Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,705 members, 7,813,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law (5049 Views)

Why Do Christians Reject Old Testament Laws But Stick To Tithing / Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order / Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by truespeak: 5:54pm On Mar 17, 2021
Ken4Christ:

I didn't stop there. He already abolished the Law in a justified manner. So, we are not saying the same thing. And there are scores of evidences to buttress my point.

Not True!

For the Law is "It is the Authority who Expressed A Law that Must Abolish or Repeal that same Law"!

Thus Christ Having Expressly Declared that He had not come to Repeal or Abolish the Law meaning that the Law is Still in Force, Must then Expressly Declare that He has Abolished that Law.

And seeing as He has Not Done So, nor did He Ever So Declare the Abolishment or Repeal of same, thus the Law Remains in Full Force!

You Wrongly and Erroneously Rely on Paul, for Paul being the Lower, Has No Authority to Repeal a Law Expressed by His Superior and Never at anytime, Repealed by that Same Authority, Exactly as a Lower Court Cannot go outside the Precedent laid by a Higher Court not to talk of "Abolishing" shocked the Pronouncement of a Higher Court!

Haba, This Can Never Be Done!

Thus You do Err.

Further, You do Paul a Great Injustice, in that Paul, above all Persons, being a Lawyer and a very Astute one at that knows this Too Well and Would Never seek to Undermine nor go Contrary to Superior Orders/Pronouncement of the Law!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:09pm On Mar 17, 2021
You can't eat your cake and have it! cheesy

Only JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES can substantiate with the scriptures that Christians don't need the Mosaic laws anymore but since you're against us then face your warrant. cheesy
Jesus said you people will never agree on anything called FAITH because FAITH belongs only to those who want to subject themselves to the truth and it's obvious that you guys don't want that so there will never be PEACE among you! Luke 11:23 grin

Ken4Christ:

What further evidence do you need. Or are you a Jehovah's Witness? They are one group that denies the truth of God's word even in the face of infallible evidences.
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by truespeak: 6:17pm On Mar 17, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
Let me show you the Law interpretations of those key statements you hold

Means you do not care about The Law! The Law no dey touch your soul and you can not be bothered about it, to simply put it!

Interpretation! You are delivered and saved from not "Feeling" The LAW (The Dead do not feel), To Now Feeling the Presence and Power of The Law!

Interpretation: Christ is The Goal of The Law (End in Law means Goal, Aim or Destination!!

When you come to Romans 6 you get to learn about Laws of Sins of which the class actually started at Romans 3.

Thus, this verse is in direct reference to The Law of Sin and Death which All Law breakers are Under, but when ye keep The Law, and ye do it's Righteousness, ye are passed over and above The Law of Sin and death into eternal Life!

This is The Law Interpretations of those Statements and it's understanding thereof!

Lawyers in the house, please is this not the interpretations of Law? Truespeak, hupernikao, ogaemeka (even if you were once unjustly my adversary, I think it just to mention you) etc

I could not have said it better myself!

It is the Grave Duty of Lawers to Explain, Expound and Interprete the Law to the Understanding and Grasping of ground (lay) men!

I will Love to see the minds of other Law(y)ers here on Nairaland!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 6:33pm On Mar 17, 2021
Ken4Christ:

The early Apostles had a meeting because of this same issue of the Law of Moses. And they concluded that it was no longer necessary. Please try and read the Bible thoroughly before making your argument. The Scripture must be interpreted in harmony with all parts of the Bible. And the revelation contained in the New Testament is what God wants the church to live by.

Acts 15:5-6
5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to COMMAND THEM TO KEEP THE LAW OF MOSES

grin I knew you will go there! I just set Aright this Acts 15 with another here a few days back!

Let me take short-cut,

1) First, you do understand that Verse 1 clearly shows how The Law can be perverted, which I spoke of?

Then Verse 21 shows you the Answer to that Pervertion to wit-
"Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us (The same in Verse 1) have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised...

2) Do you see that the quarrel was based on keeping The Law given to Moses? Verse 5

Sheybi dey were the Disciples of Christ and were with Christ, so how then would The Law of Moses be an Issue among their own members (not another group oh) if they were not teaching in Accordance to the Spirit of The Law?

Verily, they must teach "the law" of which you speak about and their members must teach it, Exactly as A JW must teach JW things!

And since they Truly taught The Law of Moses, what then was the Consideration was it not based on The Law of Moses?

Verse 13, James Answers, Restating The Law "It is Written" as Christ does in Verse 15, not the New Law which you erroneously lay but an "It Is Written!"

