Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Where Does God Come From ? — - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Does God Come From ? — (1141 Views)

Where Did God Come From? / Where Does The Human Soul Go To After Death? / Non Religious Believers in god Come Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by jesusjnr1: 6:09pm On Mar 14, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Going by your logic, we can say the universe has no origin
By my logic, the universe has an origin since it's creation. God's creation!
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:47pm On Mar 14, 2021
Sorry to cut in!

You only need to learn some things from true Christians, this is about the politics that started in the garden of Eden, the OP has no interested in the answer to that question.
Let me give you an eye opener. Imagine you talking about the fine works of a ruler while some good for nothing subjects keep condemning his effort. But all the more you keep stressing the need to pay attention to the achievements of the ruler. Then suddenly someone asked "From where exactly did this King come?"
Do you think the one asking truly need an answer? Matthew 7:6 smiley

Kobojunkie:
Why ask mere humans for that answer? Why not seek the answer from the one whom you believe in instead? undecided
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by FatherOfJesus: 1:08pm On Mar 15, 2021
jesusjnr1:
By my logic, the universe has an origin since it's creation. God's creation!
So who created God?
If God can’t be created then the universe can also not be created
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by Dtruthspeaker: 1:22pm On Mar 15, 2021
blazepascal:

...where does God come from??

That is why there is no difference between you and your phone, you are both creations.

And like your phone can never know anything about you beyond your hands, so also you can never know anything beyond your Creators Hands!

You demand an impossibility therefore, your quest can not be answered by any creation!
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by Dtruthspeaker: 1:25pm On Mar 15, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
So who created God?
If God can’t be created then the universe can also not be created

Like you the Universe is Seen, therefore it is created, but No Creation can See beyond its limits, therefore, you demand the impossible, like one phone asking another phone to move from the table to the cupboard, it is an impossibility!
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by sonmvayina(m): 1:40pm On Mar 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

That is why there is no difference between you and your phone, you are both creations.

And like your phone can never know anything about you beyond your hands, so also you can never know anything beyond your Creators Hands!

You demand an impossibility therefore, your quest can not be answered by any creation!

What if the creation created the creator.....?

You understand? Then it can have a lot to say about the creator..

I think its best to just follow my instinct.....
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by Dtruthspeaker: 1:55pm On Mar 15, 2021
sonmvayina:

What if the creation created the creator.....?

Have you ever SEEN in Truth, a creation create of its own will, what shall later come to create it?

Shall a phone ever create you or your house ever bring forth a baby of its own will?

You Never Will because, The Law who Rules over all Creations has made that one Unbreakable!

A Creator always creates it's creation and No creation can ever create it's creator of its own will and accord!
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by FatherOfJesus: 2:26am On Mar 22, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Like you the Universe is Seen, therefore it is created, but No Creation can See beyond its limits, therefore, you demand the impossible, like one phone asking another phone to move from the table to the cupboard, it is an impossibility!
where is the evidence that your god and not another person’s god created the universe?
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by Dtruthspeaker: 1:03pm On Mar 22, 2021
FatherOfJesus:

where is the evidence that your god and not another person’s god created the universe?

The Proof is Natural Evidence, that is Evidence Seen in Nature which Clearly depicts The Law that "A creation is Created by "One" Person Creator, called The Creator (not Creators).

I answered this way so as to be all embracing and forestall long and unnecessary angles you may wish to bring opposition for even if many parts of the creation were so created by many other creative participants, it would Still Be At The Command and Orders of ONE GREAT ONE!

And Only One Great One has Claimed Ownership and Possession of this Mighty House and Environment called the Universe with No other contesting ownership, much like you have claimed ownership and possession of your car with no other person contesting it!
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 22, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The Proof is Natural Evidence, that is Evidence Seen in Nature which Clearly depicts The Law that "A creation is Created by "One" Person Creator, called The Creator (not Creators).

I answered this way so as to be all embracing and forestall long and unnecessary angles you may wish to bring opposition for even if many parts of the creation were so created by many other creative participants, it would Still Be At The Command and Orders of ONE GREAT ONE!

And Only One Great One has Claimed Ownership and Possession of this Mighty House and Environment called the Universe with No other contesting ownership, much like you have claimed ownership and possession of your car with no other person contesting it!
Repititions.
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by Dtruthspeaker: 2:03pm On Mar 22, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Repititions.

grin 1 + 1 is 2 and TRUE my son, so it must be repeated, when demanded!

