Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. (13994 Views)

How African Parents Raise Their Kids? Share Your Experience While Growing Up! / "It's A Man's Duty To Clean, Cook And Raise The Kids" - Reno / Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by busomma: 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2023
Not really. Some children are really bad to the point that there's nothing that can be done to make them do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by free2ryhme: 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
As I said... Nigerians are generally terrible at raising children. Look around you at the delay at all levels to realize this. Look at the so-called next generation to see we have a long way to go in this. Even the strict parenting model we use has failed most as many were emotionally and socially scared by it all with little benefit to show. undecided

Same way LGBTQ++ is disgusting too
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by FaceTanke: 2:07pm On Sep 17, 2023
Evestar200:
No

Hi Evelyn
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by maureensylvia(f): 2:07pm On Sep 17, 2023
The bolded💪😎

You good!
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by thedio(m): 2:07pm On Sep 17, 2023
Our parents were raised by strict parents with undiluted discipline and high moral standard. The impact was there in Nigerian society but today they failed to maintain the discipline probably because of emotional separation they had with their father especially.
They tried to show us love and care but end up spoiling us. Majority of our prof and emeritus prof today were raised with high discipline but check out their children today. Take Femi Falana as an example.
I am not saying we should not show our children love or we should abuse them but over pampering of kid and indiscipline will render them useless in future
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by rickleye: 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2023
9jatriot:
I know most parents begin to backdown when a child approaches 14 and further backdown at 16. Just curious, if as you got to around 14 they stopped micro managing you would have still gone haywire when you got your freedom during service?

Was the whole approach bad or that he just did not know when to stop?

I think without a doubt - my attitude would have been different . You want a healthy dose of liberty and rules. Some parents would allow their kids make mistake and then correct them while others will try to prevent them from making those mistakes.
I think he did what he thought was right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Occurstaem(m): 2:15pm On Sep 17, 2023
It goes both sides of a coin.
But the best parenting practice is authoritative parenting style.
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Donedeal1(m): 2:25pm On Sep 17, 2023
With a good example

Otherwise the children get bad with hypocrisy.
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 17, 2023
They raise low self esteem children.

1 Like

Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Godmind2022(m): 2:42pm On Sep 17, 2023
TheMaterialist:
Only when the strict parents show the children
love and care.

Without that it's pointless.

Point nailed. Balance is the key. End of discussion.
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Clinghton: 2:42pm On Sep 17, 2023
Two things are involved,

First those children grow up and revolt there parents

The second is that when they finally become independent they are prone to evil lifestyle, they want to taste that life there parents were strict to them and finally end up living the lifestyle

Just train children without being too hard or soft, care about there emotions, it turns them to what the become in future.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by okewumi: 3:18pm On Sep 17, 2023
My parent were very strict and still show love.
It brought out the best from us.

Maybe today l would have been Agbero
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by maasoap(m): 3:53pm On Sep 17, 2023
LauraClasikVibe:
Do Strict parents raise the best children., Lets discuss
Simple no. Don't be too strict/conservative, don't too lenient/liberal. Find balance in raising your kids, so love and understanding to them, be patient with them but most importantly, be firmed with your decision concerning them.
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Afobaba33(m): 3:59pm On Sep 17, 2023
If you like conclude that the children from strict parents don't turn out well.

Na you sabi!!!!

As for me

I will never spare the rod

So far I didn't die but get to reference my parents and their decisions

I will also follow that path
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Princeton92(m): 4:04pm On Sep 17, 2023
Oyindamolah:
They raised the most emotionally broken and traumatized children

Not a lie though I'm literally a victim of this

2 Likes

Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Princeton92(m): 4:09pm On Sep 17, 2023
As in ehh and lately it's got me to wonder why the sudden change.... STRANGE 😂😂

ednut1:
Life has no manual. Some strict parents raised successful children some didn’t and vice versa. The problem with strict parents is that after the kids become independent the parents will suddenly become gentle as loneliness stares them in the face 🤣
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Kobojunkie: 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2023
thedio:
â–  Our parents were raised by strict parents with undiluted discipline and high moral standard. The impact was there in Nigerian society but today they failed to maintain the discipline probably because of emotional separation they had with their father especially.
They tried to show us love and care but end up spoiling us. Majority of our prof and emeritus prof today were raised with high discipline but check out their children today. Take Femi Falana as an example.
I am not saying we should not show our children love or we should abuse them but over pampering of kid and indiscipline will render them useless in future
The impact of that is what you equally observe today. Broken people have a hard time showing that which they themselves were not shown during their own upbringing. undecided
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by DonroxyII: 5:14pm On Sep 17, 2023
Nijagogetsense:
Generally, most Nigerian parents do not know how to take care of children. Taking care of children is a school intending couple should attend before marriage. There is different between training of children and taking care of children. You see those strict parents, they are small devil in human clothing. They want nothing else until their wills should be done; they will never listen to their children or hear their views or opinions on some matters...
This is so true !...

Before any registry approves any Marriage, Couples Must Undergo 3 Months Intensive Marriage Training ....

I wonder why a society would be learning how to drive a Car among many skills but would never learn how to manage a Home

Gisos, Many Beautiful things to introduce!
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On Sep 17, 2023
free2ryhme:
â–  Same way LGBTQ++ is disgusting too
That stick you have up your arse about them is yours to bear, not for me to be entertained with. undecided
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by free2ryhme: 6:54pm On Sep 17, 2023
Kobojunkie:
That stick you have up your arse about them is yours to bear, not for me to be entertained with. undecided

The same stick up your arse about how Nigerian families raise their children is also yours to bear, not for me to be entertained with.
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On Sep 17, 2023
free2ryhme:
â–  The same stick up your arse about how Nigerian families raise their children is also yours to bear, not for me to be entertained with.
***Yawn***
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Abagworo(m): 7:48pm On Sep 17, 2023
Yes spare the rod and spoil the child. My parents were strict and 100% of their children are extremely successful.
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by SeriouslySense(m): 9:42pm On Sep 17, 2023
every child is a unique personality, and strictness could be harmful, discipline can be beneficial, a child needs balance, affection, a stable environment and needs good training, sometimes parents may try their best but it wont turn out well, so prayers and kindness is necessary.

So Parents need to train themselves to be better and capable of raising decent people, educate yourselves as parents, and hopefully, it will work out well. If it doesn't, then all thanks to God for giving us the opportunity to impact to other humans beings.
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by Oyindamolah: 8:36am On Sep 19, 2023
shocked
Drone95:
Not in all cases , I have seen sons and daughters of very strict and disciplined parents who grew up to become a marlian cheesy
Re: Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. by lavylilly: 4:22pm On Dec 24, 2023
wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help Me Suggest Xmas Gift For My Mum And Dad / Should A Man Have A Gun In His House? / Can You Get Married To Your Cousin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.