Thanks be To The Lord that James was at that Resolution of The Law for He Clearly and Unequivocally and Unambiguously said

James 1:25
"But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

James 2:8, 11, 12.
"If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

12 [b]So speak ye, and so do,l as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Hope you see Now, you have further assisted me in Establishing that The Law Given to Moses is Very Much in Force and that it was not "Abolished" as you erroneously said!

I thank you for compelling me to dig deeper into this issue, therefore I pray The Good Lord give you a blessing and with it more understanding, through Christ Jesus, The Lord, Our God!

Thank you!

Ken4Christ:

What further evidence do you need. Or are you a Jehovah's Witness? They are one group that denies the truth of God's word even in the face of infallible evidences.

No sir, I am not.

I love Truths very very much, even if I do not like it.

And All Truths are Verifiable and Consistent since they are Established and Backed by The Power of God in being Very Very Solid like the Solid Ground Under Feet and not Swampy Grounds or Slippery Surfaces or Fragile Glass Grounds!

But.SOLID ROCKS!

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 6:35pm On Mar 17, 2021
truespeak:

I could not have said it better myself!

It is the Grave Duty of Lawers to Explain, Expound and Interprete the Law to the Understanding and Grasping of ground (lay) men!

I will Love to see the minds of other Law(y)ers here on Nairaland!

I would love to see law(y)ers identify themselves as one, as they make their Truthful Contributions here!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by truespeak: 6:42pm On Mar 17, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I would love to see law(y)ers identify themselves as one, as they make their Truthful Contributions here!

@ the Bolded cheesy Very True!

I am in Agreement, for Truth is the Law and the Law is Truth!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 6:45pm On Mar 17, 2021
Ken4Christ:

Please read about 20 references below to understand the fact that the Law of Moses has been abolished. The Bible cannot contradict itself. It can't say that the Law has been abolished in over 20 verse or passages and then nullify it with one verse of Scripture.

Bible Evidences that confirms that the Law of Moses has been abolished.

1. John 1:17.
2. Acts 13:39.
3. Acts 15:5,6,10,11,24,29.
4. Romans 3:20,28
5. Romans 6:14
6. Romans 7:1-6
7. Romans 8:1-4
8. Romans 10:3-5
9. 2 Corinthians 3:6-16
10. Galatians 2:16-21
11. Galatians 3:10-13
12. Galatians 3:17-18
13. Galatians 3:19,21, 24,25
14. Galatians 4:4-5
15. Galatians 5:1-6
16. Ephesians 2:15
17. Colossians 2:14, 20
18. Hebrews 7:12
19. Hebrews 7:18,19
20. Hebrews 8:6-8

Please be honest to read them all before making your response. You ought to be thankful that I am opening your eyes to see the truth unless you are a child of perdition.

20? 20 Reads?

Now you are trying to Bury Me with unreasonable burdens, hope you know this clearly shows that your claim is VERY WEAK and therefore it is not True, For Truth is A Solid Rock like Law, sorry Wall! grin

It is The Law, "Truth is Not Established by a Sea of Heads"!

But I'll examine them, though ye ought to know that you have been running all over the place trying to flee!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 6:46pm On Mar 17, 2021
truespeak:

@ the Bolded cheesy Very True!

I am in Agreement for Truth is the Law and the Law is Truth!

And The Law is Truth!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by truespeak: 7:09pm On Mar 17, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

20? 20 Reads?

Now you are trying to Bury Me with unreasonable burdens, hope you know this clearly shows that your claim is VERY WEAK and therefore it is not True, For Truth is A Solid Rock like Law, sorry Wall! grin

grin Law is indeed a Wall and when spelt backwards it reads "Wal(l)"

Dtruthspeaker:

It is The Law, "Truth is Not Established by a Sea of Heads"!

grin grin You just took me way back to my Law Schooling days and Very First Time it was Put before us!

This is a Very Apt Application of this Concrete Truth!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 7:17pm On Mar 17, 2021
Get Ready to Fall Again!

Ken4Christ:

1. John 1:17.
2. Acts 13:39.
3. Acts 15:5,6,10,11,24,29.

1. John 1:17. - Interpretation
"For The Law was given by Moses, (and was Subverted by the people) but grace and Truth (of The Law) came by Christ (Brought back by Christ)"

2. Acts 13:39-
"And by Him all that believe are justified from all things, from which he could not be justified by the (Subverted) law of Moses.