Thanks for the ban! I did not know that a friendly teaae to alternate Monika or your Twin killgod could resort to a ban but it was still a great yesterday for me!
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by FatherOfJesus: 4:08pm On Mar 22, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Nature is not proof for your god, nature can exist with or without your god and you we’d to provide testable methods to check that truly your god did it. Can you disprove it if I say the nature was created not by your god but by the Flying Spaghetti Monster?
That’s how faulty your logic is, anybody can claim whatever they want. The most important thing is providing testable methods to ascertain whatever claim you hold
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 22, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Thanks for the ban! I did not know that a friendly teaae to alternate Monika or your Twin killgod could resort to a ban but it was still a great yesterday for me!

Lol I've been banned from this site many times. They always try to silence me and my honest opinion. Ban me I'll be back with another profile.
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by BetterChurch: 4:33pm On Mar 22, 2021
blazepascal:
happy sunday my fellow nairalanders. I was awokened by this deep thought this morning , I was suddenly stroke with this random question in my heart just as if someone was trying to test my faith, I quickly discarded it fearing the fact that I may sin, just by thinking about that. Well that question kept screaming in my heart that's was why I decided to make it public here .I hope you guys will provide me with resonable answers

where does God come from??

The mind cannot understand Soul, the spiritual worlds and workings. God is Eternal.

1 Like

Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by Dtruthspeaker: 10:55am On Mar 23, 2021
FatherOfJesus:

That’s how faulty your logic is, anybody can claim whatever they want. The most important thing is providing testable methods to ascertain whatever claim you hold

You have said The Truth here, that is "anybody can claim whatever they want."

Then you have said and laid The Measurement of Proof of Truth in saying Most Truly that "The most important thing is Providing TESTABLE METHODS (Verifiable Methods) to ascertain whatever claim you hold"

And is there any Testable Method Greater than Nature?

No, there isn't for by Nature the Proof of Sight is the True Description of that which is Seen, The Proof of hotness is the "Ouch" or "Burn". The proof of Wetness is the soaking or presence of liquid, The Proof of Creator is the creation!

FatherOfJesus:

Nature is not proof for your god, nature can exist with or without your god!

Now you have made an allegation requiring Proof for you allege that "Nature is not proof" which requires explanation of how "Nature is not a Proof or can not be a Proof" which you have failed to establish?

Further you make a second allegation requiring proof of how you Truly know that "Nature can exist with or without your god" and on reasonable consideration, this question will completely depart from the present issue in focus, so I reasonable think that this issue should have its own thread of its own separate from the present line of consideration!

FatherOfJesus:

Can you disprove it if I say the nature was created not by your god but by the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

This is an Enquiry into a Fresh Matter and not a rebuttal of my Answer, so it should properly have a thread of its own!

Therefore, on the whole you have not yet rebutted my answer rather you have made your own allegations which is not rebuttal because of want of Proof of Established Truth which you did not supply any Proof at all, not talk of it being an Established Proof!

Secondly you, you did not rebut my answer rather you have given me Another Fresh and Independent Matter to Disprove which is not a rebuttal but rather an Admission and Acceptance of my Answer, with a desire for further knowledge! grin
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 23, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The tendency to make baseless comparisons will be inherited by your children or/and your grandchildren or/and the future generations.
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 23, 2021
BetterChurch:

The mind cannot understand Soul, the spiritual worlds and workings. God is Eternal.
Since there's no logical definition of souls/spirits,then souls/spirits can't exist.
A failure to understand is different from an understanding of failure.
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 23, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Nature is not proof for your god, nature can exist with or without your god and you we’d to provide testable methods to check that truly your god did it. Can you disprove it if I say the nature was created not by your god but by the Flying Spaghetti Monster?
His argument is based on baseless comparisons.
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by BetterChurch: 3:43pm On Mar 23, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Since there's no logical definition of souls/spirits,then souls/spirits can't exist.
A failure to understand is different from an understanding of failure.

Soul is the essence of who we are. Before Man develop the act of speaking and writing (advanced mind), Soul has always been; even before the formation of the physical universe.
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by FatherOfJesus: 6:55pm On Mar 23, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You have said The Truth here, that is "anybody can claim whatever they want."

Then you have said and laid The Measurement of Proof of Truth in saying Most Truly that "The most important thing is Providing TESTABLE METHODS (Verifiable Methods) to ascertain whatever claim you hold"

And is there any Testable Method Greater than Nature?

