Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? (27522 Views)

Penjamin Franklin: I Refused My Female Boss Sex & She Sacked Me / 300 Mine Workers Spend 1 Week Underground To Protest Against Boss Who Loves Sex / See What Nigerian Workers Did To Their Boss Who Owed Them 4 Months Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 10, 2021
That reminds me many years back,

I got a cheque from a client from Lagos. I was broke to the teeth. It was a Friday and needed to cash it for the weekend would be dry if not.
I got to the first bank, went straight to the lady at the counter, gave her the cheque and she asked for my ID. I was having only my International passport as ID then. She looked at me and said "Mr WILLuKPquiet, this passport expired two days ago" I said yes I know. "I am sorry I can't pay you" she said and threw both the passport and cheque to me. I beg , beg she commot face.
I hurridly dashed to another bank before the closing hour. I got there it was another lady and she behaved likewise. Time was running out so, I left for the third bank and this time around, I made up my mind not to go to a lady cashier. Getting there, I went to queue infront of a man.
It was my turn and I gave him the cheque. He asked for my ID and I gave him. He looked at me and said, "Sir, your passport expired two days ago" I said yes. He then asked me why I wasn't having another ID and I told him I just returned to the country after years overseas. Which was true. He smiled and said go and get another passport or a driving license. Next time, you won't be paid. I said thanks. The guy paid me and that was how I did not starve that weekend.

Give a woman power and she will want you to know she's the boss here. No mercy , no human feelings most times.

9 Likes

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by pocohantas(f): 7:05pm On Mar 10, 2021
bluefilm:

What you don't understand is that the only reason why your boss is that way is because he is most probably working under his FEMALE boss at home.

Remember what they say?

Happy Wife; Happy life.

I understand, I already said it. It has to be a woman....

A man cheats, because of a woman.
A man is violent; because of a woman.
A man rapes; because of a woman.
A man steals; because of a woman.
A man commits ritual killing; because of a woman.

A gender so superior and logical yet they have been blaming all their actions on women right from the Garden of Eden.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 10, 2021
None... Its either your head is correct or its not.

Cute cats and kittens for sale.. DSH and Foreign breeds available.

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Iceking1(m): 7:06pm On Mar 10, 2021
9jaRealist:
NO boss is the easiest... cool
>
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 10, 2021
I have had this exact similar experience, infact in the same particular order to be precise. She was my project manager & she was offended because I don't overly send long greetings & pleasantries before sending official work message on our Slack communication tool (Similar to Skype) back then.

It became so bad that I had to proof read & re-modify every single message to make it sound sweet and pleasing before I can send it which was very emotionally draining for me. Imagine wanting to send a status report of a task in an emergency, I need to modify it to sound so nice.

I'm not saying that Men are better, but the women have this similar behaviors across board in most organisations.

PrimadonnaO:
In my personal experience, male bosses.
The last female boss I had was everything wrong... couldn't deal. One of my colleagues even had a real mental breakdown.

The female bosses I've seen who were problematic seemed to have some things in common.
1. They were over-exerting. They seemed to feel the need to want to show that they were the boss, which is a joke of authority. When you have to scream "I'm the boss" then there's already a problem.

2. They felt easily affronted... unnecessary things seemed like disrespect to them.

3. Ironically, they were less tolerant and understanding. You would expect that a woman would be more empathetic to workers' plight, and issues they may be having in their personal lives, but the ones I've seen and heard about were the very opposite.

There are no absolutes, there will always be exceptions. These things are largely a matter of "what's most obtainable?"

2 Likes

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Fxwarrior: 7:08pm On Mar 10, 2021
Male boss
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Aguilar(m): 7:08pm On Mar 10, 2021
male boss abeg, I can never work for a b****

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by DrewMX(m): 7:08pm On Mar 10, 2021
A female boss can hold grudges and keep malice with her staff till they either resign or get fired. But a male boss is very straight forward. He might get angry and reprimand you, and the next day he will laugh with you as if nothing happened. That's when you are willing to heed to corrections.

7 Likes

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Fxwarrior: 7:09pm On Mar 10, 2021
PeaceIlya:
This has nothing to do with gender. Character is where the problem is.