3. Acts 15:5,6,10,11,24,29.(Disposed Already)

Therefore, by the deeds (doings, thank God Again you raised this for was the doings of the law good? Malachi 2:8 and The Prophets have Already Answered you) of the (Subverted) Law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight; by the (Subverted) law is the knowledge of sin!

Oya, take Am! grin
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 7:20pm On Mar 17, 2021
truespeak:

grin Law is indeed a Wall and when spelt backwards it reads "Wal(l)"

grin grin You just took me way back to my Law Schooling days and Very First Time it was Put before us!

This is a Very Apt Application of this Concrete Truth!

The Law! grin
Nothing like The Law. grin

It so resembles The Lord in so many ways!

Mmh! Come to think of it, The "Law'd" or "Lawed" so Close to The Lord! grin
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by truespeak: 7:29pm On Mar 17, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The Law! grin
Nothing like The Law. grin

It so resembles The Lord in so many ways!

Mmh! Come to think of it, The "Law'd" or "Lawed" so Close to The Lord! grin

Oh Yeah! Saw that too. They are One and the Same! grin

Hence the Fear of the Law is the Fear of the Law(d)/(Lord)!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 7:44pm On Mar 17, 2021
Ken4Christ:

5. Romans 6:14
6. Romans 7:1-6
7. Romans 8:1-4
8. Romans 10:3-5
9. 2 Corinthians 3:6-16
10. Galatians 2:16-21

5. Romans 6:14- Treated! Repetition of John 1:17

6. Romans 7:1-6- Treated! You raised it up in your post earlier and I put it down

7. Romans 8:1-4- Treated same as John 1:17

8. Romans 10:3-5- grin Now you commited Selfcide for it clearly Proves All I have Said in saying

"For they being ignorant (willfully putting Away) God's Righteousness and going about to establish their own righteousness have not submitted to the righteousness of God" Exactly as Written in Malachi grin as I have been telling you since the beginning!

9. 2 Corinthians 3:6-16.- you laid this earlier and I shot it down! Repetition will not give it your validity!

10. Galatians 2:16-21- Same as John 1:17

Ehen, I have done away with 10!

This is a wickedness oh, but I understand, you think I shall flee from the overburden!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 7:47pm On Mar 17, 2021
truespeak:

Oh Yeah! Saw that too. They are One and the Same! grin

Hence the Fear of the Law is the Fear of the Law(d)/(Lord)!

Yea The Fear of The Law! grin
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by sonmvayina(m): 8:00pm On Mar 17, 2021
Psalm 104:29-31
New International Version

29 When you hide your face,(A)
they are terrified;
when you take away their breath,
they die and return to the dust.(B)
30 When you send your Spirit,(C)
they are created,
and you renew the face of the ground.

31 May the glory of the Lord(D) endure forever;
may the Lord rejoice in his works(E)—

Dtruthspeaker and kobojonkie...

No insults...

Please, how does jesus feature in this equation?
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Ken4Christ: 8:32pm On Mar 17, 2021
truespeak:

Not True!

For the Law is "It is the Authority who Expressed A Law that Must Abolish or Repeal that same Law"!

Thus Christ Having Expressly Declared that He had not come to Repeal or Abolish the Law meaning that the Law is Still in Force, Must then Expressly Declare that He has Abolished that Law.

And seeing as He has Not Done So, nor did He Ever So Declare the Abolishment or Repeal of same, thus the Law Remains in Full Force!

You Wrongly and Erroneously Rely on Paul, for Paul being the Lower, Has No Authority to Repeal a Law Expressed by His Superior and Never at anytime, Repealed by that Same Authority, Exactly as a Lower Court Cannot go outside the Precedent laid by a Higher Court not to talk of "Abolishing" shocked the Pronouncement of a Higher Court!

Haba, This Can Never Be Done!

Thus You do Err.

Further, You do Paul a Great Injustice, in that Paul, above all Persons, being a Lawyer and a very Astute one at that knows this Too Well and Would Never seek to Undermine nor go Contrary to Superior Orders/Pronouncement of the Law!

You choose to remain under the curse of the Law of Moses. May the curse follow you and your generation. As for me, I embrace the grace that Jesus brought.

The just shall live by faith.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Ken4Christ: 8:34pm On Mar 17, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

5. Romans 6:14- Treated! Repetition of John 1:17

6. Romans 7:1-6- Treated! You raised it up in your post earlier and I put it down

7. Romans 8:1-4- Treated same as John 1:17

8. Romans 10:3-5- grin Now you commited Selfcide for it clearly Proves All I have Said in saying

"For they being ignorant (willfully putting Away) God's Righteousness and going about to establish their own righteousness have not submitted to the righteousness of God" Exactly as Written in Malachi grin as I have been telling you since the beginning!

