Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,382 members, 7,954,548 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:52 PM

Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) (37852 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Commissions Iwosan-Lagoon Hospial On Victoria Island. / Governor Sanwo-Olu Meets Nurses, Resolves Lagos Nurses' Crisis / Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Coronavirus Outbreak In Lagos, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by chrizzyace: 6:16am On Mar 12, 2021
uptimum123:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jidesanwoolu/status/1370073070531186688

This man is just doing everything possible to earn back the trust of lagosians, after that protest, he really fumbled. But I commend all he’s been doing.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by harmargedon: 6:17am On Mar 12, 2021
Incognito403:

Malaria and typhoid are the biggest diseases in Africa.

If hospitals can adequately handle those two diseases, millions of lives will be saved yearly.
they will, when they stop trying.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 6:23am On Mar 12, 2021
capitalzero:
If you see any evidence of health tax in uk for residents or citizens, show me, I will apologise. Are Nigerians not paying taxes and levies?
Let me educate you further, Nigeria is operating us health system not UK. NHS is totally different from your fraudulent health insurance.

grin grin grin

Quit drowning yourself in meaningless juvenile semantics...
Never told you that there was a “health tax” only that the citizens funded the NHS.

Btw, the only reason we brought up the NHS was that it was designed by politicians.
Funny how you’ve now gone from private insurance to holding up the NHS as the Gold Standard!

Abegi leave that accursed POVERTY mentality. #TakeResponsibility.
>
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 6:31am On Mar 12, 2021
Just to refresh your polemic memory... grin

capitalzero:
You are mentally lazy. Read to learn. In UK, healthcare is free. Every resident has access to free healthcare under NHS. Government pays for it. It is mandatory for every resident to have NHS card. Nigeria health insurance is fraudulent.
9jaRealist:
grin grin grin

Nope! It is most definitely NOT free...
Ordinary citizens pay for the NHS through general taxation and NIC contributions.

#TakeResponsibility
>
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 6:32am On Mar 12, 2021
Incognito403:
Malaria and typhoid are the biggest diseases in Africa.

If hospitals can adequately handle those two diseases, millions of lives will be saved yearly.

Abegi, teach them... cool
>
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by capitalzero: 6:35am On Mar 12, 2021
9jaRealist:

grin grin grin

Quit drowning yourself in meaningless juvenile semantics...
Never told you that there was a “health tax” only that the citizens funded the NHS.

Btw, the only reason we brought up the NHS was that it was designed by politicians.
Funny how you’ve now gone from private insurance to holding up the NHS as the Gold Standard!

Abegi leave that accursed POVERTY mentality. #TakeResponsibility.
>

Just as uk citizens funded all government budgetary expenses. No separate health tax in uk. No separate health insurance in uk.
If you are not mentally deficiency , you brought issue if NHS and I decided to properly educate you. I am well informed of NHS because I have colleagues working there.
Tell your government to use general tax very well to make sure essential healthcare service is free like uk nhs.
You might not know meaning of NHS. It is national health service. Every nation has national health service. UK nhs is properly organized and funded by central government for benefit of all uk residents.
Let me educate you further. Health is on concurrent list in constitution. This provision makes health system chaotic. If health is on exclusive list , we may dream of having properly organized NHS like uk.
When idiotic followers keep hailing government over mediocrity, politicians would not think of improving themselves. Too bad!!!
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by capitalzero: 6:37am On Mar 12, 2021
9jaRealist:
Just to refresh your polemic memory... grin

Just to educate you properly

Just as uk citizens funded all government budgetary expenses. No separate health tax in uk. No separate health insurance in uk.
If you are not mentally deficiency , you brought issue if NHS and I decided to properly educate you. I am well informed of NHS because I have colleagues working there.
Tell your government to use general tax very well to make sure essential healthcare service is free like uk nhs.
You might not know meaning of NHS. It is national health service. Every nation has national health service. UK nhs is properly organized and funded by central government for benefit of all uk residents.
Let me educate you further. Health is on concurrent list in constitution. This provision makes health system chaotic. If health is on exclusive list , we may dream of having properly organized NHS like uk.
When idiotic followers keep hailing government over mediocrity, politicians would not think of improving themselves. Too bad!!!
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 6:51am On Mar 12, 2021
capitalzero:

grin grin grin

I guess you’ve finally gotten around to Google the meaning of the NHS. LMAO!!
You would have made a good comedian if you were not so tragically functionally illiterate.

#TakeResponsibility
>
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by capitalzero: 6:53am On Mar 12, 2021
9jaRealist:

grin grin grin

I guess you’ve finally gotten around to Google the meaning of the NHS. LMAO!!
You would have made a good comedian if you were not so tragically functionally illiterate.

#TakeResponsibility
>

Just to educate you properly. It is easy to spot product of exam malpractice. You have run out of idea. Functional illiterate!!
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by hopexter(m): 6:54am On Mar 12, 2021
harmargedon:
it will be for maleria and typhoid.

