Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) (52073 Views)

Update On Awka Millennium City (photos) / Access Road To Awka Millennium City(photos) / The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by Josywhyte: 1:30pm On Apr 21, 2021
All these pictures wey u dey show me say make I do wetin? Come dia? Your plan no go work. The only I fit visit for that state na the government house or the personal house of the governor. Simple!
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by CaptainFM1: 1:31pm On Apr 21, 2021
Kcitytv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBNxG7tf2xQ

Maiduguri is the Capital of Borno State. It is located in the Sahel Savannah region of north-east Nigeria .

Maiduguri is the capital and largest city of Borno state in northeastern Nigeria.

The state is called home of peace ,yes it was one of most peaceful state in Nigeria before the Boko Haram issues started. Some people think that people don't live in the city or the city might be a ghost city due to the attacks.

We went round the city to show or take you to Maiduguri via this video so that you will know how Maiduguri look like.

●NOTE The video will be useful to people that always hear of the state in the news and what to know how the state looks like.

If Maiduguri is home of Peace, Kaduna is home of Freedom and DSS office is home of "Free Speech".
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by tnerro1(m): 1:32pm On Apr 21, 2021
What of where boko boys dey?
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by Lovelyn451(f): 1:32pm On Apr 21, 2021
Maiduguri...beautiful city. Unimaid and unijos, best universities in the north, Abu Zaria was nothing compared to these two schools, they just had to cripple these states including Kaduna to build their kano and zaria...tchew
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by Elidrisy20: 1:36pm On Apr 21, 2021
Ahamefuna0001:
Maiduguri used to be so cool before the advent Book haram, when the 1st Shehu was still alive. I stayed shortly at Gomari Airport Junction, I remember buying my stuffs at either gomari market or bulunkutu kasuwa. Saleke, Wulahi, Post Office, Garage down to baga road are some of the cool places I normally visited, I don't know if the Zoo at post Office is still there.

After losing few kinsmen there from the crises, I swore I would never venture the North again.
sorry for your lost
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by chinedu234(m): 1:38pm On Apr 21, 2021
I remember some black and white pictures of my parents smiling even as the Nigeria/Biafra war was ongoing. Guess what? The pictures were taken at different places in Biafran territory. The message here is that despite the situation life must go on. The life could be ostrich type but it has to go on.
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by JaceBlaze: 1:38pm On Apr 21, 2021
internationalman:
Villages in ordinary South Africa are more beautiful than most Nigerian cities. Mine included

You started off on a right note but lost sense when you called South Africa "ordinary"

3 Likes

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 21, 2021
Kcitytv:

Maiduguri is the Capital of Borno State. It is located in the Sahel Savannah region of north-east Nigeria .

Maiduguri is the capital and largest city of Borno state in northeastern Nigeria.

The state is called home of peace ,yes it was one of most peaceful state in Nigeria before the Boko Haram issues started. Some people think that people don't live in the city or the city might be a ghost city due to the attacks.

We went round the city to show or take you to Maiduguri via this video so that you will know how Maiduguri look like.

●NOTE The video will be useful to people that always hear of the state in the news and what to know how the state looks like.
I can't remember the last time we saw such road in Edo State.
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by wiseoneking: 1:43pm On Apr 21, 2021
CheedyJ:

Man wey Dey gossip like you , I never see...
You wet dey pokenose for another man's issue, you are indeed a saint.
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by salt1: 1:47pm On Apr 21, 2021
Empty streets!
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by JaceBlaze: 1:49pm On Apr 21, 2021
- The infrastructure looks yellowish

- No dividing marks on the road (mind you the road itself still look like it needs a lot of improvements)

- No side walk pavements for pedestrians.

- No traffic lights in sight.

2 Likes

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by Conrod: 1:54pm On Apr 21, 2021
post=100988841:
A better Nigeria all over is what we are after.

Slow and steady we will get to a land flowing with milk and honey.

God bless Nigeria.

We Rise!
WAKE FROM YOUR DREAM,MR DREAMER or i pure you water.
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by CheedyJ(m): 2:02pm On Apr 21, 2021
wiseoneking:
You wet dey pokenose for another man's issue, you are indeed a saint.
How’s d lady’s ‘demise’ your issue, must you be the bearer of bad news?
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by Mrsoft3(m): 2:08pm On Apr 21, 2021
Slynation:
Lol....Op is indirectly telling people the state is a safe haven, but a lot of lies are hidden in the truth.....!!

