Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,652 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. (13992 Views)

How African Parents Raise Their Kids? Share Your Experience While Growing Up! / "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno / Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Eriokanmi: 11:55am On Sep 17, 2023
LauraClasikVibe:
Do Strict parents raise the best children., Lets discuss
Yes. Not only that...strict and God-fearing parents do. If not my mum's strictness, I'd have ended up under the bridge today cos I was so stubborn

1 Like

Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by ruggedtimi(m): 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2023
Best in terms of money "no"...best in terms of character "maybe" in terms social "introverts"
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by ChyjoskyJ: 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2023
YES OF COURSE
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by CooldipoMPS: 12:07pm On Sep 17, 2023
I just like these very impactful topics that keep making the front page these days

1 Like

Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Evestar200(f): 12:11pm On Sep 17, 2023
Nn
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by rapheal5(m): 12:14pm On Sep 17, 2023
ednut1:
Life has no manual. Some strict parents raised successful children some didn’t and vice versa. The problem with strict parents is that after the kids become independent the parents will suddenly become gentle as loneliness stares them in the face 🤣
You're 100 percent right on this..kudos
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Kay25(m): 12:15pm On Sep 17, 2023
Might not be perfect but there are iota of senses in those trained strictly
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by ThugOfWar: 12:20pm On Sep 17, 2023
It depends on their parents themselves if They were well behaved

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by rickleye: 12:20pm On Sep 17, 2023
Kondomatic:
I don't see how parents being strict increases a child's libido

Let me explain as someone who was brought up strict.

Having helicopter and strict parents means you are macro managed. Curfew was 6pm . You had to be home for dinner and at sleep at 8pm. No parties . I was woken up at 3am on weekdays to study till 5am . Additional Sleep till 6am and then took the bus to school . School was 8am to 3pm had an hour break and then evening school was 4-7pm.

I had friends but no girls were “allowed.”. I mean if you came to my house and asked after me and met dad, I wouldn’t get the message. Mum - yep . Plus with dad you just put more shit on my plate.

Went to church on Sunday and sat in the men’s section for those of you who went to Anglican Church . Women left , men right side the youth sat at the back. I was told sit with men .

Time and space wouldn’t let me go into details but I couldn’t play street soccer . Whenever I played it was before popsie got home . There was a day , I experience two emotional highs and lows at the same . Long story short . For those who played “ set “ . You decide prior first to 3 or first to score and you battle. This game was hard but I scored the winning goal as my mates were celebrating me, I saw someone point and say - home. It was my dad. I begged him for 500meters , the length of distance to get home. I still got caned.
And there are many other examples.

I had a group of friends come and beg dad for me to play a soccer game. He said no and I had more homework to do .

The only time he backed off a bit was when I told him I would cut off his head cleanly from his head with a machete . This happened when I was 19. I said, I have done everything you asked of me yet I can’t go to parties or have female friends or I can’t say I am going out to visit friends .

2 weeks later I had these uncles come and try hold me down but I beat one silly and the other I slashed with a machete - the. He knew I was serious.

My freedom came when I was posted to serve .

My dad and uncle want it to be Lagos, I said nope. Been to Lagos done it , tired of it . What else does Nigeria have to offer ? Was posted to Edo state - I went crazy with freedom and ladies . I must have had like 50 girls for that one year. First time touching a female anatomy in daylight .

Most kids from strick parents have pent up emotions , may not be able to relate well with others or over do so. Want people to like them and some are introverts. One thing for sure - is that they are Hot , at least I was /am .
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Machinegun91(m): 12:21pm On Sep 17, 2023
Who raise portable?
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Kenmatt(m): 12:25pm On Sep 17, 2023
Zobah:
When I was young, I decided to go to a medical school.
At the entrance exam, we were asked to re-arrange letters

'PNEIS' and form the name of an important human body part which is most useful when erect.

Those who answered 'SPINE' are doctors today while rest are on social media.

Zobah you be Arubah!
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Kenmatt(m): 12:28pm On Sep 17, 2023
Kondomatic:
I don't see how parents being strict increases a child's libido

That Gee is not far from the truth you're afraid of.
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Kenmatt(m): 12:30pm On Sep 17, 2023
kingthreat:
Three factors raise a child
1. Family
2. The Child's mindset
3. The Society

There are many cases where the family(parents) do their best but the ill society or stubborn mindset gets the better of them.
Just pray for good children. A prayer every aspiring parent should pray.

