Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? (27525 Views)

Penjamin Franklin: I Refused My Female Boss Sex & She Sacked Me / 300 Mine Workers Spend 1 Week Underground To Protest Against Boss Who Loves Sex / See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by jaxxy(m): 10:03pm On Mar 10, 2021
Pochettino:
Male abeg. We women are wicked in authority.

Thank God a woman said this. Most of the female bosses I’ve worked with were difficult and almost lost my patience several times bt I guess that’s also how I improve on my being patient skills while on the verge of cussing out. Lol

How i dealt with difficult female bosses was to toast them or flatter them. Women are so insecure sometimes they need sm1 to say nice things to them. There was a feared boss I got so close with everybody even my colleagues and her colleagues were wondering what was going on. She never gets mad at me, even when she’s upset it disappears in minutes and I even started wondering what was going on. Definitely not Smtn fishy grin

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by CodeTemplar: 10:10pm On Mar 10, 2021
Wealthyone:
It depends on individuality and personality. I had work with both and i can tell you the best wasn't chosen based on gender.

Female tend to have more competence and more skilled.
Men take the work less serious and a bit lackadaisical.

The bottom line in personality. Forget the hate for women online.
You missed it. Female bosses have that consciousness of a weak gender in all they do and end up putting useless aggression into all the do.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Janet200: 10:14pm On Mar 10, 2021
Make boss, female boss makes their employee life a living hell. All the female boss I have worked with acts crazy, the worst is the female manager of the bank I worked.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by udemzyudex(m): 10:21pm On Mar 10, 2021
pocohantas:

It is not about not being used to it, it is more about the fact that you have to perform twice as hard to prove your competence. A man is already assumed to be competent just by being a man with a penis, a woman would have to prove it. I got posted to my team and the first thing my boss said was he told them he didn’t want sisi eko, he already assumed I am dumb blonde. So a guy would have been a better assistant to him on sight. He started asking me silly questions and even asked my score in training, like I just finished, lol. I told him and he said it is a lie, I told him him to call HR. Of course he wouldn’t dare do that as my organization has a strong policy on gender discrimination.

I have seen a team crumble under a soft female boss because she was scared of exerting her authority, last last it was her assistant (a man) that was running the team and she was there smiling, forming mummy for same people that were finishing her at her back. Before I used to care o, now I will put pressure on you, you won’t kill my career and KPI because I have vagina. You must give me the output I want.

Funny analogy.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by seangy4konji: 10:24pm On Mar 10, 2021
Queenmark:
Well you work with some men and they can be nasty. When a guy is nasty and rude it is a bad experience.

For women it is nagging constant nagging that can give you serious headache.

Just pray for a nice boss.
this one deh disguise.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by seangy4konji: 10:26pm On Mar 10, 2021
Even Satan self will run away after a week from female bosses..

I really don't know whatgoes through their mind when they have small authority or cash...

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:30pm On Mar 10, 2021
PeaceIlya:
This has nothing to do with gender. Character is where the problem is.
Big lie women r worst

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by udemzyudex(m): 10:31pm On Mar 10, 2021
toprealman:
Female bosses are much easier to deal with if you know what you are doing and got a bit of balls to stand your ground.
Many years back as an IT student, Oga madam tried shii with yours truly, I left the facility and never returned.

Well I don't know if it is just luck or the way I do my thing, all the boss I've worked with are nice, they can act the way they want with others but with me it is always different, probably its because of the way I do my thing.

I'll make you value me, I'm a skilled person, i improve myself and learn more skills to help more at the place work, that way it will be very difficult for you to just act push me around.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by emmyN(m): 10:35pm On Mar 10, 2021
frozen70:

It's more easier working with a male boss especially if the man is a complete gentle man

He will treat you like his own so far you will respect yourself and behave well

Female boss, the problem with this set of people is that they already knows what you are up to and trust women, they will never give you that chance because they know every game

Are you a shady person?

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by afroxyz: 10:35pm On Mar 10, 2021
pocohantas:

Men are actually subjective, way more subjective than women. If you see WhatsApp chats of my colleagues complaining of my boss, sometimes they just dismiss his attitude or even try to blame it on his wife (she is probably not giving him peace).

I bet if a woman does a tenth of what my boss does, or say the things he says- omo, them for done create like 10 threads for her matter and blame it on her vagina.

