Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,015 members, 7,956,758 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:18 PM

Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) (37874 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Commissions Iwosan-Lagoon Hospial On Victoria Island. / Governor Sanwo-Olu Meets Nurses, Resolves Lagos Nurses' Crisis / Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Coronavirus Outbreak In Lagos, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by Eriokanmi: 8:08am On Mar 12, 2021
9jaRealist:

But it is...
>
Do you understand what word "designated" means? There are places designated for factories only, commercial activities only, residential purposes, etc by the government. If you now built something different in such locations, it would be pulled down. Where Evercre Hospital facility is located today was never a designated hospital place. You see that road mark only after the hospital has been fully completed and not before and during construction. The road mark is there to create awareness, just like saying pure water sold here, school children crossing, etc
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 8:11am On Mar 12, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:
You are wrong. The hospital is not owned by a group of Nigerians and is certainly not managed by Tanit Group. The hospital is owned by Evercare health fund (comprising development finance institutions such as IFC, CDC, Proparco, etc and other impact investors like Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation). The fund is managed by an international private equity firm, TPG.

Please stop posting false information. You don’t have to comment if you know nothing about a topic please.

And the more misinformed they are, the louder... grin
>
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by Eriokanmi: 8:12am On Mar 12, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

You are wrong. The hospital is not owned by a group of Nigerians and is certainly not managed by Tanit Group. The hospital is owned by Evercare health fund (comprising development finance institutions such as IFC, CDC, Proparco, etc and other impact investors like Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation). The fund is managed by an international private equity firm, TPG.

Please stop posting false information. You don’t have to comment if you know nothing about a topic please.
Really? You must be joking . Our equipment were there which we installed. Go do your research well. Maybe Google could help you. If you had said it was a franchise I'd have agreed
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 12, 2021
9jaRealist:

Meanwhile, unless you were personally privy to the development, you cannot say what the government may have done (or not done) to facilitate the development of this hospital, but this project used to be Dr, Cecil Hammond’s Hospital, which received very visible governmental support when it was first initiated. Nonetheless, governmental support does not have to be particular. Rather it suffices that government creates an enabling environment within which different businesses and investors thrive. Support is not always in Naira and kobo.

And yes, anyone could have been invited to commission the hospital, but it was the Governor who was specifically invited. Similarly, the Governor could have easily declined or sent a representative but his showing up is a very visible show of high-level state support for this sort of investment.
>

That poster was right. This is a pure private sector hospital that was built from scratch by a PE firm called Abraaj (with investments from IFC, CDC, Proparco, etc) before they went under and the investment was given to another PE firm called TPG to manage. There was no equity contribution from Lagos State. None at all. Other than licensing and accreditation which the investors paid for.

By the way, this is not Dr Hammond’s project. Get your facts right please.

It is a 165 bed state of the art hospital in Lagos. Only a foolish governor will decline the opportunity to be part of the opening that comes with ‘visibility’ that politicians crave.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 12, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Really? You must be joking . Our equipment were there which we installed. Go do your research well. Maybe Google could help you

That a company was hired to install equipment does not mean it owns the hospital. I have given you the facts and I stand by them.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 8:17am On Mar 12, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Do you understand what word "designated" means? There are places designated for factories only, commercial activities only, residential purposes, etc by the government. If you now built something different in such locations, it would be pulled down. Where Evercre Hospital facility is located today was never a designated hospital place. You see that road mark only after the hospital has been fully completed and not before and during construction. The road mark is there to create awareness, just like saying pure water sold here, school children crossing, etc

grin grin grin

Nope, they are NOT....
The term “designate” does NOT have a unitary meaning.

In the context of a hospital zone...
It mandates that all traffic slow down in the area (and grants certain rights of way).
>
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by Eriokanmi: 8:17am On Mar 12, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

That a company was hired to install equipment does not mean it owns the hospital. I have given you the facts and I stand by them.
. Who said Tanit owned it? Oga oo. Tanit was employed to source equipment across the globe. They are also in the management of the facility, including the equipment. If you go there today, you'd see the Indians there. Their CEO is on the board of Tanit. He's indian
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 8:30am On Mar 12, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:
That poster was right. This is a pure private sector hospital that was built from scratch by a PE firm called Abraaj (with investments from IFC, CDC, Proparco, etc) before they went under and the investment was given to another PE firm called TPG to manage. There was no equity contribution from Lagos State. None at all. Other than licensing and accreditation which the investors paid for.

