Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? (21370 Views)

My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views / 61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos / How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by ScamHunter: 11:05pm On Mar 13, 2021
ayenale1:
My sister marry him so that he can change and be born again...nothing is impossible...

The most unwise comment yet

1 Like

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Picomon(m): 11:07pm On Mar 13, 2021
Humanity first before anything. If you both love each other, respect each other and have high level of tolerance then you are good to go.

Even the religious books asked its followers/disciples to put humanity first. If we all can put that first then the world would be a better place.

Ever wondered why a particular religion is against marrying from the same faith? Yet they worship the same son and father.

See, before you tie the knot, both of you should sit and discuss how you will handle the religion differences. If your view align then no hassle.

3 Likes

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by sichri(m): 11:07pm On Mar 13, 2021
Religion is a big issue in Nigeria. Differences in denominations could even cause a serious rift in a marriage if not properly handled, let alone differences in religion.

Trust me, it matters a great deal, because whether we accept it or not, religion affects our general perspective to life.

However, if both of you can agree to disagree, no qualms. Las las, it's your decision.

Onyi22:
From my inbox

I met this guy in my final year in school, we almost shared the same view in life, he possesed all the qualities I need in a man.

He's so caring, kind, handsome, a good pay Job n from a humble home, I can't deny the fact that I Love him.

But the issue is that he's a Muslim while am a christian lady.

Pls house does religion matters in marriage

1 Like

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Tonalphs(f): 11:12pm On Mar 13, 2021
Gentle0wavez:
Why would you be asking this, Yes it's important. It doesn't matter how nice he is, as long as he is an unbeliever, he is disqualified. The bible say don't be equally yoked ( marriage ) with unbelievers
sir, the bible said don't be unequally yoked with unbelievers. it clearly means that the relationship is not equal.
but if it's what you're quoting 'equally yoked", it means the relationship is an equal one.
a Christian to Christian relationship is an equally yoked. but a Christian to another relationship is an unequally yoked.
thank you sir

2 Likes

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by mywells: 11:13pm On Mar 13, 2021
Christian should marry Christian,while the Muslim should marry their own Muslim,and the traditional should marry their traditions and let there be Ballance,it's very comprehensive other way round.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by babtoundey(m): 11:13pm On Mar 13, 2021
Ladycewhy:
Just so you know, a Muslim man is encouraged to marry non muslim Ladies to propagate islam but they are ready to kill their own daughter if she dares bring a Christian man home for marriage.

The question is are you ready to wear hijab and slam your head six times a day on the floor? Cos you and your children cannot escape it.

How can someone be this stupidly insensitive as to denegrating other people's mode if worship as "slam your head"!
And these are t he first sect of people to attack others for being intolerant...

8 Likes

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by ALISMILE(m): 11:14pm On Mar 13, 2021
Gentle0wavez:
Why would you be asking this, Yes it's important. It doesn't matter how nice he is, as long as he is an unbeliever, he is disqualified. The bible say don't be equally yoked ( marriage ) with unbelievers
And if this were to come from a Muslim am just trying to imagine what you would have called him

2 Likes

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by lasrondo: 11:15pm On Mar 13, 2021
Even denominational difference matters
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:15pm On Mar 13, 2021
Religion is never a problem, but it worths taken into consideration when choosing a partner.

When I was searching for a partner then, I always asked two vital things from the beginning; 1) your genotype. 2) religion.

If we are on the same page religiously, and compatible in the genotype aspect, then we are good to go.

If we are compatible in genotype but different in religion, I would withdraw.

I used to consider religion for the sake of my children.

Consider religion, pls.

Thanks.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Haywiz1122: 11:18pm On Mar 13, 2021
OP you’re a fool

I see you stylishly hating on Muslims... keep wailing with you and your fellow Christians

The British brought Christianity to Nigeria, look at how they are living their life with Tolerance be it religiously and other people view/opinions

Don’t call anybody “unbeliever” they have their own religion and that’s what cause hatred

OP marry who you wan marry and don’t in your life come here to spark religious hatred.

