Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:27 AM

Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) (52482 Views)

Update On Awka Millennium City (photos) / Access Road To Awka Millennium City(photos) / The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by IronGalaxy: 10:01pm On Apr 21, 2021
TMKsouth:

The universities are the worst. I'll give it to them, Abuja is their only city that actually impresses me, but it's small. Eko Atlantic will never get off the ground - just 3 buildings in 20 years. I saw Enugu and the greenery a few days ago and I liked that too. Everything else always disappoints.
What's up with Eko grand grand? what's slowing the progress..? I always see those two towers and it's been a while. Qatar has built "Lusail', a new city in this period and it's gonna host a world cup final. I hope Ramaphosa's Lanseria city won't take this long

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by IronGalaxy: 10:02pm On Apr 21, 2021
TMKsouth:

Isn't Maiduguri in an arid desert-like place? It's possible.
But all the videos I see are always dusty grin
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by mofedamijo(m): 10:06pm On Apr 21, 2021
IronGalaxy:
I firmly stand on my earlier assertions. good night

Goodnight buddy...
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by TMKsouth: 10:08pm On Apr 21, 2021
IronGalaxy:
What's up with Eko grand grand? what's slowing the progress..? I always see those two towers and it's been a while. Qatar has built "Lusail', a new city in this period and it's gonna host a world cup final. I hope Ramaphosa's Lanseria city won't take this long

Lol grin grin, aketsebe what's up with Eko, eintlek. Half of Sandton was built in the time those two towers were standing there. Akere they were reclaiming the sea so I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Mara I think there's a lack of investment.

Lanseria and all others will definitely be built, there's a track record - just look at Midrand or Umhlanga.

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by mofedamijo(m): 10:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
TMKsouth:

But the OP should have put the best Maiduguri had to offer if he was gonna boast about the city here. I can't put up Alex and Hillbrow here to brag about Joburg.

Anyway, what's your background dude, u know stuff bout my city cheesy

The op is probably high on some bombs.

Just a dude who loves to travel. Enjoying South Africa while am planning my next move. Been a fan of Southie since I was 8, fascinated the idea of living here and enjoying the cultures.

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by IronGalaxy: 10:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
TMKsouth:

Lol grin grin, aketsebe what's up with Eko eintlek. Half of Sandton was built in the time those two towers were standing there. Akere they were reclaiming the sea so I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Mara I think there's a lack of investment.

Lanseria and all others will definitely be built, there's a track record - just look at Midrand or Umhlanga.
the regime was different,I don't trust the likes of Magashule, they'll see this project as a cash cow
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by TMKsouth: 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2021
IronGalaxy:
But all the videos I see are always dusty grin

Deliberate deforestation and lack of beautification. Nigerian cities lack landscaping, I don't know why their town planners and municipalities get paid, they don't do much. Anyway, I'm not in the bashing mood today, I'm trying to be polite and generous, so lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by IronGalaxy: 10:13pm On Apr 21, 2021
TMKsouth:

Deliberate deforestation and lack of beautification. Nigerian cities lack landscaping, I don't know why their town planners and municipalities get paid, they don't do much. Anyway, I'm not in the bashing mood today, I'm trying to be polite and generous, so lipsrsealed
Ja let's zip it cool

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by TMKsouth: 10:16pm On Apr 21, 2021
IronGalaxy:
the regime was different,I don't trust the likes of Magashule, they'll see this project as a cash cow

Best way to ensure this doesn't happen is to vote the ANC out. I never miss a chance to vote. Do you vote IG? grin The local elections are on October 27 - it was announced today.
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by Akinola100: 10:16pm On Apr 21, 2021
[quote author=TMKsouth post=101004545]
Don't be fooled by video clips. There's more

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by TMKsouth: 10:16pm On Apr 21, 2021
IronGalaxy:

Check this...

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by mofedamijo(m): 10:20pm On Apr 21, 2021
TMKsouth:

But the OP should have put the best Maiduguri had to offer if he was gonna boast about the city here. I can't put up Alex and Hillbrow here to brag about Joburg.

