Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,407 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe (18943 Views)

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree / Have You Ever Lost A Job Offer Because You Negotiated Your Salary Too High? / Have You Ever Lost A Job Or An Opportunity Because Of Your Personality?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by Sterope(f): 9:57pm On Mar 20, 2021
There are many Yorubas that are willing to recount their experiences working in an Igbo dominated organisations as well. It is what happens when you have majority and minority in the same space.

You are trying to give mad people an identity. Soon, you begin to embody that bigotry as well.

DonMekino:

Example is the Redeemed Church Of God.....I don't need to elaborate

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by mentored: 11:43pm On Mar 20, 2021
Fixey:

Smiles. I'm kin to SE. It's exactly why people should built healthy relationships with other people and not act irrationally. While there may be a claim on stereotypes, tribal hating and all, let's be objective that many times the igbo dude would act like to hell with it and goes all out to do and undo. This is what it always leads to... That attitude of I don't give a hoot and to hell with consequences. It's the exact attitude that makes people characterise the Igbos as people to be careful with. In this scenario, it's not tribal hating but what the average igbo man does.

Before anyone misconstrues my points. In all houses I've lived in, I've conducted myself so peaceable and gentle that mu landlords even friends all looked for people from my tribe to get involved with. Why? Their experiences from dealing with me. Close to 4 friends got married to people from my tribe because of how how interconnected with me and how I impressed on them. Regardless of what happens in all the houses I lived in, nothing touches me. In the village I have projects setup, people love me from the entrance of the city into the interiors

My dear, tell igbos to stop the to hell attitude and work on building good relations with people. There are thousands of such stories above. It's not tribal hating, it's the igbotic attitude

Igbotic attitude

Eyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

We dont pretend to love and stab on the back

if we say no

We stand by the no

We dont bow to greet evil elders nor respect them.

If you are bad, expect no respect

IF Tinubu WAS TO BE AN IGBO MAN

WE WILL NOT FOLLOW HIM TO THE GUTTER

Read the above twice

YOU CAN SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE WEST

Who brought buhari upon US ALL

Tinubu

Why?

Because your lots follow and respect elders even when they are damn wrong.

THAT IS NOT AN IGBO MAN FOR YOU

DO NOT GIVE US THE JOB

WE WILL RATHER OPEN BUSINESSES AND EMPLOY YOU

PERIOD
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by mentored: 11:55pm On Mar 20, 2021
TheNeededShock:

This will be good, but your economic migrant brothers can't seem to do without us or anything that involves a Yoruba..... they're constantly trooping into the south west.

Make una kuku divide nigeria
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by mentored: 12:06am On Mar 21, 2021
Lyrics269:
My friend went to this job interview in Lagos and after passing through all the steps. The manager told him that his results were good but that they don't employ Igbo people in the organization because of the nasty experience they once had with an igbo employee. My friend was shocked and very depressed.
Have you ever lost a job because of your tribe

IN the UK

I use staffline as an example

At hello fresh,

You will see Ghanaians speaking their language

You will see indians speaking their language

You will see russians and Chinese

You will even see company signages welcoming you in different languages

But nothing on Nigeria,

Do you know why?

We failed the basic test of national unity -------------- LANGUAGE

We have no business being together.

We are different in EVERYTHING

Nairaland is where we SHOWER HATRED UPON ONE ANOTHER

MTCHEW
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by vickydevoka(m): 12:17am On Mar 21, 2021
ariesbull:

You are not ...igbo,. That is meant to thicken you and prepare you for success....

In igbo land they don't celebrate weaklings and failure...abeg ask your mama who your father is , you are not igbo , trust me

That's y 90 % are into drugs. Risking their live bcus of money that will be used to marry a parasitic ungrateful woman
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by Nobody: 3:32am On Mar 21, 2021
Regex:

Been long since I last saw your comments. Howdie sir!

I'm fine. Busy. And you?
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by Regex: 8:14am On Mar 21, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

I'm fine. Busy. And you?

I'm great chief.

Trying to adjust to the new environment.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by IvarDboneless: 12:02pm On Mar 21, 2021
Fixey:

My project will be fully set up within a year I will also be careful with igbo appointments.