If you’re a MuMu Muslim girl wey Carry religious for head then don’t marry “Otedola” when you find one likewise any Christian girl should marry “Dangote” at any given chance
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by MackDams(m): 11:22pm On Mar 13, 2021
Ever struggled and wondered how beautiful graphic designs are created using canva?

This 'CANVA' e-book with a step-by-step learning technique is what you need to skill up.

Get yours here & thank me later!
http:///EbookCD

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by ALISMILE(m): 11:22pm On Mar 13, 2021
Gentle0wavez:

To us as Christians, Muslims are unbelievers. So also to them as Muslims, we Christians are unbelievers. So we are all guilty
You people's ignorance about Islam is just sickening

Yet, you people are proud to display that very ignorance

Why is it difficult to make u understand that you got to speak only for ur religion

1 Like

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by ImaIma1(f): 11:22pm On Mar 13, 2021
Onyi22:
From my inbox

I met this guy in my final year in school, we almost shared the same view in life, he possesed all the qualities I need in a man.

He's so caring, kind, handsome, a good pay Job n from a humble home, I can't deny the fact that I Love him.

I was in this situation once. Man of my dreams but muslim. I just badged in on him praying and it changed my mind. We won't be able to pray...agree in faith together.

It matters.

2 Likes

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Phred1717: 11:25pm On Mar 13, 2021
Love can conquer all if ONLY you stand on what you believe in.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by ALISMILE(m): 11:26pm On Mar 13, 2021
Arijude:
all muslims are fanatical.
Yet Tinubu's wife is pastor in one of the popular churches

Same for fashola
Same for saraki
Same for Amosun

Show me one popular Christian politician whose wife is a Muslim

You people are bigots

4 Likes

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Obakashdee(m): 11:26pm On Mar 13, 2021
The effects will be on the children, what religion will they follow? I’m sure both of you will never agree that one is superior to the other, now the Bible says can two walk together except they agree? i rest case
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Haywiz1122: 11:27pm On Mar 13, 2021
I’ve gone deeper into both religious talk find the holes.

The Christians are always low key frustrating other religious be it Muslims and traditional but they will play victim card once they are given back the hate.

And I also found out that some Muslims can be so stupid that they don’t even question their religious teachings, the world is changing.

Why carry religious for head. It’s not only Nigeria Christians that will go to heaven. people in India, China and rest of the words believe in other religion so start to respect them...

even the Israelites are Jews not Christians

The Bible was edited by King James of England when nobody believed it “king James version” but they use it to colonize us

Go deeper into religious root then you’ll find out both Muslim and Christian be mumu. Believe in God and respect other people faith as long as they don’t fit the devil explained to you in your teachings.

2 Likes

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by ALISMILE(m): 11:28pm On Mar 13, 2021
ImaIma1:

I was in this situation once. Man of my dreams but muslim. I just badged in on him praying and it changed my mind. We won't be able to pray...agree in faith together.

It matters.
So you would have preferred he is a Muslim who does not pray?

You Christians sha

2 Likes

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Kasalee001(m): 11:29pm On Mar 13, 2021
Gentle0wavez:

Religion and division.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by digitalman2811(m): 11:30pm On Mar 13, 2021
It matters, can you keep a gentle Buffalo and a nice Rhino in the same room?
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Prajonis: 11:31pm On Mar 13, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
No.

So long as none of you have any fanatical view about his/her religion
You took the words out of my mouth. Some religions like JW and Islam are down right fanatical. However, many christian based faiths have taints of fanaticism to such an extent that Daddy G.O. calls the shots even in the matrimonial homes of their followers. In my opinion, it is hard to remove the stain of fanaticism from religion and when you get married to a devout of a religion who shares contradictory views with yours, your marriage bond will crack at some point. Best to marry someone from your own religion. For the non religious like me, i will naturally settle for a non religious person too.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by juman(m): 11:31pm On Mar 13, 2021
Muslim should marry only muslim.

