Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Why Hausas Reject Igbo Suitors - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Hausas Reject Igbo Suitors (2678 Views)

24yr Old Virgin Reveals Why She Keeps Turning Down Suitors / "I Rejected Suitors": 123-Year-Old Virgin Searching For Perfect Man Seeks Love / Ladies, What's Your Reason for Rejecting Suitors? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Hausas Reject Igbo Suitors by Quality20(m): 7:15am On Mar 06, 2021
I won't waste ur time with too much details. The simple reason is the fear that Igbo guys would turn their daughters to another religion or make them outrightly irreligious. Other reasons is that they could be made to feed on harmful things like pork or dead meat, and even wild animals and beer that are forbidden. So any Igbo or southerner who is dating a hausa or Fulani girl is only wasting his time as d parents would never entertain you. Many of these ladies would never be seen talking to any Igbo man not to talk of friendship,dating or marriage. The best option for an Igbo man is to go for tiv, idoma or their rival Yoruba ethnic group- even if they are Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Why Hausas Reject Igbo Suitors by 7victor(m): 7:18am On Mar 06, 2021

6 Likes

Re: Why Hausas Reject Igbo Suitors by Megatrix: 8:12am On Mar 06, 2021
Na ignorance dey worry you, there are many hausa christian ladies and i know many of them that are married to Igbos.

5 Likes

Re: Why Hausas Reject Igbo Suitors by Quality20(m): 9:17am On Mar 06, 2021
7victor:
Immediately I had a lecturing job, the caretaker of the house I was living in Sokoto, approached me.

He wanted giving me her daughter to marry.

The daughter is a Hausa Muslim from Sokoto state, but I am a Christian southerner.

The agreement was that I would keep my religion (I don't need to convert to Islam) and

the daughter would also remain in Islam.

I was very surprised.

The problem is that she has not gone to school at all, not even does she have primary 6 certificate.

She cannot speak English.

My neighbors said the caretaker had been telling them I would marry her daughter.

They told me that the man who sells firewood is very poor and sometimes go about begging for
money when buyers are not patronizing his
business.

His family barely feed and the children use to come to me to help them with small money.

He believes that by my lecturing job,I could help
him and his family.

I said what about religion, would the Hausa community permit marriage between their daughter and a southern Christian?

Although I know that some southern Christians
are befriending Hausa Muslim girls, but can marriage be possible?

They said I should just accept to marry his daughter, that although some Hausa men would oppose it, the man has the final say.

They said that marriage happens irrespective of religion and culture.

The black men were marrying white women in those days when such marriage was forbidden.

There is no ethnic group in the world that doesn't have people who married people from other tribes.

Americans marry Indians and Africans marry
Europeans.

Most people don't even want tribe and religion to hinder them from finding love.

They hate the idea that they cannot marry outside their 'group'

That is why there are so many inter ethnic and inter religious marriages.

People don't want to be restricted.

My neighbors said that if marriage happens irrespective of tribe and religion, why do I think that to marry a Hausa Muslim is not possible.

They said that if every tribe is inter-marrying across the world, what is so special about a Hausa Muslim girl that a Christian southerner cannot marry her.

Even the white people who considered blacks as inferior, do marry the blacks.

But I turned down the offer because I want to marry a Christian.

Even the Bible says that Christians should not marry unbelievers, although love remove all barriers making it possible for inter religious marriages across the world.

Another problem is that she cannot speak English at all.She does not have even a primary school certificate, although she is about 20
years.

Well urs is a strong exception trully. Maybe u also in d habit of friending or shagging d girl which d man may have observed
Re: Why Hausas Reject Igbo Suitors by jasaper199(m): 11:24am On Mar 06, 2021
bros its not all northerners are Muslim so what i want u to know is i know many igbos nd yorubas that married from north and are leaving happily with their husbands its not all northerners are muslimz pls understand this����������

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Hausas Reject Igbo Suitors by BeboNGN: 11:37am On Mar 06, 2021
7victor:
Immediately I had a lecturing job, the caretaker of the house I was living in Sokoto, approached me.

He wanted giving me her daughter to marry.

The daughter is a Hausa Muslim from Sokoto state, but I am a Christian southerner.

The agreement was that I would keep my religion (I don't need to convert to Islam) and the daughter would also remain in Islam.