Remove that number 2 and highlight on the rest.
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by 9jatriot(m): 12:34pm On Sep 17, 2023
I know most parents begin to backdown when a child approaches 14 and further backdown at 16. Just curious, if as you got to around 14 they stopped micro managing you would have still gone haywire when you got your freedom during service?

Was the whole approach bad or that he just did not know when to stop?

rickleye:

Let me explain as someone who was brought up strict.

Having helicopter and strict parents means you are macro managed. Curfew was 6pm . You had to be home for dinner and at sleep at 8pm. No parties . I was woken up at 3am on weekdays to study till 5am . Additional Sleep till 6am and then took the bus to school . School was 8am to 3pm had an hour break and then evening school was 4-7pm.

I had friends but no girls were “allowed.”. I mean if you came to my house and asked after me and met dad, I wouldn’t get the message. Mum - yep . Plus with dad you just put more shit on my plate.

Went to church on Sunday and sat in the men’s section for those of you who went to Anglican Church . Women left , men right side the youth sat at the back. I was told sit with men .

Time and space wouldn’t let me go into details but I couldn’t play street soccer . Whenever I played it was before popsie got home . There was a day , I experience two emotional highs and lows at the same . Long story short . For those who played “ set “ . You decide prior first to 3 or first to score and you battle. This game was hard but I scored the winning goal as my mates were celebrating me, I saw someone point and say - home. It was my dad. I begged him for 500meters , the length of distance to get home. I still got caned.
And there are many other examples.

I had a group of friends come and beg dad for me to play a soccer game. He said no and I had more homework to do .

The only time he backed off a bit was when I told him I would cut off his head cleanly from his head with a machete . This happened when I was 19. I said, I have done everything you asked of me yet I can’t go to parties or have female friends or I can’t say I am going out to visit friends .

2 weeks later I had these uncles come and try hold me down but I beat one silly and the other I slashed with a machete - the. He knew I was serious.

My freedom came when I was posted to serve .

My dad and uncle want it to be Lagos, I said nope. Been to Lagos done it , tired of it . What else does Nigeria have to offer ? Was posted to Edo state - I went crazy with freedom and ladies . I must have had like 50 girls for that one year. First time touching a female anatomy in daylight .

Most kids from strick parents have pent up emotions , may not be able to relate well with others or over do so. Want people to like them and some are introverts. One thing for sure - is that they are Hot , at least I was /am .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Sniper101(m): 12:34pm On Sep 17, 2023
If I can raise my unborn kids even half as strict as my Dad raised us, I know I'll have reasons to pat myself at the back some decades later

PS: back in those days, Dad was a senior lecturer who leaves school by 5pm.
We dared not be outside the gate with friends or outside the house playing by the time he gets back.

everybody dey compose n comport e sef when Lion of the Tribe of Judah dey around. grin

1 Like

Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by EkelediliBuhari: 12:41pm On Sep 17, 2023
Zobah:

'PNEIS' and form the name of an important human body part which is most useful when erect.

Me wey answer Snipe nkor
My friend answer pines
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Fiscus105(m): 12:46pm On Sep 17, 2023
Hi
maureensylvia:
No to an extent

I was brought up under strict parenting, if I still want to mess around I have the opportunities to... but I chose to do what's best for me, strict parenting or not

Strict parenting can actually lead to worse outcomes including depression, anxiety and low self-esteem.

Parents needs to find a balance between setting rules and boundaries and giving their children freedom to make their own decisions.

Communication and open dialogue are also key, so that children feel heard and understood.

U re not messing around now, because u were not allowed to do it during ur prime time ( time of youthful exuberant).

You should thank ur God that u came out from such parents,

You have a teenage child, you allow him/her to do whatever he likes under ur roof, when such little kids haven't even known good from bad yet, and u called that one good upbringing?

Go and do statistics of children that came out from strict parenting and others, before u argue further

Try to also compare ur way of life now with ur peers that came out from parents that aren't strict then

Several (90%) things that parents forbidden teenagers to do are for their own good wen they grow older, that is why older people do appreciate fathers latter in year.