1 Like

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by urbobo20(m): 11:32pm On Mar 13, 2021
take not she cant do without prayer infact if i dont go weekly service na quarell
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by aalangel(f): 11:34pm On Mar 13, 2021
Onyi22:
From my inbox

Yes!!!!!!
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Yustash001(m): 11:36pm On Mar 13, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

Life is govern by Believe and Faith which ultimately effects and affects ones thinking which is what we call mindset.

Religious tolerance must always be accommodated in any society and this is my stand.

As regards marriage the Christian faith has certain standards in choosing suitors or spinsters so also does Islam.

If memory serves me right both religion disagree as regards this matter owing to what they stand for in choosing a life partner and what follows afterwards.

To answer your question - yes religious background matters in choosing a life partner.
In Islam, it is permissible for a Muslim man to marry a Christian or a Jew woman but a Muslim woman marrying a man other than a Muslim is not permissible

1 Like

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Haywiz1122: 11:37pm On Mar 13, 2021
saphiere:
Yes it does. God warns against it.

Which God, because their is only one God who created all of us and how come? Maybe Christians has their own God somewhere lol
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by CAPITALBEE: 11:38pm On Mar 13, 2021
Op! Religion does matter when making decisions such as this... Your future and that of your unborn children is at stake here.

Besides, if at all you truly practice your religion... You shouldn't be asking this question because you already know the answer!

Between... Op! Sha be ready to perform Far'd Ghusl on your wedding night! Your kettle and prayer mat have already been secured! grin

Onyi22:
From my inbox

I met this guy in my final year in school, we almost shared the same view in life, he possess all the qualities I need in a man.

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by saphiere(f): 11:38pm On Mar 13, 2021
Haywiz1122:

Which God, because their is only one God who created all of us and how come? Maybe Christians has their own God somewhere lol
Yes we have our own God.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by urbobo20(m): 11:38pm On Mar 13, 2021
If you are a true christan bring people to christ through ur behaviour at least her mun her elder sister and her are now christan through our married
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by nyiamfrank: 11:40pm On Mar 13, 2021
Onyi22:
From my inbox

very big matter o!

he is likely... not likely... surely gonna convert you to Islam. if that happens, no wahazzx. but if you venture convert him to Christianity, expect the biggest catastrophy in your marital home which may lead to your dead, his own or you both.

experience matters
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by ALISMILE(m): 11:42pm On Mar 13, 2021
babtoundey:

How can someone be this stupidly insensitive as to denegrating other people's mode if worship as "slam your head"!
And these are t he first sect of people to attack others for being intolerant...
the way Christians hate Muslims is just sickening

They will start pretending like they hate only the extremists
LIES, they hate all Muslims just for being Muslims

Particularly the ibo Christians

One pastor came to my office one day to thank me for a favor
The pastor so convinced himself that am a Christian
When he got to know my tribe which has a good percentage of both religions, he started attacking Muslims and Islam.
When true caller brought out my name after he collected my phone number, he then enquired about my religion and found out that am Muslim
The hypocrite started to apologise
But I didn't let his vituperation deter me at all

2 Likes

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Prajonis: 11:46pm On Mar 13, 2021
The fact that there are so many religions all explaining God in different lights is enough reason to convince me that God is far from religion. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west all day everyday. If the sun is such a certainty, then the one who made it shouldn't be muddled in so much contradictions. Except of course he doesn't even want to found by over zealous peeps.lol cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Reveals How He Dealt With His Son For Mocking Someone / Reno Omokri: 'Arranged Marriages Have The Least Divorce. Avoid Premarital Sex' / Warren Buffett Cuts Off Adopted Granddaughter From His Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.