I was very surprised.

The problem is that she has not gone to school at all, not even does she have primary 6 certificate.

She cannot speak English.

My neighbors said the caretaker had been telling them I would marry her daughter.

They told me that the man who sells firewood is very poor and sometimes go about begging for money when buyers are not patronizing his business.

His family barely feed and the children use to come to me to help them with small money.

He believes that by my lecturing job,I could help him and his family.

I said what about religion, would the Hausa community permit marriage between their daughter and a southern Christian?

Although I know that some southern Christians are befriending Hausa Muslim girls, but can marriage be possible?

They said I should just accept to marry his daughter, that although some Hausa men would oppose it, the man has the final say.

They said that marriage happens irrespective of religion and culture.

The black men were marrying white women in those days when such marriage was forbidden.

There is no ethnic group in the world that doesn't have people who married people from other tribes.

Americans marry Indians and Africans marry Europeans.

Most people don't even want tribe and religion to hinder them from finding love.

They hate the idea that they cannot marry outside their 'group'

That is why there are so many inter ethnic and inter religious marriages.

People don't want to be restricted.

My neighbors said that if marriage happens irrespective of tribe and religion, why do I think that to marry a Hausa Muslim is not possible.

They said that if every tribe is inter-marrying across the world, what is so special about a Hausa Muslim girl that a Christian southerner cannot marry her.

Even the white people who considered blacks as inferior, do marry the blacks.

But I turned down the offer because I want to marry a Christian.

Even the Bible says that Christians should not marry unbelievers, although love remove all barriers making it possible for inter religious marriages across the world.

Another problem is that she cannot speak English at all.She does not have even a primary school certificate, although she is about 20 years.

I had same experience!

Mine comes with a Premium Job offer and a must to convert to Islam! With other strenuous conditions.

I had to reject and move on.

But, I wonder how the man would have felt when you reject the offer.

2 Likes

Re: Why Hausas Reject Igbo Suitors by Quality20(m): 11:39am On Mar 06, 2021
jasaper199:
bros its not all northerners are Muslim so what i want u to know is i know many igbos nd yorubas that married from north and are leaving happily with their husbands its not all northerners are muslimz pls understand this����������

yea I know that.. there are maguzawa who are Christian/pegan hausas and there are also numerous ethnic grps who are of different tribes but are of either religion

1 Like

Re: Why Hausas Reject Igbo Suitors by 7victor(m): 11:58am On Mar 06, 2021
BeboNGN:

I had same experience!

Mine comes with a Premium Job offer and a must to convert to Islam! With other strenuous conditions.

The man still hail my name.

If he sees me now,he would be hailing my name.

I wish I could give the man good money to help his business.

He is very good and humble.

1 Like

Re: Why Hausas Reject Igbo Suitors by 7victor(m): 12:02pm On Mar 06, 2021
Quality20:
Well urs is a strong exception trully. Maybe u also in d habit of friending or shagging d girl which d man may have observed

I wasn't doing anything immoral with her daughter.

They are close to me and I help them often.
Re: Why Hausas Reject Igbo Suitors by Gentlerespect76: 12:24pm On Mar 06, 2021
Megatrix:
Na ignorance dey worry you, there are many hausa christian ladies and i know many of them that are married to Igbos.

You are perfectly right. I am a living example and we are blessed with three beautiful children.

5 Likes

Re: Why Hausas Reject Igbo Suitors by Mynameis007(m): 5:22pm On Mar 06, 2021
BeboNGN:

I had same experience!

What were these other strenuous conditions?
Care to expatiate?
Re: Why Hausas Reject Igbo Suitors by Sammmyyyy(m): 7:44pm On Mar 06, 2021
I'll quickly share my experience, briefly too.

I served 2019 in an Islamic North Western state. During my service, the messenger to my Director would always pester me on how he wanted me to visit him in his house and see his girls, so I could pick one for marriage. Trust me man, he was very serious about it. In fact, because of that, my Co Corp Members started getting jealous of me. I am a Christian. From the South. With all of this, I guess he was fascinated at my hospitable nature, my command of spoken English and my corporate dressing style.

