Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law (5129 Views)

Why Do Christians Reject Old Testament Laws But Stick To Tithing / Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order / Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 11:12pm On Mar 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I will not supply you that. You can read through the book of the Law for yourself so you can gain the understanding of it for yourself.

This is quite unfair and unjust, for if I knew them, surely I would directly respond to them but it is unreasonable and unfair to place a huge burden on me to find what I do not believe exist whereas you who claims that such a fact exists, you are refusing to present it.

This is not right!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by OkCornel(m): 11:27pm On Mar 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin No it did not change, it was rather restored for what does an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth Truly Mean?

Answer, Equity and balance, "Just Is" and Accurate (As we say today, not a Kobo more, not a Kobo less)

For by Mathew 5, the Scribes and Pharisees and their lawyers had evilised The Law and perverted it.

So though they were mouthing The Law, it was the Evil Version they implemented, which is what you see in their Application of The Law of The Sabbath, The "Just is" or rather "in just is" of the case of the Adulterous Woman (the man was safely tucked away, and I am certain that the man was a scribe), The Law of Giving and Offerings.

They perverted and evilised The Law, thus, The Lord was setting it back to its Original Form!

So equity and balance is when your enemy slaps you on one cheek and you turn the other one?

Matthew 5 v 38-39

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 11:43pm On Mar 14, 2021
OkCornel:

So equity and balance is when your enemy slaps you on one cheek and you turn the other one?

grin Under the perverse law regime, they inevitably created the practice of 2 Wrongs makes a Right therefore creating the wicked "law of vengeance" rather than equity and balance.

Thus, the solution The Lord proposed to counter the evil law is simply For One Warring Party to Cease Hostilities and Vengeance.

For in and by The Judgment of God both parties will surely be guilty, so they shall be condemned together and none shall be innocent.

For both Parties Shall and Must be Guilty of Wrong-Doing!

But when One stays innocent, The Lord And The Law would Take its Course and render Just is and Equity, even the heaping of Curses upon the Wrongdoer, while Blessings Follow the Innocent.

And being guiltless, is the way of The Lord, Hence the Necessary teaching of The Law of "Turn the other cheek"!

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 12:15pm On Mar 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I will not supply you that. You can read through the book of the Law for yourself so you can gain the understanding of it for yourself.

I saw you at the board just now, so I thought to prompt you to please provide the passages which clearly show and prove that what you say about "there only 4 laws in the Old Covenant that foreigners are required to live by, Is True!

For it is he who says he saw a thing, who has the duty and burden to point out what he saw, else he may be called a Liar, like the boy who cried wolf when there was no wolf!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 12:37pm On Mar 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Wow! Do you real-eyes that one must reasonably see you as a very bad person?

Why was it an hindrance to simply state "See Acts 15?

Is it reasonable for you to expect a person to remember all the contents of the Bible at any given time?

What is good is always without blemish and this thing you have done is not good at all!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:

I have seen it and I understand it and I have answered you above, for what you said about the 4 Laws is Indeed Not True And It is Non-existent!

And I am sorry to tell you once again that you are Wrong and I even See and Perceive that you know that your Statement is not True.

For the opening statement of Act 15 tells us immediately what the contention is, which is The Law of Circumcision, which certain people had perverted and subverted leading to confusion and argument in saying that "Without Circumcision, the Gentiles Can Not Be Saved", which is and was not True (of a sorts).

"A Classic Example of Using The Truth to Cause Error" which is NOT THE WAY OF THE LORD.

Which is also what you have promoted and you promote!

And there is Nothing here about The Specific keeping of Only 4 Out of the 316 Laws as you said!

Rather, it was to directly instruct that they do not return to their former ways of
1) pollution of idols via offering of meats to idols.
2) fornication.
3) things strangled
4) from blood.

All these things which we have Seen were specifically practiced even in our villages and homes, So, how does this pronouncement become a bar that the remainder of The Laws eg The Law of Adultery and Stealing and Killing are dispensed with or are you saying that the gentiles did not commit adultery, stealing and killing and are not capable of it?

