Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,276 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups (42296 Views)

See The Banga Soup N Starch I Prepared This Afternoon. / How I Cook Delicious Groundnut Soup, Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) / 20 Of The World's Best, Mouthwatering Soups. Banga Soup Is No 1 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by Sirmwill: 6:14pm On Mar 06, 2021
CobraAnambra:

Banga soup no be ibo soup na. You must sha attach ibo even when they are not mentioned. Low self-esteem has finished you.

-cobra

Don't mind me jare
Self-Esteem kwa?
I have plenty in case you need some
I ain't Igbo Btw
wink

1 Like

Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:15pm On Mar 06, 2021
What of white soup?

1 Like

Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by AlienRobot: 6:15pm On Mar 06, 2021
darkypearl:
please who has dragnet past questions o anybody
it is urgent.
send a mail to alienrobot01@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by adadike(f): 6:15pm On Mar 06, 2021
I do cook ofe akwu every Friday. Chai! With opei Nsukka, fresh garden scent leaves ( nshanwu) if you come saute small fresh tomatoes before you pour the nmili akwu . Don't forget crayfish and slightly smoked fresh fish. You come join am with palmy, eh chimo! Na to sleep dey dream where Angels dey fan u be next

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by NECO1998: 6:19pm On Mar 06, 2021
You can now see that if northerners chose to go on strike, hunger alone will kill them. Do they even have food? Let them mention one soup they have. Have you seen any Hausa!Fulani hotel before? Hahaha!
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by karkel(m): 6:19pm On Mar 06, 2021
Nsala soup
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by karkel(m): 6:20pm On Mar 06, 2021
Offa owerri
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by johnpablo541(m): 6:20pm On Mar 06, 2021
Thazard:

Ejoor

Osé I suppose to digwe for you.

Osé Migwo!

Vre-do. Oma owa ga re?

1 Like

Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by Tedpgrass: 6:21pm On Mar 06, 2021
Sirmwill:
The Igbos and Deltans are undeniably the best at cooking native meals.I don't stand to be corrected cos it's a fact.

The Yoruba soups don't go beyond the Efo riro,Egusi soup,Okro soup,Ewedu and Sauce/Stew.

Some Igbo mothers even know specific soups that work for specific sicknesses.

I know a friend's brother that fell sick and become lean after recovery...In one week,his mother performed magic on him with soups.He was all puffed up.I heard that he was treated to Groundnut soup and some other soups...
"

Disagree with the above!!!

There are yoruba herbal soups for certain conditions... Efirin soup comes to mind..

A lack of personal knowledge is not an excuse to make generalised comments which denigrate a tribe or people.

6 Likes

Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by chrizzyace: 6:21pm On Mar 06, 2021
Correct!!!!! Banga soup to the world. We nor deh carry last nau...

2 Likes

Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by Igboid: 6:22pm On Mar 06, 2021
I have never seen or eaten Banga. Only hear of it or see it online.
I know its only eaten in Delta South, Delta Central and Edo state.
Ofe Nsala, a typical Igbo soup is the main soup in Enuani Delta.
As an Igbo the only non Igbo soup I can eat is those from Akwa Cross, Afang and Edikaikong.

I don't understand the criteria that made a regionally limited soup like Banga the number one soup in Nigeria. It doesn't make sense, and therefore the report is a suspicious one.

List of popular and generally accepted as delicious Nigerian soups.

1. Eguisi
2. Ogbono
3. Afang/Edikaikong.

Every other soup is limited to the tribe or region that owns it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by Igboid: 6:24pm On Mar 06, 2021
adadike:
I do cook ofe akwu every Friday. Chai! With opei Nsukka, fresh garden scent leaves ( nshanwu) if you come saute small fresh tomatoes before you pour the nmili akwu . Don't forget crayfish and slightly smoked fresh fish. You come join am with palmy, eh chimo! Na to sleep dey dream where Angels dey fan u be next

Ofe akwu is not same as Banga biko.

The only thing they have in common is the palm oil sauce. The preparation method, the ingredients all vary dramatically.

5 Likes

Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by BLoomfrancs(m): 6:24pm On Mar 06, 2021
I still prefer ofe ora with roasted chicken.
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by onyenatruchi: 6:25pm On Mar 06, 2021
Luscious kiss
Make i go enjoy my Ora Soup smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by Zidane199(m): 6:25pm On Mar 06, 2021
Sirmwill:
The Igbos and Deltans are undeniably the best at cooking native meals.I don't stand to be corrected cos it's a fact.

The Yoruba soups don't go beyond the Efo riro,Egusi soup,Okro soup,Ewedu and Sauce/Stew.