1 Like

Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Father4all: 12:52pm On Sep 17, 2023
Lies
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Fiscus105(m): 1:02pm On Sep 17, 2023
Sprints3:
They raise shiit children children who later become naive, face bigger challenges in life they can't cope they struggle to keep a relationship beacuse they were not brought up with open affection... But u see parents who aren't strict but disciplined nuture the best children but u see those our parents who believe by telling a child to sit down at home controlling the lifr of the child as if u created the child mold the useless set of children... My father is strict till now we still have verbal argument cuz he believes by being strict is a being a responsible parents...

Meanwhile , children their parents not strict ended up do anyhow, some even impregnated several girls before theye ready for marriage, some ended up in club house and being killed or even used for ritual.

Oga, why would a parent allows his kid daughter to carry different guys home, just because he wants to train her how to have affection?

Why would parents allow his son to have friends that are taking drugs, because he can know how to relate with others?

Why would father allows teenage kids to dress anyhow?

Why would mother allows his son/daughter to go out and come back home at will at that age wen they are still highly vunerable to be misled by untrained peers? Even adults in the community?

I biliv u re one of those who condermed a newly inducted nurse last month, nurse that her mother came all the way from PH to celebrate her, the nurse that left her mom at home and went to club house, in which she ended in the hands of yahoo boys that used her for ritual.

If her mother is strict, that nurse might escape brutal death that day.

2 Likes

Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Silentgroper(m): 1:02pm On Sep 17, 2023
Zobah:

"when erect"

spines are always erect..

then question is conditional cause of d word "when"

if you'd ask me, that answer is penis..
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by MrJames007: 1:16pm On Sep 17, 2023
Zobah:

grin

1 Like

Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by ChristianMuslim: 1:17pm On Sep 17, 2023
Sensible strictness with love and care and vision is the best.. the rest are senseless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Kobojunkie: 1:17pm On Sep 17, 2023
free2ryhme:
â–  You don join Gen x dey cap undecided
Cap what? undecided
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by sucess001(m): 1:26pm On Sep 17, 2023
Nijagogetsense:
Generally, most Nigerian parents do not know how to take care of children. Taking care of children is a school intending couple should attend before marriage. There is different between training of children and taking care of children. You see those strict parents, they are small devil in human clothing. They want nothing else until their wills should be done; they will never listen to their children or hear their views or opinions on some matters...

So says the generation that is raising the worst set of children
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by sucess001(m): 1:27pm On Sep 17, 2023
LauraClasikVibe:
Do Strict parents raise the best children., Lets discuss

Yes. Thank God if you came from them
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by folake4u(f): 1:37pm On Sep 17, 2023
No, not necessarily the best children.

1 Like

Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by free2ryhme: 1:42pm On Sep 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Cap what? undecided

free these children matter.
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Kobojunkie: 1:45pm On Sep 17, 2023
free2ryhme:
free these children matter.
Nigerians are generally terrible at raising children. Look around you at the delay at all levels to realize this. Look at the so-called next generation to see we have a long way to go in this. Even the strict parenting model we use has failed most as many were emotionally and socially scared by it all with little benefit to show. undecided

1 Like

Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by free2ryhme: 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Nigerians are terrible when it comes to raising children. Look around you at the delay at all levels to realize this. undecided

How many children of these families have you fed with your argument, allow dem do as they like since none is requesting feeding money from you.

you wey dey support LGBTQ nkor is that not disgusting also

Kobo junkie you have been online nairaland for 2 yrs plus

arguing and capping day and night

you no dey rest
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Kobojunkie: 1:54pm On Sep 17, 2023
free2ryhme:
â–  How many children of these families have you fed with your argument, allow dem do as they like since none is requesting feeding money from you.you wey dey support LGBTQ nkor is that not disgusting also Kobo junkie you have been online nairaland for 2 yrs plus arguing and capping day and night you no dey rest
As I said... Nigerians are generally terrible at raising children. Look around you at the delay at all levels to realize this. Look at the so-called next generation to see we have a long way to go in this. Even the strict parenting model we use has failed most as many were emotionally and socially scared by it all with little benefit to show. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help Me Suggest Xmas Gift For My Mum And Dad / Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? / Can You Get Married To Your Cousin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.