I am certain you know the Truth and will not Lie! (I hope)
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Ken4Christ: 5:36pm On Mar 15, 2021
OkCornel:

The new covenant (an improvement on the old covenant) is still a law in its own right which requires believers to obey the instructions therein.

No one can call Jesus his or her Lord without doing the things He says.

Barren branches in the vine will be cut off and cast into the fire.

In Matthew 25 v 31-40; the goats will be separated from the sheeps, not just on the basis of belief, but also by their works.

Hearing the word is not enough, doing it is what matters.

Faith and works go hand in hand.

And the great white throne judgment in Revelation 20 clearly mentions every man will be judged “according to their works”.

Grace is a period of mercy to repent and turn away from a sinful life to a more productive and holy life by the power of the Holy Spirit.

The works we will be judged by are not the works of the Law of Moses. Only those under the law of Moses will be judged by the it.

Read some of the different words and phrases likened to the Law of Moses according to Apostle Paul.
1. Yoke of bondage - Galatians 5:1
2. Letter that kills - 2nd Corinthians 3:6
3. Ministry of death - 2nd Corinthians 3:7
4. Ministry of condemnation - 2nd Corinthians 3:9.
5. Dead works - Hebrews 9:14
6. Weak and beggarly elements - Galatians 4:9
7. Weak and unprofitable - Hebrews 7:18
9. Carnal commandments - Hebrews 7:16
10. Flesh - Galatians 3:3, Romans 8:1
11. School master - Galatians 3:24
12. Hand writing of ordinances - Colossians 2:14.
13. Oldness of letter - Romans 7:6

These words and phrases are messages in the themselves.

The Jews that were given the Law of Moses has been delivered from it. You want to carry the load they couldn't carry.

Galatians 3:13-14
13 Christ hath REDEEMED us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Ken4Christ: 5:42pm On Mar 15, 2021
Jman24:

So how is it that trying to obey the 10 commandments would bring curses on you since the right things to do are contained therein ?

The Law of Moses is more than the 10 Commandments. It contains over 600 distinct instructions which must be obeyed.

Besides, none of us strictly keep all the ten commandments. How many of us keep the commandment to keep the Sabbath day holy? Under the Old Testament, death penalty is the punishment for breaking the Sabbath. But Saturday which is the Sabbath day is our most busiest day. If God is to judge us by the 10 Commandments, none of us will be alive.

However, we have a new Commandment from our Lord Jesus which governs every area of our lives. It is the Commandment of love

John 13:34-35 34
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ken4Christ:

The works we will be judged by are not the works of the Law of Moses. Only those under the law of Moses will be judged by the it.

Read some of the different words and phrases likened to the Law of Moses according to Apostle Paul.

The Jews that were given the Law of Moses has been delivered from it. You want to carry the load they couldn't carry.

13 Christ hath REDEEMED us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
The Bulk of Paul's writings were to Jewish believers and not to the Gentiles.

That is why it is expedient that instead of leaning on Paul's writings for your knowledge of the Law, Jesus Christ, you instead go to, accept(trust), and obey the teachings of Jesus Christ Himself. undecided

Jesus Christ is the Law(The New Covenant) of the Kingdom of Heaven - the agreement between you and God, and like every agreement, you are expected to submit to the terms and conditions of that Law. Paul does not, in any of his many letters, address the terms and conditions of the Law that is Jesus Christ. Instead, the terms and conditions of your contract are written of in the Gospels. undecided
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Ken4Christ: 5:47pm On Mar 15, 2021
Jman24:

Stop mixing English language here and there grin
The Roman creation said you should even hate your people if you must follow him.

What is Roman creation. The book of Romans is a divine revelation given to Apostle Paul for the church. Read it through and through. You will will get the understanding that the church is not under the Law of Moses. We are under grace.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Ken4Christ: 5:59pm On Mar 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The Bulk of Paul's writings were to Jewish believers and not to the Gentiles.

