Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child (9251 Views)

Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why / Would You Marry Someone Below Your Status?: Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by Veracious(f): 12:26pm On Jul 10, 2007
@ crazykid

are you very sure love does'nt work that way?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by Hazeleyed(f): 1:09pm On Jul 10, 2007
We are all matured enough to make decisions.but i would really love it if some of us think of it deeply because anyone of us could be a victim and still needs to be happily married in life by the one he/she loves and not out of pity.

Personally i can get married to a man who already has a child,not out of pity but true love for him.
it does'nt matter to me if the child or children are really pain in my neck because for you to really find true love there must be something to pay for you to get it.and these might just be one of it.

Am sure some of you who said NO can be madly inlove with a single parent tomorrow that you just can't let go.

hnnmmmm,,,@veracious,i hope u are not confused and as well trying to confuse us, at first it was if u can marry a hiv plus,now u are asking if u can marry one with a kid, am i to take it that the guy came with AIDS and a kid?that's a full package i must say,anyway,i'll just keep my opinion to myself cos i learnt from ur other thread that u already make up ur mind before u ask for advice,so there's really no need to give opinions here.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by degubi(m): 2:58pm On Jul 10, 2007
yes i can.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by drrionelli(m): 7:31pm On Jul 10, 2007
If true love doesn't work that way, then how would it work?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by Veracious(f): 12:32pm On Jul 11, 2007
@ hazel-eyed

you can as well keep your opinons to your self cos i don't think i need someone like you who is so shallow minded and dumb in the head to say a word on my tread let alone opinions.
and by the way, who told you am the one directly involved in these topics you mentioned or don't you understand english? well i think you don't cos merely reading your comments needs extra deligence on ones part because of your spelling error. i seriousely doubt what you graduated with in the university, that is if you even got to the gate of one. my dear pls do me a favour by staying clear off my tread. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? you better do.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by kateflow(f): 12:37pm On Jul 11, 2007
yes i can if tell me before getting marrierd to him
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by Veracious(f): 1:21pm On Jul 11, 2007
@ kateflow

i feel you.

the guy has to be honest from the onset not hiding or keeping it from you. because hiding the truth can really be disheartining.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by Veracious(f): 1:26pm On Jul 11, 2007
@drrionelli

nice question.

i hope they would answaer it.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by topeorekoy(m): 1:43pm On Jul 11, 2007
sometimes, i wonder y ppe talk in this manner.

GUY: what if ur wife dies at child labour of her 1st child and u r 30 at that moment? does it mean u wont get married again if all ladies have that kind of notion in mind that they cant marry a man with a child?

LADIES: What if ur husband dies at a tender age and u r 29 and u have a baby for him? does it mean u'll not marry again if all men have that kind of notion that they cant marry a woman with a kid?

it all boils down to any party involved to be truthful from the start so that i wont cause trouble
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by Veracious(f): 2:05pm On Jul 11, 2007
@ topeorekoy

hmmmmmm what a tought provoking question.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by sanrima(f): 2:31pm On Jul 11, 2007
undecided maybe or maybe not. it depends on d 2 people involved. as 4 me lipsrsealed for now.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by Veracious(f): 3:02pm On Jul 11, 2007
@ sanrima

hahahaha you are very funny girlfriend.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by drrionelli(m): 11:35pm On Jul 11, 2007
@Veracious:
Your kind words are much appreciated! I, too, was hoping for an answer to my last question.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by olalekankb(m): 2:06am On Jul 12, 2007
Are we sincere with our comments? if no, check ur mind. As for me, it's not easy, it is only when u find urself in that shoe, then u will know what to do, but stories around us are lesson for us.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by mrferlie(m): 3:04am On Jul 12, 2007
so far she get pussy i go marry her
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by Veracious(f): 1:38pm On Jul 12, 2007
@ olalekankb

you sure made a very good point. we have to be sincere with our selves. the truth is some of us might today think we can go ahead and marry such a man or woman,but when it comes to reality we find it difficult to do, most expecially when our close family members disagree to such decisions or when we think about the views from our friends etc. LOVE there say is blind, that is why some who said they can't today might with open eyes marry a single parent.

this love thing is really crazy,it makes you do the impossible.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by ne4real(f): 12:18pm On Jul 13, 2007
yes i can if it is not more than a child

afterall, everyone makes mistakes in life
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by kunleola2(m): 1:14pm On Jul 13, 2007
wel 2 be sincere,it depends on her character,i mean her innermost beauty after al the mess because our past does not determine our future,conclusively i can settle down wit her if she also have d qualities
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by naijabands(m): 2:42pm On Jul 13, 2007
Let  me begin by emphasizing my bias;I have a 25 month old boy that happens to be the centre of my world grin. Though I have faced the issue first hand (My ex galfriend's pa went through the roof the day she told him she wanted to marry me! cry)