Hausas prepare soups like concoctions "that did not done finish" angry
If I begin to list Igbo soups for you, cheesy people's comments will start from page 2
I know a friend's brother that fell sick and become lean after recovery...In one week,his mother performed magic on him with soups.He was all puffed up.I heard that he was treated to Groundnut soup and some other soups...
The hausas can only come close to the Igbo cooking art but cannot amount to it.

You have to agree with me that

Igbo Amaka!!!
For wailers,I am Yoruba.I can't deny facts grin

Meanwhile

The Future is Female

Sapphiere,if this gets to front page as Ftc,"na to collect my account number remain oo"
though am a yoruba guy but when it comes to cooking, I bow for igbo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by Depressed101: 6:25pm On Mar 06, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

[s]Lol

Neo colonialised low self-esteem slaves

Na ya slave master for Fake News Network go determine wetin sweet and wetin no sweet..

Imagine Janet Clarkson giving her own opinion in her book now black inferior people are jubilating like they achieved something

If Richard Quest decided they are monkeys they would jubilate, If Anderson Cooper calls them Snake they accept

[/s]

1 Like

Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by dederocs(m): 6:28pm On Mar 06, 2021
Groundnut soup...the best.
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by AFONJACOW(m): 6:28pm On Mar 06, 2021
Afonjas and their ewedu is not there grin
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by Sirmwill: 6:29pm On Mar 06, 2021
Tedpgrass:

Disagree with the above!!!

There are yoruba herbal soups for certain conditions... Efirin soup comes to mind..

A lack of personal knowledge is not an excuse to make generalised comments which denigrate a tribe or people.

A lack of basic reading and deciphering skills is not an excuse to hastily comment shallow-mindedly on obvious axioms

Read again and again and again until you see it
wink
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by Igboid: 6:30pm On Mar 06, 2021
onyenatruchi:
Luscious kiss
Make i go enjoy my Ora Soup smiley

See better soup.
Chai!

1 Like

Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by porthouse7(f): 6:30pm On Mar 06, 2021
Sirmwill:

Hausas prepare soups like concoctions "that did not done finish" angry
If I begin to list Igbo soups for you, cheesy people's comments will start from page 2
The hausas can only come close to the Igbo cooking art but cannot amount to it.

You have to agree with me that

Igbo Amaka!!!
For wailers,I am Yoruba.I can't deny facts grin

Meanwhile

The Future is Female

Sapphiere,if this gets to front page as Ftc,"na to collect my account number remain oo"
local level.... banga is cross river/ akwa ibom
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by Sirmwill: 6:32pm On Mar 06, 2021
porthouse7:
local level.... banga is cross river/ akwa ibom
Foreign level...read the original post and see where it is written that Banga is Niger Deltan
wink

1 Like

Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by Omoluabi16(m): 6:32pm On Mar 06, 2021
Spot on. Banga is a very special soup. Tastes awesome!

1 Like

Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by porthouse7(f): 6:33pm On Mar 06, 2021
Sirmwill:

Foreign level...read the original post and see where it is written that Banga is Niger Deltan
wink
d mentioned States are not ND again,?
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by uni69(f): 6:35pm On Mar 06, 2021
Where are my UHROBO people from DELTA STATE. We make the best banga soup ever along side with starch, served in a native pot called EWELE, ( hope i got the spelling right ). DELTA to the world.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by jonnypie(m): 6:35pm On Mar 06, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

Lol

Neo colonialised low self-esteem slaves

Na ya slave master for Fake News Network go determine wetin sweet and wetin no sweet..

Imagine Janet Clarkson giving her own opinion in her book now black inferior people are jubilating like they achieved something

If Richard Quest decided they are monkeys they would jubilate, If Anderson Cooper calls them Snake they accept

U can imagine the nonsense, when I can't do with out my draw soup prepared by Ngozi...
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by Lightorder: 6:36pm On Mar 06, 2021
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by jimyjames(m): 6:37pm On Mar 06, 2021
CobraAnambra:

Banga soup no be ibo soup na. You must sha attach ibo even when they are not mentioned. Low self-esteem has finished you.

-cobra
Banga soup is ofe akwu in igbo, so how will you say it's not igbo soup? The name banga is just popular it's indigenous to igbo too, and do you know the name okra originates from okoro, okuru okwuru in igbo

5 Likes

Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by Sirmwill: 6:37pm On Mar 06, 2021
porthouse7:
d mentioned States are not ND again,?

Which post did you read? undecided
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by Juanmike(m): 6:37pm On Mar 06, 2021
I can't see Ewedu and ofe mmanu...
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:37pm On Mar 06, 2021
chiagozien:
I know about Ofe akwu not banga
Akwu bu banga Nwanna. LOL
Re: CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups by EmmanuelScott1(m): 6:38pm On Mar 06, 2021
No soup sweet me pass EGUSI soup cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Garden Egg, Cabbage, And Egusi Soup Recipe (with PHOTOS) / The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. / Pls How Do I Make Yoghurt @ Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.