That is why it is expedient that instead of leaning on Paul's writings for your knowledge of the Law, Jesus Christ, you instead go to, accept(trust), and obey the teachings of Jesus Christ Himself. undecided

Jesus Christ is the Law(The New Covenant) of the Kingdom of Heaven - the agreement between you and God, and like every agreement, you are expected to submit to the terms and conditions of that Law. Paul does not, in any of his many letters, address the terms and conditions of the Law that is Jesus Christ. Instead, the terms and conditions of your contract are written of in the Gospels. undecided

Apostle Paul ministry was to the Gentiles and not to the Jews. All the letters he wrote were to the Gentiles. It was Apostle Peter that was sent to the Jews.

Act 26:17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

Act 22:21 And he said unto me, Depart: for I will send thee far hence unto the Gentiles.

Galatians 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentilessmiley

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Kobojunkie: 6:02pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ken4Christ:

Apostle Paul ministry was to the Gentiles and not to the Jews. All the letters he wrote were to the Gentiles. It was Apostle Peter that was sent to the Jews.

Act 26:17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

Act 22:21 And he said unto me, Depart: for I will send thee far hence unto the Gentiles.

Galatians 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentilessmiley
Again, the bulk of Paul's LETTERS we're written to the JEWISH believers and not to GENTILE believers. undecided

Since the one you claim as Master over your life is Jesus Christ, you are best sticking to the teachings of Jesus Christ, the one by whose Words your works will be tried. undecided
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by OkCornel(m): 7:27pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ken4Christ:

What separated the sheeps from the goats in Matthew 25 v 31-46?

Was it by hearing or by obeying.

What happens to barren branches on the vine?

What happened to the man who refused to put his talent to work?

You’re right though, the works of believers are not going to be judged by the laws of Moses, but by the laws/standards of Christ, part of which are spelt out in Matthew 5 eg adultery, revenge, murder etc

And there’s no way to meet those standards unless you’re filled with the Spirit of God.

Simple and straightforward, but at the same time requires real dedication to follow.
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 8:21pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ken4Christ:

The works we will be judged by are not the works of the Law of Moses. Only those under the law of Moses will be judged by the it...

13 Christ hath REDEEMED us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us:

From the Curse of the Pervasion of God's Law! There is Only One Law, One God, One Word.

Paul was and is A Lawyer like I am so I know and see what He is talking about when he mentions Law.

I am not trying to deceive or mislead any of you and yet none of you is able to Convince me (borrowing the words Christ Used)

This is Law we are talking about and Law must be Resolved by Lawyers which is why Paul carried great Weight in any objection he raised, as seen in Acts 15.

Ken4Christ:

Did The Law given to Moses not carry it's following blessings?

Ken4Christ:

Being dead because it was killed with pervasions and subversions since the deaths of the kings of Israel and Judea!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Ken4Christ: 4:21pm On Mar 16, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

From the Curse of the Pervasion of God's Law! There is Only One Law, One God, One Word.

Paul was and is A Lawyer like I am so I know and see what He is talking about when he mentions Law.

I am not trying to deceive or mislead any of you and yet none of you is able to Convince me (borrowing the words Christ Used)

This is Law we are talking about and Law must be Resolved by Lawyers which is why Paul carried great Weight in any objection he raised, as seen in Acts 15.

Did The Law given to Moses not carry it's following blessings?

Being dead because it was killed with pervasions and subversions since the deaths of the kings of Israel and Judea!

I don't really know what your contention is. I have made my points with reference to the Scripture. Back up your point with scriptures.

The Law of Moses came with blessings and curses as spelt out in Deuteronomy 28. But the Jews couldn't keep the law and so they came under the curse of the law. This is why Jesus came to redeem them from the law and usher in grace.

Under grace doesn't mean we live a careless life. We still have instructions contained in the New Testament to guide our lives.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 6:23pm On Mar 16, 2021
Ken4Christ:

I don't really know what your contention is. I have made my points with reference to the Scripture. Back up your point with scriptures.

The Law of Moses came with blessings and curses as spelt out in Deuteronomy 28. But the Jews couldn't keep the law and so they came under the curse of the law.

Wrong! Not that they could not keep it, it is that they REFUSED TO KEEP IT, EVEN FROM THE BEGINNING. They Strove With God, the Law and Moses, ALL THE WAY, such that God called them "StiffNecked People" Exodus 32:9

"And The Lord said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a StiffNecked People"

Whom Christ called "A Stubborn and Hard People"!

