Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,346 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? (13611 Views)

Signs You Are Losing Faith In God / End Time Sign: Most Christians' Faith In God Is At All Time Low / What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Martinez39s(m): 3:56pm On Mar 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid to even this is also way over your head since you lack basic comprehension of the gist of the story as far as the book is concerned. undecided

That book is written in plain speak(human language) so I am led to believe you have never actually read it for your own self so you at least have a base understanding of what it is indeed about, let alone the reason for which I ask this man the question that I did. So, what do you care? undecided
INTERPRETATION: I can't counter, so just go away. grin
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Mar 15, 2021
ABCthings:

The fault mustn't always be from you.
Think about Job. He didn't do anything yet he suffered.

So senseless disaster can still befall a man even if he has no sin.
wtf does this mean? 9/11 is for your good?
LOL....Ooooh.. I love the Story of Job.

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Kobojunkie: 12:04am On Mar 16, 2021
Firstnebo:

You are not good with philosophy

I know you think you are wise.

Well to answer your questions: he didn't do those because he is not the ruler of the earth. Since your original father Adam wants us humans to rule ourselves, it should be our duty to find cancer cure, not God's
I like that retort! undecided

1 Like

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by haryomikun(m): 12:10am On Mar 16, 2021
Offpoint1:
Too many unanswered prayers, I quit praying and start working more, building myself more, learning more skills and I start getting results and I say what's the point? Everything you prayed for doesn't happen until you work for it... then what's the point of the prayers? If I asked my earthly father's stuffs and he continuously doesn't give me until I work for it, what's the point of asking? let me start working for it since it's more effective than asking for it.

There are too many things we don't want to speak up both Christians and Muslims because we're too afraid of the hell threats... 50% of humans are serving God out of fear of hell, the rest 50% are serving God out of personal greed which is promised of heaven.

If you're down at accident scene with injuries, no amount of prayers will save you if you're not taking to hospital for medical attention
In sickness it's still the same
In needs your fellow humans will be at your mercy when you speak up or when they noticed the signs.

Maybe the Brain behind our existence Left us to our own faith,
Maybe he made us to be our own gods by having each others backs.

I've gotten to the stage I'm no longer afraid to ask questions, I've stopped buying that "you can't question God" lines pastors and preachers had been giving me... I've stopped buying "the portal and clay" analogy. Clay doesn't complain about how the portal mould it because it's an inanimate object with no consciousness... Don't expect me to be like that.

Don't mistake me for an atheist
You’re deist (or on the way to becoming one) not atheist lol. Same as me
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Lifepodcastng: 5:40am On Mar 16, 2021
The mistake you keep making is equating your father to GOD. That’s one mistake too costly. There are always people who don’t think holistically, all they think is what they can get now. This is the problem of life and this is according to what you’re doing now. Yes certain things will take you away. The fact that you don’t even know when GOD has answered your prayer is one. You focus on what you’ve asked for without asking for what can benefit your soul. How would I know what you asked for will take you away? But I can see it’ll certainly take you away from the stance you’ve taken. I hope you get back solidly on the path of life man. This shouldn’t take long

Offpoint1:

Your answers is no difference from what every pastor, preacher, evangelist gave. The idea of me asking unrealistic things is laughable, I'm not a baby to asked for irrelevance things. If I do a legit work and not an illegal work and get results there's nothing EVIL ABOUT.
what are the things that will lead me away from the path of righteousness? You have no idea of what I asked for, things don't take away my conscience, so the excuse of "If given I might be lead away" is baseless.

I didn't declare myself a God, I simply work towards my needs instead of asking for it.
If you asked your father as a wealthy man for your first semester school fees and he refused, you failed your exams due to your inability to pay your fee. The same thing happens 2nd semester, his excuses are "it's not the right time to pay your school fee"... you decide not to ask him anymore, you hustle for your own money and pay your fee.... What crime have you committed against him?
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Offpoint1: 6:46am On Mar 16, 2021
Lifepodcastng:
The mistake you keep making is equating your father to GOD. That’s one mistake too costly. There are always people who don’t think holistically, all they think is what they can get now. This is the problem of life and this is according to what you’re doing now. Yes certain things will take you away. The fact that you don’t even know when GOD has answered your prayer is one. You focus on what you’ve asked for without asking for what can benefit your soul. How would I know what you asked for will take you away? But I can see it’ll certainly take you away from the stance you’ve taken. I hope you get back solidly on the path of life man. This shouldn’t take long

Using your earthly father to illustrate doesn't equate them to God, stop craftily avoiding my question.

