Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups - Food (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups (42424 Views)

See The Banga Soup N Starch I Prepared This Afternoon. / How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) / 20 Of The World's Best, Mouthwatering Soups. Banga Soup Is No 1 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by ofiko123(m): 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2021
Fake news media...
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by Owologbo(m): 2:44pm On Mar 07, 2021
Branzy:

Urhobo. oghwo amiedi.
Urhobo no.
In Delta State, is between Isoko and Urhobo.
If I say it originated from Isoko now, argument don start be that.
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by Owologbo(m): 3:00pm On Mar 07, 2021
Branzy:

Urhobo. oghwo amiedi.
How did you get to the conclusion that Banga soup originated from Urhobo? And if I tell it originated from Isoko nko? Na Isoko get Banga soup. you can argue with yourself.

1 Like

Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by Owologbo(m): 3:16pm On Mar 07, 2021
Mummyfour:
khen khen with fish and pepper, onions and blended tomatoes grin
I was addicted to this meal from ghana.
Tomatoes inside Banga soup?
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by Owologbo(m): 3:29pm On Mar 07, 2021
porthouse7:
local level.... banga is cross river/ akwa ibom
no be only.
I served in Akwaibom. my landlord and other corpers (apart from Deltans, Edos and the Igbos) didn't know what Banga soup was until I taught them on how to cook it.
The Igbos use saint leafs and it's mainly for rice though.
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by ceeceeuwa: 4:36pm On Mar 07, 2021
FreeSpirited:
CNN has no right or know-how to know the best soup in Africa. Na we we fit determine da one.
To hell with CNN
You think they don't have Nigerian staff?
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by whirlwind7(m): 5:44pm On Mar 07, 2021
Igboid:

No one in Igbo land eat Banga soup or whatever you lots call it.

We eat Ofe akwu. They are not same. Stop patronizing yourselves. No well raised Igbo man will eat Banga and like it, let alone mistake it for Ofe akwu. No offense.

grin grin grin
They just gotta drag Igbos into everything.
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by Realhommie(m): 5:47pm On Mar 07, 2021
martineverest:
banga soup is the simpler form of Edo black soup
But the description in the Op talks about the Banga soup of the Urhobos... We're related culturally and traditionally, yes. But this very Banga soup is indigenous to the Urhobos, very different from that of the Igbos which is stew-like and that of the Edos.
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by Efewestern: 6:37pm On Mar 07, 2021
alfredilly:

Yes, palm oil cultivation spread to many south west state through the Urhobos. Ondo state is a prominent example. The Urhobos presence was very widespread in the southern part of the state, so much so that they speak the native language fluently. Sometimes, you can hardly differentiate an Urhobo person from Ikale. Ondo is also very prominent in Palm tree cultivation.

You are correct, what happened then was that, the locals never had the skills nor the interest in harvesting palms.

Also, in some eastern Yoruba territories, some of their Palms were too wild which was a big problem for the locals until the Urhobos came in and started massive palm oil trade.

This changed the economic situation of some Ikale territories like Okitipupa. you can read more on (https://www.nairaland.com/5916221/look-urhobo-migration-okitipupa-other).

Even Edo state has similar story, the Urhobos dominated and ran the palm oil business.

1 Like

Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by Bulldozer90: 6:40pm On Mar 07, 2021
Owologbo:

no be only.
I served in Akwaibom. my landlord and other corpers (apart from Deltans, Edos and the Igbos) didn't know what Banga soup was until I taught them on how to cook it.
The Igbos use saint leafs and it's mainly for rice though.
Actually, Igbos don't cook banga or whatever you call it. We don't even eat it. Ofe akwu is the major Igbo cuisine which is actually a stew.

1 Like

Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by TheWealthiest: 7:14pm On Mar 07, 2021
Midas01:
But they're talking about the Banga made by Niger Deltans, why you crying Lmao

Tueh!
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by martineverest(m): 7:43pm On Mar 07, 2021
Realhommie:
But the description in the Op talks about the Banga soup of the Urhobos... We're related culturally and traditionally, yes. But this very Banga soup is indigenous to the Urhobos, very different from that of the Igbos which is stew-like and that of the Edos.
it's same with Edo just the added vegetables is the difference
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by evasplendid(m): 10:01am On Mar 19, 2021
chiagozien:
I know about Ofe akwu not banga

Is it not same thing?..

ofe akwu=banga soup... Igbo

Ami edi=banga soup.. Uhrobo
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by Collins4444: 7:54pm On Mar 19, 2021
Please anyone in need of
*Melon (egusi), peeled and Unpeeled
*Maize (white and yellow)
*Soya beans
*Irish potatoes
*sweet potatoes
*Carrots
*Strawberry
*Cabbage *Zobo leaves
*Onions and other items,
Are available at affordable prices. Reach me on 08164195788
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by Collins4444: 9:06pm On Aug 11, 2021
Please keep your orders coming for your peeled and unpeeled Melon(Egusi). You can contact me on 08164195788.
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by Collins4444: 1:42pm On Jan 12, 2022
STILL IN THE BUSINESS
Please anyone in need of *Melon (Egusi), peeled and Unpeeled
*Maize (white and yellow)
*Soya beans
*Irish potatoes
*sweet potatoes
*Carrots
*Strawberry
*Cabbage *Zobo leaves
*Onions and other items,
Are available at affordable prices. Reach me on 08164195788
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by camsyfoods: 4:15pm On Apr 19, 2022
Banga to the world!

To get great results, please use Camsy banga spice. It is natural, great and affordable. There is nationwide delivery too. Contact us via Whatsapp on: 08068657647.
Distributors are needed nationwide. Reach out to us.

1 Like

Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by XAUBulls: 6:43pm On Dec 11, 2023
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by XAUBulls: 8:06pm On Dec 11, 2023
Efewestern:

You are correct, what happened then was that, the locals never had the skills nor the interest in harvesting palms.

Also, in some eastern Yoruba territories, some of their Palms were too wild which was a big problem for the locals until the Urhobos came in and started massive palm oil trade.

This changed the economic situation of some Ikale territories like Okitipupa. you can read more on (https://www.nairaland.com/5916221/look-urhobo-migration-okitipupa-other).

Even Edo state has similar story, the Urhobos dominated and ran the palm oil business.

Bump.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices / The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. / Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.