Which is why you See Moses Continually Begging them to Keep The Law! eg

Deuteronomy 4:
"Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, (Law) which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live,

And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?

And by Malachi, Levi's, The Keepers, Judges and Administrators of The Law were Perverse and Corrupted!

Malachi 2:6
6 The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found in his lips: he walked with me in peace and equity, and did turn many away from iniquity.

7 For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the Lord of hosts.

8 But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law;
ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the Lord of hosts.

9 Therefore have I also made you contemptible and base before all the people, according as ye have not kept my ways, but have been partial in the law.

10 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

Ken4Christ:

This is why Jesus came to redeem them from the law and usher in grace

You did not take note of Malachi 3 and the word is "Purify and Purge" (Cleanse, Expel, Eject) them

Malachi 3
Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.

2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in Righteousness.

4 Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the Lord, as in the days of old, and as in former years.

5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the Lord of hosts.

6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

7 EVEN FROM THE DAYS OF YOUR FATHERS YE ARE GONE AWAY FROM MINE ORDINANCES, AND HAVE NOT KEPT THEM.

Isreal Abandoned The Law And Never Kept It Almost At All. The Lord, Christ Jesus Brought It Back and Restored it!

There is Nothing like New Law or New Covenant, New Grace it is Still The Same One of Old! (One God, One Law, One Grace, No 2 only 1)

When termed New it is because it is Still Fresh from None-Use by reason of Long Abandonment!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Ken4Christ: 9:50pm On Mar 16, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Wrong! Not that they could not keep it, it is that they REFUSED TO KEEP IT, EVEN FROM THE BEGINNING. They Strove With God, the Law and Moses, ALL THE WAY, such that God called them "StiffNecked People" Exodus 32:9

"And The Lord said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a StiffNecked People"

Whom Christ called "A Stubborn and Hard People"!

Which is why you See Moses Continually Begging them to Keep The Law! eg

Deuteronomy 4:
"Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, (Law) which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live,

And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?

And by Malachi, Levi's, The Keepers, Judges and Administrators of The Law were Perverse and Corrupted!

Malachi 2:6
6 The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found in his lips: he walked with me in peace and equity, and did turn many away from iniquity.

7 For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the Lord of hosts.

8 But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law;
ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the Lord of hosts.

9 Therefore have I also made you contemptible and base before all the people, according as ye have not kept my ways, but have been partial in the law.

10 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

You did not take note of Malachi 3 and the word is "Purify and Purge" (Cleanse, Expel, Eject) them

Malachi 3
Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.

2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

3 And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in Righteousness.

4 Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the Lord, as in the days of old, and as in former years.

5 And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the Lord of hosts.

6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

7 EVEN FROM THE DAYS OF YOUR FATHERS YE ARE GONE AWAY FROM MINE ORDINANCES, AND HAVE NOT KEPT THEM.

Isreal Abandoned The Law And Never Kept It Almost At All. The Lord, Christ Jesus Brought It Back and Restored it!

There is Nothing like New Law or New Covenant, New Grace it is Still The Same One of Old! (One God, One Law, One Grace, No 2 only 1)

When termed New it is because it is Still Fresh from None-Use by reason of Long Abandonment!

2nd Corinthians 3:6-16
6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the NEW TESTAMENT ; not of the LETTER, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

12 Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech: note

13 And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:

14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.

16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

You are still experiencing spiritual blindness when you try to bring evidences from the Old Testament. Read the epistles of Apostle Paul and your eyes will be opened.

Hebrews 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the MEDIATOR of a BETTER COVENANT, which was established upon better promises

Hebrews 9:15 And for this cause he is the MEDIATOR of the NEW TESTAMENT, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Hebrews 12:24 And to Jesus the MEDIATOR of the NEW COVENANT , and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

I don't know how to help you if you still don't understand these Scripture. It's either you are proud or you don't have a teachable spirit.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 10:53pm On Mar 16, 2021
Ken4Christ:

2nd Corinthians 3:6-16
6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the NEW TESTAMENT ; not of the LETTER, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

New Testimony (Testament means Testimony), thus, What New Testimony and Whose NewTestimony?