And abortion too undecided
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 7:01am On Mar 12, 2021
capitalzero:
They don’t even have mental capacity to build such hospitals and stupid followers will be hailing their health insurance products. Real things happen in private sector.
capitalzero:

grin grin grin

Confusion don break bone (apologies Abami Eda)...
The unfortunate result of a cut-and-paste product of the Nigerian ‘education’ system (and we use the term ‘education’ here advisedly).
>
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by Victorclean1: 7:02am On Mar 12, 2021
Is the hospital accredited by any international health accreditation board?
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 7:04am On Mar 12, 2021
Victorclean1:
Is the hospital accredited by any international health accreditation board?

It probably is.
Evercare is a multinational hospital group in several different countries and continents.
>
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by Yoighaman(m): 7:05am On Mar 12, 2021
The hospital looks beautiful but may we never have a reason to visit there by God's grace.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 7:07am On Mar 12, 2021
Yoighaman:
The hospital looks beautiful but may we never have a reason to visit there by God's grace.

Amen!
>

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by Eriokanmi: 7:11am On Mar 12, 2021
9jaRealist:

Even if Sanwo-Olu only showed up to commission the hospital...
That’s still him showing high-level state government support for significant foreign investment.

Nonetheless, the Governor presumably had to issue a certificate of occupancy for the property, and I notice it was also designated as a hospital zone. It’s not just about money. Private investment needs the oxygen of governmental support and an enabling regulatory environment.
>
It's not a designated hospital zone. There was an occupant there before and a GT bank. The GT Bank is still there, sharing a fence with the hospital. The C of O you said didn't come for free. They paid for every registration done to acquire the place. They're also going to pay for signage and advert on the notice board. I don't see where the governor has impacted the huge Healthcare investment positively. Anyone else could have been invited for commissioning including the health minister. Not a big deal at all. Had the government donated a parcel of land to them, built a power plant or contributed in a way to ease doing business or creating an enabling environment, then it would have been a different thing.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by lexy2014: 7:19am On Mar 12, 2021
9jaRealist:

Glad you cleared that up...
I was concerned for a second. grin
>

This is what u should be concerned about:

is this a private hospital or a state govt hospital?

It seems d question is so so difficult for u to answer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by seguno2: 7:25am On Mar 12, 2021
9jaRealist:
Even if Sanwo-Olu only showed up to commission the hospital...
That’s still him showing high-level state government support for significant foreign investment.

Nonetheless, the Governor presumably had to issue a certificate of occupancy for the property, and I notice it was also designated as a hospital zone. It’s not just about money. Private investment needs the oxygen of governmental support and an enabling regulatory environment.
>

All these long grammar to justify nonsense.
How many doctors, nurses, pharmacists, laboratory technicians, administrators etc have been recruited annually by Tinubu and his boys since 1999 to make government hospitals and clinics as good as they were in 1983, which was the last democratic government before Buhari overthrew everyone?
How many people recruited
Using private investments to collect bragging rights while looting the state recklessly can only excite the illiterate agberos who idolise APC warlords.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by seguno2: 7:28am On Mar 12, 2021
Eriokanmi:
It's not a designated hospital zone. There was an occupant there before and a GT bank. The GT Bank is still there, sharing a fence with the hospital. The C of O you said didn't come for free. They paid for every registration done to acquire the place. They're also going to pay for signage and advert on the notice board. I don't see where the governor has impacted the huge Healthcare investment positively. Anyone else could have been invited for commissioning including the health minister. Not a big deal at all. Had the government donated a parcel of land to them, built a power plant or contributed in a way to ease doing business or creating an enabling environment l, it would have been a different thing.

I wonder o.
Ordinary tap water, did the governor provide
Don’t mind these conscienceless supporters of the kleptomaniacs in government.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by capitalzero: 7:31am On Mar 12, 2021
9jaRealist:

grin grin grin

Confusion don break bone (apologies Abami Eda)...
The unfortunate result of a cut-and-paste product of the Nigerian ‘education’ system (and we use the term ‘education’ here advisedly).
>

Your ignorant is legendary. A legislative item can be on concurrent list or exclusive list. It has nothing to do with private sector involvement. For example, bank, insurance, television broadcasting are under exclusive of FG but private sector is a major stakeholder in those sectors. Health is under concurrent list. With that you cannot have a model of nhs with present political structure.
You are an exact example of product of exam malpractice and functional illiterate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 7:32am On Mar 12, 2021
seguno2:
All these long grammar to justify nonsense.
How many doctors, nurses, pharmacists, laboratory technicians, administrators etc have been recruited annually by Tinubu and his boys since 1999 to make government hospitals and clinics as good as they were in 1983, which was the last democratic government before Buhari overthrew everyone?
How many people recruited
Using private investments to collect bragging rights while looting the state recklessly can only excite the illiterate agberos who idolise APC warlords.

The more hospitals that is built the more that will be recruited...
Only functionally-illiterate Olodos think that building good hospitals is a bad thing. SMDH
>
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 7:35am On Mar 12, 2021
capitalzero:
Your ignorant is legendary. A legislative item can be on concurrent list or exclusive list. It has nothing to do with private sector involvement. You are an exact example of product of exam malpractice and functional illiterate.

grin grin grin

The cut-and-paste gibberish continues...
Result of the “repeat-after-me” BS that passes for ‘education’ in Nigeria.