By the way, this is not Dr Hammond’s project. Get your facts right please.

It is a 165 bed state of the art hospital in Lagos. Only a foolish governor will decline the opportunity to be part of the opening that comes with ‘visibility’ that politicians crave.

Huh?! Comprehension deficit?
Did I say anywhere at all that it was not a pure private hospital? shocked

Nonetheless, let me reaffirm (and will do so as many times as necessary) that it was Dr. Cecil Hammond’s Hospital project, with Sharpooji Pallonji as the main contractors, before it was acquired (I believe sometime around 2016 or 2017). As for the ultimate developers and its financing, let’s just say that Temilade led the process through various iterations, and just leave it at that.
>
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 8:36am On Mar 12, 2021
seguno2:
Careful how you shake your damn head so it does not fall and break up into tiny pieces.
Where did I say building good hospitals by the government (which this one is not) is a bad thing? Did you get confused with shaking your damn head in reading my comment? Or how did you get everything mixed up?

Meanwhile, someone who is functionally literate should know that more government hospitals and clinics built, does not automatically translate into the recruitment of healthcare workers.

Would it instead result in the recruitment of more Olodos?! grin
>
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 12, 2021
9jaRealist:

Nonetheless, let me reaffirm (and will do so as many times as necessary) that it was Dr. Cecil Hammond’s Hospital project, with Sharpooji Pallonji as the main contractors, before it was acquired (I believe sometime around 2016 or 2017). As for the ultimate developers and its financing, let’s just say that Temilade led the process through various iterations, and just leave it at that.
>

Let me explain quickly..

Dr Hammond was trying to build something there a long time ago but couldn’t raise enough money from banks so it was abandoned as an incomplete building. It was later taken over by the PE investor, Abraaj (on behalf of its Health Fund) who appointed the Indian contractor, Sharpooji Pallonji, to come and build that hospital. Abraaj later went under and another international Private Equity investor, TPG took over the management of the fund.

So Dr Hammond has absolutely nothing to do with this Evercare Hospital.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by seguno2: 9:13am On Mar 12, 2021
9jaRealist:
Would it instead result in the recruitment of more Olodos?! grin
>

Instead of all these back and forth, you could have simply provided the statistics of how many healthcare workers Tinubu and his cronies recruited since 1999, assuming that they did anything significant on that level.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 9:18am On Mar 12, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:
Let me explain quickly..

Dr Hammond was trying to build something there a long time ago but couldn’t raise enough money from banks so it was abandoned as an incomplete building. It was later taken over by the PE investor, Abraaj (on behalf of Evercare Health Fund) who appointed the Indian contractor, Sharpooji Pallonji, to come and build that hospital. Abraaj later went under and another international Private Equity investor, TPG took over the management of the fund.

9jaRealist:

>

Sadly, all I see is someone still laboring under a comprehension deficit? embarassed

Pray, what confused you the most? The word “acquired”?
Or was it 2016 or 2017, for a project ultimately completed in 2021?! SMH
>
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by lexy2014: 9:27am On Mar 12, 2021
9jaRealist:

Not difficult at all for me...
But it would serve you better to figure it out. grin
>

Since u have figured it out, answering d question shouldn't be a challenge:

is this a private hospital or a state govt hospital?
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 12, 2021
9jaRealist:

Sadly, all I see is someone still laboring under a comprehension deficit? embarassed

What confused the most? The word “acquired”?
Or was it 2016 or 2017, for a project ultimately completed in 2021?! SMH
>

Thought I should give you proper education on something you know nothing about but pretend to know a lot about. Someone using google extensively is very different from someone that has the real facts. By the way, I know where you pulled that info from online so stop acting all smart on a faceless forum full of your fellow students and idle youths grin