If igbos continues to see things as people hate them rather than infer rational lessons, there can't be behavioral improvement and betterment of the soul. It would pay you to listen to the counsel I raised. One side of me is from SE yet I dare to say what I say and stand by it.
If you already have this imaginary perception of the igbos at heart, my brother forget it you can never employ any Igbo man in that your company sir..I was a victim of hate by other tribes at my work place because of I was the best in my Dept and I was best dressed, the jealousy was so glaring to the eye that some times I kept on wondering if it was a crime to bring top notch ideas to the board. But because I was not there tribe. It's really terrible bros.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by nanauju(f): 11:19pm On Mar 21, 2021
Fixey:

Smiles. I'm kin to SE. It's exactly why people should built healthy relationships with other people and not act irrationally. While there may be a claim on stereotypes, tribal hating and all, let's be objective that many times the igbo dude would act like to hell with it and goes all out to do and undo. This is what it always leads to... That attitude of I don't give a hoot and to hell with consequences. It's the exact attitude that makes people characterise the Igbos as people to be careful with. In this scenario, it's not tribal hating but what the average igbo man does.

Before anyone misconstrues my points. In all houses I've lived in, I've conducted myself so peaceable and gentle that mu landlords even friends all looked for people from my tribe to get involved with. Why? Their experiences from dealing with me. Close to 4 friends got married to people from my tribe because of how how interconnected with me and how I impressed on them. Regardless of what happens in all the houses I lived in, nothing touches me. In the village I have projects setup, people love me from the entrance of the city into the interiors

My dear, tell igbos to stop the to hell attitude and work on building good relations with people. There are thousands of such stories above. It's not tribal hating, it's the igbotic attitude

You think so highly of yourself but condemn people who do same.

Your hypocrisy stinks and you’re a tribal bigot no matter how you think you are not. All this thing dey ur chest to talk since, the op kuku gave you the platform to vomit your rubbish before it chokes you to death

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 22, 2021
Regex:

I'm great chief.

Trying to adjust to the new environment.

Oh. You've relocated? Best of luck. Do us proud. I hope you achieve more than you ever dreamed of.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by Regex: 1:36pm On Mar 22, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Oh. You've relocated? Best of luck. Do us proud. I hope you achieve more than you ever dreamed of.

By God's grace I will. Yes, I have. I might be hitting you up in the near future for business ideas and perhaps your guidance. In case I do now, is your email good?
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 22, 2021
Regex:

By God's grace I will. Yes, I have. I might be hitting you up in the near future for business ideas and perhaps your guidance. In case I do now, is your email good?

Yes. Though I'll probably be going off the grid sometime soon.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by Regex: 3:41pm On Mar 22, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Yes. Though I'll probably be going off the grid sometime soon.

Let me hit you up now just in case you go phoenix on here.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by DenreleDave(m): 1:31pm On Mar 23, 2021
nonut:

They do it to rub it on your face.
I was once in a situation like that.
Was looking for house and when I found one, I called the lawyer in charge of the house and she asked where I was from, I told her.
She gave me appointment to see her the next day.
I went to see her and she told me the landlord doesn't want Igbos.
I was like WTF?
Why can't you just tell me on phone?
She simply did it to rub it in.
But like they say, every disappointment is a blessing.
A week later, I got another place... Better security, water, prepaid meter for every flat, peaceful atmosphere and at a slightly cheaper price.
Who says there's no God?

Don't be pained bro... Almost every has issues with igbos..... Even here in akwa ibom....

I am telling u the fact
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by nonut: 1:38pm On Mar 23, 2021
DenreleDave:

Don't be pained bro... Almost every has issues with igbos..... Even here in akwa ibom....

I am telling u the fact
Keep digging.
At least, I have a flat to my name, unlike you.
Have you begged for alms today?

Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by DenreleDave(m): 1:44pm On Mar 23, 2021
nonut:
Keep digging. At least, I have a flat to my name, unlike you. Have you begged for alms today?
Yes imaginary flat..... No wọnder.... Flatedd has a flat...

Kiddo, I av no word to exchange wth u... Oya trip ofd
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by nonut: 1:51pm On Mar 23, 2021
DenreleDave:

Yes imaginary flat.....
No wọnder.... Flatedd has a flat...

Kiddo, I av no word to exchange wth u... Oya trip ofd
You suddenly have no words to exchange with me?
You thought I was those kids you bully upandan?
You beg with your personal details online and still use the same username to post tribalistic comments...sense is far very away from you.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by DenreleDave(m): 1:53pm On Mar 23, 2021
nonut:

You beg with your personal details online and still use the same username to post tribalistic comments...sense is far very away from you.

Anybody can make mouth..... Quote where I begged.... gringrin

Where is the person details bro

Words are easy to say....

But don't forget that even Nigeria sef dey beg.... Politician beg, govt dey beg...

You have also begged.......

So what is the big deal if Somone beg bcox he doesn't have?