You think maiduguri is not safe? You allow the media to brainwash you, all you have heard is not all that it seems.
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by mofedamijo(m): 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2021
internationalman:
Villages in ordinary South Africa are more beautiful than most Nigerian cities. Mine included

That is a lie, stop it. I have travelled the length and breath of South Africa/Southern Africa. There is no village in South Africa better than Nigerian cities. I repeat, non.
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by BigBizzy(m): 2:15pm On Apr 21, 2021
Make una carry una state go...we no want grin
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by SmartyPants(m): 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2021
GeorgeTheCoder:
What is the essence of this post ? Is the OP trying to sell a war ravaged city ?

He's trying to correct people like you who think the entirety of Borbor is a war zone
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by meobizy(f): 2:30pm On Apr 21, 2021
I’m good where I live. They should continue enjoying themselves.
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by Ellasure: 2:32pm On Apr 21, 2021
The Maiduguri you are seeing in the pictures here are the true state of the northern Nigeria today. The whole place is ravaged by unending battles for religious supremacy and tribal cleansing by the Fulani tribe against the indigenous tribes in the geographical northern Nigeria.

To attest to this wicked acts of the Fulani fully supported by Buhari government of APC at the various government level. There is a report from a tribe in Gombe state that the highest local community Chief just died and the Fulani governor of Gombe state has already nominated a Fulani person as the new chief for the the community without regard to the community practices in the past.

These chiefdom replacement by the Fulani governors of northern Nigeria has been going on for some time now without adequate protestation from the communities concerned. Could it be that whoever wants to complaint or protest has been silently eliminated.

The southern states of Nigeria governors and the people had better be on the watch for the happenings in the northern Nigeria. The American and British government and people are better informed about Nigeria than the Nigerians themselves hence the asylum doors were kept open.

Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom. The Fulani tribe is not African and they are out for evils.
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by Jefferic(m): 2:33pm On Apr 21, 2021
Barbsamiin:
No congestion or traffic wahala, unlike old capital.
Boko Boys don kill everybody finish. You know see say nah only animals remain for dia Zoo
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by olisaEze(m): 2:42pm On Apr 21, 2021
internationalman:

What has this topic got to do with South Africa or ur village?

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by KangaIye: 2:43pm On Apr 21, 2021
This has always been a city I have always love to visit in the Norther part of Nigeria.

My to visit Northern city are...
1. Jos
2. Kaduna
3. Maiduguri
4. Kano
5. Sokoto
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by porthouse7(f): 3:11pm On Apr 21, 2021
going to Maiduguri is like a suicide mission
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by snoopz: 3:44pm On Apr 21, 2021
how. can you post these pictures and be alive?
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by IronGalaxy: 3:52pm On Apr 21, 2021
internationalman:
"ordinary South Africa"? Don't think you have an idea how miles advanced SA is to Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by IronGalaxy: 3:55pm On Apr 21, 2021
mofedamijo:

That is a lie, stop it. I have travelled the length and breath of South Africa/Southern Africa. There is no village in South Africa better than Nigerian cities. I repeat, non.
Lol, actually he's spot on...
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by Imsoblessed: 3:58pm On Apr 21, 2021
what is this
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by Kcitytv: 4:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
snoopz:
how. can you post these pictures and be alive?
You are funny bro , am good here maid is a city I will always visit . Maiduguri is filled with different people from different states of the federation . if it not the insecurity issue trust me it one of the best place to live and do business ,because of those border
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by mofedamijo(m): 4:15pm On Apr 21, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Lol, actually he's spot on...

Spot on how? Have you visited some villages in Cape, Limpopo? Trust me, this is a big fat lie.
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by 9jaRealist: 4:27pm On Apr 21, 2021
Kcitytv:

Should be THANKFUL to the media then...
Because, quite frankly, this sadly looks very MEDIOCRE!

>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Turkey Plane Splits Into 3 Parts After Skidding Off Runway, Kills 3, Injures 179 / Alfa Ekele, Nigerian Aviation Student Dies In Plane Crash At US Airport (Photo) / Dr. Patience Tsavnande Dies In Accident In Benue [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.