Anyway, what's your background dude, u know stuff bout my city cheesy

So tell me, which part of Mzanzi are you based? Might visit your city someday.
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by TMKsouth: 10:20pm On Apr 21, 2021
mofedamijo:

The op is probably high on some bombs.

Just a dude who loves to travel. Enjoying South Africa while am planning my next move. Been a fan of Southie since I was 8, fascinated the idea of living here and enjoying the cultures.

That's cool. Are you still a fan after living here or is the anti-Nigerian thing too much for u? But that depends on your location in SA right? It's bad in Jhb Cbd.
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by IronGalaxy: 10:20pm On Apr 21, 2021
TMKsouth:

Best way to ensure this doesn't happen is to vote the ANC out. I never miss a chance to vote. Do you vote IG? grin The local elections are on October 27 - it was announced today.
ke eng ekare you don't trust me TMK? ;Lol, you ask if I vote and you put this( grin)...yes I do vote ha ha ha

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by IronGalaxy: 10:21pm On Apr 21, 2021
TMKsouth:

Check this...
You know what? many people are sold with Mashaba and I'm one of them, probably the sanest politician we have right now

2 Likes

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by TMKsouth: 10:23pm On Apr 21, 2021
mofedamijo:

So tell me, which part of Mzanzi are you based? Might visit your city someday.

I'm in the Vaal but consider Joburg to be my real home. Studied and worked there for over a decade. I'm in Joburg a lot though. Where are u based?
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by mofedamijo(m): 10:26pm On Apr 21, 2021
TMKsouth:

I'm in the Vaal but consider Joburg to be my real home. Studied and worked there for over a decade. I'm in Joburg a lot though. Where are u based?

Ohh okay, thats about 50 mins to joburg. I travel back and forth. Vut when in S.A,i am in Nelspruit, Louis Trichardt or Joburg.
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by TMKsouth: 10:29pm On Apr 21, 2021
IronGalaxy:
ke eng ekare you don't trust me TMK? ;Lol, you ask if I vote and you put this( grin)...yes I do vote ha ha ha

I know you youngsters don't like to vote - that's why I laughed. Like I'm cornering you now with politics.

I'm always party hopping and this year it's the year of ActionSA for me, so it looks like you and I are in the same party at the moment cool. I've done Agang, Cope, DA and even ANC in Mbeki's day.
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by mofedamijo(m): 10:31pm On Apr 21, 2021
TMKsouth:

That's cool. Are you still a fan after living here or is the anti-Nigerian thing too much for u? But that depends on your location in SA right? It's bad in Jhb Cbd.

I am still a fan, sometimes my heart bleeds whenever I am around the CBD, not necessarily because of anti-Nigerian thing, but because the CBD is fast losing its beauty. Marshalltown of 2000 vs today is a concern for me.

I love the smaller cities and towns, they tend to be safer, cleaner and easy access to sporting activities. Everyone is like a family in the smaller towns.

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by 1Dray(m): 10:32pm On Apr 21, 2021
AbujaBlue:
Is someone in the zoo charged with living up litter?

Feel sorry for that elephant.

If you will enter the zoo, you'll feel sorry for all the animals, especially the lions, starved.
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by IronGalaxy: 10:33pm On Apr 21, 2021
TMKsouth:

I know you youngsters don't like to vote - that's why I laughed. Like I'm cornering you now with politics.

I'm always party hopping and this year it's the year of ActionSA for me, so it looks like you and I are in the same party at the moment cool. I've done Agang, Cope, DA and even ANC in Mbeki's day.
Did you say youngster? shocked shocked shocked yoh yoh ke groot my bra, maybe my playful nature gives off a youthful vibe but hey ihambile iminyaka

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by TMKsouth: 10:35pm On Apr 21, 2021
mofedamijo:

Ohh okay, thats about 50 mins to joburg. I travel back and forth. Vut when in S.A,i am in Nelspruit, Louis Trichardt or Joburg.

Yeah, I'm in the south of Gauteng. Wow, there are Nigerians in Mpumalanga and Limpopo? I thought u guys just did GP, WC and KZN. Or are u a doctor in a govt hospital?
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by mofedamijo(m): 10:38pm On Apr 21, 2021
TMKsouth:

Yeah, I'm in the south of Gauteng. Wow, there are Nigerians in Mpumalanga and Limpopo? I thought u guys just did GP, WC and KZN. Or are u a doctor in a govt hospital?