Female bosses are too authoritative and overbearing.

Their wahala is second to none.

Male boss is cool. Just do your work and everyone is happy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 10, 2021
WILLuKPquiet:
That reminds me many years back,
Give a woman power and she will want you to know she's the boss here. No mercy , no human feelings most times.

This same mentality is why Men are scared of Women in power, because they aren't used to it so they need to show/tell you they now have the authority.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Nicepoker(m): 7:12pm On Mar 10, 2021
Wealthyone:
It depends on individuality and personality. I had work with both and i can tell you the best wasn't chosen based on gender.

Female tend to have more competence and more skilled.
Men take the work less serious and a bit lackadaisical.

The bottom line in personality. Forget the hate for women online.
women have more competence and more skilled. LIES.

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by noisy45(m): 7:12pm On Mar 10, 2021
Oyindamolah:
Who is easier to work with; a male boss or a female boss?

Male boss I beg

3 Likes

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by senteugene: 7:12pm On Mar 10, 2021
Anyday anytime... Male boss.. Women no kuku too sabi my job

3 Likes

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 10, 2021
pocohantas:

It was even a guy that told me to clip their wings fast before I become the subordinate. I immediately changed tactics and under 1 week they reported to my boss that I hate them. I was just laughing

It's a 2 way thing, I think you can be civil & strict without the need to prove anything. You just set boundaries, no one will cross it.

2 Likes

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by pocohantas(f): 7:18pm On Mar 10, 2021
truthsayer009:

This same mentality is why Men are scared of Women in power, because they aren't used to it so they need to show/tell you they now have the authority.

It is not about not being used to it, it is more about the fact that you have to perform twice as hard to prove your competence. A man is already assumed to be competent just by being a man with a penis, a woman would have to prove it. I got posted to my team and the first thing my boss said was he told them he didn’t want sisi eko, he already assumed I am a dumb blonde. So a guy would have been a better assistant to him on sight. He started asking me silly questions and even asked my score in training, like I just finished, lol. I told him and he said it is a lie, I told him to call HR. Of course he wouldn’t dare do that as my organization has a strong policy on gender discrimination.

I have seen a team crumble under a soft female boss because she was scared of exerting her authority, last last it was her assistant (a man) that was running the team and she was there smiling, forming mummy for same people that were finishing her at her back. Before I used to care o, now I will put pressure on you, you won’t kill my career and KPI because I have vagina. You must give me the output I want.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by gbagyiza: 7:19pm On Mar 10, 2021
Wealthyone:
It depends on individuality and personality. I had work with both and i can tell you the best wasn't chosen based on gender.

Female tend to have more competence and more skilled.
Men take the work less serious and a bit lackadaisical.

The bottom line in personality. Forget the hate for women online.

I don't agree with u saying female tend to have more competence and skilled. I agree that there r few women with such capability but men surpasses that figure.

2 Likes

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Jodera: 7:19pm On Mar 10, 2021
Omo...
A wicked/unreasonable male boss and a wicked/unreasonable female boss.

I'll choose the former over and over again.
Female boss = Wahala
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Zane2point4(m): 7:20pm On Mar 10, 2021
9jaRealist:

Sexist and misogynist much? sad
>
Yes I'm a sexist if u say so, OP gave two options, I chose one and you're here blabbing.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by culf: 7:24pm On Mar 10, 2021
pocohantas:

Men are actually subjective, way more subjective than women. If you see WhatsApp chats of my colleagues complaining of my boss, sometimes they just dismiss his attitude or even try to blame it on his wife (she is probably not giving him peace).

I bet if a woman does a tenth of what my boss does, or say the things he says- omo, them for done create like 10 threads for her matter and blame it on her vagina.

That is why I don’t take shit from my interns, before I used to walk on eggshells, lest they will say “female boss”. They almost wan put hand for my eye. They will be in the official group where I am and be exchanging words, no fear o, something they can NEVER try with my boss. It was even a guy that told me to clip their wings fast before I become the subordinate. I immediately changed tactics and under 1 week they reported to my boss that I hate them. I was just laughing

and you're happy about it? sometimes you set aside your right if it will make people happy and more comfortable around you. Its far better to be love than to be feared.