Answer: The Testimony of The Lord! As Proven by Verse 6 of the same 2 Corinthians 3 which YOU Presented-(not of the LETTER, but of the spiritsmiley and Verse 17 of the same 2 Corinthians 3.("Now The Lord is that Spirit:"wink

And What Did The Spirit of The Lord Say?
Answer: Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: (He still did not stop there oh but he went on to Say) "I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill!"

Twice Did He Say it, yet, you guys have immediately Wiped it Away!

Does Wiping Away a Thing Fulfill that which is wiped out? If Israel was wiped Away shall the Word of God be fulfilled?

Every Fulfillment Always Requires The Presence of That Thing to Be Filled!

Ken4Christ:

I don't know how to help you if you still don't understand these Scripture. It's either you are proud or you don't have a teachable spirit.

I see you that you are trying not to get angry and I appreciate it so I will discontinue, (I hope) this contention.

And I further end with this Statement that "No one goes to a Carpenter for a tooth decay but to the dentist, neither do they go to the plumber for Stomach ache but to the physician, so also, on Issues Of Law and the knowledge thereof No one goes to any Tom, Bode and Okonkwo for it, but to A Lawyer!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Ken4Christ: 8:40am On Mar 17, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

New Testimony (Testament means Testimony), thus, What New Testimony and Whose NewTestimony?

Answer: The Testimony of The Lord! As Proven by Verse 6 of the same 2 Corinthians 3 which YOU Presented-(not of the LETTER, but of the spiritsmiley and Verse 17 of the same 2 Corinthians 3.("Now The Lord is that Spirit:"wink

And What Did The Spirit of The Lord Say?
Answer: Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: (He still did not stop there oh but he went on to Say) "I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill!"

Twice Did He Say it, yet, you guys have immediately Wiped it Away!

Does Wiping Away a Thing Fulfill that which is wiped out? If Israel was wiped Away shall the Word of God be fulfilled?

Every Fulfillment Always Requires The Presence of That Thing to Be Filled!

I see you that you are trying not to get angry and I appreciate it so I will discontinue, (I hope) this contention.

And I further end with this Statement that "No one goes to a Carpenter for a tooth decay but to the dentist, neither do they go to the plumber for Stomach ache but to the physician, so also, on Issues Of Law and the knowledge thereof No one goes to any Tom, Bode and Okonkwo for it, but to A Lawyer!

Matthew 5:17-18 has been misunderstood by many till date.

What Jesus meant was that he didn't come to arbitrarily ask people to stop obeying the Law of Moses without following due process. He didn't abuse his power. He had to fulfill it. To fulfill means to bring a justified end to it. And this he did when he died on me cross. And their are several scriptures to testify to it. Read some of them below;

Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become DEAD TO THE LAW by the BODY OF CHRIST; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

When you are dead to the Law, you no longer have business with it.

Romans 7:6 But now we are DELIVERED FROM THE LAW, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

This verse affirms that the Jews have been delivered from the Law of Moses. And you want to yoke yourself by it.

Romans 7:4 For Christ is the END OF THE LAW for righteousness to every one that believeth.

This verse says Christ has ended the Law. But you say otherwise.

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for YE ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW, but under grace.

This verse is not ambiguous. It says we are not under the Law. What else do you want to believe.

I can quote many more verses. But if you don't believe this one, you will also not believe the others.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:30am On Mar 17, 2021
Ken4Christ and Dtruthspeaker, why not start from TRINITY since both of you agreed on that at least both of you can relate better with that! smiley
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 2:21pm On Mar 17, 2021
Ken4Christ:

Matthew 5:17-18 has been misunderstood by many till date.

What Jesus meant was that he didn't come to arbitrarily ask people to stop obeying the Law of Moses without following due process.

This is where you are delivered into my hand because I know for a Truth that the ordinary folk do not observe nor are they Taught that The Lord, Jesus Too is A Lawyer! The Most High Lawyer, was He!