9. 2 Corinthians 3:6-16.- you laid this earlier and I shot it down! Repetition will not give it your validity!

10. Galatians 2:16-21- Same as John 1:17

Ehen, I have done away with 10!

This is a wickedness oh, but I understand, you think I shall flee from the overburden!

There is no redemption for you. You are lying against your own conscience.
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:01pm On Mar 17, 2021
Arguments, Abuses, Insults and CURSES all in the name of FAITH in Christ Jesus! Matthew 5:43-44 embarassed

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, may God continue to bless you guys for locating me! John 13:34-35

Ken4Christ:

You choose to remain under the curse of the Law of Moses. May the curse follow you and your generation. As for me, I embrace the grace that Jesus brought.

Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 9:20pm On Mar 17, 2021
sonmvayina:
Psalm 104:29-31
New International Version

29 When you hide your face,(A)
they are terrified;
when you take away their breath,
they die and return to the dust.(B)
30 When you send your Spirit,(C)
they are created,
and you renew the face of the ground.

31 May the glory of the Lord(D) endure forever;
may the Lord rejoice in his works(E)—

Dtruthspeaker and kobojonkie...

No insults...

Please, how does jesus feature in this equation?

Verse 31 has Already Answered You, "The Lord" is The Same Who is Called "Jesus, The Christ!"

Raise up this Question as thread of its own Exactly as it is here, I too will export/import my Answer here to that place and we can proceed in an orderly and tidy manner over there!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 9:35pm On Mar 17, 2021
Ken4Christ:

There is no redemption for you.

See, Exactly what the Subverters and Perverters Said and Taught in Acts 15:1

Ken4Christ:

You are lying against your own conscience.

If I lie, you and others here would not waste a second to point out that I have lied!

But I understand, you are saying "let me go my way", so I indeed let you go!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by truespeak: 9:58pm On Mar 17, 2021
Ken4Christ:

grin grin grin

"He that Keepeth the Law Feareth No Condemnation"! grin grin grin
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 8:15am On Mar 18, 2021
Ken4Christ:

There is no redemption for you. You are lying against your own conscience.

Further Peter Answers you for he clearly told you what I had even told you earlier, That Paul is A Lawyer and Wrote As one, Exactly as The Lord, The Most High Lawyer spoke

2 Peter 3:15-16
"15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

All the writings of The Lord and Paul are Exactly in the Clear and Precise Language and Speech of Law and Every Law,er ought to understand the meaning and interpretation of those Writings, being 'learned' men!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 8:21am On Mar 18, 2021
truespeak:

grin grin grin

"He that Keepeth the Law Feareth No Condemnation"! grin grin grin

He that keepeth The Law Feareth No Accusation!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 9:59am On Mar 18, 2021
Ken4Christ:

15. Galatians 5:1-6
17. Colossians 2:14, 20
18. Hebrews 7:12
19. Hebrews 7:18,19

- "...no man is justified by the law..." If you do not abide by The Law, howcan you be justified by it? (Meaning, how can you raise it up as your Defence?)

Impossible!

13 "Christ has redeemed us from the curse of The Law (in that since you do not continue in all that is written in the book of Law to do them, YE ARE CURSED!)

But Since Christ has Restored the Righteous Law, if ye do them, ye are escaped from the Curse!

Another Self-cide grin for it clearly says "Christ is The Law". Now shall Christ Abolish Himself.abd and commit Selfcide like you? grin

Never!

The Law was our school master to bring us unto Christ. grin Did I not say this earlier and you affirmed it? See
Ken4Christ:

Romans 7:4 For Christ is the END OF THE LAW for righteousness to every one that believeth

Dtruthspeaker
Interpretation: Christ is The Goal of The Law (End in Law means Goal, Aim or Destination!!
grin

"To redeem them that were under the (Perverse) Law!"

15. Galatians 5:1-6 - same as No 11. "He who keeps not The Law can not be defended by it"!

"Having abolished in his flesh, even The Law of Commandments contained in ordinances; (The physical and Corrupted Versions of The Law)

17. Colossians 2:14, 20 Repetition, of No 11 and 16

18. and 19. Hebrews 7:12/ :18,19
See how you are Unlearned? You know not The Law nor the difference thereof!