Even if I did ask for assistance, on the same website, I have rendered help to many people too..

What goes around comes around bro
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by DenreleDave(m): 1:56pm On Mar 23, 2021
nonut:

how many nairalanders have u helped since u register on this site?
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by nonut: 2:05pm On Mar 23, 2021
DenreleDave:

Anybody can make mouth..... Quote where I begged.... gringrin

Where is the person details bro

Words are easy to say....

But don't forget that even Nigeria sef dey beg.... Politician beg, govt dey beg...

You have also begged.......

So what is the big deal if Somone beg bcox he doesn't have?

Even if I did ask for assistance, on the same website, I have rendered help to many people too..

What goes around comes around bro
Humility don finally come..lol
With my 4×6 shop, I have everything I need.
I don't need to beg and I don't go from thread to thread insulting people/tribe, unless someone decides to do so.
Change your ways. Your helper could be here, but your tribalistic comments can make them change their mind.
Adios.
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by iddonla: 11:52am On Mar 25, 2021
jirehUB:
I’ve had an experience, but I’ll like to start by saying something my father used to say( he’s late now)
The white Americans( whatever this means) don’t like black Americans (whatever this means)

Black Americans don’t like African Americans( immigrants)

Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo don’t like themselves
Igbo man from Anambra feels he’s superior to Igbo man from Abia
Man from Aba feels he’s superior to man from Umuahia
Man from Umuahia south feels he’s superior to man from Umuahia north
The red blood cells are always at war with the white blood cells

It’s in human nature to despise what he’s not.

A few years ago an agent sent me to work for one Igbo man at Idumota Lagos.

When he saw me first thing he asked was “ are you from anambra?” I said no

Where are you from?

Abia state

Ahhh you’re my brother oo

Kee kwanu? ( how are you?)

I’m fine

What part of Abia are you from?

Umuahia

Umuahia... people from umuahia are always too stubborn, I don’t really like people from umuahia. I’m from Aba but my wife is from umuahia but she is the only good person from that side. grin All the other people I’ve met from umuahia are always rebellious, but I will try you and see sad . The other useless boy that left this shop is from anambra, that boy nearly created another shop inside my shop. He was making more money for himself than he was making for me. grin shocked umuahia people... umuahia people... I hope you are humble oo, I don’t want a situation where I will shout for you now and you start fighting me. This is my shop oo

I wasn’t angry that the man said those things about Umuahia people. People are an embodiment of their experiences, so we should cut them some slack.
We should strive to be better people
Be an example wherever we are
My best working experiences has been with people of other tribes, but it’s an individual thing.

Person wey good, good.

wow

your mama born you well..

guess you are the type of igbo guys I grew up with..
not all this animals (yoruba and igbo) tribalist on nairaland
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by lebete3000: 12:55am On Mar 27, 2021
I hope Igbos can learn 1/2 lessons from the bashing they've received thus far.

It's quite difficult for every other tribes and even a portion of your own tribe to hate you without cause.

However being the type of people I know them to be, theyll rather die than change, deluding themselves into believing they're thoroughly bred.

I've said it before, give Igbos their Biafra and ket them go. I promise you they'll annihilate themselves in 5years, and the rest of Nigeria would easily occupy their lands and live happily and peacefully ever after; never to see their flat heads again.

We would teach our descendants in folklores of a particular tribe's chauvinism that drove them into extinction.

This is the systematic way to rid ourselves of their plague undecided
Re: Have You Ever Lost A Job Due To Your Tribe by sharpsecret: 10:24am On Mar 27, 2021
lebete3000:
I hope Igbos can learn 1/2 lessons from the bashing they've received thus far.

It's quite difficult for every other tribes and even a portion of your own tribe to hate you without cause.

However being the type of people I know them to be, theyll rather die than change, deluding themselves into believing they're thoroughly bred.

I've said it before, give Igbos their Biafra and ket them go. I promise you they'll annihilate themselves in 5years, and the rest of Nigeria would easily occupy their lands and live happily and peacefully ever after; never to see their flat heads again.

We would teach our descendants in folklores of a particular tribe's chauvinism that drove them into extinction.

This is the systematic way to rid ourselves of their plague undecided
what if they dint annihilate themselves?wht wil u teach ur children?too much of nollywood movies,dats why u are talking rubbish

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

N-Power: Camp For Tech Software Opens On Monday / Should I pay a whooping sum of 500k to get a job? Please Advice!!!.... / Is Your Salary Enough In This Economy?, Get In Here Let's Discuss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.