And He Always Spoke from The Knowledge and Substance of Law At All Times, which is why He Usually Said 'It Is Written" which means "It is Lawed" or "What say ye the Scriptures? Meaning, "What Does The Law say?. Or even more clearly "What does The Law say?"

Which is why Immediately After His Introductory Statement (In Law We Say Preamble) He Quickly Opened His Mind Declaring the Purpose of His Mission (Objective Declaration Provision).

Why?

Because to Establish the validity of Any Law whether an Amendment or Repeal, it must first Recognise the Status of The Law on Ground whether it shall continue to be in force or it shall be expunged.

Hence the Great Importance of Mathew, Chapter 5: Clauses 17-19, Contained in The Book of The Law called the Bible, Which Paid Respects to The Law in Force Declaring that It Shall Not Be Inconsistent With The Law in Force.

Exactly as it is written in the Opening Paragraphs and Chapters of the copy-copy man made laws which say "Any law which is inconsistent with any provision of this law is null and void!"

Check Out these Instances when God gave a Law and Repealed them!

1) The Rights of Man! Genesis 1, Clauses 26, 28 and 29

Clearly Repealed and Amended in Genesis 9, Clauses 1-7.

2) The Law of Prohibiting the Ground! Genesis 3 Clauses 17 and 18.

Repealed IN HIS HEART ONLY Genesis 8 Clause 21.

Same thing when He Lawed that if Israel did not Keep His Laws, "They shall be Scattered Abroad" Leviticus 26 Clauses 21, 27, 31, 33 and repealed in Ezekiel 34 Generally and Specifically Clauses 11,12.28.

11 For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.

12 As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.

28[b] And they shall no more be a prey to the heathen, neither shall the beast of the land devour them; but they shall dwell safely, and none shall make them afraid.[/b]

Thus, looking at the Conduct of The Lord, when He issues A Command and thereafter Repeals or Retracts it, HE ALWAYS CLEARLY AND UNAMBIGUOUSLY RETRACTS OR CANCELS IT.

This He Consistently did Everytime, over and over again.

Thus, can you find any Pronouncement of The Lord, where He Clearly Repealed The Laws which He gave to Moses after His Fashion of Issuing and Repealing His Laws?

No you will not, why?

Because it has not pleased The Lord to so Repeal it!

Play a game and check The Laws which He Issued and Cancelled, WHETHER SUCH CANCELLATIONS WERE NOT CLEARLY STATED WITH NO AMBIGUITY AND CONFUSION!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 2:34pm On Mar 17, 2021
Ken4Christ:

This verse says Christ has ended the Law. But you say otherwise.

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for YE ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW, but under grace.

This verse is not ambiguous. It says we are not under the Law. What else do you want to believe.

I can quote many more verses. But if you don't believe this one, you will also not believe the others.

Your error is that you do not take cognizance that like you Nigerians and your fake/bad Constitution, they also believed in their Corrupted "Moses" Law.

And like you would not believe me when I say that una Constitution is a Useless, Powerless and Bad law, so also was the "Corrupted "Moses" Law to them.

Thus, The Lord restored The Original Perfect Law given to Moses As Declared by The Prophets, Malachi, Ezekiel, Jeremiah etc
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by truespeak: 3:56pm On Mar 17, 2021
Ken4Christ:

What Jesus meant was that he didn't come to arbitrarily ask people to stop obeying the Law of Moses...

See, here you speak the Truth which is an Admission of what I see Dtruthspeaker has been saying all along!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by sonmvayina(m): 4:12pm On Mar 17, 2021
I love this exchange...like two primary six pupils arguing about dy/dx...

This matter over two of una..
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 4:52pm On Mar 17, 2021
truespeak:

See, here you speak the Truth which is an Admission of what I see Dtruthspeaker has been saying all along!

Oh oh! Thank you for spotting it, one can not see everything!

I just remembered that his problem will be that he did not know that Lord Jesus too was and is a Lawyer and spoke as one!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Ken4Christ: 5:23pm On Mar 17, 2021
truespeak:

I didn't stop there. He already abolished the Law in a justified manner. So, we are not saying the same thing. And there are scores of evidences to buttress my point.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 5:25pm On Mar 17, 2021
Let me show you the Law interpretations of those key statements you hold

Ken4Christ:

Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become DEAD TO THE LAW by the BODY OF CHRIST

Means you do not care about The Law! The Law no dey touch your soul and you can not be bothered about it, to simply put it!