That is why I don’t take shit from my interns, before I used to walk on eggshells, lest they will say “female boss”. They almost wan put hand for my eye. They will be in the official group where I am and be exchanging words, no fear o, something they can NEVER try with my boss. It was even a guy that told me to clip their wings fast before I become the subordinate. I immediately changed tactics and under 1 week they reported to my boss that I hate them. I was just laughing

You have just exemplified the insecurity of female bosses.

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Kokaine(m): 10:41pm On Mar 10, 2021
PeaceIlya:
This has nothing to do with gender. Character is where the problem is.
exactly.

the overall head of my organization is a male, and his next in command is female. everyone hates the man and wishes the woman was the head. if you are sick, she will send you her personal money for treatment. different from office contribution. if you travel, even if everyone forgets, she will call to find out if you've arrived safely. she's so nice.

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Kokaine(m): 10:43pm On Mar 10, 2021
ITbomb:
Women are not good with power
They are always insecure and want everyone to bow to them.
They go extra length to show that they are in charge
you can say the women in your family are like that but don't make such a blanket statement by saying women
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by pocohantas(f): 10:45pm On Mar 10, 2021
afroxyz:

You have just exemplified the insecurity of female bosses.

You might have to say something new that I haven’t heard.

Sterope:
That driving one takes the cake. Every single time I have heard that thrash talk except for that one time, the drivers have been proven wrong, it doesn't change their conclusion though. The bad driver is still driving like a woman.

Lol. That is why whenever they drive that nonsense around me, I give them the “you are stoopid” sign, then I zoom off. One chased me once, I slowed down, this time I took my glass down and repeated it. He should go and die. grin
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 10, 2021
thatigboman:
if u are a man, it is easier to work with a female boss and if u are a woman, it is easier to work with a male boss.
Opposites attract.
Yes but generally man to man you can work better with a male boss.

If you gat personal issues he can understand based on family man

You can even get as close as hanging out for drinks etc

You can tell your male boss about a new approach to doing things and he would be polite with you.

Man to female, you can't even ask your boss out for hangout

Their are personal stuffs you can't express because she may not want to hear such

There is always that sense of freedom of expression with a male boss because you can always tell the level playing field to meet up

Either he is a football fan, politics, ladies man, smoker, drinker, family man etc can bring you closer outside work

Most women outside work no pass gossip, hair, clothes, so as a man you can't connect and as a woman you don't want your boss to see you as competing with her or she wouldn't want to be "gossiping with an employee"
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by mployer(m): 10:47pm On Mar 10, 2021
pocohantas:

Maybe those women don’t want to work, but if you want to show you know your worth and have men give you your way, you must have proved beyond reasonable doubt that you know your job. They will be watching you and on a good day they will give you a backhanded compliment. grin

Of course they are getting paid. If we fail, they will still say we failed because a woman is supervising them. So I choose the hard way.

No boss gets result without being strict, male or female.
There is a difference between being strict and being mean. Employees understand when a boss is displaying any of that. You can be strict and still loved by your subordinates because they know you are just doing your job.
But the moment a boss becomes mean, wicked, manipulative, abusive, unsympathetic and a bully, it is a different level. Most female bosses are in this category.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by pocohantas(f): 10:50pm On Mar 10, 2021
mployer:

No boss gets result without being strict, wether male or female.
There is a difference between being strict and being mean, employees understand when a boss is displaying any of that. You can be strict and still loved by your subordinates because they know you are just doing your job.
But the moment a boss becomes mean, wicked, manipulative, abusive, unsympathetic and a bully, it is a different level. Most female bosses are in this category.

Very true, that is why most head of organizations/units/businesses are men and the average Nigerian workplace is toxic as fck.

Even the leaders making Nigeria a living hell are men. Buhari that is giving bandits stipends is a man. SARS that shoots people are men. LASTMA nko? Or army officials.

But let’s forget about that and focus on women. It is women that can’t handle power. grin

What next o?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kokaine:
exactly.

the overall head of my organization is a male, and his next in command is female. everyone hates the man and wishes the woman was the head. if you are sick, she will send you her personal money for treatment. different from office contribution. if you travel, even if everyone forgets, she will call to find out if you've arrived safely. she's so nice.
That your female boss might just be doing eye service just to gain the affection of you guys

Your male boss that is just normal without maltreating staffs would become the bad one since he isn't doing giveaways

I have seen them before, once they get their aim it's bye bye
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by thatigboman: 10:56pm On Mar 10, 2021
Mikecold:
Yes but generally man to man you can work better with a male boss.