I just kept postponing the man, promising I'd visit even though I didn't. I didn't even inform him until I left. I am sure he would be so pained when he discovered I had travelled back. I cut communications with him too. I blocked his line and didn't pick unknown numbers for a while.

Not only that. I can not remember the number of Hausa girls who used to come to my side to chill, especially on weekends and their parents allowed. Why? I was free with everybody, even with their parents. There was no where I couldn't eat. Atimes when I bought things from their mum, I'd leave behind the change for the girls to get things with.

Omoh, thank God for resistance. I didn't defile any of them even when I had more than enough chance to.

Mehn, all Hausas aren't the same.

3 Likes

Re: Why Hausas Reject Igbo Suitors by Quality20(m): 7:47pm On Mar 06, 2021
Sammmyyyy:
I'll quickly share my experience, briefly too.

I served 2019 in an Islamic North Western state. During my service, the messenger to my Director would always pester me on how he wants me to visit him in his house and see his girls, so I could pick one for marriage. I am a Christian. From the South. With all of this, I guess he was fascinated at my hospitable nature, my command of spoken English and my corporate dresses.

I just kept postponing the man, promising I'd visit even though I didn't. I didn't even inform him until I left.

The messenger to my director
haba na! U shd av gone na
Re: Why Hausas Reject Igbo Suitors by Sammmyyyy(m): 7:52pm On Mar 06, 2021
Quality20:
haba na! U shd av gone na

Sorry you quoted a half story. I have modified it.

Well, the problem was:

I learnt he wasn't buoyant to send them to school. They couldn't communicate in English even though they understood a little.
Trust me, my mother would roast me alive if I had brought someone like that home.
Re: Why Hausas Reject Igbo Suitors by eazyduzit: 11:46pm On Mar 06, 2021
Not all Northerners are Muslims or Hausa,we have over a thousand minority languages in the North and they are partly Christians or Muslims.In Kaduna alone,we have almost 400 languages so too in state like Adamawa, Plateau,Gombe,Borno and Bauchi not to talk of Kebbi too.The trending scenario in Kaduna now is seeing Igbo and Yoruba marrying the Southern Kaduna indigenes because they feel they'll spend less marrying them than getting married to their people and also,the feel the woman will bring (Gara) most of the home/house properties "beds, cushions, electronic sets, kitchen utensils etc" to make her home comfortable .

1 Like

Re: Why Hausas Reject Igbo Suitors by Nonyeadamu: 12:08am On Mar 07, 2021
I love my Fulani Muslim man even though I told him I'm not ready to convert, I see myself converting someday cos of love.
Re: Why Hausas Reject Igbo Suitors by Quality20(m): 6:58am On Mar 07, 2021
Nonyeadamu:
I love my Fulani Muslim man even though I told him I'm not ready to convert, I see myself converting someday cos of love.
it's like he sees much money periodically?

2 Likes

Re: Why Hausas Reject Igbo Suitors by Quality20(m): 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2021
7victor:

I wasn't doing anything immoral with her daughter.

They are close to me and I help them often.
That is good of u.pls continue helping them.The world needs good ppl like u

1 Like

Re: Why Hausas Reject Igbo Suitors by fuckerboy(m): 3:15pm On Mar 07, 2021
I don vex.... If u are hausa girl from the north or where ever, just send me pm. Or send me a mail with this email address " henryalezi5@gmail.com "

I want to marry soon

Dnt be decieved by my monicker
Re: Why Hausas Reject Igbo Suitors by Gentle0wavez: 8:12pm On Mar 07, 2021
Quality20:
it's like he sees much money periodically?

cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Hausas Reject Igbo Suitors by Sluvist(m): 10:29pm On Mar 07, 2021
For long, i come to understand that most of the girls that claim been from north in online social forums are mostly from other tribes, especially if the activities in the forum are in English. Their are more than 100 languages and different tribes in the north that can stand as Hausas because they can speak the language.
Re: Why Hausas Reject Igbo Suitors by Eagba(m): 10:39pm On Mar 07, 2021
Nonyeadamu:
there's always a judas

(1) (Reply)

“men Who Don’t Cheat On Their Wives Die Early” – Scientist Reveals / Have You Courted Or Dated A Tomboy? / Clear Photos Of The Ghanaian Married Woman Who Went N@ked On Tiktok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.