Ken4Christ:

Romans 7:6 But now we are DELIVERED FROM THE LAW, that being dead wherein we were held;

Interpretation! You are delivered and saved from not "Feeling" The LAW (The Dead do not feel), To Now Feeling the Presence and Power of The Law!

Ken4Christ:

Romans 7:4 For Christ is the END OF THE LAW for righteousness to every one that believeth

Interpretation: Christ is The Goal of The Law (End in Law means Goal, Aim or Destination!!

Ken4Christ:

When you come to Romans 6 you get to learn about Laws of Sins of which the class actually started at Romans 3.

Thus, this verse is in direct reference to The Law of Sin and Death which All Law breakers are Under, but when ye keep The Law, and ye do it's Righteousness, ye are passed over and above The Law of Sin and death into eternal Life!

This is The Law Interpretations of those Statements and it's understanding thereof!

Lawyers in the house, please is this not the interpretations of Law? Truespeak, hupernikao, ogaemeka (even if you were once unjustly my adversary, I think it just to mention you) etc

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by truespeak: 5:26pm On Mar 17, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Oh oh! Thank you for spotting it, one can not see everything!

I just remembered that his problem will be that he did not know that Lord Jesus too was and is a Lawyer and spoke as one!

Well, it is understandable.

Not many know that Lawyer is Lawer, that is One who Laws exactly as a Teacher is one who Teaches, thus Christ being The Lawer and the Highest Authority on the Law spoke and explained the Law He Lawed!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 5:33pm On Mar 17, 2021
Ken4Christ:

I didn't stop there. He already abolished the Law in a justified manner. So, we are not saying the same thing. And there are scores of evidences to buttress my point.

When you say He "Abolished The Law" exhibit The Clear Words of Law in which and with which He Abolished The Law as He Usually Did in Every Case He was Abolishing A Law?

If you can, for I have just depicted The Law Meanings of All Those Statements you were relying upon AND NONE OF THEM CAN BE SAID TO HAVE ABOLISHED THE LAW, as was His Usual Practice!

And of course you would have an even greater difficulty establishing This being not a Lawyer!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Dtruthspeaker: 5:36pm On Mar 17, 2021
truespeak:

Well, it is understandable.

Not many know that Lawyer is Lawer, that is One who Laws exactly as a Teacher is one who Teaches, thus Christ being The Lawer and the Highest Authority on the Law spoke and explained the Law He Lawed!

True and Most True!

But this is where I am very much vexed with the fact that these things were not taught even by those pastors are themselves Lawers!
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Ken4Christ: 5:36pm On Mar 17, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Your error is that you do not take cognizance that like you Nigerians and your fake/bad Constitution, they also believed in their Corrupted "Moses" Law.

And like you would not believe me when I say that una Constitution is a Useless, Powerless and Bad law, so also was the "Corrupted "Moses" Law to them.

Thus, The Lord restored The Original Perfect Law given to Moses As Declared by The Prophets, Malachi, Ezekiel, Jeremiah etc

The early Apostles had a meeting because of this same issue of the Law of Moses. And they concluded that it was no longer necessary. Please try and read the Bible thoroughly before making your argument. The Scripture must be interpreted in harmony with all parts of the Bible. And the revelation contained in the New Testament is what God wants the church to live by.

Acts 15:5-6
5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to COMMAND THEM TO KEEP THE LAW OF MOSES

6 And the APOSTLES and ELDERS came together for to CONSIDER OF THIS MATTER.

Hear the result of their meeting;

Acts 15:8-10
8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;

9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to PUT A YOKE upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

Hear, the Law of Moses is referred to as a Yoke.

James further said;

Acts 15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and KEEP THE LAW: to whom WE GAVE NO SUCH COMMANDMENT.

And Acts 13:39 also reads;
And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye COULD NOT BE JUSTIFIED BY THE LAW OF MOSES.