If you gat personal issues he can understand based on family man

You can even get as close as hanging out for drinks etc

You can tell your male boss about a new approach to doing things and he would be polite with you.

Man to female, you can't even ask your boss out for hangout

Their are personal stuffs you can't express because she may not want to hear such

There is always that sense of freedom of expression with a male boss because you can always tell the level playing field to meet up

Either he is a football fan, politics, ladies man, smoker, drinker, family man etc can bring you closer outside work

Most women outside work no pass gossip, hair, clothes, so as a man you can't connect and as a woman you don't want your boss to see you as competing with her or she wouldn't want to be "gossiping with an employee"
while all you are saying is, i maintain, opposites attract.
Men bosses are always hard on male employees.
If u are a man, even if u have a male boss and u go out and drink and all that. When u come come to the office the following day, if u see how the man will shout at u and tell u "come anything outside office is outside office" and a lady walks in, his deminour will change" hello my douģhter, how are u?" U sef will say, na wa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by thatigboman: 10:58pm On Mar 10, 2021
mployer:

No boss gets result without being strict, male or female.

There is a difference between being strict and being mean. Employees understand when a boss is displaying any of that. You can be strict and still loved by your subordinates because they know you are just doing your job.
at d bolded, na lie u lie big time
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by thatigboman: 10:59pm On Mar 10, 2021
pocohantas:

Very true, that is why most head of organizations/units/businesses are men and the average Nigerian workplace is toxic as fck.

Even the leaders making Nigeria a living hell are men. Buhari that is giving bandits stipends is a man. SARS that shoots people are men. LASTMA nko? Or army officials.

But let’s forget about that and focus on women. It is women that can’t handle power. grin

What next o?
i quoted u and said my mind, u chose to ignore me. All good and fine
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by pocohantas(f): 11:00pm On Mar 10, 2021
thatigboman:
i quoted u and said my mind, u chose to ignore me. All good and fine

I have never encountered this user. You must be mistaking me for someone else.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by KingMack(m): 11:01pm On Mar 10, 2021
I get along well with my boss wife and he gets jealous not knowing he's very arrogant
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 10, 2021
thatigboman:
while all you are saying is, i maintain, opposites attract.
Men bosses are always hard on male employees.
If u are a man, even if u have a male boss and u go out and drink and all that. When u come come to the office the following day, if u see how the man will shout at u and tell u "come anything outside office is outside office" and a lady walks in, his deminour will change" hello my douģhter, how are u?" U sef will say, na wa
Dude i am talking from experience.

It's all about the male employee kind of maturity, naturally men have soft deminour for women.

But if you as a male employee know yourself you won't have problem with a male boss.

If you hang out for a drink or two this is where you would both download the human aspects of yourselves.

It's not to drink to stupor, he would know how you feel at work, your constraints as a person.

Why you do certain things maybe because you managing health etc

He would even tell you about his issues as a boss

Dem no born am to still dey disturb you except you taking things for granted

Las Las it doesn't mean you should be taking your job at work for granted, you still put in your best
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by toprealman: 11:37pm On Mar 10, 2021
udemzyudex:

Well I don't know if it is just luck or the way I do my thing, all the boss I've worked with are nice, they can act the way they want with others but with me it is always different, probably its because of the way I do my thing.

I'll make you value me, I'm a skilled person, i improve myself and learn more skills to help more at the place work, that way it will be very difficult for you to just act push me around.
Great stuff
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by iHustle(m): 11:47pm On Mar 10, 2021
Climbing the career ladder demands the embodiment and utilization of more masculine traits than feminine traits. Only very few women can do this without sacrificing their feminity.

For the majority of women who cannot maintain a balance, as they rise in their careers, they become more masculine and lose their precious feminity in the process. And because they weren't wired to be men, they become bad versions of men and poor versions of women at the same time. It is this kind of women that turn out to be bad bosses.

Since they outnumber the exceptional female bosses (the ones who can balance masculinity and feminity), it is not surprising that so many people have had bitter experiences with female bosses.