#Not judging you though

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by pocohantas(f): 7:24pm On Mar 10, 2021
truthsayer009:

It's a 2 way thing, I think you can be civil & strict without the need to prove anything. You just set boundaries, no one will cross it.

You say this because you have never handled a team as a woman. You will set the boundary and they will cross it. The same way blacks are quick to scream racism is how subordinates are quick to use the “female boss” tag.

I once told an intern to prepare a report and his gf came to the office. Mind you, there was a deadline. This boy left the report and took his gf to the lunchroom. Tell me how many bosses can take that. The second I used a query to reset his head, he was at my boss’s desk to report. Funny enough the boss he was reporting me to already told me if they give me stress, I should send them back to HR. I was laughing because he doesn’t know what we discuss in our staff meetings. cheesy

culf:

and you're happy about it? sometimes you set aside your right if it will make people happy and more comfortable around you. Its far better to be love than to be feared.

#Not judging you though

Yes I am very happy that they now know the lines not to cross. They don’t fear me, they have learned to respect and be submissive. If there is anyone that they fear, it is my boss. If they fear me, they won’t try some nonsense na.

I don’t care if you are judging tbh.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by culf: 7:31pm On Mar 10, 2021
it depend on character like most people said but the truth is, most women can not handle power.

we once worked for a lady to be given a particular position in school because she was super active and friendly but when aunty got there, Omo, level change oooo.

some female bosses are wonderful though but they are few ratio wise.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 10, 2021
Well valid points, but I do not agree Women working twice as hard, because every where I have worked, It has never been that way, so I guess that statement is subjective.

I do agree that Women are on a disadvantage because a lot of people undermine their work initially but once they see the impact of the lady, they know what she is capable of moving forward. Apart of that, fine ladies are often assumed to be bimbos on first sight, so that's another reason.

Anyway, you have taken the right path of not allowing anyone to Fvckup your KPI because they are getting paid, It's not free work.

pocohantas:

It is not about not being used to it, it is more about the fact that you have to perform twice as hard to prove your competence. A man is already assumed to be competent just by being a man with a penis, a woman would have to prove it. I got posted to my team and the first thing my boss said was he told them he didn’t want sisi eko, so he already assumed I am dumb blonde. So a guy would have been a better assistant to him on sight. He started asking me silly questions and even asked my score from training lol. I told him and he said it is a lie, I told him him to call HR. Of course he wouldn’t dare do that as my organization has a strong policy on gender discrimination.

I have seen a team crumble under a soft female boss because she was scared of exerting, last last it was her assistant (a man) that was running the team and she was there smiling, forming mummy for same people that were finishing her at her back. Before I used to care o, now I will put pressure on you, you won’t kill my career and KPI because I have vagina. You must give me the output I want.
Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Sterope(f): 7:34pm On Mar 10, 2021
They don't see gender when it is a man abusing his authority yet we have more men in service which means more percentage of men abusing their position.

They will be the same people to shout that no one stops a woman from holding position of power. With these ones, a woman can't win.

pocohantas:

Men are actually subjective, way more subjective than women. If you see WhatsApp chats of my colleagues complaining of my boss, sometimes they just dismiss his attitude or even try to blame it on his wife (she is probably not giving him peace).

I bet if a woman does a tenth of what my boss does, or say the things he says- omo, them for done create like 10 threads for her matter and blame it on her vagina.

That is why I don’t take shit from my interns, before I used to walk on eggshells, lest they will say “female boss”. They almost wan put hand for my eye. They will be in the official group where I am and be exchanging words, no fear o, something they can NEVER try with my boss. It was even a guy that told me to clip their wings fast before I become the subordinate. I immediately changed tactics and under 1 week they reported to my boss that I hate them. I was just laughing

2 Likes

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by philip0906(m): 7:35pm On Mar 10, 2021
Reading some of the comments and I'm wondering what kind of companies exist in this country...Lol

In all my years of working, I've had female bosses and male bosses and gender has never been a thing. Well, maybe it's cos I work in Tech, so it's pretty advanced in terms of ideals and diversity.