Now go and get busy boy and stop wasting precious time online. Nobody knows when ASUU will call off the strike o. So I suggest you enter streets to go hustle. Time waits for no man. Adios! wink
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by lexy2014: 9:31am On Mar 12, 2021
9jaRealist:

but this project used to be Dr, Cecil Hammond’s Hospital, which received very visible governmental support when it was first initiated.
>

what is d "very visible government support" this hospital received?
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 9:39am On Mar 12, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:
Thought I should give you proper education on something you know nothing about but pretend to know a lot about. Someone using google extensively is very different from someone that has the real facts. By the way, I know where you pulled that info from online so stop acting all smart on a faceless forum full of your fellow students and idle youths. Laughable grin

Now go and get busy boy and stop wasting precious time online. Nobody knows when ASUU will call off the strike o. So I suggest you enter streets to go hustle. Time waits for no man. Adios! wink

grin grin grin

“Proper education” from someone struggling with basic concepts like “acquire”?!

So after the pedantic drivel, what have we learned?
Dr. Hammond started a hospital project there...check:
Dr. Hammond could not complete said project...check;
Dr. Hammond sold the project in 2016 or 2017...check;
The buyers renamed the project and completed it in 2021...check.

In other words, it took several paragraphs of driveling to repeat my already stated facts. CHECKMATE! cool
>
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 9:41am On Mar 12, 2021
lexy2014:
what is d "very visible government support" this hospital received?

Whoever the Health Commissioner was (either Dr. Pitan or his successor) was gung ho about the project. Certainly promoted it.
>
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by lexy2014: 9:43am On Mar 12, 2021
9jaRealist:

Whoever the Health Commissioner was (either Dr. Pitan or his successor) was hung ho about the project. Certainly promoted it.
>

Promoted it how? Is that the "very visible government support"?
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 9:45am On Mar 12, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:
Thought I should give you proper education on something you know nothing about but pretend to know a lot about. Someone using google extensively is very different from someone that has the real facts. By the way, I know where you pulled that info from online so stop acting all smart on a faceless forum full of your fellow students and idle youths grin

Meanwhile, I see where your basic issues arise from...
Unlike you, I am not a victim of what passes for an “education” system in Nigeria. grin grin grin
>
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by EmekaA125(m): 9:45am On Mar 12, 2021
Psychiatric covid-19 updater in Lagos. Tinubu boy
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 9:49am On Mar 12, 2021
lexy2014:
Promoted it how? Is that the "very visible government support"?

Visibility means seen...
As already severally noted on this thread, support is not always Naira and kobo.

Unlike some here, I don’t pretend to know what negotiations (if any) occur between governments and investors...
Nonetheless, just as when governors, etc., go to visit the Dangote Refinery, officialdom can demonstrate support through cheerleading.
>
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 12, 2021
9jaRealist:

grin grin grin

“Proper education” from someone struggling with basic concepts like “acquire”?!

So after the pedantic drivel, what have we learned?
Dr. Hammond started a hospital project there...check:
Dr. Hammond could not complete said project...check;
Dr. Hammond sold the project in 2016 or 2017...check;
The buyers renamed the project and completed it in 2021...check.

In other words, it took several paragraphs of driveling to repeat my already stated facts. CHECK.
>

This is my last response to you as it is very obvious I’m dealing with an idle youth sitting at home using google to appear smart. Dr Hammond did not sell the project! I won’t go into the details but i suggest you just keep shut and get busy. Stop talking about what you do not know.

I repeat that you should find something useful to do with your life instead of trying to prove your intelligence on a faceless forum. Use that time wey you dey use google to do something productive with your life. Time waits for no man.

Final adios to a jobless youth wink
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by lexy2014: 9:56am On Mar 12, 2021
9jaRealist:

Visibility means seen...
As already severally noted on this thread, support is not always Naira and kobo.

Unlike some here, I don’t pretend to know what negotiations (if any) occur between governments and investors...
Nonetheless, just as when governors, etc., go to visit the Dangote Refinery, officialdom can demonstrate support through cheerleading.
>

Am glad u no d meaning of visible but so far u haven't been able to tell us the "very visible government support" the hospital received. Remember u also emphasized the type of visible by calling it "very visible...".

Over to u...what was d "very visible government support" the hospital received?
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 10:11am On Mar 12, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

I see the reference to Dr. Hammond was quickly removed after you found you goofed... grin grin grin

Lazyyouth4u:
Let me explain quickly..