What further evidence do you need. Or are you a Jehovah's Witness? They are one group that denies the truth of God's word even in the face of infallible evidences.
Re: We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law by Ken4Christ: 5:45pm On Mar 17, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

This is where you are delivered into my hand because I know for a Truth that the ordinary folk do not observe nor are they Taught that The Lord, Jesus Too is A Lawyer! The Most High Lawyer, was He!

And He Always Spoke from The Knowledge and Substance of Law At All Times, which is why He Usually Said 'It Is Written" which means "It is Lawed" or "What say ye the Scriptures? Meaning, "What Does The Law say?. Or even more clearly "What does The Law say?"

Which is why Immediately After His Introductory Statement (In Law We Say Preamble) He Quickly Opened His Mind Declaring the Purpose of His Mission (Objective Declaration Provision).

Why?

Because to Establish the validity of Any Law whether an Amendment or Repeal, it must first Recognise the Status of The Law on Ground whether it shall continue to be in force or it shall be expunged.

Hence the Great Importance of Mathew, Chapter 5: Clauses 17-19, Contained in The Book of The Law called the Bible, Which Paid Respects to The Law in Force Declaring that It Shall Not Be Inconsistent With The Law in Force.

Exactly as it is written in the Opening Paragraphs and Chapters of the copy-copy man made laws which say "Any law which is inconsistent with any provision of this law is null and void!"

Check Out these Instances when God gave a Law and Repealed them!

1) The Rights of Man! Genesis 1, Clauses 26, 28 and 29

Clearly Repealed and Amended in Genesis 9, Clauses 1-7.

2) The Law of Prohibiting the Ground! Genesis 3 Clauses 17 and 18.

Repealed IN HIS HEART ONLY Genesis 8 Clause 21.

Same thing when He Lawed that if Israel did not Keep His Laws, "They shall be Scattered Abroad" Leviticus 26 Clauses 21, 27, 31, 33 and repeated in Ezekiel 34 Generally and Specifically Clauses 11,12.28.

11 For thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.

12 As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.

28[b] And they shall no more be a prey to the heathen, neither shall the beast of the land devour them; but they shall dwell safely, and none shall make them afraid.[/b]

Thus, looking at the Conduct of The Lord, when He issues A Command and thereafter Repeals or Retracts it, HE ALWAYS CLEARLY AND UNAMBIGUOUSLY RETRACTS OR CANCELS IT.

This He Consistently did Everytime, over and over again.

Thus, can you find any Pronouncement of The Lord, where He Clearly Repealed The Laws which He gave to Moses after His Fashion of Issuing and Repealing His Laws?

No you will not, why?

Because it has not pleased The Lord to so Repeal it!

Play a game and check The Laws which He Issued and Cancelled, WHETHER SUCH CANCELLATIONS WERE NOT CLEARLY STATED WITH NO AMBIGUITY AND CONFUSION!

Please read about 20 references below to understand the fact that the Law of Moses has been abolished. The Bible cannot contradict itself. It can't say that the Law has been abolished in over 20 verse or passages and then nullify it with one verse of Scripture.

Bible Evidences that confirms that the Law of Moses has been abolished.

1. John 1:17.
2. Acts 13:39.
3. Acts 15:5,6,10,11,24,29.
4. Romans 3:20,28
5. Romans 6:14
6. Romans 7:1-6
7. Romans 8:1-4
8. Romans 10:3-5
9. 2 Corinthians 3:6-16
10. Galatians 2:16-21
11. Galatians 3:10-13
12. Galatians 3:17-18
13. Galatians 3:19,21, 24,25
14. Galatians 4:4-5
15. Galatians 5:1-6
16. Ephesians 2:15
17. Colossians 2:14, 20
18. Hebrews 7:12
19. Hebrews 7:18,19
20. Hebrews 8:6-8

Please be honest to read them all before making your response. You ought to be thankful that I am opening your eyes to see the truth unless you are a child of perdition.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The God Challenge / On Wiegraf's Signature : If God made humans from mud then why is mud still here? / Can't Wait To Be Free!! (my Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.