This Statement pertains to The Law of The Priest and Priesthood Not The Law Of Laws which you erroneously contend with me

8 For finding fault with them... (What fault? The pervasion of it! Malachi 2:6

All is now TOAST!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by sonmvayina(m): 12:59pm On Mar 18, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Verse 31 has Already Answered You, "The Lord" is The Same Who is Called "Jesus, The Christ!"

Raise up this Question as thread of its own Exactly as it is here, I too will export/import my Answer here to that place and we can proceed in an orderly and tidy manner over there!

Ok..
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Ken4Christ: 4:16pm On Mar 18, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

- "...no man is justified by the law..." If you do not abide by The Law, howcan you be justified by it? (Meaning, how can you raise it up as your Defence?)

Impossible!

13 "Christ has redeemed us from the curse of The Law (in that since you do not continue in all that is written in the book of Law to do them, YE ARE CURSED!)

But Since Christ has Restored the Righteous Law, if ye do them, ye are escaped from the Curse!

Another Self-cide grin for it clearly says "Christ is The Law". Now shall Christ Abolish Himself.abd and commit Selfcide like you? grin

Never!

The Law was our school master to bring us unto Christ. grin Did I not say this earlier and you affirmed it? See
grin

"To redeem them that were under the (Perverse) Law!"

15. Galatians 5:1-6 - same as No 11. "He who keeps not The Law can not be defended by it"!

"Having abolished in his flesh, even The Law of Commandments contained in ordinances; (The physical and Corrupted Versions of The Law)

17. Colossians 2:14, 20 Repetition, of No 11 and 16

18. and 19. Hebrews 7:12/ :18,19
See how you are Unlearned? You know not The Law nor the difference thereof!

This Statement pertains to The Law of The Priest and Priesthood Not The Law Of Laws which you erroneously contend with me

8 For finding fault with them... (What fault? The pervasion of it! Malachi 2:6

All is now TOAST!

You are a spiritual fraudster. Let's take some of the Scriptures one after the other. Interprete the Scriptures below;

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is NOT JUSTIFIED BY THE WORKS OF THE LAW, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that WE MIGHT BE JUSTIFIED BY THE FAITH OF CHRIST, and NOT BY THE WORKS OF THE LAW: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is JUSTIFIED BY FAITH WITHOUT THE DEEDS of THE THE LAW.
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by sonmvayina(m): 6:09pm On Mar 18, 2021
Got this from a jewish lady of facebook...happy reading..

Jews do not recognize the god of the NT, and it seems that #for_some_Christians, #they_do_not_recognize_the_Elohm_of_the_Tanakh. And here’s why.
~ by Sara Finegan

The Tanach is, essentially, a record of the first years of a love affair between The Most High and the Jewish People. It contains love poetry (Song of Songs), poems of longing and passion (Psalms), advice and wisdom (Proverbs), allegory (Job, Garden of Eden, etc), history (Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Exodus, Return to the Land, judges, Kings and Chronicles) and records of times when we were at odds with Elohm(Prophets). The structure of our relationship is set forth in the Torah, specifically Numbers, Leviticus and Deuteronomy, but the love, the passion, the abiding and nurturing relationship itself is in the poetry and prose. When Jews read the Tanach, we hold it close, so close to our hearts, and savor the language, the messages of hope and longing by reading passages over and over again, digging ever-more deeply into the nuances and meanings. When we read the words of the Prophets, we don’t focus on the anger and the frustration of The Most High, but His eternal longing for us to return, His desire to remain close to us, His commitment to stay with us even when we stray.

When Christians read the Tanach, they don’t have the same relationship with The Most High, and it’s not a book for and about them. So they read it differently. In their search for meaning, they look for proof: �proof about Jesus, about the replacement of the Jews with believers in Jesus, proof that The Most High has somehow abandoned the Jewish people�. Or, they look at the negative: the anger, the frustration, then threats. They don’t see that as part of a process, a cycle of forgiveness and redemption, but as a sign of Elohm's harsh punishment and that people are bad.

The New Testament is a set of texts: four gospel narratives, a fifth narrative that continues Luke, a bunch of letters from Christian leaders, and a mystical document. Christians read it as the word of Elohm. Their understanding of Word of Adon-i is that it’s all about His love for the world. It’s precious to them, and they read and reread it as love letters from their god. They don’t believe that there are contradictions or conflict between the letters, the gospels, etc. To them, it’s all The Most High's love.