Dr Hammond was trying to build something there a long time ago but couldn’t raise enough money from banks so it was abandoned as an incomplete building. It was later taken over by the PE investor, Abraaj (on behalf of Evercare Health Fund) who appointed the Indian contractor, Sharpooji Pallonji, to come and build that hospital. Abraaj later went under and another international Private Equity investor, TPG took over the management of the fund.

Nope! Abraaj did NOT take over Dr. Hammond’s project “on behalf Evercare Heslth Fund”.
Abraaj’s Global Healthcare Fund was RENAMED Evercare Health Fund only after it was taken over by TPG and others in 2019. grin grin grin
>
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 12, 2021
lexy2014:

Am glad u no d meaning of visible but so far u haven't been able to tell us the "very visible government support" the hospital received. Remember u also emphasized the type of visible by calling it "very visible...".

Give the boy some time. He’s on the internet frantically searching for the answer. He will be back shortly grin
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 10:14am On Mar 12, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:
This is my last response to you as it is very obvious I’m dealing with an idle youth sitting at home using google to appear smart. Dr Hammond did not sell the project! I won’t go into the details but i suggest you just keep shut and get busy. Stop talking about what you do not know.

I repeat that you should find something useful to do with your life instead of trying to prove your intelligence on a faceless forum. Use that time wey you dey use google to do something productive with your life. Time waits for no man.

Final adios to a jobless youth wink

Juvenile semantics...
One way or another, it was ACQUIRED by the subsequent developers. grin grin grin
>
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by leokid866: 10:15am On Mar 12, 2021
capitalzero:

The hospital will reduce medical tourism for politicians.poor people don't even seek medical treatment in abroad.
It is overt capitalism that will destroy Nigeria.
you know what stick to your beliefs.....I ain't got no time for this......
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 10:16am On Mar 12, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:
Give the boy some time. He’s on the internet frantically searching for the answer. He will be back shortly grin

You mean like your misinformation about the Evercare Health Fund? grin grin grin

Meanwhile, he’s GONE BACK to re-edit and re-enter the Dr. Hammond reference...
This dude is really bothered by anonymous posters on the Internet. How INSECURE! grin grin grin
>
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by MakeMoves: 10:16am On Mar 12, 2021
Like it’s not the same outdated Nigerian medical curriculum they’ll use to treat...

Like it’s not the same NEPA and generator they’ll use for those machines which are designed for stable steady-state electricity...

Like it’s not the same archaic laws which would govern treatments( eg. police report—still practiced)...

Like the medical personnel and establishment aren’t mostly after your money...

Like I just wish things can be better...
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 10:23am On Mar 12, 2021
lexy2014:

Don’t you dudes have enough with the juvenile semantics...
It was VERY VISIBLE to me, because I came across it when I was not even living in Nigeria.

Let’s quit chasing childish and churlish semantic shadows...
When a government functionary expresses public support for a project, that’s currency.
>
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 10:27am On Mar 12, 2021
MakeMoves:
Like it’s not the same outdated Nigerian medical curriculum they’ll use to treat...

Like it’s not the same NEPA and generator they’ll use for those machines which are designed for stable steady-state electricity...

Like it’s not the same archaic laws which would govern treatments( eg. police report—still practiced)...

Like the medical personnel and establishment aren’t mostly after your money...

Like I just wish things can be better...

No, it’s not. They are a multinational healthcare group...
They will use specialists and even Nigerian repats from across the globe.

Btw, do generators in Nigeria work any differently from generators elsewhere?
Not sure why you think running generators is unreliable. All electricity is generated by some form of generator.
>
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos) by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 12, 2021
9jaRealist:

You mean like your misinformation about the Evercare Health Fund? grin grin grin

Meanwhile, he’s GONE BACK to re-edit and re-enter the Dr. Hammond reference...
This dude is really bothered by anonymous posters on the Internet. How INSECURE! grin grin grin
>

Boy, stop editing my comments. I’ve moved on and suggest you do too. Haba, you no get work? Enter streets go hustle na. Which kain idleness be this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Grow A Big Chest Without Using Gym Equipment / Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' / How To Erase Tribal Marks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.