LOL, what I asked will take me away from God? I reserve my comments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Martinez39s(m): 6:59am On Mar 16, 2021
Offpoint1:

Using your earthly father to illustrate doesn't equate them to God, stop craftily avoiding my question.

LOL, what I asked will take me away from God? I reserve my comments.
They will make any assumption to defend their God and put Him in a good light.
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by bolagabriella: 8:47am On Mar 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid you missed the bulk of Jesus Christ teachings there.

Jesus Christ is the New Covenant, the Lawgiver and the Law Himself as far as the Kingdom of Heaven is concerned, much like the way the Old Covenant which was given through Moses to the people of Israel is the Law as far as the Land of Canaan is concerned.

The New Covenant, Jesus Christ, the Law in the Kingdom of Heaven, comes with about 46 commandments, which Jesus Christ Himself requires that all those who will become His followers will accept(trust) and obey. You see, only this who trust in Him and obey His commandments will

1. Cease to be slaves to sin
2. Become His followers and be called Sons of God
3. Have Jesus Christ Himself living on the inside of them
4. Enter into the Kingdom of Heaven

TBC....

I do know all this...but like i said earlier, after reading my bible over and over, and after messages upon messages, i do believe the whole concept Jesus wants christianity to be all about is Love-love to God who first loved us and love to other creation irrespective of their nature or believe. Just my own conclusion though, and this is the concept i want to base my christianity on because every other things like you listed are wrapped around this.

If you love God, you will increase in the knowledge of him and you will comr to the realization that:
1. You are joint-heirs with christ so no longer a slave to sin
2. You will follow him and your actions in obedient to his words will make you sons of God
3. You will realize that Jesus is the way, truth and life and thus surrender all to him
4. You will continue in the love of God till you rest innthe bossom of God...
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Firstnebo: 2:01pm On Mar 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I like that retort! undecided

Thank you Kobo
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On Mar 16, 2021
bolagabriella:

I do know all this...but like i said earlier, after reading my bible over and over, and after messages upon messages, i do believe the whole concept Jesus wants christianity to be all about is Love-love to God who first loved us and love to other creation irrespective of their nature or believe. Just my own conclusion though, and this is the concept i want to base my christianity on because every other things like you listed are wrapped around this.

If you love God, you will increase in the knowledge of him and you will comr to the realization that:
1. You are joint-heirs with christ so no longer a slave to sin
2. You will follow him and your actions in obedient to his words will make you sons of God
3. You will realize that Jesus is the way, truth and life and thus surrender all to him
4. You will continue in the love of God till you rest innthe bossom of God...
The "whole concept" as far a the Old Covenant is concerned was also Love as well. They too conceptualized it all and came up with commandments and rules that would guide them into this idea of "Love" that they believed would please God. But that was where it all went wrong for them. Many of them still don't realize that even to this day. undecided

If they continue to miss the mark as far as the "love" concept, what makes you think that it isn't the case that you are also here making the same mistakes that they did? undecided

When Jesus Christ spoke of Love with the Old Covenant folks, He concurred that as far as the Old covenant is indeed concerned the two greatest commandments are indeed the "Shema" and the commandment to Love thy neighbor as they own self - yes, those commandments are also included as part of the Old Covenant. undecided

But the same Jesus Christ went on to castigate them for ignoring what they considered the lesser commandment, focusing instead on those they believe are of greater importance. undecided

There are about 46 commandments in total in the New Covenant. If you focus on just those that mention love, ignoring other commandments, such as the commandments that instruct you on how to pray, how to become a Son of God, what you can eat, on avoiding doctrines and traditions of men, etc, have you truly fulfilled the requirements of the law by your avoidance of the other laws? undecided

When you sign a contract and you ignore the majority of the terms and conditions of your contract, focusing on fulfilling instead the few terms/conditions that you choose to wrap your mind around, are you said to be meeting the obligations of your agreement? undecided

I love the story of the man called Job in the Bible. Job was called a righteous man by God Himself, and rightly so. You know why? Because if you read through the argument that Job made as he laid His case down before God, it was clear that Job knew the details of His agreement(contract) with God and he worked regularly in abiding to the terms and conditions of the contract. If Job could do that, do you get a pass from God for not? undecided
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by benjanny(m): 6:34pm On Mar 16, 2021
The way I lost my mum makes me nearly lose faith In God. A woman that was healthy and agile fall sick then died the next six days. Am yet to recover from that trauma
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by benjanny(m): 7:35pm On Mar 16, 2021
The way I lost my mum makes me nearly lose faith In God. A woman that was healthy and agile fall sick then died the next six days. Am yet to recover from that trauma
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Kobojunkie: 7:47pm On Mar 16, 2021
benjanny:
The way I lost my mum makes me nearly lose faith In God.
A woman that was healthy and agile
fall sick then died the next six days.
Am yet to recover from that trauma
What did she die of? undecided
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by mayor02(m): 8:53pm On Mar 16, 2021
Offpoint1:

Read your answers again, does it make any sense to you? I'm referring to a teenager here and not an adult.