No, there isn't for by Nature the Proof of Sight is the True Description of that which is Seen, The Proof of hotness is the "Ouch" or "Burn". The proof of Wetness is the soaking or presence of liquid, The Proof of Creator is the creation!

Now you have made an allegation requiring Proof for you allege that "Nature is not proof" which requires explanation of how "Nature is not a Proof or can not be a Proof" which you have failed to establish?

Further you make a second allegation requiring proof of how you Truly know that "Nature can exist with or without your god" and on reasonable consideration, this question will completely depart from the present issue in focus, so I reasonable think that this issue should have its own thread of its own separate from the present line of consideration!

This is an Enquiry into a Fresh Matter and not a rebuttal of my Answer, so it should properly have a thread of its own!

Therefore, on the whole you have not yet rebutted my answer rather you have made your own allegations which is not rebuttal because of want of Proof of Established Truth which you did not supply any Proof at all, not talk of it being an Established Proof!

Secondly you, you did not rebut my answer rather you have given me Another Fresh and Independent Matter to Disprove which is not a rebuttal but rather an Admission and Acceptance of my Answer, with a desire for further knowledge! grin

You want to test a null set?
Do you have a brain at all?
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by eomajeh: 10:17pm On Mar 23, 2021
What the early man did not understand, he mystified. For example, they saw colours in the sky, did not understand this, and before long the story of the first rainbow is created with god at the center. Villagers could be dying. Of course, the early men had no understanding of germs, but before long they'll spin a story of a god being angry and punishing them for some sin committed. So god came from the mind of man - he/ she/ it (whatever pronoun god goes by) is a convenient explanation for the things early man did not understand. Primitive men created god to explain things their primitive minds did not understand.

today, thing are a bit clearer. but god remains a convenient explanation for religious apologists. Theists like regressing things. This proceeds from the principle that everything must have a cause. Thus, some will ask u, "do u remember that u were once a sperm". They'll continue that u proceeded from ur father who proceeded from his father, and they keep regressing backward.
But they are then faced with a problem; that of "infinite regress" - which is endlessly tracing backwards. To avoid this problem of infinite regress, they conveniently stop the regressing at a point they call god. So the already created god of primitive man is conveniently retained by today's man to solve the problem of infinite regress.

man created god... this happened when man started seeking to understand his environment.
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by Dtruthspeaker: 11:53pm On Mar 23, 2021
FatherOfJesus:

You want to test a null set?
Do you have a brain at all?

grin I do have an information processing facility. grin

And by your Statement Above, You have Just Admitted The Truth of the Non-existence of Your Allegation for Everything in Existence, is EVIDENCED.

While I have given The EVIDENCE of the Existence of He Who we call God, Who is One, not "One out of the many" as if He has other gods who are His neighbours and as you wrongly demanded. Nope, He is God Over All, By Himself, A-LONE or A-ONE!

And you could not rebut it save for the funny further error of saying "Nature is No Proof"!

If Nature is No Proof, then Proof does not exist for, for Proof to exist, then it must be in existence and if it is in existence, then it can be Proven

Which is why I laid that the "Proof of Sight is the True Description of that which is Seen and the others examples I supplied.

This is The Proof that is Supplied by "Nature"!
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by Nobody: 2:21am On Mar 24, 2021
BetterChurch:

Soul is the essence of who we are. Before Man develop the act of speaking and writing (advanced mind), Soul has always been; even before the formation of the physical universe.

The essence of who we are can't exist in the absence of the universe or where we are because we can't even exist in the absence of the universe or where we are.
Also,there was never a time when man couldn't speak.
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by FatherOfJesus: 8:36pm On Mar 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin I do have an information processing facility. grin

And by your Statement Above, You have Just Admitted The Truth of the Non-existence of Your Allegation for Everything in Existence, is EVIDENCED.

While I have given The EVIDENCE of the Existence of He Who we call God, Who is One, not "One out of the many" as if He has other gods who are His neighbours and as you wrongly demanded. Nope, He is God Over All, By Himself, A-LONE or A-ONE!

And you could not rebut it save for the funny further error of saying "Nature is No Proof"!

If Nature is No Proof, then Proof does not exist for, for Proof to exist, then it must be in existence and if it is in existence, then it can be Proven

Which is why I laid that the "Proof of Sight is the True Description of that which is Seen and the others examples I supplied.

