Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,118 members, 7,953,440 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:17 PM

Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) (52474 Views)

Update On Awka Millennium City (photos) / Access Road To Awka Millennium City(photos) / The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by IronGalaxy: 5:37pm On Apr 21, 2021
mofedamijo:

Spot on how? Have you visited some villages in Cape, Limpopo? Trust me, this is a big fat lie.
I'm South African I should know. judging from the cities I keep seeing here, some of our villages actually do look better than some of your cities.

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by Arkmanbuddy(m): 5:37pm On Apr 21, 2021
Barbsamiin:
No congestion or traffic wahala, unlike old capital.

Carry your kaya commot Lagos na... grin grin
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by adecz: 5:47pm On Apr 21, 2021
See fine roads devoid of
human beings.

Fear no allow people comot
from house.

Even the normal almajiri, cows
& goats common on northern streets
are afraid of coming out in Maiduguri.

Afraid no go allow me visit or stay in
this type of ghost town..

Tufiakwa!! shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by Hogan17: 6:15pm On Apr 21, 2021
Lordave:
See Wetin this one take dey make mouth?

With all the Billions the state has been receiving from the Federal Government, USA, United Nations, EU, UK, China, Germany and even France since 2010 till today all you can show for it is this?

If una dey and una never find one shame shame una ancestors body no go gree una relax.

Nonsense!
I tell u
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by PAQ(m): 6:28pm On Apr 21, 2021
Its been more than 30yrs since i left Maiduguri, i attended Maiduguri International Primary School (MIPSET). Dont know if the school still exist today. I lived near Lake Chad club.

Maiduguri then was a beautiful state(i believe it still should be), i remember going to Leventis supermarket and swimming at Mai Deribai hotel. The state was filled with foreigners living their normal lives like every Nigerian.

Its a shame 90s children did not grow up to see how Nigeria was. We where almost there as a nation, before thieves and unpatriotic people destroyed this country.

Now, from North to South we are a shadow of a shadow of ourselves.
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by Richthekid: 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2021
Oh
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by mofedamijo(m): 7:24pm On Apr 21, 2021
IronGalaxy:
I'm South African I should know. judging from the cities I keep seeing here, some of our villages actually do look better than some of your cities.

Lol.... You want to compare a village in Venda to Asokoro, Maitama, Banana Island, Ikoyi, Victoria Island?? Come on man. I am presently in South Africa. Don't get me wrong, Southie is beautiful, however, don't compare Southie villages to cities in Nigeria.

Haibo, comparing a South African village to Nigerian city is just plain ignorance.

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by IronGalaxy: 7:31pm On Apr 21, 2021
mofedamijo:

Lol.... You want to compare a village in Venda to Asokoro, Maitama, Banana Island, Ikoyi, Victoria Island?? Come on man. I am presently in South Africa. Don't get me wrong, Southie is beautiful, however, don't compare Southie villages to cities in Nigeria.

Haibo, comparing a South African village to Nigerian city is just plain ignorance.
Read my comment again and come back to me. You are emotional
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by orlaglobal234: 7:41pm On Apr 21, 2021
��� they construct road for keke napep and okada as boko Haram pursued better people with their motor out of the state so keke napep take over
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by mofedamijo(m): 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Read my comment again and come back to me. You are emotional

There is nothing to be emotional about. My point is simple. No village in S.A compares to cities in Nigeria. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by GeorgeTheCoder: 7:50pm On Apr 21, 2021
Incognito403:

War ravaged city that is far more beautiful than any SE capital

Sense is far from you. Enjoy Maiduguri, greet Shekau for us

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by GeorgeTheCoder: 7:50pm On Apr 21, 2021
SmartyPants:

He's trying to correct people like you who think the entirety of Borbor is a war zone

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by IronGalaxy: 7:51pm On Apr 21, 2021
mofedamijo:

There is nothing to be emotional about. My point is simple. No village in S.A compares to cities in Nigeria. Enjoy the rest of your evening.
I said SOME of our villages look better than SOME of your cities i.e Maiduguri. FACTS! enjoys yours too cool

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by Makemoneywithme: 9:03pm On Apr 21, 2021
Borno is peaceful and calm , half of the population in Lagos should relocate to borno so as to decongest that town abeg . We need fresh air here in Lagos.
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by TMKsouth: 9:16pm On Apr 21, 2021
mofedamijo:

Elim Village, South Africa

Better than Maiduguri

cc IronGalaxy

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by IronGalaxy: 9:20pm On Apr 21, 2021
TMKsouth:

Better than Maiduguri

cc IronGalaxy
Exactly what I mean! now look at how untidy Maiduguri is
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by TMKsouth: 9:23pm On Apr 21, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Exactly what I mean! now look at how untidy Maiduguri is

The villages in Western Cape are spectacular! Elim is just one of many. I didn't bother looking at Maiduguri, I know it's gonna be a disappointment.