No, we have some Nigerians in the smaller cities too. I am a freelancer, researcher, and I own a small recruitment agency.
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by TMKsouth: 10:41pm On Apr 21, 2021
mofedamijo:

I am still a fan, sometimes my heart bleeds whenever I am around the CBD, not necessarily because of anti-Nigerian thing, but because the CBD is fast losing its beauty. Marshalltown of 2000 vs today is a concern for me.

I love the smaller cities and towns, they tend to be safer, cleaner and easy access to sporting activities. Everyone is like a family in the smaller towns.

Marshalltown around Ghandhi Square is being transformed though, it's looking very nice these days. But most parts of the CBD suck though, even the ones that were refurbished are deteriorating again. Its the overpopulation that's to blame.

Yeah, the small town environment is cool to a limit for me, that's why I always escape to Joburg to rejuvenate, ironically (most people do the opposite, lol cheesy).
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by TMKsouth: 10:43pm On Apr 21, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Did you say youngster? shocked shocked shocked yoh yoh ke groot my bra, maybe my playing nature gives off a youthful vibe but hey ihambile iminyaka

Lol grin grin, aren't you in the same age group as JaceBlace - he's in his early 20s I think (confirmed grin). I'm in my mid 30s now.
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by IronGalaxy: 10:47pm On Apr 21, 2021
TMKsouth:

Lol grin grin, aren't you in the same age group as JaceBlace - he's in his early 20s I think (confirmed grin). I'm in my mid 30s now.
Mid 30's too
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by TMKsouth: 10:49pm On Apr 21, 2021
mofedamijo:

No, we have some Nigerians in the smaller cities too. I am a freelancer, researcher, and I own a small recruitment agency.

Hmmm, fancy meeting you here in the travel section cool. Cool jobs, freelancing can be tough though depending on the industry, I'm in the media industry (it's tough there) - so I dabble in politics as well.

I'm sure we'll meet around, this is my favourite section of NL.
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by TMKsouth: 10:53pm On Apr 21, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Mid 30's too

No wonder we get along so well, kanti re di thaka. Cool8)
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by TMKsouth: 10:54pm On Apr 21, 2021
IronGalaxy:
You know what? many people are sold with Mashaba and I'm one of them, probably the sanest politician we have right now

I'm definitely voting for him.
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by mofedamijo(m): 10:59pm On Apr 21, 2021
TMKsouth:

Marshalltown around Ghandhi Square is being transformed though, it's looking very nice these days. But most parts of the CBD suck though, even the ones that were refurbished are deteriorating again. Its the overpopulation that's to blame.

Yeah, the small town environment is cool to a limit for me, that's why I always escape to Joburg to rejuvenate, ironically (most people do the opposite, lol cheesy).

Yes, thats true about the CBD.
Lol.... I agree, most people prefer the big cities. But i love the smaller cities. Like here in Louis, I have access to outdoor sporting facilities without breaking a sweat. Zero racism, and everyone seems friendly. But yea, sometimes, I crave the big cities too.

Buthi, Joburg is a country on its own.....

Due to activities, i miss watching Uzalo and Generations, but my fav was Isidingo. Damnnnnnnnnnn My blood is Mzansi oooo. Wish they could bring back Isidingo.
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by mofedamijo(m): 11:01pm On Apr 21, 2021
TMKsouth:

Hmmm, fancy meeting you here in the travel section cool. Cool jobs, freelancing can be tough though depending on the industry, I'm in the media industry (it's tough there) - so I dabble in politics as well.

I'm sure we'll meet around, this is my favourite section of NL.

Freelancing is tough bro..... Oh thats great, i enjoy reading about the media, nice sector. Politics, well maybe you will be the next Mayor someday. Nice meeting you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Carpenter Who Fled Nigeria To Libya: ‘I Don See Death Face To Face’ Photos / Deceased Stowaway Discovered On KLM Flight From Lagos (photo) / Flight That Took Off In 2017 And Landed In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.