you can do it.
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by revolt(m): 2:21am On Mar 07, 2021
AlexBells:

What's with the hate on Zik, please if you must not respect him, it your personal view. As for Ironsi he did a lot
please if you don't know history...GO AND READ. THOSE TWO FOLKS ARE THE REAL REASON WE ARE WHERE WE ARE TODAY. ZIK FORMED A GOVT WITH THE NORTH AND PREFERRED TO BE A FIGURE HEAD WHILE IRONSIDE WAS WARNED ABOUT THE IMPENDING COUP AND HE RATHER MADE HIS ORDERLIES NORTHERNERS.. EVERYBODY WARNED HIM MADIEBO ETC.. GO AND READ HISTORY.
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by AdakaBoro8(m): 6:55am On Mar 07, 2021
Obdk:

Your land has been over run by fulani. Your kit and kin are now resident in Idp camp across benin Republic.. As we speak ismaila wakili is thinking of new fulani name for ibarapa in oyo state and yewa in ogun state...

U won't wail about ur sufferings. Though u rr in Idp camp now.
how does that concern me?
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by AlexBells(m): 7:08am On Mar 07, 2021
revolt:
please if you don't know history...GO AND READ. THOSE TWO FOLKS ARE THE REAL REASON WE ARE WHERE WE ARE TODAY. ZIK FORMED A GOVT WITH THE NORTH AND PREFERRED TO BE A FIGURE HEAD WHILE IRONSIDE WAS WARNED ABOUT THE IMPENDING COUP AND HE RATHER MADE HIS ORDERLIES NORTHERNERS.. EVERYBODY WARNED HIM MADIEBO ETC.. GO AND READ HISTORY.
You can't really blame them, they didnt have the experience, Zik was a politian and it is just like today, we Igbos still allies with the North for Vice, Alex Okwueme was there, so what do you want Zik to do, if he don't allies with the North to be the figure head, maybe the north allies with the west and we get nothing.

If you are saying they warned Ironsi not to make Northerners in his commands, then what happened to Ahmedu Bello who was very close to Ojukwu and Nzeogwu, that's how the time was, the past didn't know what the future knew otherwise you will blame a lot of people.
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by revolt(m): 8:00pm On Mar 07, 2021
AlexBells:

You can't really blame them, they didnt have the experience, Zik was a politian and it is just like today, we Igbos still allies with the North for Vice, Alex Okwueme was there, so what do you want Zik to do, if he don't allies with the North to be the figure head, maybe the north allies with the west and we get nothing.

If you are saying they warned Ironsi not to make Northerners in his commands, then what happened to Ahmedu Bello who was very close to Ojukwu and Nzeogwu, that's how the time was, the past didn't know what the future knew otherwise you will blame a lot of people.
Ahmadu bello didn't have nzoogwu as security. .. Ironsi had experienced a coup, and there was tension....then he introduced unitary system.....the reason we're in this shit till date.. He could have proceed the thousands of igbos that lost their lives as a result if his death. Zik had no biz gunning for one Nigeria... Even awo knew we weren't one. He has his selfish reasons ie his maternal connections in the north.
Re: Why The Sudden Shift In Igbo Consciousness? by AlexBells(m): 8:10pm On Mar 07, 2021
revolt:
Ahmadu bello didn't have nzoogwu as security. .. Ironsi had experienced a coup, and there was tension....then he introduced unitary system.....the reason we're in this shit till date.. He could have proceed the thousands of igbos that lost their lives as a result if his death. Zik had no biz gunning for one Nigeria... Even awo knew we weren't one. He has his selfish reasons ie his maternal connections in the north.
I think I don't have to keep prolonging this conversation, you can demonize Zik and Ironsi the way you want but both men are honourable men, as if the civil war was not going to happen, it could have happened anyway, so what are you saying, Nigeria was going to have a war someday, because the arrangements of the regional government was not right even back then, midwest as a region was smaller than AlaIgbo, why wasn't ndigbo made a distinct region.

You expect Zik and Ironsi to do the magic to pull Biafra out, where was your grand father then, you forget that there was a coup lead by Igbos and you tell Ironsi to eliminate notherners from his ranks, are you saying then he was a mastermind to the coup,. It is easy for us to say what others could have done or what they didn't do but if it were us, I don't think we could have taken different steps.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arewa Twitter Blasts Bashir Ahmad For Asking Nigerians To Vote Tinubu / I Will Not Lie For You – Ex Commissioner & Chief Of Staff, Tells Peter Obi / APC Releases Asiwaju Bola Tinubu's City Boy Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.