When Jews read the New Testament, we see it as a very strange set of conflicting documents that barely hang together. The four gospels are radically different and even contradictory�. The Jesus that is portrayed in them is barely recognizeable as a Jew of his time. The generalizations about the larger Jewish community are laughable and simplistic. None of it feels realistic in any way. The epistles, mostly from Paul, are viewed as filled with antagonism and hostility toward Jews and Judaism�. The tone is so negative that we can barely stand to read them. The epistle of James, with its barely-disguised hatred of Paul, is more bearable and more recognizeable as coming from some Jewish thought. Revelation is incomprehensible and horrific. We do not recognize our The Most High, the Elohm of Israel, in the New Testament. Our Elohm could not, would not, has not behaved as the Elohm is represented in the NT. We do not have the same world view as the writers of the NT nor the same hopes.

It’s no wonder that there is conflict between Judaism and Christianity. The suprise is really that Christians so desperately want there to be peace and harmony between us, that they want to be connected to Judaism in any way. To Jews, after reading the NT, it seems absurd to think that Christians, with their world view and theology, would want to have anything to do with us. They de-Judaized Jesus, they promoted the writing of a traitor to Judaism, and their belief is that Judaism has been replaced in Elohm’s eyes. How are we supposed to react to them and to their religion?

We Jews keep our distance. As the prayer goes: “JC keep your followers far away from us!”. Christians keep trying to step closer. We won’t stop pulling away so long as they don’t stop trying to change us. They keep moving toward us because they want us to change. It’s a weird dance. And the melody is confusing.
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 6:21pm On Mar 18, 2021
See yourself, after you have made me carry a Trailer Load of Cement now you are back to one, one bag of cements!

Ken4Christ:

You are a spiritual fraudster. Let's take some of the Scriptures one after the other. Interprete the Scriptures below;

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is NOT JUSTIFIED BY THE WORKS OF THE LAW,..

My Answer is Still Not going to change!

." If you do not Abide, Follow or Obey The Law, how is it possible that you can or could be Defended or Protected by it? (Justify means "Defence" or 'Protected')

If you do not obey the law on Insurance, how can you claim the benefit of insurance?

Or if you have not fulfilled the requirements of being a Doctor, how can you be Defended by The Laws of Medical Practice?

Simple, He who does not obey The Law can not be expected to be Protected or Defended by it!

Ken4Christ:

...but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that WE MIGHT BE JUSTIFIED BY THE FAITH OF CHRIST, and NOT BY THE WORKS OF THE LAW: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Justification Comes From Righteousness or Rightness isn't that what The Lord Jesus taught?

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS

Not your rightness or my rightness or any man's rightness but God's Rightness!

Now Where can you find God's Righteousness?

Only in His Laws!
Not man's laws which the descendants of Israel upheld.

Where do you find His Laws?

In The Original Laws Given and Taught Moses, who further taught them

Ken4Christ:

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is JUSTIFIED BY FAITH WITHOUT THE DEEDS of THE THE LAW.

The word "WITHOUT THE DEEDS of THE THE LAW" answers you, for "Deeds" means "Doings and what was the Doings of The Law, was it Righteous or Unrighteous?

Malachi 2:6 and Your Romans 3 Already Answers you particularly Verses 9-19

1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

2 Much every way: chiefly, because that UNTO THEM WERE COMMITTED THE ORACLES OF GOD.

9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, THERE IS NONE THAT Seeketh After God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; THERE IS NONE THAT DOETH GOOD, NO, NOT ONE.

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:

16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:

17 And the way of peace have they not known:

18 There Is No Fear Of God Before Their Eyes

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

And These Statement Is A JUDGEMENT As Given By A Court! A JUDGEMENT OF LAW!

And Who on earth is NOT UNDER THE LAW OF RIGHTEOUSNESS Whether given to Moses or Not!

Are we not all already under The Law of Good/Righteousness and Evil/unrighteousness and are we not Already going to be Judged Under These Laws?

This is what you do not know neither have you Considered that, No Man is above this Law and can Never be!

We are all Judged and are going to be Judged by The Laws of Rightness (Righteousness) vs. Wrongness; Goodness (Righteousness) vs. Evil!

Psalm 9:8
And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 6:49pm On Mar 18, 2021
sonmvayina:

Jews do not recognize the god of the NT, and it seems that #for_some_Christians, #they_do_not_recognize_the_Elohm_of_the_Tanakh. And here’s why.
~ by Sara Finegan

They did not even abide by what is wrongfullly called the "old testament" neither did they even want to keep to it.