2 Likes

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by kabanayol9(m): 7:37pm On Mar 10, 2021
Pochettino:
Male abeg. We women are wicked in authority.
Very Very Wicked.

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 10, 2021
Hmm okay, I have never handled as a woman sha. I don't know what to expect.

pocohantas:

You say this because you have never handled a team as a woman. You will set the boundary and they will cross it. The same way blacks are quick to scream racism is how subordinates are quick to use the “female boss” tag.

I once told an intern to prepare a report and his gf came to the office. Mind you, there was a deadline. This boy left the report and took his gf to the lunchroom. Tell me how many bosses can take that. The second I used a query to reset his head, he was at my boss’s desk to report. Funny enough the boss he was reporting me to already told me if they give me stress, I should send them back to HR. I was laughing because he doesn’t know what we discuss in our staff meetings. cheesy

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:41pm On Mar 10, 2021
truthsayer009:
I have had this exact similar experience, infact in the same particular order to be precise. She was my project manager & she was offended because I don't overly send long greetings & pleasantries before sending official work message on our Slack communication tool (Similar to Skype) back then.

It became so bad that I had to proof read & re-modify every single message to make it sound sweet and pleasing before I can send it which was very emotionally draining for me. Imagine wanting to send a status report of a task in an emergency, I need to modify it to sound so nice.

I'm not saying that Men are better, but the women have this similar behaviors across board in most organisations.

I can 100% relate. "Please, ma'am, you're yet to respond to the task I logged in on Asana." She'll ignore and go to the WhatsApp group to call you out... then ask that you repost the message sent on the WhatsApp group... then ask you to rephrase the question.

That day her problem was that the message should have been "Ma, a kind reminder to respond to the task logged on Asana." Or she makes an attempt at joking on the official platform after work hours, and you don't join the others to send fake LOL and unnecessary reactions, she'll bring it up at a strategy meeting that people ignore messages on the WhatsApp group when everyone's bonding. Everything felt so petty. Just be professional and let people do their work.

I had a friend who worked in a place where her pay stub reflected a deduction because her boss was coming into the office and she didn't go get her bag as she approached the reception. Likeee!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Keketu(m): 7:44pm On Mar 10, 2021
chii8:
Some male bosses thinks that a woman should work for him in his office and his bedroom.
hi please pm me privately

1 Like

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by pocohantas(f): 7:44pm On Mar 10, 2021
truthsayer009:
Well valid points, but I do not agree Women working twice as hard, because every where I have worked, It has never been that way, so I guess that statement is subjective.

I do agree that Women are on a disadvantage because a lot of people undermine their work initially but once they see the impact of the lady, they know what she is capable of moving forward. Apart of that, fine ladies are often assumed to be bimbos on first sight, so that's another reason.

Anyway, you have taken the right path of not allowing anyone to Fvckup your KPI because they are getting paid, It's not free work.

Maybe those women don’t want to work, but if you want to show you know your worth and have men give you your way, you must have proved beyond reasonable doubt that you know your job. They will be watching you and on a good day they will give you a backhanded compliment. grin

Of course they are getting paid. If we fail, they will still say we failed because a woman is supervising them. So I choose the hard way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Sterope(f): 7:45pm On Mar 10, 2021
Started with Adam, so shall it continue

pocohantas:

I understand, I already said it. It has to be a woman....

A man cheats, because of a woman.
A man is violent; because of a woman.
A man rapes; because of a woman.
A man steals; because of a woman.
A man commits ritual killing; because of a woman.

A gender so superior and logical yet they have been blaming all their actions on women right from the Garden of Eden.

3 Likes

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by IvarDboneless: 7:46pm On Mar 10, 2021
Women oga worst die...jeez am even suffering from one as we speak. Planning on doing her strong thing before I leave

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 7:46pm On Mar 10, 2021
You mean in public or private organization?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Off And At Work Photos Of Pretty Female Naval Officer / Osinbajo's Selective Minimum Wage Explained / Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.