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by mofedamijo(m): 9:26pm On Apr 21, 2021
TMKsouth:

Better than Maiduguri

cc IronGalaxy

Maiduguri is a war torn city at the moment. But prior to the war, Maiduguri is better than Elim. I have lived in Maiduguri before. I am presently in Makhado, and I visit Elim.

There is more to Maiduguri than the video you saw.

I am in a better position to dispute your claims. You have no idea what Maiduguri looks like.

Maiduguri houses one of the most expensive houses in the world. It has an Airport, which Elim certainly doesn't have, it has a University, a club house, golf course and great hotels. All these are absent in Elim. Don't let the video fool you buddy.

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by Kcitytv: 9:27pm On Apr 21, 2021
TMKsouth:

The villages in Western Cape are spectacular! Elim is just one of many. I didn't bother looking at Maiduguri, I know it's gonna be a disappointment.
And you think that all this small structure is beautiful than Maiduguri ? ,
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by Kcitytv: 9:30pm On Apr 21, 2021
mofedamijo:

Maiduguri is a war torn city at the moment. But prior to the war, Maiduguri is better than Elim. I have lived in Maiduguri before. I am presently in Makhado, and I visit Elim.

I am in a better position to dispute your claims. You have no idea what Maiduguri looks like.
God bless and don't know how he just came into conclusion that that village is better ,
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by TMKsouth: 9:30pm On Apr 21, 2021
Kcitytv:
And you think that all this small structure is beautiful than Maiduguri ? ,

Maiduguri might be bigger but South African villages are more beautiful and organised.

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by TMKsouth: 9:32pm On Apr 21, 2021
mofedamijo:

The fact Maiduguri is being compared to a village is an indictment on Maiduguri.

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by Kcitytv: 9:33pm On Apr 21, 2021
TMKsouth:

Maiduguri might be bigger but South African villages are more beautiful and organised.
You can't compare it , I don't know how you guy see Nigerian, forget about the media and use other means to view Nigeria
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by mofedamijo(m): 9:35pm On Apr 21, 2021
TMKsouth:

The fact Maiduguri is being compared to a village is an indictment on Maiduguri.

Don't judge a city by one video clip, i can take a video of Hillbrow or somewhere in Alexandra or Tembisa, however, does that mean the whole of Gauteng is like that?.

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by TMKsouth: 9:41pm On Apr 21, 2021
Kcitytv:
You can't compare it , I don't know how you guy see Nigerian, forget about the media and use other means to view Nigeria

Will take a look at it, I have nothing against Maiduguri, was just backing my homeboi who was being mistreated and my country disrespected on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by SmartyPants(m): 9:45pm On Apr 21, 2021
GeorgeTheCoder:

lol.

Anyone can claim to have sense and accuse another of not having it.

Your ignorance betrays you.
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by TMKsouth: 9:45pm On Apr 21, 2021
mofedamijo:

Don't judge a city by one video clip, i can take a video of Hillbrow or somewhere in Alexandra or Tembisa, however, does that mean the whole of Gauteng is like that?.

But the OP should have put the best Maiduguri had to offer if he was gonna boast about the city here. I can't put up Alex and Hillbrow here to brag about Joburg.

Anyway, what's your background dude, u know stuff bout my city cheesy

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by IronGalaxy: 9:47pm On Apr 21, 2021
mofedamijo:

Maiduguri houses one of the most expensive houses in the world. It has an Airport, which Elim certainly doesn't have, it has a University, a club house, golf course and great hotels. All these are absent in Elim. Don't let the video fool you buddy.
I firmly stand on my earlier assertions. good night
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by IronGalaxy: 9:48pm On Apr 21, 2021
TMKsouth:

But the OP should have put the best Maiduguri had to offer if he was gonna boast about the city here. I can't put up Alex and Hillbrow here to brag about Joburg.

Anyway, what's your background dude, u know stuff bout my city cheesy
Exactly! all the videos I see of Nigerian cities/places are subpar to be honest
Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by IronGalaxy: 9:51pm On Apr 21, 2021
TMKsouth:

Not to mention greener, Nigeria's dusty asf!

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by TMKsouth: 9:56pm On Apr 21, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Exactly! all the videos I see of Nigerian cities/places are subpar to be honest

The universities are the worst. I'll give it to them, Abuja is their only city that actually impresses me, but it's small. Eko Atlantic will never get off the ground - just 3 buildings in 20 years. I saw Enugu and the greenery a few days ago and I liked that too. Everything else always disappoints.

1 Like

Re: Maiduguri The Media Will Never Show You: A Tour Of The City (Photos, Video) by TMKsouth: 9:57pm On Apr 21, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Not to mention greener, Nigeria's dusty asf!

Isn't Maiduguri in an arid desert-like place? It's possible.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Present Condition Of Port Harcourt Zoo: Pictures & Video / Deceased Stowaway Discovered On KLM Flight From Lagos (photo) / Carpenter Who Fled Nigeria To Libya: ‘I Don See Death Face To Face’ Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.