So, now, whether they accept it or not, it has now been taken out of their hands and their thoughts and opinions of it has been completely dispensed with since they themselves never Truly Kept it or Wanted It, in the first place!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by truespeak: 7:26pm On Mar 18, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
See yourself, after you have made me carry a Trailer Load of Cement now you are back to one, one bag of cements!

Oh hoo! How is this Right or Good?

Dtruthspeaker:

My Answer is Still Not going to change!

." If you do not Abide, Follow or Obey The Law, how is it possible that you can or could be Defended or Protected by it? (Justify means "Defence" or 'Protected')

If you do not obey the law on Insurance, how can you claim the benefit of insurance?

Or if you have not fulfilled the requirements of being a Doctor, how can you be Defended by The Laws of Medical Practice?

Simple, He who does not obey The Law can not be expected to be Protected or Defended by it!

Justification Comes From Righteousness or Rightness isn't that what The Lord Jesus taught?

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS

Not your rightness or my rightness or any man's rightness but God's Rightness!

Now Where can you find God's Righteousness?

Only in His Laws!
Not man's laws which the descendants of Israel upheld.

Where do you find His Laws?

In The Original Laws Given and Taught Moses, who further taught them

The word "WITHOUT THE DEEDS of THE THE LAW" answers you, for "Deeds" means "Doings and what was the Doings of The Law, was it Righteous or Unrighteous?

Malachi 2:6 and Your Romans 3 Already Answers you particularly Verses 9-19

1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?

2 Much every way: chiefly, because that UNTO THEM WERE COMMITTED THE ORACLES OF GOD.

9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

11 There is none that understandeth, THERE IS NONE THAT Seeketh After God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; THERE IS NONE THAT DOETH GOOD, NO, NOT ONE.

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:

16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:

17 And the way of peace have they not known:

18 There Is No Fear Of God Before Their Eyes

19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

And These Statement Is A JUDGEMENT As Given By A Court! A JUDGEMENT OF LAW!

And Who on earth is NOT UNDER THE LAW OF RIGHTEOUSNESS Whether given to Moses or Not!

Are we not all already under The Law of Good/Righteousness and Evil/unrighteousness and are we not Already going to be Judged Under These Laws?

This is what you do not know neither have you Considered that, No Man is above this Law and can Never be!

We are all Judged and are going to be Judged by The Laws of Rightness (Righteousness) vs. Wrongness; Goodness (Righteousness) vs. Evil!

I see you have done "Just-is" Nonetheless.

I have Nothing to Add to This!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by GeneralDae: 7:42pm On Mar 18, 2021
sonmvayina:

~ by Sara Finegan

The Tanach is, essentially, a record of the first years of a love affair between The Most High and the Jewish People. It contains love poetry (Song of Songs), poems of longing and passion (Psalms), advice and wisdom (Proverbs), allegory (Job, Garden of Eden, etc), history (Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Exodus, Return to the Land, judges, Kings and Chronicles) and records of times when we were at odds with Elohm(Prophets). The structure of our relationship is set forth in the Torah, specifically Numbers, Leviticus and Deuteronomy, but the love, the passion, the abiding and nurturing relationship itself is in the poetry and prose. When Jews read the Tanach, we hold it close, so close to our hearts, and savor the language, the messages of hope and longing by reading passages over and over again, digging ever-more deeply into the nuances and meanings. When we read the words of the Prophets, we don’t focus on the anger and the frustration of The Most High, but His eternal longing for us to return, His desire to remain close to us, His commitment to stay with us even when we stray.

When Christians read the Tanach, they don’t have the same relationship with The Most High, and it’s not a book for and about them. So they read it differently. In their search for meaning, they look for proof: �proof about Jesus, about the replacement of the Jews with believers in Jesus, proof that The Most High has somehow abandoned the Jewish people�. Or, they look at the negative: the anger, the frustration, then threats. They don’t see that as part of a process, a cycle of forgiveness and redemption, but as a sign of Elohm's harsh punishment and that people are bad.

The New Testament is a set of texts: four gospel narratives, a fifth narrative that continues Luke, a bunch of letters from Christian leaders, and a mystical document. Christians read it as the word of Elohm. Their understanding of Word of Adon-i is that it’s all about His love for the world. It’s precious to them, and they read and reread it as love letters from their god. They don’t believe that there are contradictions or conflict between the letters, the gospels, etc. To them, it’s all The Most High's love.