Messi and Ronaldo won the world best at before 19years. Wizkid and Davido were millionaires before 20years. Forget the age, nobody is small, think like a man and not a teenager. MAN UP
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by bolagabriella: 9:48pm On Mar 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The "whole concept" as far a the Old Covenant is concerned was also Love as well. They too conceptualized it all and came up with commandments and rules that would guide them into this idea of "Love" that they believed would please God. But that was where it all went wrong for them. Many of them still don't realize that even to this day. undecided

If they continue to miss the mark as far as the "love" concept, what makes you think that it isn't the case that you are also here making the same mistakes that they did? undecided

When Jesus Christ spoke of Love with the Old Covenant folks, He concurred that as far as the Old covenant is indeed concerned the two greatest commandments are indeed the "Shema" and the commandment to Love thy neighbor as they own self - yes, those commandments are also included as part of the Old Covenant. undecided

But the same Jesus Christ went on to castigate them for ignoring what they considered the lesser commandment, focusing instead on those they believe are of greater importance. undecided

There are about 46 commandments in total in the New Covenant. If you focus on just those that mention love, ignoring other commandments, such as the commandments that instruct you on how to pray, how to become a Son of God, what you can eat, on avoiding doctrines and traditions of men, etc, have you truly fulfilled the requirements of the law by your avoidance of the other laws? undecided

When you sign a contract and you ignore the majority of the terms and conditions of your contract, focusing on fulfilling instead the few terms/conditions that you choose to wrap your mind around, are you said to be meeting the obligations of your agreement? undecided

I love the story of the man called Job in the Bible. Job was called a righteous man by God Himself, and rightly so. You know why? Because if you read through the argument that Job made as he laid His case down before God, it was clear that Job knew the details of His agreement(contract) with God and he worked regularly in abiding to the terms and conditions of the contract. If Job could do that, do you get a pass from God for not? undecided

I feel like you are not getting my point. I'm basically saying that love covers it all. Loving God makes it easier to keep all the other commandments you keep talking about. I'm not neglecting all other commandment, don't get me wrong, i just realized that cos of the love Jesus had for us, he was able to bear everything He went through on earth for our sake even though He felt frustrated every step of the way. And cos of the love He has for God, He was able to say to the father"but thy will...", even when it seems the burden of the sins of this world seems so great. That's the kind of love I'm talking about. A love so pure that it find joy only in pleasing God. I hope you understand me. If we as christians love God like Jesus did, then when faced with fulfilling all commandments we will just say "but thy will..."
Re: What Almost Broke Your Faith In GOD And How You Overcame It? by Kobojunkie: 10:06pm On Mar 16, 2021
bolagabriella:

I feel like you are not getting my point. I'm basically saying that love covers it all. Loving God makes it easier to keep all the other commandments you keep talking about. I'm not neglecting all other commandment, don't get me wrong, i just realized that cos of the love Jesus had for us, he was able to bear everything He went through on earth for our sake even though He felt frustrated every step of the way. And cos of the love He has for God, He was able to say to the father"but thy will...", even when it seems the burden of the sins of this world seems so great. That's the kind of love I'm talking about. A love so pure that it find joy only in pleasing God. I hope you understand me. If we as christians love God like Jesus did, then when faced with fulfilling all commandments we will just say "but thy will..."
And I am telling you that your supposition tha love covers it all is wrong and not according to the teachings of God in His Old Covenant and not even Jesus Christ in the New Covenant. undecided

Man's idea of love does not cover all of the 46 commandments that Jesus Christ taught His followers to accept(trust) and obey. So repeating the mistake that those who were reprimanded before you by Jesus Christ means you still don't get the message. undecided

Re-read
Kobojunkie:

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? / Create Your Thoughts, Don't Let Your Thoughts Create You... / Get The Last Two Digit Of Your Date Of Birth Using The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.