On the other hand, owing to their biology, men find it easier to be effective leaders.

I've observed these phenomena with an open mind, and I've seen it play out over and over again.

3 Likes

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Sterope(f): 11:49pm On Mar 10, 2021
Loooool cheesy
pocohantas:

You might have to say something new that I haven’t heard.

Lol. That is why whenever they drive that nonsense around me, I give them the “you are stoopid” sign, then I zoom off. One chased me once, I slowed down, this time I took my glass down and repeated it. He should go and die. grin
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Sixfeetbelle: 12:00am On Mar 11, 2021
Sterope:
They overdo it just like those terrible male bosses. When you think you are not supposed to be surbodinate to your boss at work because you possess a penis, you will have issues with her authority.

Exactly. They "look" at their prospective superiors before deciding the amount of respect to give them, especially if she's a woman. Those misogynistic bunch of bias males are the worst set of surbodinates any woman would wish to supervise.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by IgboWarlord(m): 12:03am On Mar 11, 2021
ɬɧɛ ɠɛŋɖɛཞ ɖơɛʂŋɬ ɱąɬɬɛཞ..ıɬ ąƖƖ ɖɛ℘ɛŋɖʂ ơŋ ɬɧɛ Ɩɛ۷ɛƖ ơʄ ųŋɖɛཞʂɬąŋɖıŋɠ ơʄ ɬɧɛ ცơʂʂ..
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Sixfeetbelle: 12:04am On Mar 11, 2021
jaxxy:

Thank God a woman said this. Most of the female bosses I’ve worked with were difficult and almost lost my patience several times bt I guess that’s also how I improve on my being patient skills while on the verge of cussing out. Lol

How i dealt with difficult female bosses was to toast them or flatter them. Women are so insecure sometimes they need sm1 to say nice things to them. There was a feared boss I got so close with everybody even my colleagues and her colleagues were wondering what was going on. She never gets mad at me, even when she’s upset it disappears in minutes and I even started wondering what was going on. Definitely not Smtn fishy grin

Pochettin is a guy. Don't let the pink f fool you. He's doing that for likes and indirectly insulting women at the same time.

You sef, check am
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Sixfeetbelle: 12:18am On Mar 11, 2021
udemzyudex:

Funny analogy.

You'll see it as a funny analogy because you're not a female and haven't been put in that position before. I have and I tell you it's 100% true. Men are automatically given respect in an organizational setting. Women, on the otherhand, work for it.

My own was secondary school students. I hardly flog them cause I didn't see the need so I often tried to plead with them as per peacemaker I was. Perhaps sensing I was a woman and perceived weak, they flew off the lid and one day I just sparked. Punished them for close to one hour. Cries and pleas fell on deaf ears that day. I was even more angry when I finally released them. The next day, I was shocked by the reports the headteacher got from the students. Apparently, in my anger, I had called them names and promised worse punishments should they undermine my authority again. Till I left, I didn't punish them like that again.

This one is children ooh. Now imagine what would have happened had it been I was dealing with grown adults.

People undermine your authority more if you're a woman. Some misogynist are at the forefront of this. So unless you turn a 'dictator', you'd lose control of your ship before it even sails.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by thatigboman: 12:28am On Mar 11, 2021
pocohantas:

I have never encountered this user. You must be mistaking me for someone else.
i have never engaged u. Usually enjoy your food threads. I have been here for a very long time, dont just involve myself on issues that concern me.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by thatigboman: 12:30am On Mar 11, 2021
Mikecold:
Dude i am talking from experience.

It's all about the male employee kind of maturity, naturally men have soft deminour for women.

But if you as a male employee know yourself you won't have problem with a male boss.

If you hang out for a drink or two this is where you would both download the human aspects of yourselves.

It's not to drink to stupor, he would know how you feel at work, your constraints as a person.

Why you do certain things maybe because you managing health etc

He would even tell you about his issues as a boss

Dem no born am to still dey disturb you except you taking things for granted

Las Las it doesn't mean you should be taking your job at work for granted, you still put in your best

and u think i'm a fresh graduate? I have enough working experience to tell u i'm talking from a practical experience too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Off And At Work Photos Of Pretty Female Naval Officer / Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 / Osinbajo's Selective Minimum Wage Explained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.