[size=8pt]I have no problem with marrying an IBB (I Born B4 wink) so long as we have thrashed out the key issues [b]before the union. the key issues (2 me o) are; the status of the other parent of the child, our roles in the family (You will be shocked at the mess people make out of THAT!!) and why she wants to marry ME!!![/size][/b]

But people all seem to get it wrong that single parents have problems with findin partners, but I submit that the problem that normally arises is TO MARRY OR NOT TO MARRY!!! Taking me as a case study; everyone wants to know 'the woman' (awon shayo) when even me never see myself finish. It is very tempting for me to dig my feet in, face my chairman SQUARELY, then come out of my hole in a few years (maybe 7 or thereabout) to look for a cute chick to strike again; if I am lucky, I will get a gal child. If that happens, I will give her the wonderful alternative of moving to the Bahamas on my bill provided she wont come disturbing my life till at least another 10 years!

Yes, I know say I don dey crase small, small, but MEN, though guys (on a general level) are totally wacko, some girls dey KOLO fully!!! shocked

But again, y not if not? All you IBBs wey get correct sense, abeg holler me at wildeji.hi5.com; I get awon boiz YAPA wey dey search for woman wey don born; una no go curse dem for Labour room,  after all, YOU V BN THERE!

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by Veracious(f): 1:54pm On Jul 16, 2007
@ naijabands
But again, y not if not? All you IBBs wey get correct sense, abeg holler me at wildeji.hi5.com; I get awon boiz YAPA wey dey search for woman wey don born; una no go curse them for Labour room, after all, YOU V BN THERE!

hu ha ha ha ha naijabands will not kill me with laughter oh
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by naijabands(m): 2:14pm On Jul 16, 2007
Vera, wetin I come say wey reach dat one?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by tasiana(m): 6:30pm On Jul 16, 2007
we cld plan our life the way we want it then again one can never realy predicts what Fate has in stock for him/her.Seen  or heard about a scenerio where a couple were married and living happily for years then one day a child surfaces and was introduced as either the woman or the man's child.In a case like this would u quit the marriage?
my point,I Never say Never.
Ofcourse i would love to start on a clean slate  then again, am no fortune teller.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by Veracious(f): 12:52pm On Jul 17, 2007
Marriage is something we can't really predict its outcome expecially when you rush into it with the wrong partner.that is why i suggest we marry our best friend,someone we really know in and out; not just a friend who is capable of hiding somethings from you until when he/she knows it already late to make a decision to remain in the marriage or not,expecially when you both legaly got married.

SO TRY KNOWING THE PERSON YOU INTEND MARRYING TO AVOID SOME UNPLESANT SITUATIONS LATER IN YOUR HOME LIKE, YOU KNOW lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by Prince22(m): 2:47am On Jul 18, 2007
It does not really matter

Do people that really marry without children before marriage do't depart or those that happened to don't depart?

All that matters is LOOOOOOOVE (agpe one)

By this no one we see each other mistakes
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by newbride: 10:34am On Apr 21, 2009
what is wrong with that? i dont see this as a topic, sorry

its not like they have a disease, they made a good decision by not aborting, does not make them exempt from marriage?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by ijleke(f): 12:12pm On Apr 21, 2009
@ crazykid i belive that you refren from calling any child born out of wedluck BASTARD because ur parents married and gave birth to you dont make you no BASTARD as long as the baby has a father he/she is NOT A BASTARD. Mind your language.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by tallrock(m): 1:06pm On Apr 21, 2009
Yes, If we are in love!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by Eve2002(f): 5:21pm On Apr 27, 2009
nothing to think about that, just take the child like your own baby cos is a blessing
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by SAGoddess: 11:47am On May 06, 2010
Old topic but I will add my 2 cents anyway,

I don't see anything wrong with marrying a man with a child, whether I have one or not, there are a lot of blended families with the high rate of divorce going on nowadays, surely that does not mean the divorced partners do not deserve a second chance at love, surely! Is a young widow expected to go through life alone just because her husband died too young? That does not sound fair to me at all!

I will not even look in the direction of a man who does not like my child but claims to love me, how can he love me and not love what I come with, my blood, my child
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by newmusic: 2:58pm On May 06, 2010
definitely yes, there's nothing bad there.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by vanillaz: 12:13pm On May 07, 2010
yes n no, w\ok check out answers on www.namywedding.com/advice
Re: Can You Marry Someone Who Already Had A Child by amf(f): 12:51pm On May 07, 2010
I see nothing wrong in it but the problem will be if they are still in contact

(1) (2) (Reply)

First Time Taking Canadian Loud (photos) / Has anyone ever met a guy/lady on nairaland and date the person? / Steps On How To Toast A Lady For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.