#TakeResponsibility
>
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 7:37am On Mar 12, 2021
lexy2014:
This is what u should be concerned about:

is this a private hospital or a state govt hospital?

It seems d question is so so difficult for u to answer

Not difficult at all for me...
But it would serve you better to figure it out. grin
>
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by capitalzero: 7:38am On Mar 12, 2021
9jaRealist:

grin grin grin

The cut-and-paste gibberish continues...
Result of the “repeat-after-me” BS that passes for ‘education’ in Nigeria.

#TakeResponsibility
>

You have nothing to say again . Mental laziness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 7:42am On Mar 12, 2021
Eriokanmi:
It's not a designated hospital zone. There was an occupant there before and a GT bank. The GT Bank is still there, sharing a fence with the hospital. The C of O you said didn't come for free. They paid for every registration done to acquire the place. They're also going to pay for signage and advert on the notice board. I don't see where the governor has impacted the huge Healthcare investment positively. Anyone else could have been invited for commissioning including the health minister. Not a big deal at all. Had the government donated a parcel of land to them, built a power plant or contributed in a way to ease doing business or creating an enabling environment, then it would have been a different thing.

But it is...
>

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by seguno2: 7:43am On Mar 12, 2021
9jaRealist:
Only functionally-illiterate Olodos think that building good hospitals is a bad thing. SMDH
>

Careful how you shake your damn head so it does not fall and break up into tiny pieces.
Where did I say building good hospitals by the government (which this one is not) is a bad thing? Did you get confused with shaking your damn head in reading my comment? Or how did you get everything mixed up?

Meanwhile, someone who is functionally literate should know that more government hospitals and clinics built, does not automatically translate into the recruitment of healthcare workers.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by seguno2: 7:47am On Mar 12, 2021
9jaRealist:
>

The below is for your free education. You can thank me later. grin

MANofMEN:
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE

OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT

HEALTHCARE MAY BECOME FASTEST GROWING SECTOR IN NIGERIAN ECONOMY - OSINBAJO

Evercare Hospital, part of the Evercare Group, operates as an integrated healthcare delivery platform in emerging markets across Africa and South Asia, including India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Kenya and Nigeria. The international group has set aside a $1billion healthcare fund.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by Eriokanmi: 7:48am On Mar 12, 2021
seguno2:

I wonder o.
Ordinary tap water, did the governor provide
Don’t mind these conscienceless supporters of the kleptomaniacs in government.
we are the problems of ourselves in this country, always acting as sycophants to these politicians for doing nothing. Someone yesterday was criticising that senator who sponsored the bill to reduce the minimum wage for workers, which stirred up the nationwide strike as if the guy criticising wasn't one of the people voting them. How could you as a senator who earns over 13m naira monthly have taken such a heinous step to cut the 30k minimum wage which wasn't even enough in the 1st place. We need to change our mentality in this country. We're the one giving them wings by praising these people for doing nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by clothingonline(m): 7:53am On Mar 12, 2021
Sanwolu is completing all abandon projects that’s the best thing a Gov can do

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 8:01am On Mar 12, 2021
Eriokanmi:

Meanwhile, unless you were personally privy to the development, you cannot say what the government may have done (or not done) to facilitate the development of this hospital, but this project used to be Dr, Cecil Hammond’s Hospital, which received very visible governmental support when it was first initiated. Nonetheless, governmental support does not have to be particular. Rather it suffices that government creates an enabling environment within which different businesses and investors thrive. Support is not always in Naira and kobo.

And yes, anyone could have been invited to commission the hospital, but it was the Governor who was specifically invited. Similarly, the Governor could have easily declined or sent a representative but showing up is a very visible show of high-level state support for this sort of investment.
>
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 12, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Governor sanwoolu did nothing to make Evercare on Admiralty Way happen. The land wasn't donated by him, neither does the state have a share or stake in it. The facility is owned by a group of Nigerians but under the management of Tanit Group. The security there is being provided and operated by admiralty CDA, including the entrance gate into the area from the main lekki-ajah road. The governor was only invited there for commissioning

You are wrong. The hospital is not owned by a group of Nigerians and is certainly not managed by Tanit Group. The hospital is owned by Evercare health fund (comprising development finance institutions such as IFC, CDC, Proparco, etc and other impact investors like Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation). The fund is managed by an international private equity firm, TPG.

Please stop posting false information. You don’t have to comment if you know nothing about a topic please.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 8:05am On Mar 12, 2021
seguno2:
The below is for your free education. You can thank me later. grin

Duh! I see you finally caught up to information I already proffered BEFORE your cut-and paste article about the VP... grin grin

9jaRealist:
It probably is.
Evercare is a multinational hospital group in several different countries and continents.
>
>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Generation Of Pipe Holding: How Did We Get Here? / Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' / Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.