When Jews read the New Testament, we see it as a very strange set of conflicting documents that barely hang together. The four gospels are radically different and even contradictory�. The Jesus that is portrayed in them is barely recognizeable as a Jew of his time. The generalizations about the larger Jewish community are laughable and simplistic. None of it feels realistic in any way. The epistles, mostly from Paul, are viewed as filled with antagonism and hostility toward Jews and Judaism�. The tone is so negative that we can barely stand to read them. The epistle of James, with its barely-disguised hatred of Paul, is more bearable and more recognizeable as coming from some Jewish thought. Revelation is incomprehensible and horrific. We do not recognize our The Most High, the Elohm of Israel, in the New Testament. Our Elohm could not, would not, has not behaved as the Elohm is represented in the NT. We do not have the same world view as the writers of the NT nor the same hopes.

It’s no wonder that there is conflict between Judaism and Christianity. The suprise is really that Christians so desperately want there to be peace and harmony between us, that they want to be connected to Judaism in any way. To Jews, after reading the NT, it seems absurd to think that Christians, with their world view and theology, would want to have anything to do with us. They de-Judaized Jesus, they promoted the writing of a traitor to Judaism, and their belief is that Judaism has been replaced in Elohm’s eyes. How are we supposed to react to them and to their religion?

We Jews keep our distance. As the prayer goes: “JC keep your followers far away from us!”. Christians keep trying to step closer. We won’t stop pulling away so long as they don’t stop trying to change us. They keep moving toward us because they want us to change. It’s a weird dance. And the melody is confusing.
This author got it backwards. Some of the problems Christians even have are related to the violence and problems in the old testament.

Tell me what is so loving about Elohim killing 70,000 Isrealites simply because David made a mistake by taking census?

Elisha was insulted by some young people and immediately they were devoured by wild animals from the bush.

The new testament through the gospels of jesus gives the light to view the old testament.
The new testament is not a replacement of the old testament, it is a continuation of God's relationship with Isreal, only this time it fulfills the promise to Abraham: In thy seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed.
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Kobojunkie: 10:06pm On Mar 18, 2021
OkCornel:
Bro, please can you help me with the 46 commandments of the new covenant. It will go a long way in clarifying a lot.
Thanks in advance bro.
So, I did a bit of searching and found a site that has a list that is up to about 49 long, and even that list is missing at least 4 other commandments that I am sure of(listed below).

Here is the link so, check it out for yourself. https://iblp.org/questions/what-are-commands-christ

I wish it were easier to simply summarize each commandment but by doing that, one easily becomes guilty of injecting one's own "interpretation" into the original message
1. Do not subscribe to doctrines and traditions of men

Mark 7 vs 1-13 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Now when the Pharisees gathered to him, with some of the scribes who had come from Jerusalem,
2. they saw that some of his disciples ate with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed.
3. (For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they wash their hands properly,[a] holding to the tradition of the elders,
4. and when they come from the marketplace, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions that they observe, such as the washing of cups and pots and copper vessels and dining couches.[c])
[b] 5.
And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, “Why do your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with defiled hands?”
6. And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written,
“‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;

7. in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

8. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the (doctrines and rules)** tradition of men.”
9. And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!
10. For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’
11. But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, “Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban”’ (that is, given to God)[d]—
12. then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother,
13. thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do.”
** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted

2. It is not what you eat that makes you unclean

Matthew 15 vs 16-20 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Jesus said, “Do you still have trouble understanding?
17. Surely you know that all the food that enters the mouth goes into the stomach. Then it goes out of the body.
18. But the bad things people say with their mouth come from the way they think. And that’s what can make people wrong.
19. All these bad things begin in the mind: evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual sins, stealing, lying, and insulting people.
20. These are the things that make people wrong. Eating without washing their hands will never make people unacceptable to God.”

3. Abide in Jesus Christ and He will abide in You

John 15 vs 1-11(ESV)
1. “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser.
2. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
3. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you.
4. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.
5. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
6. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.
7. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
8. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.
9. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love.
10. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.
11. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.

4. Become free from sin by accepting and obeying the commandments of Jesus Christ

John 8 vs 31-47
31. So Jesus said to the Jews who believed in him, “If you continue to accept and obey my teaching, you are really my followers.
32. You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
33. They answered, “We are Abraham’s descendants. And we have never been slaves. So why do you say that we will be free?”
34. Jesus said, “The truth is, everyone who sins is a slave—a slave to sin.
35. A slave does not stay with a family forever. But a son belongs to the family forever.
36. So if the Son makes you free, you are really free.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kindly Suggest Moderators For This Section / Suicide Tips (painless) / Is Becoming An Athiest The Next???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.