This is The Proof that is Supplied by "Nature"!
You can only prove a mathematical equation, you need evidence for a claim.

You evidence is so wack that you can even conclude that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is real because of nature. FSM created everything you see.
Yeah, that’s how silly and deluded you sound cheesy
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by Dtruthspeaker: 6:27am On Mar 25, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
You can only prove a mathematical equation, you need evidence for a claim.

grin See how you ridicule yourself? grin as a student that you are, have you still not learned that Evidence is "Proof" and means always means "Proof"?

Hence The "Proof" of Sight is Description, The "Proof" of hotness is the "Ouch" or "Burn". The "Poof" of Wetness is the soaking or presence of liquid, The "Proof" of Creator is the creation!

I am sure you know this, you are only just trying to check if your mouth still works! grin

Alright, we confirm, it still works! grin

FatherOfJesus:

You evidence is so wack that you can even conclude that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is real because of nature. FSM created everything you see.
Yeah, that’s how silly and deluded you sound cheesy

It was already obvious even before now that you did not have anything substantial to say but you just must say something, even if it is Stupid and Void of any good thinking, just to attack the messenger, since clearly you could not find fault with the message! It is you people's way when you fail and lose and are not able to supply any valid rebuttal grin

Just sleep, for I was not expecting any answer from you, thinking you would be mature and sensible enough to know when to shut up.

When you have something substantial some day, you could always bring it up again.
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by FatherOfJesus: 9:43am On Mar 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin See how you ridicule yourself? grin as a student that you are, have you still not learned that Evidence is "Proof" and means always means "Proof"?

Hence The "Proof" of Sight is Description, The "Proof" of hotness is the "Ouch" or "Burn". The "Poof" of Wetness is the soaking or presence of liquid, The "Proof" of Creator is the creation!

I am sure you know this, you are only just trying to check if your mouth still works! grin

Alright, we confirm, it still works! grin

It was already obvious even before now that you did not have anything substantial to say but you just must say something, even if it is Stupid and Void of any good thinking, just to attack the messenger, since clearly you could not find fault with the message! It is you people's way when you fail and lose and are not able to supply any valid rebuttal grin

Just sleep, for I was not expecting any answer from you, thinking you would be mature and sensible enough to know when to shut up.

When you have something substantial some day, you could always bring it up again.

Evidence is not proof, get educated
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by Dtruthspeaker: 10:10am On Mar 25, 2021
FatherOfJesus:

Evidence is not proof, get educated

Why do you continue to roll in pötö-pötö when you are not a pig?

See what Educators say, which you know already but you insist on swimming in excreta, Iyama!

Dictionary.com
1 noun
"that which tends to prove or disprove something;"

Evidence Meaning | Best 27 Definitions of Evidence

"Evidence meaning · Evidence is defined as something that gives proof or leads to a conclusion. · The definition of evidence is to show proof".

Evidence | Definition of Evidence by Merriam-Webster
"1 : a sign which shows that something exists or is true"

Please I beg you, let me not continue to see your "Shame and unclothedness" mbok, Bikô, ejô. Tufiakwa!
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by Judybash93(m): 11:27pm On Mar 25, 2021
jesusjnr1:
The question is questionable.

Just like asking the origin of the Origin of everything.

Everything has an origin except the origin of everything, and God is the Origin of everything.

So everything came from God who is Existence itself! You can't ask where Existence came from, could you?

By the way, I saw where you delved into deep spiritual matters in another thread, so that could give a clue as to the source of this questionable question.

Try and be more spiritually fortified before you embark on such deep things next time so that you wouldn't find yourself being vulnerable to such reactions.

God bless.

You know you could have answered by just typing "i don't know" right?
Re: Where Does God Come From ? — by Pecuman: 12:44am On Mar 26, 2021
Christian Theology and Enlightenment philosophy as God as these.

The unmoving mover, the uncaused cause, the point of origin of all things. As all things have a cause, you can in theory go back infinitely to find the cause of every effect, but sooner or later you will reach the beginning of all things and the first cause. Unlike all other causes, that first cause must no reason and is just the first cause, that is what God is.

Or that God well, created himself. In this idea, the first cause as caused by the first cause, an effect that was its own cause. This is God.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Lord Gave Me A Vision / A Healthy Ramadhan / The Final Word Folks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.